Import pst file from Outlook til OE 6.0?

I'm trying to import pst files from Outlook til Outlook xpress 6.0.

I get the message "can not import from the MAPI client..."

--
Regards
Gjermund

Unless you also have Outlook on that machine, you won't be able to import
the PST files.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza

"Gjermund A. Bjordal" <gjermund.bjordal@online.no> wrote in message
> I'm trying to import pst files from Outlook til Outlook xpress 6.0.
>
> I get the message "can not import from the MAPI client..."
>

> --
> Regards
> Gjermund

0
patriciac (522)
8/4/2004 8:17:55 PM
Thanks!

Is there an other way for me to read my pst files?  I do not have Outlook on
this computer for the moment.

/Gj

"Patricia Cardoza [Outlook MVP]" <patriciac@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Unless you also have Outlook on that machine, you won't be able to import
> the PST files.
>
> --
> Patricia Cardoza
> Outlook MVP
> Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
> Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
> Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003
>
> http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza
>
> "Gjermund A. Bjordal" <gjermund.bjordal@online.no> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to import pst files from Outlook til Outlook xpress 6.0.
> >
> > I get the message "can not import from the MAPI client..."
> >

> > --
> > Regards
> > Gjermund

Gjermund A. Bjordal <gjermund.bjordal@online.no> wrote:

> Is there an other way for me to read my pst files?  I do not have
> Outlook on this computer for the moment.

The only program that can read Outlook files is Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman
0

/Gj

> Gjermund A. Bjordal <gjermund.bjordal@online.no> wrote:
>
> > Is there an other way for me to read my pst files?  I do not have
> > Outlook on this computer for the moment.
>
> The only program that can read Outlook files is Outlook.
> --
> Brian Tillman

outlook #273
Hi, Perhaps you could help me. When Outlook is open, I have a constant annoying message with following title: Enter Network Password which is popping out. It said: Please type your user name and password. I did several times, did put a check mark on "Save this password in your password list". This tiny window keeps coming. How can I stop that invasion for good? Thank you. Sincerely, -- brittany What version of Outlook are you using? "kermor" <kermor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D25CFC1-A1DF-4D33-93C8-5E12307EB88C@microsoft.com... > H...

Outlook and 2003 mail server
We're a small startup company currently with 14 people. We are in a Workgroup and we do not have a domain. Our regular email is outsourced. I've setup a Windows 2003 mail server for Internal only email that we don't want going out to our provider. Outlook XP will not send a message to it. The profile I setup tests correctly and I get the email back saying it's setup correctly. Outlook Express works perfectly in every way. You can send and receive email. I'm trying to find out why this is so and if there is anyway to get Outlook to work on this system. Thank you, To...

Formula error since 10.5.6 update ...
Hi, I have been working with a spreadsheet for years without any problem of this sort. Since my recent 10.5.6 upgrade a part of a formula does not return a correct result. My problem seems to be related to the incorrect result of this part of my formula: TEXTE($N$5;"dd-mm-yy"). In this example, N5 is equal to "31-10-09". This formula should return : 31-10-09 It returns "dd-10- yy". Funny, the "31" is replaced by "dd" and "09" by "yy", while the month number is correct. Any idea with this is all about ? ...

Outlook 2007 pst to Windows Mail
Has anyone tried importing mail from Outlook 2007 to Windows Mail? I tried to move one of my POP accounts onto Windows Mail and all my old mail is imported as Chinese characters. The header information under mail-properties is perfect, but somehow the content of the email is all Chinese characters. Has anyone cured this???? Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 #103
Hi - I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5 and have Outlook set in cached mode. I noticed with the heavy onslaught of viruses lately that once in a while one will sneak through and then dissappear all of a sudden. Is there a risk to the virus being opened at this point? We have NAV for Exchange running and this is only happening in Outlook 2003 Cached Mode. Thanks, Joe ...

Outlook 2002 PST file is kaput what to do ?
My Outlook 2002 .PST file seesm to have been corrupted badly... (I am using W2k SP4) I can't delete it, attmepting to do so only crashes Windows Explorer, even coming at the .PST file from another PC on the network does the same thing, hangs their XP Explorer, running SCANPST on it simpily brings up "unknown error" from SNCPST. Opening OOTLOOK simpily brings up a message that it is unable to open my PST file as it is in use. I can't delete the file to restore it from a backup as attempting to do so simpily hangs Explorer every time. I tried deleting it from the CLI ...

Recovering Outlook Contacts After Windows Reinstallation
Hi, I am running XP SP3 and Outlook 2007. After reinstalling XP I realized that I forgot to backup my contacts. I thought I should be looking for a ..pst file. When I recovered outlook.pst and inserted it into c:\documents and settings\userprofile\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook and then opened outlook, I got a message saying that the .pst file is not a personal folders file. Please help. Thank you. Why are you reposting the same question instead of reading the reply to your earlier post? Do you need help using newsgroups? -- Russ Valentine "a...

How to obtain file pointer and file name in Serialize()?
I am using Serialize() method in my DOC to open a file. 1) How can I retrieve the file pointer? and 2) How can I obtain the full path file name of the file being opened? Thank you. If you have implemented Serialize() properly , the method should be passed a CArchive parameter: void CMyObject::Serialize( CArchive& archive ); You can then just use: const CFile* fp = archive.GetFile(); and the CFile* result has member functions fp->GetFileName(); fp->GetFilePath(); cffung@myrealbox.com (CFF) wrote in message news:<2560187f.0408091936.1a1ed05b@posting.google.com>... >...

Reminders stopped working when data files were moved
My data files were moved from one server to another and then the reminders, for both tasks and calender ceased to work. Is there something about moving the files that can cause this? thanks John First thing to try is to open Outlook once with the /cleanreminders command line switch to see if it helps. Check out this article for more info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286166/en-us "Spider" <spiderspoon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jpvPf.967$dy4.78@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > My data files were moved from one server to another and then the > reminde...

outlook subject display ???? instead japanese chraracters
outlook subject display ???? instead japanese chraracters, I have windows XPP, Oficce XP with SP3, but I tried to open outlook and all e-mails that the subject was written in Japanese appear the sign ??????? Thanks Santiago Santiago <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > outlook subject display ???? instead japanese > chraracters, I have windows XPP, Oficce XP with SP3, but > I tried to open outlook and all e-mails that the subject > was written in Japanese appear the sign ??????? Five seconds at http://support.microsoft.com/ using a search string of "subj...

I'm having problem open up Excel files
I'm having problem open Excel files (Using Office 97) by double clicking the excel file icon. I'm getting a message say "Windows cannot find C:\windows\destop\test.xls, you may have typed the name incorrectly in the Run dialog, or another open program cannot find a system file. To search for a file, click the start vutton, and then click search" "OK button". I have tried to create a new excel file and save it in another dirctory and try to reopen the file by double clicking the file icon. The above message pops up. I have also tried upgrade to Office 2000...

Outlook 2000 Account Settings keep changing.
We use Comcast Email and Outlook 2000 on one Win98 and many Win2k and WinXP PCs. The Win98 machine does this all the time, and now a Win2k machine has done this. Email works fine, then fails to connect. I check the Account settings and on the Servers tab the Incoming Mail settings will say Localhost. When I change it to mail.????.com Outlook works fine. Days, maybe weeks go by and email fails to connect again. Sometimes the Incoming Mail setting will have reverted back to Localhost again and the change mentioned will fix it again. Other times it will still be mail.????.com and changing to Lo...

Can't open file in email & explorer, but excel opens
When I double click on a file in email or explorer, excel will open but the file will not. This just started recently. Hi ralegr Try Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>Run "...

Outlook License
I got a copy of Outlook 2002 with my HP PDA. Initially i loaded the program to my LAPTOP and registered the product. Later I loaded the program to a new DESKTOP computer, but I have been getting a message that says "I have not activated my copy of the software and that it will run only 5 more times. Upon trying to activate the product using internet, i get an error that states that I have already activated this product on another computer. Do I need to uninstall outlook from the laptop before I can use it on the desktop? If so, how do I de- activateisable the product on the lapt...

registry for outlook options
Excuse me, can everyone know what's the exact registry position for the functions? i'm using a outlook 2000. Under Tools > Options > Mail. there is a button Use "word editor as a text editor". it can be used before. but currently, it's disabled and dim. i can't change its options. how can i make it active undim and enable it. i know it may need to change the registry. Many Thanks, DDT taitamhk@yahoo.com.hk Do you have Word 2000 installed? Other versions of Word won't work as e-mail editor for Outlook 2000. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Re...

Outlook 2003 Sending
The first time I saw this it scared the hell out of me. In the statu tray, my newly installed Outlook 2003 ocassionally displays that it i sending message 1 of 28942, or some other huge number. I check my sen items folder and no messages have, in fact, been sent. Yet thi display shows up regularly. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook 2003 Automaticly Shuts down computer
Help! Everytime I have Outlook open more than 10mis it shuts down the computer. I then have to reboot to turn the computer back on. Please help, Are there any errors? Did you look in the event log for errors? (control panel, administration tools) Do you use an up-to-date AV scanner? Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

file not found
Launching Great Plains 8 from Citrix , can login ok but during initialization receive message window "Run Application Error" File Not Found:""GP8" "True" "VNAGPTEST" "VNA" "currym" "vnatexas"" allows us to click OK and application seems to work normally. Please advise. Thank you Mark currym@vnatexas.org Can you provide the properties of the Citrix icon you are using? It sounds like either there's something wrong with how the app was published or it's trying to find a dictionary. If you can look...

How to open files from Publisher 2000 in Publisher 2003
My new computer has MS Office 2003 installed. My previous computer had Office 2000. When I try to open some (not all) of my transferred publisher files it won't allow me to. Can someone please help me with this rather frustrating situation. Thank you If you have Norton, disable "script blocking", in Norton options, disable "Office Plug-ins" as well. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maggie Stanley" <Maggie Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17401A30-8F9...

How to change the date format from import link?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change the date format from import link? when I import the external link into excel, the some date format will switch from dd-mm-yy to mm-dd-yy, but some does not. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to control the date format from import link? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric http://www.hkex.com.hk/eng/prod/drprod/hkifo/tradcalend_1.htm When you are putting data of that type into Excel, you need to make sure that the order of the date format agrees with what you have specified as the order in Windows Regional Options (...

Save single sheet from XLS file as HTML
I have an Excel workbook (XLS file), that has three sheets inside, and I want to save one of these sheets as HTML file. How to do it in a few simple steps? When I'm trying to save it, Excel always saves ALL sheets, with HTML frames etc. I only want to save ONE of these sheets, without anything else. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance! When you click File>Save As and choose to save as a Web Page, you are given two options:- Entire Workbook or Selection: Sheet. Choose Sheet. "Tomasz Klim" wrote: > I have an Excel workbook (XLS file), that has three sheets in...

how to copy email msg file from Outlook 2003 laptop to Outlook 2002 laptop?
I have two laptops on a home network. One runs XP pro 2002 sp2 with Office 2003. the other runs Home XP 2002 sp2 with Outlook 2002. I don't have sync software. So, I'm just trying to munally sync a few messages. I'd like to copy individual .msg files from one to the other. I can copy messages from the outlook 2002 maching to outlook 2003 machine by just dragging and dropping email messages via the network shared folders. However, I cannot copy messages going the other way, from 2003 to 2002. I just get an error message box saying "Can't copy the items". ...

Outlook Tempremental When Connecting!
Hello. Has anyone experienced this problem before... When I try and connect to get new email, Outlook keeps making the password and username box pop-up, even though it is on the setting to remember it? It often does this for me, and even if you type the correct password it keeps popping up over and over. I run PopFile, but it always did this before I had PopFile anyway. It seems to be some sort of bug with the program. Sometimes if you go into the account setting and re-enter the password, and then go back and connect it will do it, but other times you have to completely exit the program...

clear Archive Attribute of source file on Save As action
When I open a document and do a "Save As" to create a new spreadsheet, the archive attribute is set on the original source file I opened, even though I never saved the original file. Is there any way to stop this behavior ?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not that I know of. Maybe you could use windows explorer to copy to a new name first, then open that copy. Another method that worked for me (win98/xl2002) is to do File|Open, select my f...

Multiple exchange server accounts: Outlook 2003
I have 3 different accounts at work using a LAN and exchange server. I have configured Outlook 2003 so that I can read the emails that are sent to the respective inboxes of the different accounts. But when I send an email, it always sends it out of the default account. Is there a way that I can send emails from each of the respective accounts so that the recipients receive the email from the account that I sent it out of? Thanks Joe Yes, but you will need to assign yourself Send As permissions on the other (non-default) accounts (see 281208 XADM: How to Grant a User "Send As&qu...