Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007

When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear
although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases.

I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see
the new emails.

--
Peter Saxton from London
peter@petersaxton.co.uk

What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin
disabled, especially AVG's?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"peter@petersaxton.co.uk" <peter@petersaxton.co.uk> wrote in message

> When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear
> although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases.
>
> I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see
> the new emails.
>
> --
> Peter Saxton from London
> peter@petersaxton.co.uk

0
pds-ms (175)
6/6/2006 10:27:17 PM
On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:27:17 +0000, "Patrick Schmid"
<pds-ms@nospam.pschmid.net> wrote:

>What kind of email account?

pop3

> Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin
>disabled, especially AVG's?

I have Norton Anti Virus but it's not a plugin.

--
Peter Saxton from London
peter@petersaxton.co.uk

Did you resolve this problem? I have the exact same problem, although I
am not on an Exchange server, but simply downloading from a POP
account.

Thanks!
Tom Lawrence

Peter Saxton wrote:
> When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear
> although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases.
>
> I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see
> the new emails.
>
> --
> Peter Saxton from London
> peter@petersaxton.co.uk

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

Show week number in current month
Hi, In cell A1 I have a "=today()" to show todays date in dd/mm/yy format, in cell B1, I would like to have have a number to represent the week number in the current month. So the 2/12/05 would show in B1 as "1" while 30/12/05 would show as "5". Using "=weeknum(A1)" gives me the week number against the whole year (ie - 53) for todays date. How can get B1 to show only 1 to 5 for the weeks in the current month only? -- DKerr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

Download email from outlook web access
Hello, Is it in anyway possible to download email from outlook web access onto the local hard drive using outlook application or any other tool? I am not always connected to internet and need to be able to access the email in offline mode. I am currently able to access the emails only using the URL: https://exchange.xyz.com/exchange where xyz is the name of my org. i saw a few replied but they were too old - wondering if something new has come up to enable this? Thanks, G Hi, That is not possible. RPC over http is the answer (if you are running Exchange 2003), else a VPN connection. Le...

Done DOCs not showing in Completed folder
On the routing slip in Sharepoint V2- I'm marking completed documents as 'done' on the routing slips but those documents aren't showing in my completed folder. Any help regarding this dillema will be greatly appreciated. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A Brief Review of Generic Collection Classes http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/91ebf47b-fd8d-4bc9-a715-40421048a450/a-brief-review-of-generic.aspx ...

Syncing Outlook with Microsoft Exchange
I have recently purchased the Office Small Business 2007. Prior to this I was using the Outlook Web Access for all my email, contacts and calendar requirements. Now that I have Outlook 2007, I have been successful in migrating all the information from the Web Access to the 'desktop' Outlook. Part of the reason I wanted to go to Outlook 2007 is that the Web Access mailbox size is limited. My problem is that when I sync the two, they become a mirror of each other, I would like to clear up the space on the Web Access and use it only in emergencies or for checking email whe...

Outlook Today in Outlook 2003
Is Outlook Today in Outlook 2003? I can't find a way to access it. Click on the very top level of your mailbox tree. Should say something like... "Mailbox - Your Name Here" >-----Original Message----- >Is Outlook Today in Outlook 2003? I can't find a way to >access it. >. > there is a toolbar button on the advanced toolbar or click on the top of your message store. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone h...

Can't start outlook 2007
Hi, I have office 2007 installed. I had around 7 profiles configured in outlook. No matter what profile I select, it takes way too long for outlook to start. I have removed the Messenger folder from the program files folder, disabled all the third party add-ins. Even after this the same behavior. Then I un-installed office and installed it again. Actually before installing it again I forgot to remove the folders in Application Data and Local Settings folders, registry settings and the profiles. But then I deleted it and tried creating new profile. I hung during creating new profile. E...

How do I make background color show up in my document instead of .
I'm trying to create an Excel document and on this specific computer, what I see and what I print are not the same. Print Preview shows me exactly how I want it, when I actually work on the document it doesn't. I downloaded some templates for Budgeting and I like how the tabs are colored in Blue and the text in white, but when I'm working on the document, the boxes show up as blank, but when I print preview they're all there. SL If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in...

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

transfer money 2003 program to a new computer
i want to transfer money 2003 to a new computer. can i just use the old cd and put it in the new computer and install it or does microsoft require anything to be done like uninstall etc i would like it on both computers can i do this or do i have to take it off the old one? You can just install from the CD on the new computer. This will **not transfer your data**. Unless one machine is a notebook and the other a desktop and you use them per the license agreement, you are not licensed to have Money installed on both machines at once. Whether or not you let this stop you, I leave to your cons...

Outlook 2000
An employee can access his Outlook 2000 Enterprise email and Contacts from the PC in his office and the PC in his at home using VPN to connect to the office network. However, he cannot access his Contacts from his networked notebook he can access Outlook email from the notebook. . He could, in the past, access Contacts from his networked notebook Any suggestions how tom fix this problem? Mike What mode is Outlook on the notebook using? Check Help->About - second line should say. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due t...

Email Blasts from MS-CRM
We are implementing MS-CRM and wondering how to best send email blasts to existing customers. (Our confusion may stem from a lack of understanding of how CRM works with Outlook and where the products overlap or complement one another.) Any suggestion? TIA! One way to do this is to go to to crm. select sales then contacts on the left. Click the action menu and you will see an option to send direct email. You can choose which contacts you send to. I would create a test contact with your own external email and test out the functionality to become familiar with it. "Dave Brown" <...

New Sharepoint site cannot be found
I have a new install of SBS 2008 premium and I created a new web application in sharepoint. It created fine but when I try to goto the webpage it says, "The webpage cannot be found." How can I fix that. Please advise and thanks. ...

Delete From New Mail Alerts?
Is it possible to delete messages from both the New Mail Alert window and also the Open window (when clicking Open in the New Mail Alert the highlighted single message that will appear) I receive alot of email and it would be far easier if I could delete from this feature rather than having to go back into the Message pane find the messages and delete from there. Thank you I think there's a delete icon in the alert window that you can try using "dogsnack" <dogsnack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A811413E-5845-45D0-808B-EF00EF7808DE@microsoft.com... ...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

Redirection email to a specific mailbox from an extrenal address at Exchange server
Hello, I have and exchange 2007 single box setup. I am trying to figure out how to route all mail that arrives from a specific external address to a specific internal address as it touches the exchange server. Need to have all messages sent to a mailbox for review and then routing to the appropriate department. Is there a way to do it from the exchange server. Thank you for any help. Daryl I think what your looking for is a Transport Rule on the Org level under HUB Transport. There you can set conditions for inbound messages. "baron1211" wrote: > He...

How to show Partial Payment
I need to send a second invoice to a customer who only paid a partial amount on the first invoice. How can I reprint to show prior payment? ...

Reporting on Resources showing assigned tasks
I have a project where each main task is a project and there are similar subtasks under each main task. The main tasks are not linked/dependent (portfolio of projects so to speak). Resources are assigned to multiple projects to do the same sort of subtask. How it is set up: Main Task 1 -sub task A: Joe -sub task B: Mary Main Task 2 -sub task A: Cindy -sub task B: Mary Desired report view: Mary: -subtask B - Main Task 2....0% complete -subtask B - Main Task 1 .....100% complete Not tracking material or costs in this PPM file. I need reporting on "who is respo...

Multiple emails sent problem
I have Outlook 2002 (latest updates), Mcafee, and Earthlink satellite Directway service. When I send attachments, the receiver receives 6-8 copies of the message. Also, it takes forever to send a small file (~300k) over my broadband connection. Eventually McAfee complains that the same email being sent too much is most likely a virus and I should stop sending the email. It's not a virus, just some glitch somewhere. Recently I changed from Norton to McAfee to see if that was the problem - nope, also I got a new computer - still happening. Any help would be great. Thanks. W...

save contact emails
Outlook 2003 SP2 Under each individual contact there is an activities tab that keeps track of all activities to and from that contact. Trouble is, when i want to delete that e-mail rec'd, out of my inbox, as i've read it....it will delete it under the activities tab for that contact as well. How do i take it out of my inbox, but keep a record in each contacts activities tab? Move the mail from the inbox to some other folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook...

Sent emails not showing in sent folder

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

email purchase order check box on vendor card
Does anyone know what the email purchase order does on the vendor card? One of my coworkers discovered the check box and asked me what it did and I was at a loss. I didn't find anything on customer source that told me what module it tied into or what it did. I am assuming it will email the purchase order automatically if it is checked but want to make sure I know what it does before I experiment with it. Robert Fann Omni Packaging Could you describe exactly where you found this checkbox (under what field where)? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global B...

Outlook 2003: Removing from POP server...
The Mac version of Outlook, Entourage, has a very cool way to manually remove emails from one's POP3 mailserver (might work with Exchange, too, but I don't know...). Anyway, there's an icon in your email list that shows whether the mail is still on the server (a little blue star thingy)... You click on the star, and you have the choice to remove the message from the server. (THis is especially cool for if you're checking mail on two different computers, or on a handheld, and you don't want to get a particular message or messages the next time you log on with the different ...

using outlook 2007 which says addin ESET OUTLOOK plugin is needed
I have looked for this plugin on Micosoft's web page but it does not seem to know anything about it. I get this pop up every time I use outlook, would like to stop that if I can. It does not stop outlook working however, just annoying. Can anyone help? Help here http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN767 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jonnie2" <jonnie2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC08A408-E963-498D-96FA-079FE0475701@microsoft.com... > I have looked for this plugin on Micosoft's web page but it does...