Improvements to Outlook in Office 2010?

Are there any public sources of information about new or improved
features in the 2010 release of Outlook / Office?

I am especially interested in seeing in improvements in RULES
handling.  I would also like to see the ability to drag-and-drop a
contact into the calendar, where the contact does not have an email
address.  Also the ability to put in a recurrence in a FLAG reminder.

-AH
0
Andrew

"Andrew Hamilton" <Ahamilton90900@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Are there any public sources of information about new or improved
> features in the 2010 release of Outlook / Office?
>
> I am especially interested in seeing in improvements in RULES
> handling.

What types of improvements?

> I would also like to see the ability to drag-and-drop a
> contact into the calendar, where the contact does not have an email
> address.

The whole point of being able to drag a contact to the Calendar is to create a
meeting request to that contact.  You can't send a meeting request unless the
contact has an electronic address, so Outlook worns you.  It does not,
however, prevent you from completing the event as an appintment with the
Contacts field of the form filled in with the name of the dragged contact.
This is working fine as it is and I doubt it will be changed.

> Also the ability to put in a recurrence in a FLAG reminder.

I don't think this has changed.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
11/12/2009 7:00:49 PM
It's still beta so while there is a lot of stuff out there, it may not be in
the final version.

Rules: very little changes
Calendar: what is your desired result? You can drop the contact on the
folder, you'll get a message about the address. Cancel the invite (so its an
appt only) - the contact you dropped is linked. (Works like this in ol2007)
Flags: do you want the reminder to recur or the flagged event to recur?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Andrew Hamilton" <Ahamilton90900@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Are there any public sources of information about new or improved
> features in the 2010 release of Outlook / Office?
>
> I am especially interested in seeing in improvements in RULES
> handling.  I would also like to see the ability to drag-and-drop a
> contact into the calendar, where the contact does not have an email
> address.  Also the ability to put in a recurrence in a FLAG reminder.
>
> -AH

0
Diane

outlook to word calendar add in
When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 version of this sort of thing? One of these perhaps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Alan Smithee Jr. asked: | When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook | Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 v...

Outlook #192
I have Outlook as my email server. I do not want my email to go to the Delete bin automaticaly however upon exiting outlook it transfers my messages to the delete bin. It will also do this if I go to another folder and return to my inbox. I do not want my messages deleted automatically and I would prefer to delete the messages in my delete file manually. What can I do? Thanks. Ron. Ron Weaver <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook as my email server. I do not want my email > to go to the Delete bin automaticaly however upon exiting > outlook it tr...

Sync outlook 2k7
I use outlook 2007 on 2 work computers and 1 home computer. I don't use exchange server only an ISP pop3 server for mail. What is the best way to keep the calandar and contacts on these 3 computers synchronized? Bob Hi Bob, for synchronization tools have a look on this site: Maybe it helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Notebooks: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Bob" <msgdev@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eAEg96wEHHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Outlook 2003 Bcm Cannot open outlook
Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB Is there a fix for this error? Cortexmann wrote: > Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event > Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 > P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB > Is there a fix for this error? Any changes to the system between when it worked and when it didn't work,...

Outlook Connector causes Outlook 2007 to not shutdown #4
I have had this problem with Outlook 2007 not shutting down for a long time, but recently, through the process of elimination, I have found that it is being caused by one of my Hotmail accounts, through the Outlook Connector. The actual problem is that Outlook does not exit properly. If I close it, the process can still be seen in Task Manager. When I try to shut down the machine, I get a message saying that Outlook will not shut down, and I need to force it to close. This means that sometimes Outlook needs to check the message store when I start it up again. This does not happen when I r...

Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer is still printing ghosts and it's totally freaking me out!!!!!!!
Every time i use 'Microsoft Office (2003) Doc Image Writer' (no printer at home) no printed document appears - ever!!! But when I try to reprint the document it's 'dis-embodied' ghost appears only in the save as dialogue box (even after a reboot) I think this is yet another Vista bug (Vista can't see/find existing documents) I've reported this before without cure Anyone know the name of it's predecessor (we use at work) which works perfectly - creates it's own document type albeit can't remember the extension I cannot repeat the problem. But ...

Outlook Not Responding #5
Does anyone know how to uninstall just Outlook without removing all of office XP. I apparently have some bad emails in my in box because when I try to open these emails outlook locks up. I can start outlook in another user with its own set of personal folders (in box), but I can't open remove any of the emails in corrupted folders. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Milo ...

Outlook 2007 05-06-10
Outlook 2007 was working fine with Windows 7, then all of a sudden I can't open it and I get this error message: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x82 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." Help!!! What did you do just before "all of a sudden" happened? Installs? Deletions? Trials? Updates? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

how do i veiw a calender from outlook on office live?
i am trying to share calenders. the help said i could veiw mine and others calenders online at microsoft office. ...

Outlook 2003 profile incompatible with Outlook 2000
My company is going to be upgrading from Win2k/Office2k up to WinXP/Office2k3, but we ran into a snag with Outlook. There seems to be an incompatibility between the Outlook 2003 profile and the Outlook 2000 profile. Our deployment isn't going to happen overnight due to lack of resources so this means we will be in a mixed environment for quite some time. So we'll have users roaming between Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2000. When an Outlook 2003 user goes to a Win2k/Office2k computer and opens up Outlook they get connected to the Exchange mailbox, but don't get much else. If you loo...

ReInstallation of Outlook Client off line version on Vista Office 2007 Version 3.0vc
Has anybody successfully managed to achieve this as i need to add a new user to a vista machine which already has a CRM offline user attached. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/removeclient.mspx Following the above link i know works fine for XP and 2003, but as things have changed in 2007 the above i am sure would not work with the new SQL Database that is installed with Vista and Outlook 2007. Any ideas. ...

Outlook shortcuts disappear
Whenever I close Outlook my shortcuts go away. Even groups that I create won't "stick". I have Outlook 2003, fully patched. Any ideas? I'm not using special characters or anything weird. Roger <roger@nowhere.net> wrote: > Whenever I close Outlook my shortcuts go away. Shortcuts where? > Even groups that I create won't "stick". Outlook doesn't have any construct called a "group". What do you mean by this term? -- Brian Tillman In the Navigation Pane, in Shortcuts, you can create shortcuts to folders. You can also cre...

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Value Pack from Office v. X and Office 2004
Can the value pack installer from Office v. X be used on Office 2004? Thanks. Norm Hi Norm It cannot be done -- Naren Please always mention the Version of Software Waiting to know if it works "Norm Phillips" <Norms1985@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BD50D136.65E%Norms1985@hotmail.com... > Can the value pack installer from Office v. X be used on Office 2004? > > Thanks. > > Norm > Have you tried? Thanks. Norm Norm Phillips <Norms1985@hotmail.com> wrote: > Have you tried? > > Thanks. I haven't, but I know you can manually...

Exchange Client (Outlook 2000)
Hi, I'm hoping to add an Exchange client to a portable computer that is running MS Office Pro 2000. When I view account options - and try to add a new account - I do not have the option to add an Exchange client. I only see POP3 and IMAP... I've looked at the CD's - and can't seem to find this add in for Outlook. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks - ! You will need to install Outlook in Corporate/Workgroup mode. This link will show you how to convert Outlook to another mode. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;195507 "Dave" <anonymous@...

OutLook 2007 events and IMAP
Hi all. I'd like to know if is possible to konw the state of a IMAP email. I mean: I have an IMAP account and I want to built a VBA macro (or aomething like that) that can let me know if a msg is deleted or not. If I open an email forder of an IMAP account i can select 1,2,3 msgs and I'm able to know what and how many msgs I have select. My problem is : 1) I select a msg and then I delete it, for IMAP account with OL 2007 the message is not deleted but only MARKD as deleted 2) I select the previous msg and an other more, but NOT deleted. so I have 2 select msgs the first dele...

Reminder in Outlook 2003
hai.. I'm new to Microsoft Outlook.My work involves conputer watching throughout the day. I want to make relax for my eyes. I want to set up the reminder for every 20 minutes. Please tell me how to set up the reminder, that reminds me every 20 minutes with pop up. You can create a task to display when you shift first starts. Then when the reminder comes up, change the snooze to 20 minutes and hit snooze. Continue hitting snooze for 20 minutes the rest of the day. Just a thought. "Senthil kumar" wrote: > hai.. > I'm new to Microsoft Outlook.My work in...

2002 outlook to outlook 95
I have outlook 2002 running XP. When I send email to any previous outlook versions, they get the mail with .dat . I can send either a text message or attached file and the mail that is recieved by the earlier version get the .dat extension and nothing else. Is there a fix? On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 00:26:43 -0700, "elias" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have outlook 2002 running XP. When I send email to any >previous outlook versions, they get the mail with .dat . >I can send either a text message or attached file and the >mail that is recieve...

Outlook 2003 #66
My mail is deleted from the outlook permanently from the INBOX at the weekend. during the week it does not happened. but it does in the weekend. I am coming on monday morning and no e-mail in the inbox. It deleted from the mail server as well. can anyone help. Joseph Battat ...

Improve Customer Source Website
My suggestion is to improve the navigation to find simple instructions for installation of such things as Great Plains client software. What a navigational mess just to find some basic information. All I am trying to find is some information on how to load a client for Great Plains 7.5. I have to reinstall the software and there are about 4 basic steps, but I do not remember the exact sequence. It should not be this difficult just to find basic steps such as how to load the software. From my experience, Microsoft is floods areas with information to fix this bug and fix that, but j...

Outlook Express 6-duplicate emails
At times when I send pictures as attachments they are sent multiple times-recipients have reported receiving 70 emails from me, all the same & the picture doesn't always show up, just a bunch of characters. This doesn't always happen, & NAV scans are negative for a virus. The pictures are just JPEG's from my digital camera, nothing special. My ISP is Charter & when I use their web-based mail, I don't have that problem, but I HATE their format & want to cont to use OE. I'm not the greatest with a computer...Anyone have any ideas? -- Thanks! "...

CRM for Outlook 2007 install error
Hello Could someone help me, i had stuck in a same problem when i install MS CRM 3.0 for outlook 2007 with Windows XP Pro & SP2. the error message is: Microsoft Outlook Setup failed to determine whether a supported version of Microsoft Outlook is installed. does anyone know why and how to solve the problem. Regard Jes Hi Jes I had a problem somewhat related to the problem you are facing. Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&displaylang=en It gives a kind of patch for CRM 3.0 for Outlook 2007 client. Hope ...

Setting up Outlook Email
I want to remove an email address from my outlook. I want to know if I will lose my information. When I setup the email originally I lost all the information when I went to log in to my email from my other computer that doesn't use Outlook. (this is using an aol account). Any suggestions? -- Wendy T. So you want to remove an e-mail *account* from Outlook, right? What version of Outlook are you using? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** &q...

outlook identity changes
I accidently changed the identity on outlook and now it won't open. how do i get outlook to run now? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicr...

Outlook and Outlook Express are competeing
I am using Word to compose e-mail messages. Since I am using a laptop and I am not always connected to the internet I have the messages wait in the outbox to be sent. Problem is...sometimes the messages go to the Outlook Express outbox and sometimes to the Outlook outbox. There seems to be no predicting which outbox the messages will end up in. I have Outlook set as the default e-mail program. It's a real pain having to constantly check the outbox and sent folders of both programs to make sure the e-mails have actually gone out. I have also tried removing Outlook Express from my machine b...