Importing from Windows Mail: lost my contact groups

Is there anyway to get my contact groups back? I imported from Windows Mail
in Vista to Outlook 07. All my addresses are fine, but I don't have my
contact groups.

No, contact groups are not exportable. You'll need to make the groups in
Outlook (where they are called distribution lists).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Kathy Jo" <Kathy Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to get my contact groups back? I imported from Windows
> Mail
> in Vista to Outlook 07. All my addresses are fine, but I don't have my
> contact groups.

0
Diane

Importing data

Why does shared workbooks uncheck users Windows in Taskbar option
Every time users go into a shared workbook it unchecks their previously selected option to show Windows In Taskbar (Tools\Option\View\Windows In Taskbar). I've tried saving the program with this option checked but it seems every time I make it a shared workbook and go back into it, this option unchecks itself. Any way around this? What version of excel are you running? Saved from a previous post... There's a bug in xl2k that shows up if you're working with shared workbooks. If you're not using xl2k and shared workbooks, it sounds like you don't have permission to ...

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Write in larger than 36 points with Windows Live Mail
How can I write/compose in larger than 36 points with Windows Live Mail? I have downloaded fonts that can go much higher than 36 points but Windows Live Mail only shows 36 points as maximum "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message news:#PlPfSyaKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How can I write/compose in larger than 36 points with Windows Live Mail? > I have downloaded fonts that can go much higher than 36 points but Windows > Live Mail only shows 36 points as maximum You can't with WLM. It is a limitation of the program. Most p...

excel 97 xml import

Popup windows
Hi there, I'm having problems with popup window blocking in MS Internet Explorer and CRM Outlook client integration where a lot of windows in CRM are being blocked somehow. I presumed having the Outlook Client integration for CRM would have automatically added the CRM windows to 'allowed sites' for popups, but they still are blocked. The same is happening in the internet browser. I have the popup blocker turned off, and I have no other tools such as Google bar that could also be blocking the windows. Did anyone have any similar problems, or know what I can do to stop w...

Problems comming with change of Windows OS versions
Hi all, I work on MFC ,Dialog based applications........ when I develop an application and test it ,frequently I am facing one problem...It is the applications are working fine in one Windows OS version( consider XP) but if I test it another Windows OS version like( 98,2k,XPSP2)..there are some problems(like not underlining the shortcut keys,images not getting displayed..etc ) which are comming in that particular OS version only.... I want to know the reason behind this.....why is it working fine in one OS & not in other...?? I have clearly checked that the commands are g...

New Money File Error on Windows XP
I'm using the MS Money 2002 on Windows XP Pro (I've upgraded XP from Windows 2000). But when I starting new file, Money 2002 is crashed. Working with previous files are good, but new file working is failed always. Is it error on Windows XP? Have you tried re-installing M2002? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Kim Heui Jung" <neospix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORcUKtP0DHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm using...

New mail notification should not show a red flag
When I receive new mail notification, the little box shows a red flag and a high priority status symbol. When I go to outlook, neither are true for the email. New mail should only show those if it is true ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Cannot send internet mail... HELP!!!
I have a new install of Windows 2003 with a 120 day version of Exchange 2003.I can recieve email from any domain but I can only send mail internaly. The machine is public, no firewall. I have no DNS errors. I can connect via telnet to my mail server at home as well as connect via telnet from my home server to the 2003 server. the mail stuck in the queue say "The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt." I have spent a week trying to get this fixed. All my experince is with 5.5 and this is making want to stick with that. Any hlep would be greatly appreciated. ...

2000: All SMTP Mail Going Via Exchange Instead
I have been successfully using Outlook 2000 to send via multiple accounts, including the in-house Exchange server and multiple outside SMTP servers, for years, via the Services option. Yesterday, suddenly, this no longer works. Now, if I'm logged into the Exchange server and have my incoming mail directed to my Exchange Inbox as usual, all outgoing SMTP mail is sent via the Exchange server no matter which SMTP service I have at the top of the Services --> Delivery tab. If I'm not logged into the Exchange server, or I have mail going into a different mailbox, the SMTP servers work...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

=?windows-1252?Q?Entering_Purchase_Order_line_items_=96_who=92s_part_?= =?windows-1252?Q?number=3F?=
Any way to select our in-house part number yet have the selected vendor=92s part number be printed on the PO? The choice of either learning every part number from every vendor or using our in-house numbers and possibly getting the wrong part (vendor doesn=92t know our part numbers) is an ugly choice. Using version 8. Is this the way it is in all newer versions? Picking ours and printing theirs would be sweet... G You should be able to do that....right now, our PO prints our item number on the first line and the vendor item number on the second line. If you just want the vendor's it...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Move Public Fldr DB to new Storage Group
Hi, I'm hoping that I can do this.... When our new Exchange 2007 server was set up, the public folder database was left in the default first storage group. As we're evolving with this installation, we see a need to move the public folder database to a different storage group. Some things I've read lead me to beleive that it may not be possible. So I have 2 questions: 1) Is it possible to move the public folder database to another storage group? and 2) If it is possible, how? TIA Chris On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:17:02 -0700, CCerer <CCerer@discussions.microsoft.c...

Can I group by year or month(when message received)in my inbox?
I need to group my received mails by date and then by sender. Can I do this by year or month, or I can only do this with the exact date+time. Thanks in advance! Regards! Balint You could add a formular field that displays the year of the ReceivedDate property, but you can't group or sort by such a field. The only way is to add a custom field and fill it by using VBA code. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> ...

Subselect in a grouping query
I have the following SELECT...GROUP BY code that is giving me the error "Column 'dbo.PayChecks.CheckID' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause." which I understand but not sure how to fix it. In this query I want to get a total of a column (GrossPay) from a related Timesheet table. I have done this before in a non-grouped query. Any help is appreciated. SELECT C.PeopleLinkID, MIN(P.LastName) AS LastName, MIN(P.FirstName) AS FirstName, D.DedCode, SUM(D.DedAmount) AS D...

SFO's MSDE causes Windows Explorer crash.
We have CRM at our main offices in London and also have 2 guys in Los Angeles who belong to our domain and use CRM via the web. They would like to use SFO. These guys are roaming sales men, so their domain credentials are cached on their PC's and they connect to our domain only when at their office and using VPN. They are on XP Pro (SP1) laptops with 2.6GHz P4 and 512Mb memory, running Outlook 2003. Whilst at their offices and connected by VPN to the London domain, we successfully installed SFO on their PC's. It appears to work, but causes Windows Explorer to crash. Switc...