Importing a distribution list into another distribution list

I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an
existing distribution list into another existing
distribution list?  I am trying to avoid entering
individual emails into an existing distribution list.
I'd like to be able to import the entire list.
0
anonymous (74722)

Pat Speir <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an
> existing distribution list into another existing
> distribution list?  I am trying to avoid entering
> individual emails into an existing distribution list.
> I'd like to be able to import the entire list.

You can include a distribution list into anotehr distribution list.  I just
tried it.  I created a list Test1 with an address in it.  I then created a
list Test2 with another address and included Test1 as well.  I then sent a
message via Test2 and the To header included the addresses in both Test1 and
Test2.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Importing Address Books from Palm
I've got a lot of contacts from my Notes Address book (now defunct) that I exported to an old Palm III and Palm Desktop software. I naiively assumed that I could import this directly into Outlook. After over 30 minutes of searching, a solution doesn't look obvious. Any help out there? >-----Original Message----- >I've got a lot of contacts from my Notes Address book >(now defunct) that I exported to an old Palm III and Palm >Desktop software. I naiively assumed that I could import >this directly into Outlook. After over 30 minutes of >searching,...

Smart List Order By
How does the Order By in Smart List work. I set my smart list to order by 3 different columns in my report and all it does is order by the first one. let's say I want it to sort by sales person, sales territory, and tax schedule. {kind of like excel would sort) is there a special trick? Does the order by work different for those smartlists created by builder. Andrea, When I check, It is ordering by first two columns properly -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > How does the Order By in Smart List work. > >...

Importing data from Excel to Outlook
I have an excel spreadsheet with over 2500 contacts. The Spreadsheet is set up with Last Name, First Name in Column A, Full Address in Column B, Email Address in Column C. I have highlighted and defined a name for each of the columns. Each time I attempt to import the data into Outlook 2003 the importing and exporting window never completes its task. I tried to perform an import with a new excel workbook with only limited information and the same thing happens. Any ideas? I've had the same problem. First, save your file as a text file, then import into Outlook. HTH -- Since...

importing/exporting Outlook Express 6.0 Messages
Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edition: Following intruction for exporting/importing message fail! "Cannot initialize MAPI" Importing/exporting address book does not work either. Appreciate help. Thanks. Please post in an Outlook Express Group.: Microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress "joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16bf501c44845$c856ede0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook > Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edit...

Copied 4 columns from excel doc. and pasted into another excel doc
I copied 4 columns from 1 excel doc. and pasted into another excel doc. The columns are: Bates No., Date, Summary & Box No. The excel document I'm working in have the exact same columns. I was trying to have one excel file to work in. When I went to sort the Box column, I noticed it did not sort the entire table. The portion of the text I copied and pasted at the bottom of the excel doc. did not sort. Its treating the text as though it is not part of the document. How do I fix this? Excel starts at the cell the cursor is in and sorts all contiguious data.....that is, unti...

Horizontal Listing
Table Data: ID NAME 1 tom 1 dick 2 harry 3 joe 3 me 3 yourname here Each ID has 1 to 4 names. I would like the names to come out horizontally on my report but not in fixed columns: 1 tom dick 2 harry 3 joe me yourname here Please advise....is VBA the only solution? On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:48:01 -0800, Stu <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Table Data: >ID NAME >1 tom >1 dick >2 harry >3 joe >3 me >3 yourname here >Each ID has 1 to 4 names. >I would like the names to come out horizontally on m...

Marketing List: look up by company name?
Is it possible to have CRM search for contacts, leads, etc. in a marketing list (or anything else) by company name? Under Manage Members: Lookup, searching by company name does not work. Note searching on "*xxxx" may appear to lookup by company in some cases but it is really searching by the domain name on the e-mail address. - Steve Yates - ITS, Inc. - I am Pentium of Borg. Prepare to be approximated. ~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~ ...

importing data using a macro #2
I'm trying to import ten sets of data in Excel. I click on import external data and then choose a file and press next. I add a space to separate the data into two columns and then press finish. I was wondering if it would be possible to use a macro to import the data. Possibly import the first one and then have the macro import the next 9 in succession. The files I import are always in succession, but always have slightly different names. For example, the data I collect today will be saved as 718cr1, 718cr2, 718cr3, etc. The last number represents the trial number and the fir...

Can i import a WAB file into Outlook 97 ?
How can I import a 'wab' address file into Outlook 97? -- Gerry Mitas Ryemont Abbey, Leixlip, Co. Kildare Phone: 01 6104509 Fax:01 601 4716 Info@mitas.ie www.mitas.ie _______________ DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain proprietary information, and is covered by copyright. It may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. You'd have to import it into Outlook Express on that same machine first, then use Outlook Express's File | Export com...

Outlook 2003 in another language?
Hi all, I have spanish versions of Office 2003 and Exchange 2003 and there's a new fellow here that doesn�t speak spanish. Since I am only interested in Outlook I wonder if it's possible to have its english interface without having to buy anything and more important, is there any compatibility issue with the name of the folders or whatever? Thanks Better ask this question in Outlook newsgroup, they should know everything about media kits, licensing, multilanguage user interfaces etc. Also specify how you are licensed (retail or some kind of volume licensing). Ra�l Maci�n wrot...

updating a custom field in Accounts from another SQL database
Is there any safe way to update a custom field in the Accounts on CRM without using .Net programming or expensive software like Scribe. We need to update a flag custom field using info from another database. I know how to do it using ODBC link in Access to the CRM table, but I also know this is not recommended due to security in CRM. But we do not have any other options right now. Giving that this is not part of the default fields in CRM, and we are only updating not adding or deleting, are there really any issues to worry about. If so, is there another option. Thanks, Malcolm If ...

Not able to create an Activex control within another activex contr
Hi, I'm not able to create an Activex control within another activex control. ........... CAxCtrl m_obj; ................. m_obj.Create(NULL,_T("Control1"),WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE,CRect(0,0,100,50),this,1000); ( this ----> parent activex control) I'm getting an error in occcont.cpp , in this particular line TRY { m_pCtrlCont = afxOccManager->CreateContainer(this); } END_TRY Thanks ...

OAB & Members of distribution lists
Hi, if Exchange 2003 generates the Offline Address Book the Distribution lists are included. If I open a Distribution list in Outlook Adressbook I can't read the members of the list. Can I generate a OAB with the members of distribution list, I can't find some switches in the System Manager. Any ideas ? ...

Original Journal Entries window should only list GL entries.
IF GL journal entries that originate in other modules can not be corrected in the Correct Journal Entry window, then they should not appear in the Original Journal Entries lookup list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businessso...

List Box search 04-28-10
I am looking to do a little bit more of a sophisticated look up. I have a form with a list box (listCOFAMNAME) a text box (txtCOFAMNAME) and a command button (cmdSEARCH). What I want to do is have the list box populate with the Company family name and company name when the user clicks on the command button after entering a text string into the text box. Ideally the query would do a like "*" & CompanyFamilyName & like "*" search so that even if there is a partial match, it would show up in the list box. I tried use the list box wizard and modify the...

XML import and XSD Schema
Is it possible to set an xsd schema to import data in excel from an xml file? Excel "intelligent" way to import data from xml is too "smart"! We have phone numbers that begin with 0, and excel thinks that are numbers and trim the first zero. Thanks for any help Yes, but, you need Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Edition for XML support http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/technologies/xml.mspx Z�rcher See wrote: > Is it possible to set an xsd schema to import data in excel from an xml > file? > Excel "intelligent" way to import dat...

Can a PowerPoint file be imported into Publisher?
I'd like to create a report in Publisher that includes several Word documents and a large PowerPoint file (in handout format). I've tried importing the PowerPoint into Word, but the formatting options are too limited. Does anyone know if PowerPoint files can be imported into Publisher and manipulated? You could upload the PowerPoint file to the website and then create a link on your webpage for visitors could click on the link and the PowerPoint file would download and open for viewing. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Nancy C." <Nancy C.@...

Importing names
I'm trying to import names and addresses from Excel. I go thru all the steps, and at the end, it says I can't import because the excel file has no name range. I do have at the head of each column, Last Name, First Name, Address, Apt #, City State and Zip. Any solutions? Ample instructions exist online: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196743&Product=out2K -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22d201c4a94b$99da7a10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to import names an...

importing MS project gantt
how can I show 5 project tasks in a single row on excel? ...

Several installed fonts not listed
Several of our installed fonts, which show in Word and other programs, are not showing in the drop down list in publisher 2003. Any ideas what might be causing this? Appreciate it! Nancy Try changing your printer, even if you aren't printing. Make it something else and see if that makes a difference. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB22A7FA-7CEB-4CF0-8FC2-A9E2CE6ECABD@microsoft.com... > Several of our installed fonts, whi...

Make Histogram and Normal distribution.
Hi all, I have a problem. I have a set of data (from 108 people, all percentages) which I would like to put into a histogram. I can do this manually but as it is part of an Excel Tool would like to be able to do it automatically. I was wondering if anyone could help me, possibly with a macro, which will create a set of data which will give me 5% ranges (0-5, 5-10, 10-15% etc) and the number of people which fall into that category (i.e frequency) I'm hoping this will give me something ressembling a normal distribution and so I would like to know if it is possible to interpolate ...

dist. list
Hello, How do I make distribution groups show up in GAL? thanks, -st On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:18:27 +0300, "tejpal" <shitij_T@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > How do I make distribution groups show up in GAL? >thanks, >-st > In Exchange 5.5 if you create a DL then they should appear very quickly. In Exchange 2000/2003 you need to Mail Enable the DG and wait until the RUS has assigned an smtp address. It will then appear in the GAL. You will find that it appears in the All Groups section before appearing in the GAL root as well. excellent. thank you ...

transfering money files to another computer
How can I transfer my money accounts from my old computer to my new one? I tried the backup and restore method but I keep getting the "read only or write protected" message when I try the restore on the new computer. 1) moving the .MNY file directly without the intervening Backup/Restore seems less problematic. That shouldn't be how it is, but there you have it. 2) You mention nothing about the original machine's version of Money nor the new machine's. This is a conspicuous omission for this problem. Beware that Money files are VERY sensitive to application version...

How to email word lists?
How do I email words lists from excel? And I am so "new" .:confused: T -- Texas Pa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Texas Pat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3106 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50736 Can you explain more what you want to do -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Texas Pat" <Texas.Pat.22kdda_1138819805.4159@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Texas.Pat.22kdda_1138819805.4159@excelforum-nospam.com... &...

Unable to Launch Excel when trying to Import Budget
I have a Finance Manager that wants to do a import to the budget. When he attempts he receives this error: Unable to Launch Excel. But if he logs on as a Domain Admin the function works. The computer is running XP Pro, Office 2003 and Dynamics GP 9.0 The user has Admin permissions of the computer. ...