Importing OE 6 folders from ME to XP?

Hello,
My question is in regards to importing Outlook Express folders from a
machine with Windows ME to a machine with Windows XP.  The XP machine
already has folders set up with many ancestry mails that cannot be
lost.  If I export from the ME to the XP machine will the current XP
folders and mail be deleted from the XP machine or just added to the
current XP OE folders?  Sorry if this is confusing but I have been
unable to find any answer on this.  I just am not sure if the old OE
folder contents will be added to the new OE folder contents without
deleting the new OE folder mail.  Thanks

Katy

Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:

http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, mudhutkaty@juno.com asked:

| Hello,
| My question is in regards to importing Outlook Express folders from a
| machine with Windows ME to a machine with Windows XP.  The XP machine
| already has folders set up with many ancestry mails that cannot be
| lost.  If I export from the ME to the XP machine will the current XP
| folders and mail be deleted from the XP machine or just added to the
| current XP OE folders?  Sorry if this is confusing but I have been
| unable to find any answer on this.  I just am not sure if the old OE
| folder contents will be added to the new OE folder contents without
| deleting the new OE folder mail.  Thanks
|
| Katy

0
MillyS (3228)
9/4/2006 1:34:22 AM
My apologies Milly.  I read many, many postings and responses on
Outlook Express in this forum so considered it a good source.  I guess
I was wrong.  All the best.

Katy

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
> Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of th=
em.
> Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
> Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news group=
s=2E

> You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:
>
> http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/
>

> --=81
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, mudhutkaty@juno.com asked:
>
> | Hello,
> | My question is in regards to importing Outlook Express folders from a
> | machine with Windows ME to a machine with Windows XP.  The XP machine
> | already has folders set up with many ancestry mails that cannot be
> | lost.  If I export from the ME to the XP machine will the current XP
> | folders and mail be deleted from the XP machine or just added to the
> | current XP OE folders?  Sorry if this is confusing but I have been
> | unable to find any answer on this.  I just am not sure if the old OE
> | folder contents will be added to the new OE folder contents without
> | deleting the new OE folder mail.  Thanks
> |
> | Katy

And most of them tell folks to post where the experts hang out - this forum
handles Outlook questions, which are hard enough sometimes.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, mudhutkaty@juno.com asked:

| My apologies Milly.  I read many, many postings and responses on
| Outlook Express in this forum so considered it a good source.  I guess
| I was wrong.  All the best.
|
| Katy
|

| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
|| Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one
|| of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this
|| group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and
|| has its own news groups.
|| You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:
|| http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/
|| --�
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
|| After furious head scratching, mudhutkaty@juno.com asked:
||| Hello,
||| My question is in regards to importing Outlook Express folders from
||| a machine with Windows ME to a machine with Windows XP.  The XP
||| machine already has folders set up with many ancestry mails that
||| cannot be lost.  If I export from the ME to the XP machine will the
||| current XP folders and mail be deleted from the XP machine or just
||| added to the current XP OE folders?  Sorry if this is confusing but
||| I have been unable to find any answer on this.  I just am not sure
||| if the old OE folder contents will be added to the new OE folder
||| contents without deleting the new OE folder mail.  Thanks
||| Katy

0
MillyS (3228)

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

intall OE
can I install the new version off outlook express without installing the new version of internet explorer (old version is IE4.0 and can't be updated) No. (If you are running Windows 95, the latest version of IE/OE you can install is 5.5 sp2) <m.vdh@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:080801c34cfe$4e57ffe0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > can I install the new version off outlook express without > installing the new version of internet explorer (old > version is IE4.0 and can't be updated) ...

Importing Dynamic data

Hyperlink #6
Why doesn't Powerpoint 2007 hyperlink work when slide presentation sent to CD? you should ask this question in a PowerPoint newsgroup, this one is for Publisher -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "DwightA" <DwightA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAAF7AC3-5218-408C-804F-755C699EFA8D@microsoft.com... > Why doesn't Powerpoint 2007 hyperlink work when slide presentation sent to > CD? I don't have PowerPoint but interested. Are you saying that if a PowerPoint file that is on your hard drive contains a w...

Download OE 6
I am running Win 98 and O E 5. There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am trying to download 0 E 6. Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so I am unable to open the file. I also get a message saying that another version is pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do not have O E 6. What can I do. Les wrote: > I am running Win 98 and O E 5. > There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am > trying to download 0 E 6. > > Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so > I am unable to open the file. > >...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

About 6 messages stuck in one of our outgoing smtp queues
I hope you can help me. I'm troubleshooting an issue currently with only two users with emails that are stuck in one of our outbound smtp queues. They've been stuck in there all day and I've tried forcing the connection and also unfreezing the email to no avail. I've manually connected to the smtp connectors that we have defined and am able to send emails directly from the telnet session from the server. I've also sent one of the users an email from the destination and had her reply which she did and I received it. I have double checked the mx records...

import pdf table

log files in folder MDBDATA
is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? fanman36 wrote: > is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? This files will be deleted automatically after performing a full backup with NTBackup. They are used for recovery. -- Dana http://www.woodcontour.com Solid wood and stone PC Peripherals On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:15:01 -0700, "fanman36" <fanman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? No, you should not manually delete those files. Use an Exchange awar...

importing email

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Mixing Visual Studio 6 with Visual Studio .NET
Hi All - I fully expect the answer to this to be "why would you even ask this question"; so, donning my flame retardant underwear :-) .... We have a product that is built (compiled and linked) using Visual Studio 6. In that product, we provide a facility for our end users to construct their own add-on DLLs. One of our customers has approached us with a requirement that the add-on DLLs be built using Visual Studio .NET. Their corporate IT department has standardized on the .NET development platform and will not allow anyone in the company to install VS6. The entry point interfaces...

Deleted Items Folder
Running Outlook 2002, Windows XP. In Tools-Options-Other I have checked the box "Empty the Deleted Items folder upon existing." However, it does not empty automatically. I unchecked it, closed Outlook, opened Outlook, and rechecked it but it still doesn't empty automatically. This happens even when I shut down and restart the computer. Any suggestions? ...

Problems printing templates in Excel XP
I will try and get as much detail about my problem in here. I have two pcs at my work that are not printing the text from a worksheet created in a previous version of excel (97 I think), Others with the exact same load have no problem printing these same worksheets. The typed in txt on these templates will appear in print preview but once they print it notihng is there, it looks like the blank template. I have tried saving it in Excel 97 & 5.0 95 format, that did not help. I have uninstalled & reinstalled Office XP and installed Off2k with no luck either. I have tried refo...