Importing messages #6

I have a backup disk that I would like to impport from, but obviously I do
not know how.  When I double-click a message, it does not recognize which
program to use to open it and takes me to an MS site.  All of these have a
..dbx extension.

Thank you.
0
Jennifer1 (141)

"Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a backup disk that I would like to impport from, but obviously I do
> not know how.  When I double-click a message, it does not recognize which
> program to use to open it and takes me to an MS site.  All of these have a
> .dbx extension.
>
> Thank you.

What program where they exported from? What program are you trying to Import
them too?
Are you trying to import into the same program as they were exported from?
Outlook Express uses dbx files- if it is Outlook Express that is a different
program to Outlook (which is the subject of this newsgroup) so you'd be
better going to a relevant newsgroup.

If you want them imported into OE then File, Import, messages- a wizard
starts then which should help. Giving the version and name of the program
you use, and the name and version they were exported from are needed to get
info you want.

0
alan8232 (157)

Importing data

Disable attachment message
We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to open attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not find it there either ? TIA Darryl You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave W...

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Outlook 2003
We have a small office of just six users who are all on Office 2003. When the Message settings on a message are set to an Importance of Low or High, the recipient gets the message with a Normal Importance. The same thing is happening with the sensitivity settings. However, when using my personal laptop, these settings work on both sending and receiving, using the same network connection as the machines in the office. Any ideas? ...

Welcome Message
Hi, I have a user who receives the Outlook Welcome Message everytime they open Outlook. How can i stop the message from appearing? Thanks, Jen see below: From: Outlook 2003 Team [mailto:olteam@Microsoft.com] Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:32 PM To: New Outlook User Subject: Welcome to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Thank you for using Microsoft� Office Outlook� 2003! This version of Outlook includes new capabilities designed to help you access, prioritize, and act on communications and information so that you may use your time more efficiently and more easily manage the ever-incre...

excel 97 xml import

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

I Open email, hit Reply and it sends several emails with no message.
Hello, I open my email, hit Reply and before I can write anything it sends the email out with no message. Usually this happens twice and the third time it will wait until I write the message and click Send. I'm sure it's annoying to the person receiving this. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!! -- tms Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Are you hitting Alt-S ? That will send the email. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "tms" wrote in message news:tms.4e5n4e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... ...

About 6 messages stuck in one of our outgoing smtp queues
I hope you can help me. I'm troubleshooting an issue currently with only two users with emails that are stuck in one of our outbound smtp queues. They've been stuck in there all day and I've tried forcing the connection and also unfreezing the email to no avail. I've manually connected to the smtp connectors that we have defined and am able to send emails directly from the telnet session from the server. I've also sent one of the users an email from the destination and had her reply which she did and I received it. I have double checked the mx records...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Can I group by year or month(when message received)in my inbox?
I need to group my received mails by date and then by sender. Can I do this by year or month, or I can only do this with the exact date+time. Thanks in advance! Regards! Balint You could add a formular field that displays the year of the ReceivedDate property, but you can't group or sort by such a field. The only way is to add a custom field and fill it by using VBA code. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> ...

I get an error message "Your current security settings do not allo
I have been having this problem for several weeks now and I have not been able to get money to load properly. I have submitted this issue to MS several times and they have not responded. I get an error message "Your current security settings do not allow this file... I have tried to disable and re-install money and I still was unable to get it to work. Try resetting your Internet Explorer file settings. When you say you submitted the issue, did you raise a problem report and thus have a tracking number? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http:...

importing email

Turning off the threaded message display in Outlook Express?
How can I force Outlook Express 6 to display incoming messages sorted by the date instead of displaying message threads sorted by the date of the first message in the thread? About two days ago my Outlook Express started displaying messages in the e-mail folders in threads although I never asked for it. I would not like to miss any message by letting Outlook Express bury it among the older stuff. Fortunately, the messages are mostly stored in IMAP4 folders, so if I would be unable to force Outlook Express 6 work normally, it would be easy to switch to Mozilla Mail. "totojepast" &l...

import pdf table

Mixing Visual Studio 6 with Visual Studio .NET
Hi All - I fully expect the answer to this to be "why would you even ask this question"; so, donning my flame retardant underwear :-) .... We have a product that is built (compiled and linked) using Visual Studio 6. In that product, we provide a facility for our end users to construct their own add-on DLLs. One of our customers has approached us with a requirement that the add-on DLLs be built using Visual Studio .NET. Their corporate IT department has standardized on the .NET development platform and will not allow anyone in the company to install VS6. The entry point interfaces...

Field missing upon XML import