Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors #2

This message was originally posted on 1/26/04, but received no response.

I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1.  My Outlook.pst
file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)," 127 MB after a compress.
The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000.  Shortly after
installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity.
It found and repaired errors.  I ran it again a few days later, and again it
found errors.  In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors.

Is this normal behavior?  For the record, I do NOT abruptly power down the
machine rather than allow Windows to shut down normally.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

0
nospam7515 (2084)

how to fix "Check Catalog Msg 3851" error
I've got two sql server 2005 systems (production & development) nightly, I backup my production databases and do a test restore on my development server as part of the test restore, today I added this statement DBCC CheckDB (testmaster) WITH No_Infomsgs, All_ErrorMsgs testmaster on my development server is the 'master' database on the production server the statement gave me this output Msg 8992, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Check Catalog Msg 3851, State 1: An invalid row (class=60,depid=1,depsubid=0) was found in the system table sys.syssingleobjrefs (class=60)....

"Path does not exist " error
When ever I click on a link in my email I get an error message, "Path does not exist or is not a directory." I checked the box in Internet Explorer to be sure it is my default browser, I tried the fix posted a few days ago, "http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=KB;EN-US;177054" and it won't let me change the,"application used to perform action" box to the printed pathway, in fact, the printed pathway says to "leave the quotation marks" in and I don't see any quotation marks in the suggested pathway. Can you help? ...

error with installing Microsoft CRM
i've windows 2003 server + exchange sever 2003 + sql server 2005 all installed in the same computer (all the servers, named 'CRM') when trying to install CRM 3.0 i've got the message: action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RSPublishAction failed. the specified path is not metabase path. parameter name: path when trying to mark to install in the current web site the server, the binding is: 192.168.1.3:8888:procom, metabase path: /LM/W3svc/1 so i was trying to create a new web site (the server binding appears is: ':5555:' in the wizard screen appears (setup was unbale t...

Run Time Error 9 (Subscript out of Range) for XLA file
I just turned an xls file into an xla file and am having some issues with my code. The code snippet below is failing on: Windows(varfile1).Activate. varfile1 is the name of the xla file. When it was an xls file I selected the workbook, then selected a sheet in it, then selected a start cell and then figured out what the used range was (I know I can also employ .UsedRange but will ignore for now). However, now that its an xla file I cannot seem to a get to my start cell (within a sheet in the xla file) by selecting the xla file and its sheet. How do I get around this. Thanks in adv...

fill color #2
I am using MS Office Professional Edition 2003. My problem is with Excel 2003 (SP1). On the fill color menu, I do not have an option for "More Fill Colors". Just the basic color palate appears. I am running 1280x1024-32 bit resolution. I checked, and the high-contrast feature is not enabled on my computer. I also tried different screen resolutions without success. Any ideas on how to get this option enabled? Thanks for any help! The 'More Colors' option is available when a drawing shape is selected, but not when a cell is selected. G. Stockman wrote: > I a...

How to get mail from 2 accts into separate folders.
I have created two email accounts. One for each of my SBC Yahoo DSL sub accounts They work fine & I can use Outlook now as the common spot to view all my email accounts. However all the email goes into my inbox. Is there a way to get each of the emails to receive into a separate folder? I've created separate inbox folders but don't know how to make this happen. help appreciated. You have to create rules to move into folders ie when mail received ........move to........ "Brian B." <bcbarsamian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1964d01c41c21$8c134c70$a101280a...

Send/Recieve error #3
I had few viruses in my computer that I cleaned up. Ever since, I face send/recieve error in my pop3 email account. I think I deleted a driver or somthing. Any idea? ...

Tabs #2
I would like set up a justified music program list as following sample: Brahms symphony.........................Johannes Brahms Will be a justified left and right list. Using Pub. 2000. Do I have to set L. and R. tabs? Line length will be 6". I know I will use leaders after the flush left part, how do I get the copy on the right to justify? Hope you can help! Thanks, Harvey A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Harvey <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Will be a justified left and right list. Using Pub. 2000. > Do I ...

Scribe insight Error 384 callout code throws exception
We have been testing the migration from Goldmine 6.5 Corporate, into CRM 3.0 using Scribe Insight. Everything is working "ok" but we are having some minor issues. Now we want to completely empty out the CRM databases, and test another migration with Scribe. I am getting the Error 384 callout code throws exception. One of my DB guys thinks it has to do with the keycrossreference table in Scribeinternal DB. But, i uninstalled CRM, and Scribe, deleted all databases, and we are still getting this error? is there something in the registry that needs to be changed? Thanks Rodney ...

Exel Calender drop down box 2005 #2
Trying to set up a drop down Calender box, within a Exel Spreadsheet for 12 month period--showing months & days. Advice Please. allen,baxter@woodside.com.au Hi Allen check out http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Allen" <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DE46D9A-652D-47CD-B999-7F26FC4D5627@microsoft.com... > Trying to set up a drop down Calender box, within a Exel Spreadsheet for > 12 > month period--showing months & days. > Advice Please. > allen,baxter@woodside.com.au ...

Formats: Should be Duration MM:SS, but is really Time (12:30:00 AM) #2
Thanks for the reply it does help some, but the issue is a littl different. It's not that I want to keep the data in a time format or do an calculations based on the time, but rather I want to separate th minutes and seconds on a per instance basis. The export lists 00:30 as MM:SS, but when highlighted it reads 12:30:0 AM, and I know that the 00:30 is really only a 30 second entry, but can't get that separated out of the cell without changing the data. It is definitely an odd issues. Thanks, Tbon -- Tbon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tbo...

CrossTab Error if data not present
I created a report using a crosstab query and depending on the data present, I sometimes get an error. (The Microsoft Jet database does not recognize " as a valid field name or expression) I have determined that its due to a "Column Heading" not being present that I have specified on the report. The potential columns could be "Prospect, Client, Sold, Inactive". How can have blanks show up in columns that do not exist and not give me an error. Here is the code from the cross-tab query. TRANSFORM Count([Dan Marketing Query].CustomerID) AS CountOfCust...

Email #2
I can't any emails. It comes up incorrect host. What does that mean and how do I find the correct one? -- TC ...

Upgrading to Office 10.4 and 10.5 #2
I am running System 10.3 and have office. I have upgraded to 10.1.3 but when I try to upgrade to 10.1.4 and/or 10.1.5 I get messges tht say sometimes it cannot find office on my computer and at other times that I need the earlier updates. has anyone any ideas? Many thanks, Mark You needed to update to 10.1.2 first or you get problems... http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx? pid=3Ddownload&location=3D/mac/DOWNLOAD/OFFICEX/ OfficeX_1015.xml&secid=3D5&ssid=3D15&flgnosysreq=3DTrue=20 Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update=20 This update addresses several stability issues w...

Print Error: Windows cannot print due to a problem with the curren
Situation: Windows Vista SP1 [ya, I know], Office 2007 Home & Student SP2 - both fully patched except SP2 for Vista. Samsung ML-2510 monochrome laser printer. Outside of Office, printer functions fine. Can do a test print, print from another application, etc. Have deleted the printer from Vista and it re-installed fine. Have the latest driver as per manufacturer. When trying to print from any Office application [OK tried Word & Excel, but I'll assume all], I get the error message "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup". S...

Cannot find News Button
I have recently installed Office 2003 with Outlook. I cannot access Newsgroups. I have tried to configure the GO menu as instructed but cannot locate a News Button in the configure box. Can anyone help please? thanks When I asked this question some time ago, they told me that Outlook Express 'is the newsreader' of Outlook... "Bryan1945" <Bryan1945@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E15251-552A-407B-8347-1BC198B97FF1@microsoft.com... >I have recently installed Office 2003 with Outlook. I cannot access > Newsgroups. I have tried to configure th...

Splitting Y-Axis into 2 for a line chart
Hi, I have a bunch of data series that I want to chart using a line graph with $ on the y-axis and time on the x-axis. The trouble is that about half of them have relatively low y-values (between 0 and $100) whilst the rest have high values ($600-$1000). My question is: Does anyone know of any way to manipulate the y axis so that it ues a scale of, say, $20 for the 0-$100 section, and then "jump" to $600 (with zig-zag or something on the y-axis to tell the user that the graph is non-continuous) and continue the chart there? Otherwise the scale just becomes too large or too s...

Synchronization between 2 PCs
Hi All, I have a laptop and a PC on the same network. They both belong to the same user who uses the laptop for field work and the PC is in the office. I was wondering if there was a way to sync the 2 outlooks so that they can have the same emails? One thing to point out is that they have pop emails. Both computers have the same account credentials. The laptop has a dial-up connection when operated out of the office. Is this possible? Thanks and regards GB Hi GB, for sync tools have a look on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm Have a look in the different ...

AND on 2 fields along with other criteria in query
Hello New to Access and trying to figure out a problem with an AND test I have a database with 4 fields called A B C D Field A Must =1 (no problem with this) Field D Must > 1 (Again no problem) Fields B & C can be any number including zero, as long as BOTH fields are not zero. If I search using the criteria for fields A & D only, I find 390 records. If I search with criteria that says show me if both are zero, (B=0, C=0 on the criteria line, along with the other criteria) it shows me the 4 or so suspect records that have a zero in BOTH fields. If I use the opposite, and...

Duplicate Transactions #2
I'm trying to set up my Money 2002 accounts for the first time. I've created a credit card account, and downloaded the transactions from my bank's Visa site. Problem is that there are many, many duplicated transactions. I can't see any rhyme or reason to the duplications ... a few are not duplicated at all, some a few times, and 15 duplications seems to be a popular number! The account balance, however, is correct. Can anyone suggest what the problem is, and how I can correct it? In microsoft.public.money, Mike B wrote: >I'm trying to set up my Money 2002 acco...

0x80072030 (8240), There is no such an object on the server. #2
When I run setup.exe to remove Exchange 2000 from Windows 2000 server (recently I migrated all mailboxes to Exchange 2003 residing on Windows 2003 server) I get the following error: _____________________________________________________ "Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Microsoft Exchange 2000": 0x80072030 (8240), There is no such an object on the server. _____________________________________________________ There are no objects with Exchange attributes (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555147). What would be the next step? Thank you. ...

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

CArchive #2
HI, Which function is responsible for serializing data? -- Thanks & Regards, John. Hi John! If you want to know how to make your classes serialize their data,,, then check out the following MSDN article. It explains all the steps you need to carry out the task. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/00hh13h0.aspx HTH Regards, Adeel. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ADABB68-3AFD-4524-B69C-505B2420F442@microsoft.com... > HI, > > Which function is responsible for serializing data? > > > -- > Thanks &...

OAB error
I have a problem with offline address book. Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' Has anybody encountered this problme. How can i delete the offline GAL that i download from the server.Does any one know the name of this file. please help. rgds, ponnappa ...

Copying inbox from one account to another on exchange 2003
Hi I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is there a way to do that? I tried copying to the public folder then copying from public to new account - but the dates changed to todays date for all emails! Any thoughts? Use PSTs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67F087A-39D7-4DBA-947D-F20F63574952@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is > t...