Import problem #2

In trying to import an old .pst backup into Outlook 2003 from a CD I get an
error that denies me access to those files.  I'm pretty sure I specified no
encryption (and no compression) when I created the backup, and I didn't set
a password.  The backup may have been created using Office 2000, but I don't
see what difference that should make.

So why can't I get into my own files?  TIA for any help.

Tom S

0
toms6037 (1)

In news:Q_O2g.4927$Lm5.2978@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com,
Tom S <toms@pacbell.net> typed:
> In trying to import an old .pst backup into Outlook 2003 from a CD I
> get an error that denies me access to those files.  I'm pretty sure I
> specified no encryption (and no compression) when I created the
> backup, and I didn't set a password.  The backup may have been
> created using Office 2000, but I don't see what difference that
> should make.
> So why can't I get into my own files?  TIA for any help.
>
> Tom S

Do not import.
Copy the PST file to your hard drive and remove the read-only attribute, and
then open it using file |open | outlook data file.

[Outlook needs full read/write access to the PST files]

0
lanwench (7567)

Permissions problem
I have been having a weird problem lately. I Have OL2003 upgraded from 2002 and I sync with AS3.7.1 I also have a programm called Neo that looks-up email messages and filters them. For the past two months every time I run either AS or Neo and OL is open I get an error and OL shuts down. I cannot open it again as long as one of these programs is working. Sync doesn't work and NEo does not have acess to the data until I restart it when OL is closed. Same for AS, Will not sync if OL is open. How can I allow these programs to to have permissions to OL? -- (�`�.��.���`�.��.->YmK<-.��....

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Problems comming with change of Windows OS versions
Hi all, I work on MFC ,Dialog based applications........ when I develop an application and test it ,frequently I am facing one problem...It is the applications are working fine in one Windows OS version( consider XP) but if I test it another Windows OS version like( 98,2k,XPSP2)..there are some problems(like not underlining the shortcut keys,images not getting displayed..etc ) which are comming in that particular OS version only.... I want to know the reason behind this.....why is it working fine in one OS & not in other...?? I have clearly checked that the commands are g...

excel 97 xml import

Problem with displaying images in forms
I have a problem with Microsoft Access 2007: there is a possibility to insert a picture into OLE Object field in Forms. However, it does not work: whenever I insert an image into OLE field in forms, it does not insert an image, but an icon of it, a Package. I did not check the field to insert icon: I want to have an image. But I always get an icon. Do you know how to make Access to display actual images instead of icons? I use Office 2007 on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. I tried also Access 2010 beta--the problem occurs there too. Use an UNbound object frame. -- Milton Purd...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

PUBLISHER TEXT BOX PROBLEMS
HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE? I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK. Three steps are needed. #1 Replace or fix your keyboard so it isn't stuck on Caps Lock. #2 Select the text frame and then color it black. #3 With the text frame selected, use Ctrl-A to highlight all text and click on the text color icon to choose white. -- Ron "cataloguemaker" <cataloguemaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF0C9F-1FE2-4A76-9431-CCB37FFCFF68@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND ...

Need help with exel database #2
I have a database in exel with names, addresses and other information. I have a pre-written letter that I want to send out to each of the names in the database. My question is if I can somehow have exel automatically create a seperate letter in Word for each Name in the database and have the correct data go into the correct fields in the pre-written letter. Is that possible? Thanks for any input. Look at Mail Merge in MS Word and your worksheet as the data source "john2004" wrote: > I have a database in exel with names, addresses and other information. I > have a ...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Create pivot table from 2 worksheets
How do I create 1 pivot table that draws data from 2 worksheets? -- MichaelKoh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MichaelKoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22956 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480774 You can create a pivot table from data on separate sheets (multiple consolidation ranges), but the results may not be exactly what you want. There's more information here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html MichaelKoh wrote: > How do I create 1 pivot ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Problem with a stored procedure called from Dexterity
I’ve a trigger called from Startup procedure thus: R = Trigger_RegisterDatabase(anonymous(table SY_ResourceActivity), form POP_PO_Entry, TRIGGER_ON_DB_DELETE, script POP_Trigger_Aprueba_OC); if R<>SY_NOERR then warning "POP_Aprueba_OC"; end if; My POP_Aprueba_OC trigger is: inout anonymous table SY_ResourceActivity; local long sproc_Status; if 'User ID' of table SY_ResourceActivity = 'User ID' of globals then if 'Rule ID' of table SY_ResourceActivity = 1001 then call ICONPOP_ApruebaOC, sproc_Status, '...

"Enter Network Password" Problem
I have posted before in this group and received the suggestion to check out: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684 and I did this and followed every step to try to resolve the problem of Outlook wanting me to enter my password every time I open the program and then every few minutes after that. I've even tried uninstalling the entire Outlook program and reinstalling, removing my email account and then adding it as a new one. The problem does not seem to be with Gmail, my email account. When I try to edit the registry to remove the information, there is nothing under the Protected Stor...

RMS 2.0 / Pccharge / Debit module / Ingenico 6550
Has anyone been able to get the Ingenico 6550 to work with Pccharge debit module? I'm able to do credit card transactions but I'm having trouble getting the 6550 to do debit. I did purchase the RMS debit module from Verifone and install it. The message I get when I try a debit transaction is: " PCcharge debit configuration information is missing - please configure and perform debit transaction again" I believe I've installed it correctly but from the message I must be missing something. I know that RMS supports the 6550 but I believe its only if you use the bui...

Relay Problem #3
My exchange 5.5 SP4 server is/was an open relay. I went in and told it to never reroute smtp mail, and now none of my email boxes can get mail delivered to it. What should I do? One of my clients running Exchange 5.5 was running a Open Relay. You can tell this by opening up and telneting into port 25 and seeing if you can send mail through that port. If you get a blocked message you are not running an open relay, if you can relay a message through your exchange server then I followed a webpage on microsoft on securing exchange 5.5. I remember that it had to do with locking down who yo...

importing email

import pdf table

Excel 2003