inbox problems #2

My inbox says I have 3 new messages.  I don't.. Its lying.  So how do I
correct this.. Its not a major problem but distracting.  Computers are
supposed to be always right....

As a sidelight to this.  I deleted the Unread messages, thingy in the
favorite folder place.  I thought I would bring that back and see if there
were some messages that were bad.  I read the help file and it says to just
click on any file you want to add to the favorite folder.  But its gone..
totally and completely there is no Unread Message line to click on.. What's
a person to do?

0
gonzow (18)

See my reply to your later post in this group.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:%23ar2xIA$DHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Gonzo White wrote:

> My inbox says I have 3 new messages.  I don't.. Its lying.  So how do
> I correct this.. Its not a major problem but distracting.  Computers
> are supposed to be always right....
>
> As a sidelight to this.  I deleted the Unread messages, thingy in the
> favorite folder place.  I thought I would bring that back and see if
> there were some messages that were bad.  I read the help file and it
> says to just click on any file you want to add to the favorite
> folder.  But its gone.. totally and completely there is no Unread
> Message line to click on.. What's a person to do?

Xmlschema and dataset problems
When I try and load an xmldocument with its schema into an dataset. It always returns 0 tables. ds.ReadXml(Server.MapPath("\" & "data\ohsReport.xml", XmlReadMode.ReadSchema) Does anyone know what is causing this problem? ----------- OhsReport.xml -------------- <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <ohsReportList xmlns="http://tempuri.org/OhsReport.xsd"> <ohsReport> <ID>0</ID> <Staff>0</Staff> <ReportDate>1/01/2005</ReportDate> <Type /> <Subject /> ...

problem deleting email
OK, here it is as simple as I can make it. I have a problem that requires the Inbox Repair Tool. Now, how do I get this tool and will it fix the problem that I have. I cannot delete any emails. tried following the way that the puter said to get to the repair tool, but that isn't the way. stuck here. help me please! ...

Exchange 2003 "All Address Lists" Problem.
Hi Profs. I have been seting up Exchange hosting and everything is going well exept for one thing. While reading and fallowing few articles i made a 1 mistake, that is to fallow one of them regarding restricting visuality so others can only see what they are suppose to see regarding address books. In this article he said that he felt it was his way to simple things and just delete: [All Address Lists] All Contacts <- remove All Groups <- remove All Users <- remove All Public Folders <- remove And so i did .. for testing. Now i finished with the setu...

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

Vendor Payment Problem
Hi all, I have strange problem: For example I have Vendor Doc #5649 Amount 882.20 Discount Due Aug 01 Discount Amt 8.82 I paid using "Pay Vendors" on August 04 and after I checked I found Discount Taken 8.82 Paid Amount 873.18 I owe 20 cents 2 problems: 1st: Discount shouldn't be applied due to I missed due date 2nd: Discount and Payment are incorrect, 20 cents differene. Thank you for your help Vitali: Not sure about the .20 unless there is a currency exchange problem.... but the terms discount can be taken even after the discount date has passed. There is an opt...

Splitting cell contents into 2 cells
If a cell contains a set of numbers separated by a hyphen (eg, 1234-5678, can the contents be splitted up into 2 cells without the hyphen (ie, 1234 in 1 cell and 5678 in another cell)? You can either do the simple: Data - Text to columns, delimited by hypen Or, you could try and do: =VALUE(LEFT(A2,FIND("-",A2)-1)) in one cells and =VALUE(MID(A2,FIND("-",A2)+1,999)) in the other. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Florence Tay" <Florence Tay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAAD53DB-68CD-4B7D-A46D-805E5EEA59D4@microsoft.com... ...

MS Outlook newsreader problems
HELP I run outlook for e-mail and outlook newsreader for newsgroups. I have a problem in that whenever I open outlook newsreader, I can only see the last 5 or 6 headers. Bottom left of my screen says things like "4 unread 24 not downloaded". I used to see weeks if not months of headers before I moved over to a new pc. Anyone know where my problem is. (For example within a couple of days I'll not be able to view this post anymore). I haven't been able to determine wether it's a date thing or not but this could be a possibility. Here's hoping Thanks Dave. On We...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

Problem with Excel opening multiple documents
Operating System : Win XP sp1 Excel 2002 sp2 Senario: Double click on xls document from explorer and the document opens fine in excel. Double click on another xls document from explorer and nothing happens. Try again and still nothing happens. Switch to excel to try File Open from the menu; However, Open is grayed out. Press esc key and the second xls sheet opens up. Anyone experience this problem or know of a solution to fix it ? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work t...

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

Loan problem
Hi, I have a loan setup that last for another +1000 payments, it was working fine showing the breakdowns of interest versus principal and consolidating downloaded transactions that matched until December, 11th. As of then it has died, the transactions are still downloaded but are not referenced in the loan account. Anyone have any suggestions what to look for and how to put these payments to the loan so things are back on track? In microsoft.public.money, Ted wrote: >Hi, I have a loan setup that last for another +1000 >payments, it was working fine showing the breakdowns of &...

Routing group?? problem
Hi All, Sorry I can not give you the real name, but it's a true situation. We have two exchange servers like bellow. ExchangeA---PIX A-----Internet--------PIX B----ExchangeB Let's say we have two users, UserA--it's mail box is hosted by ExchangeA, UserB--it's mailbox is hosted by ExchangeB. I created two routing groups, GroupA and GroupB, ExchangeA is in GroupA, and ExhcangeB is in GroupB. I created a routing group connector called AB. The only configuration for connector AB is remote bridgehead. All others are default. And let Exchange System Manager create another conn...

shading #2
Hi, Is there an easy way to shade the area between two series of data on a graph? Using an area graph, I can get it so that it shades from a line downward, but I can't figure out how to shade between lines. (The lines for the two series cross more than once.) Thanks. Dave Hi Dave, This may help. It's an answer to a previous similar question. (http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm) Dave B wrote: > Hi, > > Is there an easy way to shade the area between two series of data on a > graph? Using an area graph, I can get it so that it shades from a line > downward,...

Problem importing PST File
Am trying to import a PST file to a laptop. I created the original on my desktop PC and saved to a CD. The desktop unit runs in XP Home with Outlook XP. The laptop unit runs in XPPro with Outlook XP. Even after copying the file from the CD to the Desktop AND removing the Read- Only attribute, I still get the same error message - Access denied . . . you do not have the permission . . . Any suggestions?? Have you tried to rename the file to the same name and then OPEN it using File->Open? BTW - it is always best to Open a .pst file rather than import it as importing loses several ...

No Messages in Inbox
I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any ideas? Need more info - if you're using Exchange, are you opening up the Exchange mailbox directly? what services do you have loaded? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox? Have you asked your Exchange admins for help? Brian wrote: > I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange > account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any > ideas? ...

Binder #2
I just upgraded to office XP. Where did the binder go? how can I get it back or reinstall it? Does the office 2002 have it? Angie Angie, Take a look here... http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,5224,00.asp "Office Binder: Gone but Not Really" PC Magazine article, January 29, 2002 by M. David Stone on using Binder in Office XP Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Ang" <Ang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B5C0368-2EC2-41D1-9500-85D527314921@microsoft.com... > I just upgraded to office XP. Where did the binder go? how can I get it > back or r...

old inbox messages disappearing
Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would disappear without being deleted? Usually a filtered view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5501c42a43$a8f8ce70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would > disappear without being deleted? Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings. >-----Original Message----- >Usually a filtered view. >-- >Russ Valentine >[MVP-Outlook] >"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Outlook on 2 PC's
I'm having a few problems with using Outlook on 2 PC's. I want to be able to receive all my emails on both PC's. At the moment if I open Outlook on one PC it receives emails, but then if open Outlook on the other PC those emails are not in the inbox... it will only receive emails that are currently being sent through. I think there is a setting that allows the user to store emails on the server. Could someone please let me know of the setting that I need to change as I can't find it. Thanks. EMail Accounts>Change>More Settings>Advanced ....leave a copy on the serv...

Problem with services calendar
Hi, Since a few days, I am not able to get access to the services calendar with the CRM web interface. I get the message : "recording non available" as you can see in the attached picture http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/13/08/02/00/erreur10.png When I tried to reach the calendar directly on the server, an ASP warning is generated > ID : 1309 / Source : ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 I found a hotfix which seems (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941386/en-us) to correct this bug, but it is impossible to install. So, I do not know any more what to do, and where to search in order to corre...

Date Format Problem
I use money to manage all my UK accounts. I now have a US account. I have just downloaded the latest transactions from that US account and Money tell me it can't import them because the date format is wrong. Money helpfully tells me how to change the date format for my PC and then says i have to restart it for them to take effect but this is a global system change and not that helpfull when everything else is in UK format. Is there away I can get this account data into Money. Is there a translater for the QIF file perhaps? All Help appreciated Paul Martin Not nice but one solu...

A strange problem with Service ...
Hi: I have a very strange problem and could not make any sense out of it: I wrote a Windows service program (Win-XP). The program impersonates the loggedon user (a user with only "Guest" privilege) and access user's registry settings from HKEY_CURRENT_USER. I found out that the program works (which means successfully read values from the HKCU) ONLY if I pop up a message box (by calling MessageBox(...), does not matter what is shown by the message box) in the service program before the impersonating codes. If I do not show the message box in the service, I get error "...

Performance Monitoring for CRM 4.0 with SCOM or another tool? #2
Hi. As far as I can tell, the only performance monitoring pack for CRM 4.0 is for MOM; however we run Microsoft SCOM. I was wondering the following: 1. Could someone be nice enough to post the CRM MOM counters and thresholds so we can build our own perfmon script? 2. Could someone let me know if a monitoring pack for SCOM will someday be available? (either from MS or 3rd party) 3. Could someone let me know if there is an existing 3rd party utility I could use to monitor my CRM environment (I haven't seen one but maybe there is one). Thank you! ...

outlook inbox slows down
1.my client has informed me that his inbox slows down we he moves from one e-mail to another, and his cursor develops a tail 2. my other client has a problem accessing he inbox but when we moved the inbox to another pc on the network she can gain access to her own inbox on the other machine Do you have Norton Antivirus? If so the latest up has scewed things up. Open Norton and goto Options/Misc. and uncheck the Office plug in. This seem to effect every MS Office program. Check other newsgroups about it. That's how I found out. "donovan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Task Pane #2
When I open Publisher 2007, the Task Pane automatically opens on the left side of the new document. Is there a way to permanently stop this from opening up every time rather than having to close it each time? I wish... You can tear it off and make it small. Drag it to a less intrusive area. Publisher will remember this maneuver the next time you open the program. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ItsAlwaysSomething" <ItsAlwaysSomething@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC3E06B4-1144-462D-B236-84C846C4293C@microsoft.com... > When I open Publisher ...

Problem with CFTPConnection