Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors

I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1.  My Outlook.pst
file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)."

The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000.  Shortly after
installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity.
It found and repaired errors.  I ran it again a few days later, and again it
found errors.  In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors.

Is this normal behavior?  For the record, I do not abruptly power down the
machine rather than allow Windows to shut down normally.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

0
nospam7515 (2084)

Outlook.pst is 127 MB after a compress.

"nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1.  My Outlook.pst
> file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)."
>
> The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000.  Shortly
after
> installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity.
> It found and repaired errors.  I ran it again a few days later, and again
it
> found errors.  In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors.
>
> Is this normal behavior?  For the record, I do not abruptly power down the
> machine rather than allow Windows to shut down normally.

nospam7515 (2084)

Tool required for importing Analytical Accounting data
A tool for importing Analytical Accounting data with core transactions should be developed. Customer has several stand alone Great Plains installations (in distant countries) and wants to import GL entries with Analytical Accounting data into a centralized Great Plains environment. An import tool would also benefit customers who import GL, AP, AR, SOP transactions from external non-integration applications. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

memory errors in IE8
IN IE8 when I click on many links I get popup error messages saying something about memory and then some long numbers... what casues this I never get them in Opera, firefox or chrome Hi, DLLs mentioned in the error messages may be pointing to the troublesome program or browser add-on. But... Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons. or from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons) Visit several of the affected sites.If the problem goes away, a browser ...

Tools.Customize.Commands.Modify Selection (doesn't)
I have a macro (I wrote) that is listed with the project name (and the project name appears on my button) and despite following (what I believe are) the instructions for renaming it the "Modify Selection" button in the Tools.Customize.Commands dialog box is never enabled and I can't rename it. It's Outlook 2000 if that matters. Thanks, Tom ...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

Runtime error #3
Excel 2000 Visual Basic 6. I have a workbook containing Pivot Tables and Charts. The page headers are controlled through buttons/macros. Occassionally I get the following error message run-time error '1004' unable to set the _Default property of the Pivot Item class. Debugging the cod ActiveChart.PivotLayout.PivotFields(Y).CurrentPage = X and Y being the parameters passed On examination of the Pivot Chart, either shows (1) corrupted pagefield list - items missing or duplicated - cleared by dragging all fields back to the pivot toolbar, selecting refresh and dragging back onto the cha...

where do i find autoarchive on my computer
I have Winows XP and have no idea how to find the archive file. I used to have an icon on the desk top but that has disappeared. Any help would be appreciated. Your question does not have anything to do with Word. Autoarchiving is a feature of Outlook. Was archiving of mail items that you were thinking of? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Ganga" <Ganga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Archive Error after importing
We imported all our mail into Outlook from Netscape (via Netscape 4 to Outlook Express then to Outlook). Now when we try to selectively archive folders, it acts like it is archiving and does create an archive folder at the destination but it doesn't have any content and doesn't move anything from the original folder. Is it possible that even though on the display the e-mail shows the correct date that somehow the system is not reading that date due to the importing? ...

IEXPLORE.EXE error
Hi there, I'm having issues trying to import account and contact data into CRM 3.0 for SBS When clicking Tools - Import - I get the following error: IEXPLORE.EXE Application Error The instruction at "0x4a5b19d6" referenced memory at "0x00000020". The memory could not be "read". If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated Many Thanks, CambiNet Man http://www.cambinet.com Hi, Have you tried the following update for IE? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ff9bc431-01f3-48e8-9a58-d701d2e60c1d&displaylang=en Regards Ad...

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

Run-time error '-2146233079 (80131509)' in the Excel Application
I have created a Macros to view the Analtyical Reports in the Excel. When the user is trying to get the data from the server he is getting an error message though i am able to perform the operation successfully on my env. Error Message: Run-time error '-2146233079 (80131509)': The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly. As we clik on the ok button for the above error message pop-up, i am getting an another error message with the following details. It has two buttons defined on the pop-up:- Cancel and Continue. Then this error message appeared: Mi...

How to use Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool with multiple users
Hi... I've downloaded the Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool and have installed it on a machine for myself. There are multiple profiles on this machine, but they don't have the "backup" option in their outlook. If they try to install, it recognizes that the tool is already installed and wants to unistall it (which I assume will remove it from my profile). How do I get this tool to work for each user's outlook on a single PC? Thanks! Randy ...

Integration Manager: odd GL batch entry error
I have created a new GP company (with a new chart of accounts) into which we will integrate information from an "old" GP company. All of the company and GL setup is done and the new chart of accounts has been integrated. When I import a "balanced" batch (amounts sum to zero) I get the following error: " DOC [] WARNING: Account [] will not be integrated because no non-zero debit or credit value exists to integrate." The batch comes in out-of-balance. The account number does exist in the chart of accounts and the integration source file, and the integration r...

Errors List re: Excel XP?
Anyone have a comprehensive of Access 2002 error messages and solutions that they would be willing to share? Also, what about advisories i.e., "to avoid this - do that" type of information? What ever information I receive, I will compile and share with others in the group. Thanks in advance! Dennis dmburgess@ameritech.net ...

Free Tool Marimekko Charts?
Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy graphing of Marimekko Charts in Excel ...? Depending on your comfort level with XL, you may or may not find it easy to adapt Stephen Bullen's example of a variable width chart to your needs (funchrt5 in http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <d0la2p$f3m$05$1@news.t-online.com>, rene.werner@t-online.de says... > Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy gr...

No Messages in Inbox
I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any ideas? Need more info - if you're using Exchange, are you opening up the Exchange mailbox directly? what services do you have loaded? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox? Have you asked your Exchange admins for help? Brian wrote: > I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange > account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any > ideas? ...

CANNOT OPEN "OPTIONS" IN THE TOOL MENU
Hi guys, When I choose Options in the Tools menu in Excel 97 I get a message telling me the macro cannot run and displays the typical buttons End, Debug .... The Personal Macro Workbook does not show any macros when I go to Tools, Macro, Macros. I am not a programmer so I'm in the dark about this one. It works fine on the other pc. Would greatly appreciate any help on this one. pcw. If a macro is trying to run when you choose tools|options, maybe you can just reset that toolbar. Tools|customize|toolbars tab Select worksheet menu bar and click reset You will lose any customized c...

Error with PFDavAdmin Tool
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had came across this error before when using the above tool. I connect to all mailboxes, right click 'Mailbox' and then select 'Fix Folder DACLs'. I get the following error in the log. Attempting to fix ACL on folders: http://server/exchange/ Failed to process subfolders with exception: Specified cast is not valid. Finished. When I try the same operation on a single mailbox it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks. On 27 Feb 2006 07:56:51 -0800, gdf1903@hotmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >I was wondering if anyone had came across this error be...

Can't quit error
I am running Excel '97 Pro on a Windows '98 box. I have a web query that runs each night (file is in XLStart and Excel is in Task Scheduler) and I have multiple Add-Ins installed -- none of which were installed close to the time this mystery first appeared. All this seems to work fine, except periodically but with no consistency, I get a pop-up error message in Excel that says "Can't Quit at this time". At the point in time that I get this error message, I have generally already saved and closed the file containing the web query results, and have some other Excel file ...

old inbox messages disappearing
Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would disappear without being deleted? Usually a filtered view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5501c42a43$a8f8ce70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would > disappear without being deleted? Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings. >-----Original Message----- >Usually a filtered view. >-- >Russ Valentine >[MVP-Outlook] >"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

XADM: Error 1084 Reports corruption in an RTF Attachment
Hi, Just got this error message on my Exchange 2000 enterprise server for the MSExchange IS Mailbox store in the event logs. The server is running OK. The store is working OK. Checked article 232685 and it said that exchange is operating by design but the article is refering to Exch 5.5 Is this error safe to ignore. No third party products have been installed in the last year. thanks -- Kath ...

tool bar color
In a custom tool bar, I am unable to change tool bar pattern and font color.how to do it? You cannot change it individually, it a windows setting. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE609C71-0361-4A09-A515-25A5C7F56C98@microsoft.com... > In a custom tool bar, I am unable to change tool bar pattern and font > color.how to do it? I think I am not clear to write but actuallly,for a workbook I created a floating tool bar.Its color is grey....

HQ Client Runtime error 6
I am having real problems with HQClient as I am unable to open it on my machine it comes up with a runtime error 6 overflow. I have recently reformatted my machine and I am still getting this error. I have tried installing it from several different media sets. But still the same error please can someone help as I have been unable to get this to work for a couple of months now. I am now running RMS Version 2 service pack 2 with SQL Server 2005 and XP Pro (Service pack 2 and I have also upgraded to 3) hi Kirsten, It seems that they problem with XP SP3. Read below article which stated thi...

Finding Formula?
I need to create a formula that will set a value from a table. For example, I have these data on Sheet 1: ID Name 01 Mark Anthony 02 Test Sample 03 Example Test 04 Beta VHS On Sheet 2, I have the same table but I need to type only the name on one column and the ID is automatically indicated on the same row. I have tried the Lookup function but I can't make this run. Please help. Mark Vlookup wouldn't work in this situation since the actual lookup column is not on the left. Lookup would work, but that can't be configured to *insure* an exact ...