Inbox Columns company

Hi !

I tried to add the column company from contacts to my inbox but the
field stays blank.
What Iam doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Thomas Radas

0
freezion (2)

Any folder view shows only the data in that folder, even though Outlook =
lets you think otherwise by allowing you to add fields from different =
types of items in the folder. The Company field that you see under All =
Contacts Field does not apply to messages.=20
--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"thomas" <freezion@gmx.net> wrote in message =
> Hi !
>=20
> I tried to add the column company from contacts to my inbox but the
> field stays blank.
> What Iam doing wrong ?
>=20
> Thanks for your help
>=20
> Thomas Radas

0
suemvp (4038)
5/23/2005 1:50:47 PM
Hm !

So it seems to me as database developer that there is not really a
rational model behind ?

Thanks Thomas

0
freezion (2)
5/24/2005 6:46:00 AM
There is indeed a rational model behind it, but it is one that stymies =
many database developers: Outlook is a semi-structured database, not a =
relational database.=20

> Hm !
>=20
> So it seems to me as database developer that there is not really a
> rational model behind ?
>=20
> Thanks Thomas

0
suemvp (4038)
5/24/2005 1:01:54 PM
I can't decide if I'd rather be semi-structured or relational.
Semi-structured is still one step above delusional, isn't it? Relational
sounds nicer. I think I'd rather be that.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
There is indeed a rational model behind it, but it is one that stymies many
database developers: Outlook is a semi-structured database, not a relational
database.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"thomas" <freezion@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Hm !
>
> So it seems to me as database developer that there is not really a
> rational model behind ?
>
> Thanks Thomas

0
russval1 (2100)
5/24/2005 10:26:34 PM
But being relational limits you to homogeneous data. You can't mix and =
match items in a single folder or drink red wine with fish.=20

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message =
>I can't decide if I'd rather be semi-structured or relational.=20
> Semi-structured is still one step above delusional, isn't it? =
Relational=20
> sounds nicer. I think I'd rather be that.
> --=20
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message=20
> There is indeed a rational model behind it, but it is one that stymies =
many=20
> database developers: Outlook is a semi-structured database, not a =
relational=20
> database.
>=20
> "thomas" <freezion@gmx.net> wrote in message=20
>> Hm !
>>
>> So it seems to me as database developer that there is not really a
>> rational model behind ?
>>
>> Thanks Thomas
>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
5/24/2005 10:31:52 PM
Oh, ick. Homogenous is definitely not for me. That's like pretending that
science and religion answer the same questions. More to the pint, I know of
a number of fish that beg for a wed rine. Even semi-structured is a stretch
for me. I think I'll just stick with delusional.
--
But being relational limits you to homogeneous data. You can't mix and match
items in a single folder or drink red wine with fish.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

>I can't decide if I'd rather be semi-structured or relational.
> Semi-structured is still one step above delusional, isn't it? Relational
> sounds nicer. I think I'd rather be that.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> There is indeed a rational model behind it, but it is one that stymies
> many
> database developers: Outlook is a semi-structured database, not a
> relational
> database.
>
> "thomas" <freezion@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> Hm !
>>
>> So it seems to me as database developer that there is not really a
>> rational model behind ?
>>
>> Thanks Thomas

0
russval1 (2100)

Comparing two Columns #3
I have to columns full of data one column is "inventory" and the secon column is "charged items" inventory is what should be on the shel according to the computer, and charged items are the books that ar checked out. So the inventory - charged items would more less give m what "should" be on the shelf according to the computer. So I want column C to list me everything that is in Column A that i not in Column B. Column A is Inventory Column B is charged items (goes up to 6000). After I typed it out it seems very simply I just haven't figured ou how to...

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

Hiding Rows or Columns
I was wondering if it's possible to have a certain column, say A, that you may want to have hidden depending on the value of a cell, say B2. So for example, if B2=0, then column A hides itself, but if B2=1, then column A is displayed. Same question for row 1. Thanks, Scott Scott Only through Yikes! VBA In a worksheet module which will run when you change value in B2. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Range("B2").Value = 0 Then Columns(1).Hidden = True Else Columns(1).Hidden = False End If End Sub In a general module when you run the macro fr...

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

manual cheque the description defaults to the name of the company
1. Cards>Purchasing>Vendor>Set Vendor to Temporary. 2. Transaction>Purchasing>Transaction Entry>Print Cheque and Post Invoice 3. Inquiry>Purchasing>Transaction by vendor>Highlight>Document Number Drill Back. The description is same as the company name not the original description put in. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the su...

Moving Columns
I don't use Excel very often but I need to do something real quick. I have an old copy of Excel on my computer, maybe Excel 97. I need to be able to rearrange the order of the columns. I can't seem to just select the column and drag it to a new location. My goal is to export a table in CSV format in a particular order. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Drew try selecting the column such as clicking on B. Then move cursor to just between the bottom of the column letter and the top of the first cell. drag. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Drew"...

No Messages in Inbox
I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any ideas? Need more info - if you're using Exchange, are you opening up the Exchange mailbox directly? what services do you have loaded? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox? Have you asked your Exchange admins for help? Brian wrote: > I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange > account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any > ideas? ...

comparing columns
Hi guys! I am hoping someone has an answer for this, as I am stuck. I have a spreadsheet with two columns. Each column contains a bunch of codes. I need to be able to identify any code that appears in one column, but not the other (doesn't matter which one). So, if the code appears in column A but not B, I need to know about it. If the code appears in column B but not A, I need to know about it. I know this can be done with a formula, but I am not sure what it is! PLease help! Thanks. -- dfeld71 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dfeld71'...

smartlist builder
Is there a way of changing the column heading and then saving it? From what I can see when I change the heading its ok for the session but the change is lost when the window is closed You need to save your changes in a favorite. "John B" wrote: > Is there a way of changing the column heading and then saving it? From what I > can see when I change the heading its ok for the session but the change is > lost when the window is closed ...

old inbox messages disappearing
Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would disappear without being deleted? Usually a filtered view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5501c42a43$a8f8ce70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would > disappear without being deleted? Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings. >-----Original Message----- >Usually a filtered view. >-- >Russ Valentine >[MVP-Outlook] >"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

outlook inbox slows down
1.my client has informed me that his inbox slows down we he moves from one e-mail to another, and his cursor develops a tail 2. my other client has a problem accessing he inbox but when we moved the inbox to another pc on the network she can gain access to her own inbox on the other machine Do you have Norton Antivirus? If so the latest up has scewed things up. Open Norton and goto Options/Misc. and uncheck the Office plug in. This seem to effect every MS Office program. Check other newsgroups about it. That's how I found out. "donovan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

How do I make my inbox mails which the receiver is a specific grou
I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, automatic to a specific folder. How to do that? Many thanks for your replying. You can use the Rules Wizard (on the Tools menu) to move items from different senders to different folders. "vincent" <vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220B0059-3C29-41C0-BC7C-C4DFBF004E98@microsoft.com... > I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I > want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, ...

Starting in Inbox
How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. Outlook Express>Tools>Options> General tab - select open with.inbox. "Scott" <scott@eicom.net> wrote in message news:FkPqg.11108$j7.315106@news.indigo.ie... > How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. > You should be able to set that here: Tools menu > Options > Other > Advanced "Scott" <scott@eicom.net> wrote in message news:FkPqg.11108$j7.315106@news.indigo.ie... > How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. Try this:...

More than one column in a PivotTable
Hi, I have a set of time-series waterlevel data, from which I wish to extract the daily maxima and minima. I've had no problem doing this using a PivotTable for each query (using two helper columns that extract the months and day from the date column). However I would like to do this using just one table, and to display the results in two adjacent columns (headed Maxima and Minima). I've tried adding the two fields to the DATA section of the diagram, but this just produces the PivotTable to take up two rows per day rather than to display the values adjacently! Hope someone can help -...

retreving old inbox
i had to reformat my hard drive, so i backed up the old inbox from the user file onto a cd. the file is a dbx but i cannot seem to import it back to outlook. please help "matt" <beer4matt_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5f6b01c42df0$c371e9c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i had to reformat my hard drive, so i backed up the old > inbox from the user file onto a cd. the file is a dbx but > i cannot seem to import it back to outlook. please help This group is for the support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 and 2003. Outlook Express, while having a similar name is in fact a...

Bad
Yesterday, I asked this over on the m.p.outlook.general group and despite there being 170+ new messages there today, none was a reply to my question. Not even a "must be a user error" type answer. So I'm asking here too. I have searched both Google and the msnews. groups and have seen a few others ask similar questions, but have not yet found an answer. My situation is as follows: OL 2003 Imap server Preview Pane is OFF View is set to IMAP Hide marked for Deletion There are no rules to delete any messages whatsoever - there is in fact, only 1 rule, which looks for ...

Columns change colour with value
Is it possible to make the columns in a bar chart change colour once th data goes above a certain value i.e. if the data is below target th column will be red, above target the column will be green. Thank -- koootz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- koootzz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3098 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50649 Hi, See Jon Peltier's example of conditional charts, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy koootzz wrote...

Inbox Display 03-19-10
I have Outlook 2007 set to display the Inbox: * Arrange by Email Account * Show in Groups That's how I want it but how can I set the order (top to bottom of screen) that my email accounts are listed? The only options seem to be alphabetical or reverse-alphabetical by email account name. Is that it or can I set the order? I thought that going to the email accounts settings screen and moving my accounts up/down on that list would set the order they are displayed in my Inbox but that does not happen. Thanks. Peter "PMokover" <PMokover@discussions.mic...

email misses inbox and goes to subfolder
We have exchange server 2003 with service pack 2 and Outlook 2007. On one of our employees computers the email goes to his subfolder named the company name, I have renamed this to various other names and mail still goes there. I even deleted the folder (it went to Deleted Items) and still the mail went there, NOT to the inbox. Cannot figure out how to get the mail to go to the inbox. Any ideas? T. Foster wrote: > We have exchange server 2003 with service pack 2 and Outlook 2007. On one of > our employees computers the email goes to his subfolder named the company...

Lock Column in Excel 2000
I have a non-Microsoft program that exports data into Microsoft Excel 2000. I have it setup so after the data is exported into Excel, I insert a column. In the new column, I put a function (for the same of example, Let's say it is in column 'c', starting in row '5', =a5*b5. There are many columns of Data after column c. Is there any way to setup up a template Excel file, so that column c in Excel is "locked" (or whatever the term for this is), so the data is exported to columns 'a', then 'b', then skips c, then the next column is 'd', then...

Modifications to Inbox "Subject" lines do not theshow in Inbox hea
Modifications/Elaborations to the Outlook Inbox item subject lines which I make in an effort to better organize the Outlook inbox and saved/stored email messages, do not show in the Outlook Inbox headers after modification/elaboration. Why? I have organized in this way for a very long time. Is this an unintended omission or a purposeful change to Outlook and if so, is there some new way I can accomplish this? Thank you. Answered in the other thread, but for the benefit of others the answer is: It shows in the preview pane but not in the message list so its working... bu...

Select second columns only
I want to select every second column between certain rows but I don't want to do "A4:A20, C4:C20, E4:E20, G4:G20 ..... etc etc". Is there a more efficient way to show this? regards PeterH What do you want to do with the data. If you need it to go to someplace else using something like =indirect("R"&row()-20&"C"&Column()*2-1) in A24:E40 would group the data in your example. "My View" wrote: > I want to select every second column between certain rows but I don't want > to do "A4:A20, C4:C20, E4:E20, G4:G20 ..... et...

+ on top of columns & next to rows
I have a spreadsheet that has + on top of the columns and next to the rows. when you click on the + it hides or unhides the row/columns. there are also numbers at the very top left hand corner that when clicked on hides or unhided all of the corresponding rows/columns. I would like to do this to other spreadsheets. Can someone please let me know how this is done? Thanks in advance. Look up "Outline" in the HELP files. It's the same format as when you use subtotals. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the G...

Inbox not called Inbox anymore
For some reason my Inbox in Outlook 2000 (on XP) has changed name and is now called SATURDAY, which happens to be a the name of an appointment in Outlook calendar. I tried to change it's name back through Properties but it won't let me change it. Can anyone help? Aquaman No, I don't have Exchange anymore. Is there any other way=20 to rename the Inbox? A. >-----Original Message----- >Do you have access to the old Exchange client? if yes,=20 run it and you will >be able to rename the Inbox folder to its original name. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...