Imported Hotmail to Outlook but keeps downloading same emails

Hello

I recently installed MS Outlook and imported my hotmail, gmail contacts and
mail into Outlook.  However, every time I send/receive it downloads over 100
emails, from my hotmail account - the same emails every single time.  I've
tried deleting the hotmail account but to no avail.  same thing keeps
happening.. 182 emails downloaded upon each send/receive.  How can I stop
this - delete them from my hotmail account, which i don't really want to do,
or can i take them off the outlook server somehow?

many thanks

There isnt such a thing as an Outlook Server.
Outlook is merely a mail handler that caters for whatever email accounts you
configure in it.
Are you using the Outlook Connector in some unknown version of Outlook?

"Effy" <Effy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I recently installed MS Outlook and imported my hotmail, gmail contacts
> and
> mail into Outlook.  However, every time I send/receive it downloads over
> 100
> emails, from my hotmail account - the same emails every single time.  I've
> tried deleting the hotmail account but to no avail.  same thing keeps
> happening.. 182 emails downloaded upon each send/receive.  How can I stop
> this - delete them from my hotmail account, which i don't really want to
> do,
> or can i take them off the outlook server somehow?
>
> many thanks

0
DL
11/14/2009 5:56:39 PM
Is the option ***Leave a copy on the server*** selected by any chance

--
Peter

"Effy" <Effy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I recently installed MS Outlook and imported my hotmail, gmail contacts and
> mail into Outlook.  However, every time I send/receive it downloads over 100
> emails, from my hotmail account - the same emails every single time.  I've
> tried deleting the hotmail account but to no avail.  same thing keeps
> happening.. 182 emails downloaded upon each send/receive.  How can I stop
> this - delete them from my hotmail account, which i don't really want to do,
> or can i take them off the outlook server somehow?
>
> many thanks

0
Peter

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

categories in Outlook
There must be a way to set a default category for use in Outlook? But, I cannot find a method. Can anyone help? Eric ...

Not Receiving Email from Some Known Senders
Hi. I just got a new home PC from Dell. I am using Outlook 2003. I am also running McAfee Security Center. I am not receiving email from some senders that I know. They are not going to my Junk Email folder or my McAfee Anti-Spam folder. One sender whose email I am not receiving is my husbands. He is getting a message back from his postmaster that says "Delivery is delayed to these recipients...This message has not been delivered. Microsoft Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf." Even he sends an email to a distribution list and I am in the ...

excel 97 xml import

OUTLOOK links & pictures
My outlook received e-mails have suddenly stopped displaying pictures and links. Can anyone please help ?? ...

Export to Outlook 2010
I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You open the previous data file, but then you might mean your data is on one PC and you want to open it on a new PC? Not realy enough info "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C5E4A4-1EA0-4361-A37A-ADACC890CBC0@microsoft.com... >I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook > "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You can connect to an existing pst-file via...

Emailing worksheets in body
When I try to send a worksheet in the body of an email, i only gets options to mail recipient (for review) and mail recipient (as attachment), I no longer can just send an email with the worksheet in the body. How can I change this. I also just installed Adobe Professional 6.0 which has review features to it, I don't know if that affected my Excel or not. ...

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

IE 8 + Vista + Hotmail
Hi, getting Error on page with IE8 and Vista when loading up Hotmail. I believe it may be a windows update that is required. Could I possibly know what is needed? Error is below, Thanks. User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; InfoPath.2) Timestamp: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 05:21:15 UTC Message: Invalid character Line: 1 Char: 1 Code: 0 URI: http://js.wlxrs.com/~Live.SiteContent.ID/~15.2.13/~/~/~/~/js/WLWorkflow.js Message: Object expected Line: 19 Char: 1 Code: 0 URI: http://login.live.co...

OutLook 2003 #38
Anyone out there using outlook 2003. I seem to have a problem and not sure why. In the Junkmail Options if you select Safe Lists Only it should only allow items in your lists or in contacts. Well, it lets all mail through even the just mail... Anyone else having this problem? -Mark ...

Importing Dynamic data

outlook attachment question
she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the body, as opposed to being an attachment Switch to HTML or Plain Text format; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "nat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2015401c45872$8ac3cba0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the > body, as opposed to being an attachment ...

Importing a CSV file

Outlook 2003 send fine, but does not recieve
I have Outlook 2003 installed and at least twice a day, I get the following error message: Task 'Comcast Email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I have tried ending all processes other than Outlook, with no change. I have tried rebooting with no change. Sometimes it is when I first open Outlook, and sometimes it happens after I have had it open a while. I have talked to Comcast and they do not have any resolution for th...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

I Open email, hit Reply and it sends several emails with no message.
Hello, I open my email, hit Reply and before I can write anything it sends the email out with no message. Usually this happens twice and the third time it will wait until I write the message and click Send. I'm sure it's annoying to the person receiving this. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!! -- tms Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Are you hitting Alt-S ? That will send the email. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "tms" wrote in message news:tms.4e5n4e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... ...

Outlook Crashing!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3689E.34052620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, My Outlook just started crashing whenever I click on the "Find a = Contact" drop down on the standard toolbar. This is very inconvenient, = since I use this quite often. Any reason and/or fix for this? --=20 Thanks for any help, Craig S. Force Design, Inc. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3689E.34052620 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodin...

importing email