Importing backup messages .mbx

This is to the same issue,

what program uses .mbx files in Windows?  I can't seem to
find searchable information or support from the Microsoft
Support page on this, and the files are located on a
microsoft\identity folder. its gotta be some outlook
version. The laptop where the files were pulled is gone,
and I have no .pst files or .wab, I just have
inbox,outbox,sent items.. all .mbx.

How do I import these files to outlook?  its over 120mb
each file. Please help me..  thanks

Jose
0
sony1 (3)

Open Outlook Express,
Click File, Import, Messages, OUTLOOK EXPRESS 4, next, browse to the MBX
file location, Highlight the Outlook express folder that contains the files,
click OK, Next, Next, finish.

"Jose Lozano" <sony@ies.net> wrote in message
> This is to the same issue,
>
> what program uses .mbx files in Windows?  I can't seem to
> find searchable information or support from the Microsoft
> Support page on this, and the files are located on a
> microsoft\identity folder. its gotta be some outlook
> version. The laptop where the files were pulled is gone,
> and I have no .pst files or .wab, I just have
> inbox,outbox,sent items.. all .mbx.
>
> How do I import these files to outlook?  its over 120mb
> each file. Please help me..  thanks
>
> Jose

0
Outlooktech (112)
7/14/2003 10:52:24 PM
Cris,

i swear I've been doing that since i knew how to years
ago.. message "No messages can be found in this folder or
another application is running that has the required files
open. Please select another folder or try closing
applications that might have files open"

Files were extracted to a network directory, read-only
off..  i know we can get somewhere by doing this.. give me
any more input.  I've tried replacing the local inbox.dbx
file with the mbx, though outlook checks it and deletes it
no matter what. Where in the registry does it keep track
of that..  an inf file? ini?  in program files\outlook.

Perhaps in the Windows directory??
Im using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP

Thanks for helping

Jose

0
sony1 (3)

Importing data

Disable attachment message
We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to open attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not find it there either ? TIA Darryl You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave W...

Import and export

Importing messages #6

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

I Open email, hit Reply and it sends several emails with no message.
Hello, I open my email, hit Reply and before I can write anything it sends the email out with no message. Usually this happens twice and the third time it will wait until I write the message and click Send. I'm sure it's annoying to the person receiving this. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!! -- tms Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Are you hitting Alt-S ? That will send the email. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "tms" wrote in message news:tms.4e5n4e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... ...

About 6 messages stuck in one of our outgoing smtp queues
I hope you can help me. I'm troubleshooting an issue currently with only two users with emails that are stuck in one of our outbound smtp queues. They've been stuck in there all day and I've tried forcing the connection and also unfreezing the email to no avail. I've manually connected to the smtp connectors that we have defined and am able to send emails directly from the telnet session from the server. I've also sent one of the users an email from the destination and had her reply which she did and I received it. I have double checked the mx records...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Can I group by year or month(when message received)in my inbox?
I need to group my received mails by date and then by sender. Can I do this by year or month, or I can only do this with the exact date+time. Thanks in advance! Regards! Balint You could add a formular field that displays the year of the ReceivedDate property, but you can't group or sort by such a field. The only way is to add a custom field and fill it by using VBA code. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> ...

I get an error message "Your current security settings do not allo
I have been having this problem for several weeks now and I have not been able to get money to load properly. I have submitted this issue to MS several times and they have not responded. I get an error message "Your current security settings do not allow this file... I have tried to disable and re-install money and I still was unable to get it to work. Try resetting your Internet Explorer file settings. When you say you submitted the issue, did you raise a problem report and thus have a tracking number? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http:...

importing email

Turning off the threaded message display in Outlook Express?
How can I force Outlook Express 6 to display incoming messages sorted by the date instead of displaying message threads sorted by the date of the first message in the thread? About two days ago my Outlook Express started displaying messages in the e-mail folders in threads although I never asked for it. I would not like to miss any message by letting Outlook Express bury it among the older stuff. Fortunately, the messages are mostly stored in IMAP4 folders, so if I would be unable to force Outlook Express 6 work normally, it would be easy to switch to Mozilla Mail. "totojepast" &l...

import pdf table

Tracking Messages
I have a user who is sending messages to an external recipient but they are not getting there. How do I determine why is not getting there. They said that there is nothing wrong on there end. We can send to them using external accounts but not from our domain. I am running exchange 2003 SP2 any NDR involved? it would help to see the full/exact text of that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B77C4AAA-9048-4DD6-9CCD-CE61C085806F@microsoft.com... > I have a user who is sending messages to an external recipient ...

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

Error Message Recordsetclone
I created a database at home and it works great. When I brought it to work one of the forms when I click on one of the buttons I created gives me an error message " The Object Doesn't Contain the Automation Object Recordsetclone" - so I click OK and then it performs the task anyway. I am running the same version at home as I am at work. I know this isn't much to go on - but any ideas ? Thanks - George Is the RecordSetClone in a macro or in VBA? If it is in a macro, try lowering the Access macro security on the office computer. Does that work? If it is in VBA, post the ...