Import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?

Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?

I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and would
like to import these messages into Outlook 2003.  When I click File | Import
and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two options:

  Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x
  Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x

I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express 6
SP1.  In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I
tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX mail
files from Mozilla 1.5 Mail.  None of these options imported the Mozilla 1.5
Mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1.  I even searched through the
Microsoft Knowledge Base, Tomsterdam.com (http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/)
and Slipstick (http://www.slipstick.com/) without success of finding a
solution.

0
Mark

Slipstick should have instructions - I think you need to move it into Eudora
or Netscape, import into OE and then export to Outlook.

http://www.slipstick.com/config/convmsg.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Mark" <mark@techaholic-dot-net> wrote in message
> Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?
>
> I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and
> would
> like to import these messages into Outlook 2003.  When I click File |
> Import
> and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two
>
>  Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x
>  Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x
>
> I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express 6
> SP1.  In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I
> tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX
> mail
> files from Mozilla 1.5 Mail.  None of these options imported the Mozilla
> 1.5
> Mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1.  I even searched through the
> Microsoft Knowledge Base, Tomsterdam.com (http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/)
> and Slipstick (http://www.slipstick.com/) without success of finding a
> solution.

0
dianenws (1904)
1/4/2004 7:46:44 PM
What a tedious and time consuming method!

I may just use an IMAP account to convert the messages.  I hoped to find an
easier way to do this, but I guess that is not possible.

Thanks.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> Slipstick should have instructions - I think you need to move it into
Eudora
> or Netscape, import into OE and then export to Outlook.
>
> http://www.slipstick.com/config/convmsg.htm
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

> "Mark" <mark@techaholic-dot-net> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?
> >
> > I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and
> > would
> > like to import these messages into Outlook 2003.  When I click File |
> > Import
> > and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two
> >
> >  Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x
> >  Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x
> >
> > I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express
6
> > SP1.  In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I
> > tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX
> > mail
> > files from Mozilla 1.5 Mail.  None of these options imported the Mozilla
> > 1.5
> > Mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1.  I even searched through the
> > Microsoft Knowledge Base, Tomsterdam.com
(http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/)
> > and Slipstick (http://www.slipstick.com/) without success of finding a
> > solution.

0
Mark

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

OUTLOOK links & pictures
My outlook received e-mails have suddenly stopped displaying pictures and links. Can anyone please help ?? ...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

Cannot send internet mail... HELP!!!
I have a new install of Windows 2003 with a 120 day version of Exchange 2003.I can recieve email from any domain but I can only send mail internaly. The machine is public, no firewall. I have no DNS errors. I can connect via telnet to my mail server at home as well as connect via telnet from my home server to the 2003 server. the mail stuck in the queue say "The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt." I have spent a week trying to get this fixed. All my experince is with 5.5 and this is making want to stick with that. Any hlep would be greatly appreciated. ...

Export to Outlook 2010
I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You open the previous data file, but then you might mean your data is on one PC and you want to open it on a new PC? Not realy enough info "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C5E4A4-1EA0-4361-A37A-ADACC890CBC0@microsoft.com... >I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook > "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You can connect to an existing pst-file via...

2000: All SMTP Mail Going Via Exchange Instead
I have been successfully using Outlook 2000 to send via multiple accounts, including the in-house Exchange server and multiple outside SMTP servers, for years, via the Services option. Yesterday, suddenly, this no longer works. Now, if I'm logged into the Exchange server and have my incoming mail directed to my Exchange Inbox as usual, all outgoing SMTP mail is sent via the Exchange server no matter which SMTP service I have at the top of the Services --> Delivery tab. If I'm not logged into the Exchange server, or I have mail going into a different mailbox, the SMTP servers work...

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Importing Dynamic data

outlook attachment question
she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the body, as opposed to being an attachment Switch to HTML or Plain Text format; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "nat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2015401c45872$8ac3cba0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the > body, as opposed to being an attachment ...

Importing a CSV file

Outlook 2003 send fine, but does not recieve
I have Outlook 2003 installed and at least twice a day, I get the following error message: Task 'Comcast Email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I have tried ending all processes other than Outlook, with no change. I have tried rebooting with no change. Sometimes it is when I first open Outlook, and sometimes it happens after I have had it open a while. I have talked to Comcast and they do not have any resolution for th...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

mail Groups
....is there a way to just show today and maybe yesterday in my inbox rather than a week ago , 2 weeks ago , 3 weeks ago et cetera Depends on your version, but try View, Arrange by, deselect Show in Groups. "russell sullivan" wrote: > ....is there a way to just show today and maybe yesterday in my inbox rather > than a week ago , 2 weeks ago , 3 weeks ago et cetera > > > You can filter the view to show mostly whatever you like. Try (for Outlook 2003) View | Arrange By | Current View | Customize Current View .... Select Filter and use the advanced tab. Yo...

Outlook Crashing!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3689E.34052620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, My Outlook just started crashing whenever I click on the "Find a = Contact" drop down on the standard toolbar. This is very inconvenient, = since I use this quite often. Any reason and/or fix for this? --=20 Thanks for any help, Craig S. Force Design, Inc. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3689E.34052620 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodin...

File Size
Please note that this is not your typical file size question. I have a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file that varies in size from 15-100Mb depending on how much data I populate it with. Every day, in order to email this file out, I alter it by doing the following: Select all tabs (11 in all). Select all cells Copy/Paste Values Delete 5 of the tabs Save as a new Excel Workbook (not macro enabled) The new file size is now roughly 600Kb. However, all of a sudden, the changed file is about 2Mb. I made sure to delete all the excess rows/columns. I deleted the one macro that I h...

importing email