Importing into Oulook beta

Had backup installed on outlook 2003.
This transferred to Outlook Beta fine when I transferred.
Used it to back-up all Outlook files.

Have just re-formatted.
Now........
1. Can't install Outlook Backup from Microsoft site. - it says that Outlook
isn't found on my computer.
2. If I try to import the .PST file, (not using Backup) it locks up and
after that, the cursor disappears behind Outlook window. Only redemable
using system restore.

I want to get my folders, mail  and settings back.
Any ideas?
Nick

0
nmm457 (1)

NOTTNICK <nmm457@bellows.org.uk.nospam> wrote:

> Now........
> 1. Can't install Outlook Backup from Microsoft site. - it says that
> Outlook isn't found on my computer.

I can't answer this.

> 2. If I try to import the .PST file, (not using Backup) it locks up
> and after that, the cursor disappears behind Outlook window. Only
> redemable using system restore.

Never import from or export to a PST unless you LIKE losing information.
There's simply is no need.  Open the PST in OUtlook with FIle>Open>Outlook
Data File.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

import contacts #2
When i imported my contacts from yahoo only the email address came through. How can I get all contact info? What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer JPF (just plain Fred) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | When i imported my contacts from yahoo only the email | address came through. How can I get all contact info? ...

Check important update for Microsoft Windows
--eyxuztwknptgdlehc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dfrqdrgzvftbyhd"; type="multipart/alternative" --dfrqdrgzvftbyhd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eqanibxmctwj" --eqanibxmctwj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ...

Importing Contacts 04-15-04
When trying to import contacts into CRM I get the following message. "Microsoft outlook could not be started. Verify that outlook is installed on this computer." I have Outlook 2003 installed and also have installed the CRM Sales for Outlook ...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

8K row size error while importing customization
Hi, I am getting an error similar to one above while importing the customization for account and opportunity on CRM 3.0 with SQL Server 2005 as the database. I am using the import customization class provided in sample code for 3.0.5 sdk. I able to import the same customization on CRM 3.0 with SQL Server 2000 as the database. ...

Import into word #2
Is there any way that i can import a publication from publisher 2000 into word 2000 -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie How to save a Publisher publication as a Word document http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302939/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shazza" <shazzalowe@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:5D0E39C9-E76C-43A0-93E7-C1AC215D3648@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that i can import a publication from publisher 2000 into > word 2000 > -- >...

importing bin data
Hello: Since Integration Manager does not offer the ability to import Inventory items along with their bin locationsand quantities, is it worthwhile to try to import bin quantities into GP via Table Import? childofthe1980s Table Import certainly offers that advantage over IM and any other integration product. Take a look at my article on Table Import at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/often-overlooked-yet-powerful-table.html for a complete overview. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The D...

Newsletter Importing
I have taken over my sons Scout Troop newsletter. As I could not find a converter in publisher 07 from the troops pdf that I want to use as a templet I converted the pdf to word with another program. Upon importing the three page word document publisher spread the three pages over twelve pages. What settings do I need to adjust to correct the issue? -- Old Bear Light is fast but when donuts are involved I'm faster. Why not just design it in Publisher? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Old Bear" <OldBear@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How to import certificates into OL2000
Hello everybody, we would like to secure our email. Therefore we established Postfix with TLS support. We are our own CA and I generated a cakey.pem for the key of the CA. We use OL2000 on the client-side. We sucessfully tested the configuration with TLS. But we have to manually accept the certificate through a pop-up windows of Windows. Is there a workaround or feature within OL2000 to improve this situation ? Please help me Yours sincerely Sebastian Wiegand You need to add a copy of the signing CA to each clients Trusted Root Certificate store. This can be done through Internet Expl...

Bulk Importing Marketing Responses
For CRM 3.0 - Using Bulk import to create Marketing Response Records. Does anyone have a spreadsheet set up that works with CRM Bulk Import for the Marketing Response Record? Hi Paul, you can create your own using Advanced Find to export a spreadsheet that contains the columns you want to import. Importing campaign responses can be a little bit tricky though... -- Neil Benson, Customery -- UK online community for CRM customers and partners http://www.customery.co.uk http://twitter.com/neilabenson http://uk.linkedin.com/in/neilbenson "Paul J." wrote: > For CRM 3.0 - Usin...

User imports timesheet to tasks: Does this get updated immediately
In 2007, when a teammember updates the PWA timesheet with time for various tasks and submits it to the pm, would he have to wait for his timesheet manager to approve the time before he can import the timesheet to update his Task progress? In some cases, I am not seeing any updates show up even after PM approval. Please advise. If you are using the Project Server timesheet system, the submittals and approvals for these are independent. So, after entering and submitting a timesheet, the user must go to the My Tasks page, import the time from the Timesheet, and then submit it to t...

import from Excel to Access
I am trying to import a worksheet from Excel 2003 to Access 2003 and having mixed results. I use File --> Get External Data and import a spreadsheet along with its field names into a new Access table. I have Access create a primary key, and in the import process it does not allow me to designate the data type, so I am stuck with whatever Access decides each field is. Then I try to import the EXACT SAME DATA into the table, so I know that the field names are EXACTLY the same (and I have checked each one in Excel prior to the first import to make sure that there are no odd symbols, etc. and ...

2007 Beta
Aside from a couple of niggles I quite like this. Will Beta users get any updates/fixes before final version of 2007 is released? It's impossible to say. That's up to Microsoft.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Jeff" <jeffxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:A0Ehg.18242$A8.10806@clgrps12... > Aside from ...

How to import text file into excel file using VB
Hi, How do I create a form with import button in excel file? The impor button can perform the function of import the text file into worksheet. Please give me some ideas of doing it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks ! Ann : Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66226 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How about recording a macro when you do it manually the first time. Post back with followup questions. "annsmjarm <" wrote: > > Hi, > Ho...

language issues with Oulook 2002

Bulk Import remains Pending
I have a client that is running a simple bulk import on their new CRM v3.0 system. When the system administrator runs a bulk import on a list of accounts the activity remains in a Pending status and never finishes. Seems like I have read some posts on this, but I can't find anything on topic now. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mike What is the event log telling you? Event logs contain nothing about the bulk import. Its as if the subsystem is just not working at their site. I tried a small subset on my system and it worked fine. We then tried that small subset on theirs and nothin...

Importing A PDF Document Into Excel 2003
Greetings, Is there anyway to import a pdf document into An Excel spreadsheet? I have a form that needs to be filled out every month from the calculations in my spreadsheet. Currently I have to print out the pdf and then reprint it with only the data. There has got to be a better way! Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. TIA -Minitman Since PDF is a proprietary file format from Adobe, Excel doesn't come with a built-in importer. To my knowledge, no such thing exists, although Adobe may have something. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. -- Dante Gagne Software De...

DATA IMPORT ISSUES
Hi, I have an issue when trying to import into pick list fields from a list that has some blank values. The conversion process in the import wizard forces you to make a selection from the pick list. The only ways I can think around this are: 1. Add an option to the pick list called Null. Then during the conversion process convert the blank field to null. I could then use the advanced find to pull up the relevant records and use a manual workflow rule to clear the contents of the field. However, the big issue with this is that in the advanced find search results you can only apply the manual...

Importing Custom Toolbars
I recently created several custom toolbars to work with a particular workbook. When I moved the Excel file which was that workbook to another computer, I discovered that the toolbars were not associated with the workbook and hence didn't exist on the other computer. Is there anyway to transfer these toolbars short of recreating them. Josh Josh, While the best practice is to dynamically create toolbars with code, you can attach a toolbar to a workbook. Go to the View menu, choose Toolbars, then Customize. In that dialog, click the Toolbars tab, and then Attach. In the Attach dialog, s...

Importing from delimited text file & removing duplicates
Hi I have a problem which I hope someone can help me with because I really don't even know where to start with it. I am using Access 2003. I have a delimited text file which contains about 200,000 lines. There are only 2 fields, Role and ID. The role field contains many duplicates, out of the 200,000 records I think there are only 16,000 unique roles. Role ID AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_CLK EE1 AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_CLK LT10 AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_CLK LT18 AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_CLK LT3 AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_CLK LT7 AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_...

Bulk Import of data
Hi, I have to automate the process of importing more than 1.8 million of contacts in the form of XML (retrieve from another web application) into MSCRM contact. when those contacts on that web application is updated, deleted or removed, it has to update MSCRM automatically. What is the best method to accomplish this and any suggestions to improve the importing process, such as reduce the amount of time...etc. I appreciate if someone is willing to share with me some websites for reference. Thanks alot. Well, you have to go through the pain of initially importing the contacts, which wil...

Importing Visio into Access #2
Is it possible to import Visio 2007 into Access 2007? Thanks Joy You've asked the equivalent of "can I make an apple pie from oranges?". Check out Database Wizard in Visio help. Al <Joy.Huggins@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7a7da118-f30e-4b7b-8018-243523c78a24@k41g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to import Visio 2007 into Access 2007? > > Thanks > > Joy "AlEdlund" <aledlund@comcast.net> wrote in message news:19594892-7535-44E6-8C8B-014A8043D7B1@microsoft.com... > You've asked the equivalent of "can I make ...

Importing form 2002 to 2000
I have tried to import contacts from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2000, but to no avail - it tells me that I do not have sufficient privaleges to access the file I am trying to copy from. I have Admin privaleges on Win 2000, but have copied the file from XP onto a CD and this is what I am trying to access?? Any ideas? ...

Importing
I'm using Pub2003, SP3, under XP Pro SP3, everything fully patched. I'm trying to prepare a little book for printing. I open a blank document in Pub, set printer page to A5 (the same as I typed the pages in Word) but whenever I import the Word document, Pub returns to A4 size pages. If I try to reset the print pages to A5 I end up with what I can only describe as a mess. Any ideas, anyone? TIA John Create a text box, with the cursor in the text box right-click, click change text, text file, browse to your Word file. Have you setup your publication as a boo...

outlook express importing messages
I recently got a new computer with Outlook Express 6 on it. I want to be able to import my mail messages from my OE5. There is not an option to import from OE5, only Outlook, OE4 and OE6. I have tried all 3 option and nothing imports. What is the problem? I confirmed that my export is good and I do have data. Thanks for any help! In article <0a7601c3bf5c$d72a83d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |I recently got a new computer with Outlook Express 6 on |it. I want to be able to import my mail messages from my |OE5. There is not an option to ...