Importing from Excel to Outlook #2

When I try to import to Outlook from Excel I'm having a problem with
zip/postal codes. All of my zips are in New Jersey and the first number of
the zip is zero (0). I set the excel worksheet to recognize that column as
"special, zip code" but when Outlook tries to pull in the data it's dropping
off all the zeros leaving me with a 4 digit zip, sans the zeros.  So
frustrating. Please help!

Thanks!
0
Bob4289 (354)

Perhaps format the Excel field as text?

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to import to Outlook from Excel I'm having a problem with
> zip/postal codes. All of my zips are in New Jersey and the first number of
> the zip is zero (0). I set the excel worksheet to recognize that column as
> "special, zip code" but when Outlook tries to pull in the data it's
dropping
> off all the zeros leaving me with a 4 digit zip, sans the zeros.  So
> frustrating. Please help!
>
> Thanks!

0
DL
11/6/2006 10:25:28 AM
Thanks for the response... I did try that. When I format as text, it drops
the zeros from the worksheet so they are not even present when Outlook trys
to pull the data over.  Seems like such a simple thing, right??? I have been
recking my brain and Goolge to no avail.

"DL" wrote:

> Perhaps format the Excel field as text?
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to import to Outlook from Excel I'm having a problem with
> > zip/postal codes. All of my zips are in New Jersey and the first number of
> > the zip is zero (0). I set the excel worksheet to recognize that column as
> > "special, zip code" but when Outlook tries to pull in the data it's
> dropping
> > off all the zeros leaving me with a 4 digit zip, sans the zeros.  So
> > frustrating. Please help!
> >
> > Thanks!

0
Bob4289 (354)
11/6/2006 1:30:01 PM
I figured it out... You have to save the excel file as tab delimited. Then,
import that file into outlook.

"Bob" wrote:

> Thanks for the response... I did try that. When I format as text, it drops
> the zeros from the worksheet so they are not even present when Outlook trys
> to pull the data over.  Seems like such a simple thing, right??? I have been
> recking my brain and Goolge to no avail.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
> > Perhaps format the Excel field as text?
> >
> > "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I try to import to Outlook from Excel I'm having a problem with
> > > zip/postal codes. All of my zips are in New Jersey and the first number of
> > > the zip is zero (0). I set the excel worksheet to recognize that column as
> > > "special, zip code" but when Outlook tries to pull in the data it's
> > dropping
> > > off all the zeros leaving me with a 4 digit zip, sans the zeros.  So
> > > frustrating. Please help!
> > >
> > > Thanks!

0
Bob4289 (354)
11/6/2006 2:04:02 PM
If a cell is formated in text it will display '0123' when this is entered

> Thanks for the response... I did try that. When I format as text, it drops
> the zeros from the worksheet so they are not even present when Outlook
trys
> to pull the data over.  Seems like such a simple thing, right??? I have
been
> recking my brain and Goolge to no avail.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
> > Perhaps format the Excel field as text?
> >
> > "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I try to import to Outlook from Excel I'm having a problem with
> > > zip/postal codes. All of my zips are in New Jersey and the first
number of
> > > the zip is zero (0). I set the excel worksheet to recognize that
column as
> > > "special, zip code" but when Outlook tries to pull in the data it's
> > dropping
> > > off all the zeros leaving me with a 4 digit zip, sans the zeros.  So
> > > frustrating. Please help!
> > >
> > > Thanks!

0
DL

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Printing Reports #2
I want to change the default font when I go to reports. My font is some kind of goofy font that I can't read. Can anyone help ...

Can I export from Excel to ACT
I have a huge contact list on an Excel spreadsheet and I was hoping I would be able to export it straight into my Act contact manager. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Parm, Look at the ways Excel can save, and compare with what ACT can take as input. In Excel, do File - Save as, and go through the formats shown in the "Save as type" box. See which, if any, Act can open or import. The csv would seem a likely one. Or txt. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Parm" <Parm@discuss...

Run excel when logged off.
Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in. Is that possible? Thanks, Jasper What happens when you try? Of course if you try accessing "mapped drives", you will have to fix that issue too. Jaz wrote: > Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? > > I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to > have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in...

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?
You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the other cells wouldn't fit. You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have undesired side-effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ lotus1107 wrote: ...

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

OUTLOOK links & pictures
My outlook received e-mails have suddenly stopped displaying pictures and links. Can anyone please help ?? ...

excel 97 xml import

syncing excel 2007...
hi all community members... I have excel 2007 and sync all my office 2007 files to a online backup. unfortunately for excel this is not done I have to restart my computer (windows ultimate) for it to be synced (the company is ‘humyo’ which I think is one of the best...) I phoned them up and was told I must have ‘some sort of lock’ on these workbooks. I have been through the settings and thought it was privacy/personal information but am lost. can someone please help and I look forward to a reply. very much appreciated. Paul. I can't think of anyth...

Excel power toy for media playlist...
Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list so that it could be opened in Excel. Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? Thanks. Frank Frank wrote: > Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list > so that it could be opened in Excel. > Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? > Thanks. > Frank Never mind, I found it...the bonus pack! Frank ...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Need help with exel database #2
I have a database in exel with names, addresses and other information. I have a pre-written letter that I want to send out to each of the names in the database. My question is if I can somehow have exel automatically create a seperate letter in Word for each Name in the database and have the correct data go into the correct fields in the pre-written letter. Is that possible? Thanks for any input. Look at Mail Merge in MS Word and your worksheet as the data source "john2004" wrote: > I have a database in exel with names, addresses and other information. I > have a ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

how do I type over a pic on excel
Unless you put the picture in the Background (Format/Sheet/Background), in which case it will be tiled throughout the entire sheet, you can't directly type over a picture because pictures "live" in the Drawing layer above the cells. You can make the picture transparent (Format/Picture) to see text in the cells beneath. You can also use the Camera Tool to create a linked picture of a cell and position it on top of the other picture. Set the Fill to No fill, and the border to No Line. What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with n lines and no fill...

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

Export to Outlook 2010
I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You open the previous data file, but then you might mean your data is on one PC and you want to open it on a new PC? Not realy enough info "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C5E4A4-1EA0-4361-A37A-ADACC890CBC0@microsoft.com... >I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook > "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You can connect to an existing pst-file via...

Importing Dynamic data

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

outlook attachment question
she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the body, as opposed to being an attachment Switch to HTML or Plain Text format; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "nat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2015401c45872$8ac3cba0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the > body, as opposed to being an attachment ...

Importing a CSV file