Inbox Repair Tool error

A member of our staff overflowed his Inbox last week.  A
quick check revealed that it was slightly over the 2Gb
suggested limit.  I ran the 2GB Truncate Utility, and then
ran the Inbox Repair Tool.  When the repair tool gets
about halfway through Phase 6 of 8, it stops and I get the
error message "An error has occurred which caused the scan
to be stopped.  No changes have been made to the scanned
file."  I've gone back to the original PST file three
times now to each time cut off more and more excess with
the 2GB utility, but each time I get the same error
message with the Repair utility.  The user has MS Outlook
2000 and is on an XP machine.  Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Try truncating the .pst file to about 1.5 gigs and see if this helps.  The
absolute limit is actually 1.82 gigs but I have seen corruption in files
over 1.5.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Greg asked:

| A member of our staff overflowed his Inbox last week.  A
| quick check revealed that it was slightly over the 2Gb
| suggested limit.  I ran the 2GB Truncate Utility, and then
| ran the Inbox Repair Tool.  When the repair tool gets
| about halfway through Phase 6 of 8, it stops and I get the
| error message "An error has occurred which caused the scan
| to be stopped.  No changes have been made to the scanned
| file."  I've gone back to the original PST file three
| times now to each time cut off more and more excess with
| the 2GB utility, but each time I get the same error
| message with the Repair utility.  The user has MS Outlook
| 2000 and is on an XP machine.  Any ideas?

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/14/2004 8:30:19 AM
I truncated the original file down to 1.4 Gb and still got=20
the error when running scanpst.  So then I truncated it=20
down to 1Gb -- same result.  Is there any way I can=20
perform a forced reindexing on the reduced PST file with=20
something other than scanpst, since that utility doesn't=20
seem to be doing the job?

Thanks

this helps.  The absolute limit is actually 1.82 gigs but=20
I have seen corruption in files over 1.5.

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Greg asked:
A member of our staff overflowed his Inbox last week.  A
quick check revealed that it was slightly over the 2Gb
suggested limit.  I ran the 2GB Truncate Utility, and then
ran the Inbox Repair Tool.  When the repair tool gets
about halfway through Phase 6 of 8, it stops and I get the
error message "An error has occurred which caused the scan
to be stopped.  No changes have been made to the scanned
file."  I've gone back to the original PST file three
times now to each time cut off more and more excess with
the 2GB utility, but each time I get the same error
message with the Repair utility.  The user has MS Outlook
2000 and is on an XP machine.  Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Tool required for importing Analytical Accounting data
A tool for importing Analytical Accounting data with core transactions should be developed. Customer has several stand alone Great Plains installations (in distant countries) and wants to import GL entries with Analytical Accounting data into a centralized Great Plains environment. An import tool would also benefit customers who import GL, AP, AR, SOP transactions from external non-integration applications. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

memory errors in IE8
IN IE8 when I click on many links I get popup error messages saying something about memory and then some long numbers... what casues this I never get them in Opera, firefox or chrome Hi, DLLs mentioned in the error messages may be pointing to the troublesome program or browser add-on. But... Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons. or from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons) Visit several of the affected sites.If the problem goes away, a browser ...

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

Tools.Customize.Commands.Modify Selection (doesn't)
I have a macro (I wrote) that is listed with the project name (and the project name appears on my button) and despite following (what I believe are) the instructions for renaming it the "Modify Selection" button in the Tools.Customize.Commands dialog box is never enabled and I can't rename it. It's Outlook 2000 if that matters. Thanks, Tom ...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

Record Deleted Error Message
Whenever I try to run a particular DB, I get an error message stating that the record has been deleted. Can anyone tell me what Access is looking for if nothing has been deleted? Thanks If you get this message just by opening a table, it probably indicates a corruption. Try a compact/repair (Database Utilities on the Tools menu.) If that doesn't fix it, see: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html#RowsShowDeleted -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot or...

Installation errors
Hi, as many of you, I have been having an awful time to install the new msn after an uptdate was required. I have tried everything suggested in previous threads, but nothing seems to work. I get two error messages everytime I try (I have Vista). 1) Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime aborted:0x80004004 2) Windows Live Call hr:0x800b0109 May anybody please help me? Thanks > Hi, as many of you, I have been having an awful time to install the new > msn > after an uptdate was required. I have tried everything suggested in > previous > threads, but nothing...

Runtime error #3
Excel 2000 Visual Basic 6. I have a workbook containing Pivot Tables and Charts. The page headers are controlled through buttons/macros. Occassionally I get the following error message run-time error '1004' unable to set the _Default property of the Pivot Item class. Debugging the cod ActiveChart.PivotLayout.PivotFields(Y).CurrentPage = X and Y being the parameters passed On examination of the Pivot Chart, either shows (1) corrupted pagefield list - items missing or duplicated - cleared by dragging all fields back to the pivot toolbar, selecting refresh and dragging back onto the cha...

IEXPLORE.EXE error
Hi there, I'm having issues trying to import account and contact data into CRM 3.0 for SBS When clicking Tools - Import - I get the following error: IEXPLORE.EXE Application Error The instruction at "0x4a5b19d6" referenced memory at "0x00000020". The memory could not be "read". If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated Many Thanks, CambiNet Man http://www.cambinet.com Hi, Have you tried the following update for IE? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ff9bc431-01f3-48e8-9a58-d701d2e60c1d&displaylang=en Regards Ad...

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

Archive Error after importing
We imported all our mail into Outlook from Netscape (via Netscape 4 to Outlook Express then to Outlook). Now when we try to selectively archive folders, it acts like it is archiving and does create an archive folder at the destination but it doesn't have any content and doesn't move anything from the original folder. Is it possible that even though on the display the e-mail shows the correct date that somehow the system is not reading that date due to the importing? ...

Run-time error '-2146233079 (80131509)' in the Excel Application
I have created a Macros to view the Analtyical Reports in the Excel. When the user is trying to get the data from the server he is getting an error message though i am able to perform the operation successfully on my env. Error Message: Run-time error '-2146233079 (80131509)': The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly. As we clik on the ok button for the above error message pop-up, i am getting an another error message with the following details. It has two buttons defined on the pop-up:- Cancel and Continue. Then this error message appeared: Mi...

How to use Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool with multiple users
Hi... I've downloaded the Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool and have installed it on a machine for myself. There are multiple profiles on this machine, but they don't have the "backup" option in their outlook. If they try to install, it recognizes that the tool is already installed and wants to unistall it (which I assume will remove it from my profile). How do I get this tool to work for each user's outlook on a single PC? Thanks! Randy ...

Integration Manager: odd GL batch entry error
I have created a new GP company (with a new chart of accounts) into which we will integrate information from an "old" GP company. All of the company and GL setup is done and the new chart of accounts has been integrated. When I import a "balanced" batch (amounts sum to zero) I get the following error: " DOC [] WARNING: Account [] will not be integrated because no non-zero debit or credit value exists to integrate." The batch comes in out-of-balance. The account number does exist in the chart of accounts and the integration source file, and the integration r...

Errors List re: Excel XP?
Anyone have a comprehensive of Access 2002 error messages and solutions that they would be willing to share? Also, what about advisories i.e., "to avoid this - do that" type of information? What ever information I receive, I will compile and share with others in the group. Thanks in advance! Dennis dmburgess@ameritech.net ...

Free Tool Marimekko Charts?
Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy graphing of Marimekko Charts in Excel ...? Depending on your comfort level with XL, you may or may not find it easy to adapt Stephen Bullen's example of a variable width chart to your needs (funchrt5 in http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <d0la2p$f3m$05$1@news.t-online.com>, rene.werner@t-online.de says... > Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy gr...

No Messages in Inbox
I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any ideas? Need more info - if you're using Exchange, are you opening up the Exchange mailbox directly? what services do you have loaded? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox? Have you asked your Exchange admins for help? Brian wrote: > I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange > account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any > ideas? ...

CANNOT OPEN "OPTIONS" IN THE TOOL MENU
Hi guys, When I choose Options in the Tools menu in Excel 97 I get a message telling me the macro cannot run and displays the typical buttons End, Debug .... The Personal Macro Workbook does not show any macros when I go to Tools, Macro, Macros. I am not a programmer so I'm in the dark about this one. It works fine on the other pc. Would greatly appreciate any help on this one. pcw. If a macro is trying to run when you choose tools|options, maybe you can just reset that toolbar. Tools|customize|toolbars tab Select worksheet menu bar and click reset You will lose any customized c...

Error with PFDavAdmin Tool
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had came across this error before when using the above tool. I connect to all mailboxes, right click 'Mailbox' and then select 'Fix Folder DACLs'. I get the following error in the log. Attempting to fix ACL on folders: http://server/exchange/ Failed to process subfolders with exception: Specified cast is not valid. Finished. When I try the same operation on a single mailbox it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks. On 27 Feb 2006 07:56:51 -0800, gdf1903@hotmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >I was wondering if anyone had came across this error be...

spyware doctor and sidebyside error 59
i installed pc tools spyware doctor to rid myself of a nasty virus called xpdenfender/ xp smart security 2010 etc. its all the same malware just under different names. but back to point i installed sd and everytime i reboot to fully install it i get a sidebyside error 58 and 59. Date:4/16/2010 Source:SideBySide Time:12:50:28 Am Category: None Type: Error Event ID:59 Generate Activation Context failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaucpl.cpl.manifest. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully. Date:4/16/2010 Source:SideBySide Time:12:50:2...

Can't quit error
I am running Excel '97 Pro on a Windows '98 box. I have a web query that runs each night (file is in XLStart and Excel is in Task Scheduler) and I have multiple Add-Ins installed -- none of which were installed close to the time this mystery first appeared. All this seems to work fine, except periodically but with no consistency, I get a pop-up error message in Excel that says "Can't Quit at this time". At the point in time that I get this error message, I have generally already saved and closed the file containing the web query results, and have some other Excel file ...

old inbox messages disappearing
Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would disappear without being deleted? Usually a filtered view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5501c42a43$a8f8ce70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would > disappear without being deleted? Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings. >-----Original Message----- >Usually a filtered view. >-- >Russ Valentine >[MVP-Outlook] >"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Performance Monitoring for CRM 4.0 with SCOM or another tool? #2
Hi. As far as I can tell, the only performance monitoring pack for CRM 4.0 is for MOM; however we run Microsoft SCOM. I was wondering the following: 1. Could someone be nice enough to post the CRM MOM counters and thresholds so we can build our own perfmon script? 2. Could someone let me know if a monitoring pack for SCOM will someday be available? (either from MS or 3rd party) 3. Could someone let me know if there is an existing 3rd party utility I could use to monitor my CRM environment (I haven't seen one but maybe there is one). Thank you! ...

How do I make my inbox mails which the receiver is a specific grou
I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, automatic to a specific folder. How to do that? Many thanks for your replying. You can use the Rules Wizard (on the Tools menu) to move items from different senders to different folders. "vincent" <vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220B0059-3C29-41C0-BC7C-C4DFBF004E98@microsoft.com... > I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I > want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, ...