Importing from excel #4

I'm trying to import contact records from excel into Outlook. The Issue have
is with the email addresses. The email field in Outlook after the import is
finished has a single letter instead of the email address. I've tried
different formats for the excel record prior to importing but nothing seems
to work. Help would be appreciated.

0
gary9658 (2)

how to use Excel 2007 Sensitivity Analysis
could any help provide a sample excel worksheet with sensitivity analysis demo, including use of scenario manager to generate scenario summary. ...

Import Custom recipients
Hi, I've just used exmerge to migrate mailboxes from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003, but there are heaps of custom recipients also. I've exported them from Exch 5.5 to a csv file. Is there any way to import them into Exch 2003? TIA Phil HOW TO: Use Csvde to Import Contacts and User Objects into Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q327620#3 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included s...

import files to access
I everybody I have about 300 files that was created by a system and saved as tab delimited but in excel sheets each excel sheet contains two rows one for the heading the other for the data of a patient , and there are many columns now I want to gather all the data and keep in one table in access . I can import data from any one of the excel sheets manually to access , but only after opening the excel sheet and saving it as workbook. although the file is excel sheet buts is extension is txt so what i have to append the data manually is 1.open the excel sheet and save as w...

Lists in excel
Is there a way to have a list that will eliminate a value once it is already used in a group of cells? Have a look here: http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal03.html -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Kameca" <Kameca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B43DEBA-1BFD-457E-884C-6643C95081F1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a list that will eliminate a value once it is > already > used in a group of cells? see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx -- Gary''s Stud...

I need to C&P a section of Excel to Word but I need to get it to fit on a standard 8.5x11!
Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get these to fit on the page? Marc Marc wrote: > Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all > the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get > these to fit on the page? > > Marc > > Smaller font, cut margins to the minimum, print landscape Print Preview > shrink to fit, are all options just depends on how wide the fields are. It just may be to big to fit ...

Bulk import in progress but not progressing V3 CRM
Two long Contact imports (40,000+ records) were started and progressing well. One completed but the other appears to be locked. They were both left running after business hours. SQL backups may have impacted them. I can see in the CRM DB where to change the status if they are unrecoverable jobs. But any new bulk imports created are staying in the 'Pending' state. All help welcome. Steve ...

xlodbc.xla - Excel ODBC Add-In
Hi, I am trying to run SQL queries directly from a worksheet in Excel. I have found an add-in for Excel 2002 that is no longer supported in 2003 or 2007 which is just what I want (xlodbc.xla). 1. Why was this discontinued? 2. Is there a built-in way to do this in newer versions [running queries from a cell, NOT going to Data > Import > etc...]? 3 Any other thoughts, help, advice? Thanks! If you are looking to run a parameter query there are much better ways, You may find this helpful. http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/gui/datamenu/dataexamples/externaldataexamples.htm About 3/4 wa...

4.0 Exchange Router Config Settings
I wanted to get feedback on how most people are configuring the the exchange router for 4.0. There is an option to have a forwarding mailbox but we are currently not using that. Wasn't sure if that is what most people are using. Thanks! you can these screencast to understand the email integration of MSCRM 4.0 http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterfwd/emailrouterfwd.html http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterpop3/emailrouterpop3.html http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterexchange/emailrouterexchange.html enjoy viewing... "MDV1457" <MDV1457@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Excel 2003 question about help menu
I use Excel 2003 OFF-LINE. I find myself extremely limited and frustrated with the "menu approach" that it uses as well as the set number of items it will display as the result of a keyword search. The main problem for me ATM is that I know that the functions are categorized into say eight categories, e.g., text, but I don't always remember all of them. In the past, a search in Help would return a list of those categories from which I could quickly and easily navigate around to doublecheck my understanding. Search results in Excel 2003 are erratic, and trying to find the list...

Excel Macro
Hi, I have a regular task that I do on a pivottable that looks like this (but longer): No Code Total 1 DN 841.92 PRP08 0 PRP30 0 2 RDB 0.00 RTQ 0.00 RVW 15,636.98 3 PRP42 3,435.76 Grand Total 672,328.19 I paste this info into a database which requires the number to be repeated on each line. At the moment I use a macro to copy the data down to the next entry as shown below starting in the cell that has No in: Selection.End(xlDown).Select Selection.End(xlDown).Select ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlUp)).Select Selection.f...

How do I import messages from mbox file to Outlook?
I want to start using Outlook for mail from Agent and Agent says their export to to an mbox universal UNIX file format. How then to I import this format into Outlook? SPeon <SPeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to start using Outlook for mail from Agent and Agent says > their export to to an mbox universal UNIX file format. How then to I > import this format into Outlook? Many people find the conversion easiest to manage by first importing into Outlook Express (using the Netscape Communicator selection, since that also uses mbox format) and then exporting into...

Excel 2007 chart line types
Hi, When using Excel 2003, I was able to copy charts, and then paste them into CorelDraw as metafiles, ungroup these, and use the lines from the charts in my graphics. Since upgrading to Excel 2007, I am still able to do this, but the lines now appear to have a more complex format (the compund type is mentioned in the line properties dialog), made up of border and line types. On exporting to CoreDraw, these lines appear much less uniform than previously, changing thickness along the length of the line. Is there a workaround to allow me to plot chats with non-compund type lines as was po...

Can't get bar code font to work in EXCEL 2003
I have a simple formula that converts a part number to a 3 of 9 bar code font in Excel 2003. Works great on my computer but a co-worker, who also has Excel 2003, can't get this to work. On her PC it show the 3 of 9 font in the drop down box but in the cell it is not converting it to a bar code image. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tony Most likely the font is not installed properly... She needs to reinstall the font. It can be done through Control Panel -> Fonts if you have the font available. "Tony" wrote: > I have a simple formula that conve...

Line Graph in Excel
I have created a line graph in Excel (with my input data on a separate worksheet). I have 3 columns: Planned, Actual, and New. I am tracking 'requirements' and I only want 2 lines on the graph. I have plotted the Planned and Actual, however I want the 'New' to be added to the 'Planned' in the graph. Maybe my example below will help? Planned Actual New A 10 8 0 B 15 12 2 C 20 17 0 D 25 23 ...

XY scatter chart #4
Have to represent large amount of data in XY scatter. The data consist of 120.000 data lines (x) with one corresponding Y value. Therefore the data is represented in two lots of two columns. Now I have two problems. 1. How do I combine one set of columns with the other and 2. the XY chart does not appear to be able to handle this much data. An XY series can handle 32000 points, and an XY chart can handle 256000 total points. If you have 120k data points, you need to split your four columns into eight (four plotted series), not combine them into two. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

repeating a data pattern in excel
Im using excel to run a class register for a playgroup. Each pupil is booked in for a number of days per week. To show their forecast for the year, I'm manually entering the days they're going to be present each week - is there a way to do this automatically? For example, Ben is booked in for Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays - how can I copy this weekly pattern throughout the year without manually tabbing across and ticking the relevant days? Hi, Kel. To do this manually, but easily, type the first 3 "sets". Select them all and copy down using the fill handle. You coul...

excel vba
i would like to bring up the file save as dialog box and defalut to a file type of xls.. here's what i'm using... 'i have a path and file name in Newfile NewFile = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(myfilename, "*.xls") thank you...! ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Hi try newFile = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(Initialfilename:=myfilename, _ fileFilter:="Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mjschukas wro...

Cannot close Excel #2
I cannot close ANY Excel document with the upper-right X Button. When clicking the X either nothing happens or the X greys out. When I click on "file" "exit", the "save as" window pops up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office - same results. Please help! ...

working with excel
i am using check boxs for yes and no questions,how do i simplify the size and centering them on a row and column? There are two different checkboxes--one from the controltoolbox toolbar and one from the forms toolbar. This code will fill the topleft cell with the checkbox: Option Explicit Sub testme1() Dim OLEObj As OLEObject Dim myCBX As CheckBox For Each OLEObj In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects If TypeOf OLEObj.Object Is MSForms.CheckBox Then With OLEObj .Top = .TopLeftCell.Top .Height = .TopLeftCell.Height .Wi...

Moving word documents into excel
I'm having trouble moving a word document into excel. The problem that i'm having is when i move the document to excel, some of it is not showing up on the spreedsheet. Almost all the information is all moved to the left side of the page. I'm i doing something wrong or do i have to make the adjustments my self. Please help. How are you moving the Word document into Excel? You can choose Insert>Object, and on the 'Create from File' tab, select a Word document. This would display the first page in the Word document. Deidra wrote: > I'm having trouble moving ...

Setting up test environment to test CRM 3 to CRM 4 upgrade...
So much of the planning information for and in-place up upgrade CRM 3.0 to 4.0 mentions testing the upgrade. But it really seems like an all-or-nothing deal. This scares me because we use a few 3rd party helper apps (c360, TAPI for CRM) and don't want to go through a 99 steps before realizing it hangs on the 100th. Has anyone set up a test environment to test things out, perhaps in a VM. Here's my current infrastructure (only the machines that are relevant). Server 1: CRM 3 Server running Win2003R2, SQL 2005SP2 Server 2: Exchange Server running Win2003R2, Exchange 2003, CR...

add-ins for excel 2001
Does anyone know if how to get the data-analysis add-in for excel- 2001? Do I have to upgrade to 2004 (which I had a difficult time doing) thanks- marrakech75 wrote: > Does anyone know if how to get the data-analysis add-in for excel- > 2001? Do I have to upgrade to 2004 (which I had a difficult time > doing) > thanks- Hi, The data analysis toolpak is included in the Office 2001 install disc. You can do a custom install and install just the toolpak, I think. -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP Co-author of Office 2008 for Mac All-in-One For Dummies http://tinyurl.com/Office-2008-for-...

excel 2000 #31
How do I assign a hyperlink to a tab? I wish to save my workbook as a web page with a worksheet tab called home that will return me to my home page simply by clicking the tab. I don't believe this is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "rich" <rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8141D876-E904-4E59-88FB-6B265A37DCE2@microsoft.com... > How do I assign a hyperlink to a tab? I wish to save my > workbook as a web > page with a worksheet tab called home that will return m...

TransferText / Import
I've been using DoCmd.TransferText to import a prenamed text file, however, would like to giv the user the ability to specify the file to be imported, including the ability to select multiple files to import/ append to table at once. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for your help! magmike On Sat, 1 May 2010 20:29:56 -0700 (PDT), magmike <magmike7@yahoo.com> wrote: Sure it is. Open a standard File/Open dialog to ask the user for the file name, then use that value in DoCmd.TransferText. Sample code can be found in many places, including: http://www.tek-tips.com/faq...

Links in Excel #3
I am using Excel and OSX. I can link from one workbook to another. But if I change the location of a link (for example, adding a row), I find that the object link is still looking for the old location. That is, if the subject of the link is in cell B5, and I add a row to the workbook so to that the subject of the link is now in cell B6, I find that the object of the link is still look for whatever is in B5. Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Herb, This does occur whenever you change the file that is linked to, without having the file liking to it opened as...