Inbox Repair Tool #4

I was changing my folder settings in XP Pro and somehow I
activated the "Inbox Repair Tool".  Now, when I double
click to open a folder the Inbox Repair Tool dialog box
activates and asks for the name of a file I want to scan.
It is looking for a .pst file to scan. I cannot use the
open command for folders any longer. I've never heard of
the Inbox Repair Tool but was told on another discussion
group it is part of Outlook.  Does anyone know how to
deactivate this feature?  Thanks in advance for any help.
0
anonymous (74722)

I was told to activate my inbox repair tool in Outlook 2000 I'm running on Win 98.    I'm looking for help in finding it

Bill.
0
wfund (2)
11/24/2003 8:06:14 PM
The Inbox Repair Tool is a file called scanpst.exe.  It is installed with
Office and it is used to find and attempt to repair errors in a .PST file.
Go ahead and let it scan your file -- back up the file first, just in case.
Hopefully once it runs, it won't keep coming back.  You should be able to
find scanpst.exe easily by doing a search of your Program Files folder (it's
usually in the Microsoft Office section somewhere).

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:04f001c3b2b7$622fb980$a101280a@phx.gbl,
Gary wrote:

> I was changing my folder settings in XP Pro and somehow I
> activated the "Inbox Repair Tool".  Now, when I double
> click to open a folder the Inbox Repair Tool dialog box
> activates and asks for the name of a file I want to scan.
> It is looking for a .pst file to scan. I cannot use the
> open command for folders any longer. I've never heard of
> the Inbox Repair Tool but was told on another discussion
> group it is part of Outlook.  Does anyone know how to
> deactivate this feature?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Tool required for importing Analytical Accounting data
A tool for importing Analytical Accounting data with core transactions should be developed. Customer has several stand alone Great Plains installations (in distant countries) and wants to import GL entries with Analytical Accounting data into a centralized Great Plains environment. An import tool would also benefit customers who import GL, AP, AR, SOP transactions from external non-integration applications. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Postcard merge 4 addresses for 4 postcards per page?
I am doing a 2 sided postcard Merged to over 300 addresses. I printed a ton of just the first side, and wanted to merge page 2 where the address info would go. the merge worked but instead of only printing the page with the merge info it printed both sides, so I ended up alternating with a good page of four diff address postcards, and then a page with four postcards with only the front on both pages. When I tried deleting the first page to prevent this from happening, the Merge started printing the same address 4 times on each page. Any way to get this to work so it will print multip...

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

CRM 4.0 preview blank ??
Hi I have a customer running CRM 4.0, every machine but one can't show the preview (example) data. No matter if it is on activities or accounts. When the icon is clicked the preview pane is dropped down but theres nothing in it, if we hover the mouse over it, it shows that there are fields ?? Firefox and google chrome is installed on the same pc, it's Vista and IE 7.0 as primary browser. ANY IDEAS ?? Jack ...

Can BP 4.0 contain "any" data from SQL?
Hello: SmartList Builder can pull most any data from the GL databases in SQL? Is it a fair statement to say that any SmartList favorite that is created in GP can be shown in a query in Business Portal 4.0? Or, is it more accurate to say "Not all data can be displayed in Business Portal 4.0 but customization to create entities can be done to bring in the data."? childofthe1980s childofthe1980s, Thanks for using the newsgroups. Your second statement below would probably be more correct. BP has entities that are created out of the box and map to certain tables. Not all ta...

Tools.Customize.Commands.Modify Selection (doesn't)
I have a macro (I wrote) that is listed with the project name (and the project name appears on my button) and despite following (what I believe are) the instructions for renaming it the "Modify Selection" button in the Tools.Customize.Commands dialog box is never enabled and I can't rename it. It's Outlook 2000 if that matters. Thanks, Tom ...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

How to move our data from Online CRM 4.0 to On Premise 4.0
Greetings everyone, We have been evaluating the on line version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for almost a month. The 12 employees who were selected for the test period spent many hours on uploading their contacts and calendar to the online website. Now we decided to use the on premise version and need to export all the data out to the online account and import to on premise. I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a document or any kind of resources that explains the process. Thank you, E. I was wondering about this too a few months ago. There are tools available for moving fro...

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

How to use Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool with multiple users
Hi... I've downloaded the Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool and have installed it on a machine for myself. There are multiple profiles on this machine, but they don't have the "backup" option in their outlook. If they try to install, it recognizes that the tool is already installed and wants to unistall it (which I assume will remove it from my profile). How do I get this tool to work for each user's outlook on a single PC? Thanks! Randy ...

CRM 4.0 SDK now available
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=82e632a7-faf9-41e0-8ec1-a2662aae9dfb&displaylang=en&tm -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM ...

Free Tool Marimekko Charts?
Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy graphing of Marimekko Charts in Excel ...? Depending on your comfort level with XL, you may or may not find it easy to adapt Stephen Bullen's example of a variable width chart to your needs (funchrt5 in http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <d0la2p$f3m$05$1@news.t-online.com>, rene.werner@t-online.de says... > Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy gr...

No Messages in Inbox
I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any ideas? Need more info - if you're using Exchange, are you opening up the Exchange mailbox directly? what services do you have loaded? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox? Have you asked your Exchange admins for help? Brian wrote: > I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange > account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any > ideas? ...

online update #4
When msmoney 2007 downloads updates, it often duplicates entries which have to be matched. BUT TODAY, instead of a few of recent entries, it went back to 2003 and show a $16,000 error. I was able to restore from backup but afraid to allow online updates again. Any clues to what went wrong? We need more information: How is the download coming in? - By you going to the bank's website and initiating a download (if so, what is the file type: OFX or QIF?) - Money doing it "directly" (if so, is it an OFX or a "third-party" download? If you don't know, what bank ...

CANNOT OPEN "OPTIONS" IN THE TOOL MENU
Hi guys, When I choose Options in the Tools menu in Excel 97 I get a message telling me the macro cannot run and displays the typical buttons End, Debug .... The Personal Macro Workbook does not show any macros when I go to Tools, Macro, Macros. I am not a programmer so I'm in the dark about this one. It works fine on the other pc. Would greatly appreciate any help on this one. pcw. If a macro is trying to run when you choose tools|options, maybe you can just reset that toolbar. Tools|customize|toolbars tab Select worksheet menu bar and click reset You will lose any customized c...

Error with PFDavAdmin Tool
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had came across this error before when using the above tool. I connect to all mailboxes, right click 'Mailbox' and then select 'Fix Folder DACLs'. I get the following error in the log. Attempting to fix ACL on folders: http://server/exchange/ Failed to process subfolders with exception: Specified cast is not valid. Finished. When I try the same operation on a single mailbox it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks. On 27 Feb 2006 07:56:51 -0800, gdf1903@hotmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >I was wondering if anyone had came across this error be...

Problem with services calendar
Hi, Since a few days, I am not able to get access to the services calendar with the CRM web interface. I get the message : "recording non available" as you can see in the attached picture http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/13/08/02/00/erreur10.png When I tried to reach the calendar directly on the server, an ASP warning is generated > ID : 1309 / Source : ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 I found a hotfix which seems (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941386/en-us) to correct this bug, but it is impossible to install. So, I do not know any more what to do, and where to search in order to corre...

old inbox messages disappearing
Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would disappear without being deleted? Usually a filtered view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5501c42a43$a8f8ce70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would > disappear without being deleted? Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings. >-----Original Message----- >Usually a filtered view. >-- >Russ Valentine >[MVP-Outlook] >"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

tool bar color
In a custom tool bar, I am unable to change tool bar pattern and font color.how to do it? You cannot change it individually, it a windows setting. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE609C71-0361-4A09-A515-25A5C7F56C98@microsoft.com... > In a custom tool bar, I am unable to change tool bar pattern and font > color.how to do it? I think I am not clear to write but actuallly,for a workbook I created a floating tool bar.Its color is grey....

outlook inbox slows down
1.my client has informed me that his inbox slows down we he moves from one e-mail to another, and his cursor develops a tail 2. my other client has a problem accessing he inbox but when we moved the inbox to another pc on the network she can gain access to her own inbox on the other machine Do you have Norton Antivirus? If so the latest up has scewed things up. Open Norton and goto Options/Misc. and uncheck the Office plug in. This seem to effect every MS Office program. Check other newsgroups about it. That's how I found out. "donovan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

How do I make my inbox mails which the receiver is a specific grou
I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, automatic to a specific folder. How to do that? Many thanks for your replying. You can use the Rules Wizard (on the Tools menu) to move items from different senders to different folders. "vincent" <vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220B0059-3C29-41C0-BC7C-C4DFBF004E98@microsoft.com... > I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I > want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, ...

Performance Monitoring for CRM 4.0 with SCOM or another tool? #2
Hi. As far as I can tell, the only performance monitoring pack for CRM 4.0 is for MOM; however we run Microsoft SCOM. I was wondering the following: 1. Could someone be nice enough to post the CRM MOM counters and thresholds so we can build our own perfmon script? 2. Could someone let me know if a monitoring pack for SCOM will someday be available? (either from MS or 3rd party) 3. Could someone let me know if there is an existing 3rd party utility I could use to monitor my CRM environment (I haven't seen one but maybe there is one). Thank you! ...

CSplitterWnd #4
Can i place splitter derived from CSplitterWnd to dialog derived from CDialog? I try this " i place functions on CMyDialog::OnCreate(...) m_splitter.CreateStacic(...) m_splitter.CreateView(...) m_splitter.CreateView(...) " but does't work. Thx in advance... Are you getting any kind of error? Could you replace ellipsis with full list of parameters you are using? Try the same in OnInitDialog instead OnCreate. "Pavol. R." wrote: > Can i place splitter derived from CSplitterWnd to dialog derived from > CDialog? > I try this > " > i place fun...

RE: printerror: "unable to load client print control" 4.0 report
im getting this error operating with SQL Estandar Edition 2008 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 Sp2 anyone now how to solve this? Hi Erika, Please check following article for the same.. http://edwardsdnadynamicscrm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!D5F22FDCDD6519D5!466.entry -- Regards, Mayank Pujara "Erika Ontiveros" wrote: > im getting this error operating with SQL Estandar Edition 2008 SP1 and > Windows Server 2008 Sp2 > > anyone now how to solve this? ...