Inbox says 2 new emails, not seeing them..

I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running
Outlook 2003.

This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being read
already.

She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access her
computer.. is there anything I should look for or do?

0
yuppicide

Is she syncing with a smartphone or pda?  Is her reading pane set to mark
messages read when the selection changes?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

"yuppicide" <yuppicide138@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running
> Outlook 2003.
>
> This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being
> read already.
>
> She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access
> her computer.. is there anything I should look for or do?

0
Diane
4/15/2010 2:11:58 PM
Is this shown to her as a blue 2 between parenthesis behind her Inbox?
In that case, it could be that she has a filter applied to her view.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"yuppicide" <yuppicide138@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running
> Outlook 2003.
>
> This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being
> read already.
>
> She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access
> her computer.. is there anything I should look for or do?

0
Roady
4/15/2010 2:16:33 PM
No phone.

> Is she syncing with a smartphone or pda?  Is her reading pane set to mark
> messages read when the selection changes?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=42402
>

> "yuppicide" <yuppicide138@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running
>> Outlook 2003.
>>
>> This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being
>> read already.
>>
>> She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access
>> her computer.. is there anything I should look for or do?

0
yuppicide
4/15/2010 3:01:56 PM
Will check. Thanks.

She is definitely getting new emails because I sent her two test emails, it
now says there's 4 new emails. So, I'll see what happens when I read my two
emails and see if the number drops back down to 2 or what.

Just waiting on some company to show up and leave and I'll remote in.

message news:OZt5JZK3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Is this shown to her as a blue 2 between parenthesis behind her Inbox?
> In that case, it could be that she has a filter applied to her view.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "yuppicide" <yuppicide138@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running
>> Outlook 2003.
>>
>> This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being
>> read already.
>>
>> She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access
>> her computer.. is there anything I should look for or do?

0
yuppicide
4/15/2010 3:03:21 PM
I've had several staff members minimize "today", so they don't see what
comes in until its "tomorrow".

I hope that makes sense.

-Lauri
Bellingham Public Schools

"yuppicide" <yuppicide138@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running
>Outlook 2003.
>
> This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being
> read already.
>
> She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access
> her computer.. is there anything I should look for or do?

0
Lauri
4/15/2010 7:31:47 PM
Yeah, I was asking here for nothing.. it was minimized for the day which had
the two unread emails.. quick fix solved in 5 seconds after I remoted in..

"Lauri" <Lauri dot McBeath at bellinghamschools.org> wrote in message
> I've had several staff members minimize "today", so they don't see what
> comes in until its "tomorrow".
>
> I hope that makes sense.
>
> -Lauri
> Bellingham Public Schools
>

> "yuppicide" <yuppicide138@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running
>>Outlook 2003.
>>
>> This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being
>> read already.
>>
>> She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access
>> her computer.. is there anything I should look for or do?

0
yuppicide
4/16/2010 2:21:52 PM
Ran into this issue today too. A quick restart of Outlook solved the problem.
Doesn't answer why it was doing that, unfortunately.

"yuppicide" wrote:

> I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running
> Outlook 2003.
>
> This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being read
> already.
>
> She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access her
> computer.. is there anything I should look for or do?
>

> .

how to open a spread sheet email
Hi there, I was sent an email which is spread sheet set out but after i downloaded it, it said i had to find a programme to open it with but i have no idea how to do this. I hope someone can help me. Thanks. Hi Angie First of all, you must have excel on your PC to open excel files. If you do, click on the file you want to open, and open with Excel. Scroll down until you see the EXCEL icon. You can also save the file as a .xls file to your hard drive and then open, but is must be from a reliable source, you know. Thiem -- Thiem --------------------------------------------------------...

how do I remove duplicate emails?
For some reason Outlook spent an hour redownloading all old messages, giving me duplicates. How can I remove the duplicates (2000+)? Add the last modified date field to the view and sort by it. The ones redownloaded will have the same date. Or use one of the tools at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail_duplicates.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about O...

Changing mode #2
I have installed a new Exchange 2003 server, moved all of my mailboxes from my 5.5, and pretty much completed all of the steps except: I cannot seem to get rid of the last couple of references to my 5.5 server. I have installed the 5.5 administrator and removed all references to the old server there, but the server still appears in the System Manager and the "System Configuration" system folder still has a replecation entry. When I try to remove the replecation entry, I enter the domain Administrator ID and password but I keep getting an error 80070005 - permission denial. T...

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

One domain 2 excahgne servers
Hi all We currently have one forest and one domain and one exchange 2003 server. We have a remote office that wants to run its own exchagne server. Is this recomended? how do two excahgne 2003 server in the same domain but in different sites behave? I was going to put the exchange server in there oun OU and let them go for it, but is there anything i need to know about this or look out for? Thanks a bunch Skip Exchange 2003 can scale to many many sites...how many people in your remote office though? an entire server for just a few users might be overkill... "Skipster" &l...

Outlook Calendar #2
Some how I've created a second calendar in my personal folders. How can I delete it? I'm running on Outlook 2002, under XP. "Joe Pellegrino" <jpellegr@ford.com> wrote in message news:2ac6801c39289$60813080$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Some how I've created a second calendar in my personal > folders. How can I delete it? I'm running on Outlook > 2002, under XP. Can't you just go into "view - folders" -- find the second one & delete...? ...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

email purchase order check box on vendor card
Does anyone know what the email purchase order does on the vendor card? One of my coworkers discovered the check box and asked me what it did and I was at a loss. I didn't find anything on customer source that told me what module it tied into or what it did. I am assuming it will email the purchase order automatically if it is checked but want to make sure I know what it does before I experiment with it. Robert Fann Omni Packaging Could you describe exactly where you found this checkbox (under what field where)? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global B...

using outlook 2007 which says addin ESET OUTLOOK plugin is needed
I have looked for this plugin on Micosoft's web page but it does not seem to know anything about it. I get this pop up every time I use outlook, would like to stop that if I can. It does not stop outlook working however, just annoying. Can anyone help? Help here http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN767 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jonnie2" <jonnie2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC08A408-E963-498D-96FA-079FE0475701@microsoft.com... > I have looked for this plugin on Micosoft's web page but it does...

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

shading #2
Hi, Is there an easy way to shade the area between two series of data on a graph? Using an area graph, I can get it so that it shades from a line downward, but I can't figure out how to shade between lines. (The lines for the two series cross more than once.) Thanks. Dave Hi Dave, This may help. It's an answer to a previous similar question. (http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm) Dave B wrote: > Hi, > > Is there an easy way to shade the area between two series of data on a > graph? Using an area graph, I can get it so that it shades from a line > downward,...

how do I send emails?
I don't know how to send emails with outlook. I don't have a send button. You need to input all your account info into Outlook before the Send button will appear. Call your ISP and let them walk you through the setup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "sandytate" <sandytate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0FC508B-FDE1-4881-902D-41A69EB5BD60@microsoft.com... >I don't know how to send emails with out...

Changing SMTP port #2
If I understand it correctly, after modifying SERVICES file located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and restarting IMS, Exchange 5.5 will start listening for connection (and also start sending out messages) on port 26 smtp 26/tcp mail #Simple Mail Transfer Protocol What I want to do is configure Exch5.5 to listen for INcoming connection on port 25 and send OUTgoing messages on port 26. Is this possible? How about Exchange 2003? Can it be configured that way? Thanks. "John Doe" <jdoe@j23k4j76j7l9a0j0-ruei=ow835ufdklahgl.com> wrote...

No Messages in Inbox
I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any ideas? Need more info - if you're using Exchange, are you opening up the Exchange mailbox directly? what services do you have loaded? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox? Have you asked your Exchange admins for help? Brian wrote: > I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange > account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any > ideas? ...

Binder #2
I just upgraded to office XP. Where did the binder go? how can I get it back or reinstall it? Does the office 2002 have it? Angie Angie, Take a look here... http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,5224,00.asp "Office Binder: Gone but Not Really" PC Magazine article, January 29, 2002 by M. David Stone on using Binder in Office XP Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Ang" <Ang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B5C0368-2EC2-41D1-9500-85D527314921@microsoft.com... > I just upgraded to office XP. Where did the binder go? how can I get it > back or r...

Sending mail in outlook #2
How can I get outlook 2000 to send an email after composing? I will compose an email and hit send/receive and it sends it to the outbox. Is there any way to have it sent directly with out having to hit send/recieve again? ...

CRM should match incoming email to the Contact
In CRM v3.0, when the email address exists for both a Lead and a Contact, an incoming email is "not resolved to a record in the system". This would seem to be a significant problem for ALL companies using CRM because the basic CRM flow/methodology is having a Lead and then converting that Lead to a Contact for creating Opportunities, Quotes, etc. Once converted from a Lead to a Contact, by definition, you now have two "entities" with the same email address. Therefore, ANY/ALL further emails from that customer will no longer "resolve to a record in the system&quo...

old inbox messages disappearing
Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would disappear without being deleted? Usually a filtered view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5501c42a43$a8f8ce70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would > disappear without being deleted? Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings. >-----Original Message----- >Usually a filtered view. >-- >Russ Valentine >[MVP-Outlook] >"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

portfolio performance #2
Hi, I recently converted a Quicken file to Money, and am trying to get my 401(k) account set up. I have all the funds/balances/shares correctly entered, and the performance report is correctly displaying my return rates for the period and year-to-date. My question is if there is a way to view the account information in a bar chart. I found a tab in the customize window that lets you select a chart, but it only displays one bar, with the account info as it stands right now. What I would like to see is a month-to-month display with historical information (this was easy to get in Qu...

Hosting mail #2
I'm still very new at SBS and Exchange03. Is there almost a tutorial at hosting your own mail locally, I don't like our current pop3 connector setup, it takes way too long and seems very unreliable.. Thanks brian lowry brian.lowry@(yougottahatespam)wcem.org Brian Lowry wrote: > I'm still very new at SBS and Exchange03. Is there almost a tutorial > at hosting your own mail locally, I don't like our current pop3 > connector setup, it takes way too long and seems very unreliable.. > > Thanks > > brian lowry > brian.lowry@(yougottahatespam)wcem.org Goo...

outlook inbox slows down
1.my client has informed me that his inbox slows down we he moves from one e-mail to another, and his cursor develops a tail 2. my other client has a problem accessing he inbox but when we moved the inbox to another pc on the network she can gain access to her own inbox on the other machine Do you have Norton Antivirus? If so the latest up has scewed things up. Open Norton and goto Options/Misc. and uncheck the Office plug in. This seem to effect every MS Office program. Check other newsgroups about it. That's how I found out. "donovan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Task Pane #2
When I open Publisher 2007, the Task Pane automatically opens on the left side of the new document. Is there a way to permanently stop this from opening up every time rather than having to close it each time? I wish... You can tear it off and make it small. Drag it to a less intrusive area. Publisher will remember this maneuver the next time you open the program. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ItsAlwaysSomething" <ItsAlwaysSomething@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC3E06B4-1144-462D-B236-84C846C4293C@microsoft.com... > When I open Publisher ...

Performance Monitoring for CRM 4.0 with SCOM or another tool? #2
Hi. As far as I can tell, the only performance monitoring pack for CRM 4.0 is for MOM; however we run Microsoft SCOM. I was wondering the following: 1. Could someone be nice enough to post the CRM MOM counters and thresholds so we can build our own perfmon script? 2. Could someone let me know if a monitoring pack for SCOM will someday be available? (either from MS or 3rd party) 3. Could someone let me know if there is an existing 3rd party utility I could use to monitor my CRM environment (I haven't seen one but maybe there is one). Thank you! ...

How do I make my inbox mails which the receiver is a specific grou
I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, automatic to a specific folder. How to do that? Many thanks for your replying. You can use the Rules Wizard (on the Tools menu) to move items from different senders to different folders. "vincent" <vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220B0059-3C29-41C0-BC7C-C4DFBF004E98@microsoft.com... > I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I > want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, ...

How to identify incoming email before it's downloaded completely.
3 questions: 1. How do I identify incoming email before it's downloaded completely? Some people will send me menus, pictures, maps, which on my dial-up really slow down my system, and I'll want to download them, but others, I don't. How do I see who's sending to me, before the message itself is downloaded? Seems I had that capability on my previous email system. 2. How do I change my name in sending out emails? I didn't realize it but I must've entered my first name when configuring- how to un-do? 3. How do I change my email address? Thanks. Version...