Inbox Repair Tool #10

I have just completed a clean install, formerly using ME
and now 2000. After reinstalling Outlook 2000 I have tried
to import my outlook.pst file over. When I do this I get
an error message asking me to use the Inbox Repair Tool.

1. Where and how do I use this tool?

When I open up Outlook now, some of the information from
my outlook.pst file got transfered over like contacts and
tasks but my inbox still remains empty. I have also tried
copying and pasting the outlook.pst file into the new
location but I see no change.

Pls comment.
0
anonymous (74721)

Scanpst.exe is the Inbox Repair Tool.

Did you try File->Open on the old .pst file?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ahilesh asked:

| I have just completed a clean install, formerly using ME
| and now 2000. After reinstalling Outlook 2000 I have tried
| to import my outlook.pst file over. When I do this I get
| an error message asking me to use the Inbox Repair Tool.
|
| 1. Where and how do I use this tool?
|
| When I open up Outlook now, some of the information from
| my outlook.pst file got transfered over like contacts and
| tasks but my inbox still remains empty. I have also tried
| copying and pasting the outlook.pst file into the new
| location but I see no change.
|
| Pls comment.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Tool required for importing Analytical Accounting data
A tool for importing Analytical Accounting data with core transactions should be developed. Customer has several stand alone Great Plains installations (in distant countries) and wants to import GL entries with Analytical Accounting data into a centralized Great Plains environment. An import tool would also benefit customers who import GL, AP, AR, SOP transactions from external non-integration applications. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

Message Rules 02-26-10
OE allowed for message rules. Does WLM have anything compared to this? Yep. They work exactly the same way. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "tooh" <tooh@cox.net> wrote in message news:01B3F764-5514-458C-B0C9-F524A7304A4C@microsoft.com... > OE allowed for message rules. Does WLM have anything compared to this? Tools - Message Rules . . . . If you don't see the Menu bar with Tools on it, click on the Menu icon next to the "?" icon at the top right of the main WLM screen and select "Show M...

Tools.Customize.Commands.Modify Selection (doesn't)
I have a macro (I wrote) that is listed with the project name (and the project name appears on my button) and despite following (what I believe are) the instructions for renaming it the "Modify Selection" button in the Tools.Customize.Commands dialog box is never enabled and I can't rename it. It's Outlook 2000 if that matters. Thanks, Tom ...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

Incoming emails 05-19-10

Office X and Leopard (10.5)
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel We want to upgrade our Macs to 10.5, but are stuck with Office X (our employer doesn't want us to be out of line with the Windows users in the organisation, who are also using a fairly old version of Office). We've had no problems using Office X on our 10.4 Intel Macs, despite a few initial warnings that it wouldn't work. Can anybody confirm that Office X will still work OK on 10.5? "OK", yes :-) At the moment it's a bit iffy - for the most part you should find that there is nothing of signific...

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

How to use Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool with multiple users
Hi... I've downloaded the Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool and have installed it on a machine for myself. There are multiple profiles on this machine, but they don't have the "backup" option in their outlook. If they try to install, it recognizes that the tool is already installed and wants to unistall it (which I assume will remove it from my profile). How do I get this tool to work for each user's outlook on a single PC? Thanks! Randy ...

Free Tool Marimekko Charts?
Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy graphing of Marimekko Charts in Excel ...? Depending on your comfort level with XL, you may or may not find it easy to adapt Stephen Bullen's example of a variable width chart to your needs (funchrt5 in http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <d0la2p$f3m$05$1@news.t-online.com>, rene.werner@t-online.de says... > Is anybody aware of a free tool that supports easy gr...

No Messages in Inbox
I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any ideas? Need more info - if you're using Exchange, are you opening up the Exchange mailbox directly? what services do you have loaded? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox? Have you asked your Exchange admins for help? Brian wrote: > I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange > account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any > ideas? ...

ID Number 07-10-07
I am doing a database with two tables. The first table has client info. In this table, each client is assigned a unique number using the "AutoNumber" feature. The second table has services the client requested. In this second table I want Access to automatically enter the client ID number that was issued in the first table. How do I do this? Thanks! "willm16" <willm16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0B5D678-7848-4E07-B657-01D0CF17947B@microsoft.com... >I am doing a database with two tables. The first table has client info. In > this table...

CANNOT OPEN "OPTIONS" IN THE TOOL MENU
Hi guys, When I choose Options in the Tools menu in Excel 97 I get a message telling me the macro cannot run and displays the typical buttons End, Debug .... The Personal Macro Workbook does not show any macros when I go to Tools, Macro, Macros. I am not a programmer so I'm in the dark about this one. It works fine on the other pc. Would greatly appreciate any help on this one. pcw. If a macro is trying to run when you choose tools|options, maybe you can just reset that toolbar. Tools|customize|toolbars tab Select worksheet menu bar and click reset You will lose any customized c...

Error with PFDavAdmin Tool
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had came across this error before when using the above tool. I connect to all mailboxes, right click 'Mailbox' and then select 'Fix Folder DACLs'. I get the following error in the log. Attempting to fix ACL on folders: http://server/exchange/ Failed to process subfolders with exception: Specified cast is not valid. Finished. When I try the same operation on a single mailbox it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks. On 27 Feb 2006 07:56:51 -0800, gdf1903@hotmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >I was wondering if anyone had came across this error be...

Emailing PDF Documents in Ver 10
We upgraded to version 10 over the weekend. Now the only users that can email PDF files are those with Outlook 2007. The ones with Outlook 2003 can not emial. Any ideas how to resolve this? On Nov 8, 12:49 am, MikeWal <Mike...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We upgraded to version 10 over the weekend. Now the only users that can > email PDF files are those with Outlook 2007. The ones with Outlook 2003 can > not emial. > > Any ideas how to resolve this? Mike, This is an identified issue which is supposed to be solved with SP1 of GP 10. One of the long workarou...

old inbox messages disappearing
Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would disappear without being deleted? Usually a filtered view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5501c42a43$a8f8ce70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would > disappear without being deleted? Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings. >-----Original Message----- >Usually a filtered view. >-- >Russ Valentine >[MVP-Outlook] >"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

tool bar color
In a custom tool bar, I am unable to change tool bar pattern and font color.how to do it? You cannot change it individually, it a windows setting. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE609C71-0361-4A09-A515-25A5C7F56C98@microsoft.com... > In a custom tool bar, I am unable to change tool bar pattern and font > color.how to do it? I think I am not clear to write but actuallly,for a workbook I created a floating tool bar.Its color is grey....

outlook inbox slows down
1.my client has informed me that his inbox slows down we he moves from one e-mail to another, and his cursor develops a tail 2. my other client has a problem accessing he inbox but when we moved the inbox to another pc on the network she can gain access to her own inbox on the other machine Do you have Norton Antivirus? If so the latest up has scewed things up. Open Norton and goto Options/Misc. and uncheck the Office plug in. This seem to effect every MS Office program. Check other newsgroups about it. That's how I found out. "donovan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

How do I make my inbox mails which the receiver is a specific grou
I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, automatic to a specific folder. How to do that? Many thanks for your replying. You can use the Rules Wizard (on the Tools menu) to move items from different senders to different folders. "vincent" <vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220B0059-3C29-41C0-BC7C-C4DFBF004E98@microsoft.com... > I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I > want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, ...

Performance Monitoring for CRM 4.0 with SCOM or another tool? #2
Hi. As far as I can tell, the only performance monitoring pack for CRM 4.0 is for MOM; however we run Microsoft SCOM. I was wondering the following: 1. Could someone be nice enough to post the CRM MOM counters and thresholds so we can build our own perfmon script? 2. Could someone let me know if a monitoring pack for SCOM will someday be available? (either from MS or 3rd party) 3. Could someone let me know if there is an existing 3rd party utility I could use to monitor my CRM environment (I haven't seen one but maybe there is one). Thank you! ...

Microsoft Outlook 01-06-10
Upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. Had to re-install Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003. When I open I get "Microsoft Office End-User License Agreement Print/Accept/Decline. Of course I click Accept but why is it asking this everytime? Confused. -- truthbeknown56 Try execute winword.exe as an Administrator (right click on exe file), Accept the End User License. doing it once will solve the problem. "fishead" wrote: > Upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. Had to re-install Microsoft Office > Basic Edition 2003. When I open I get "Microsoft O...

server error 03-03-10
I keep getting this error and i don't know how to fix it. Impossibile connettersi al server. Account: 'pop.tin.it', Server: 'pop.tin.it', Protocollo: POP3, Porta: 110, Protezione (SSL): No, Errore socket: 10013, Numero di errore: 0x800CCC0E "Alessandro Gatta" <alessandro.gatta11@tin.it> wrote in message news:utOZ1ftuKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I keep getting this error and i don't know how to fix it. > > Impossibile connettersi al server. Account: 'pop.tin.it', Server: > 'pop.tin.it', Protocollo: POP...

Starting in Inbox
How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. Outlook Express>Tools>Options> General tab - select open with.inbox. "Scott" <scott@eicom.net> wrote in message news:FkPqg.11108$j7.315106@news.indigo.ie... > How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. > You should be able to set that here: Tools menu > Options > Other > Advanced "Scott" <scott@eicom.net> wrote in message news:FkPqg.11108$j7.315106@news.indigo.ie... > How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. Try this:...

Which server based signature tool?
I need to create 100's of signatures (with company logo) for our users and not them edit this, where do I start? Are there any tools that do this that come recommended? i assume they must use Active Directory to get the data (hopefully). Thanks Gonzo wrote: > I need to create 100's of signatures (with company logo) for our users and > not them edit this, where do I start? Are there any tools that do this that > come recommended? i assume they must use Active Directory to get the data > (hopefully). > > Thanks Try using GFI Mail Essentials.... it has th...