Import Messages from Outlook Express 6

Hi,
I would like some advice on importing messages that are
currently on a Win98se machine running OE 6 into an XP
Pro machine running Outlook 2003,
Thanks, any help greatly appriciated,
Ed
0
anonymous (74717)

> Hi,
> I would like some advice on importing messages that are
> currently on a Win98se machine running OE 6 into an XP
> Pro machine running Outlook 2003,
> Thanks, any help greatly appriciated,
> Ed

Go here to backup your old OE:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm
Import the files into OE on the NEW machine and then either in OE export to
Outlook or import from OE within Outlook.

HTH

0
me9 (928)

Importing data

Disable attachment message
We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to open attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not find it there either ? TIA Darryl You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave W...

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Outlook 2003
We have a small office of just six users who are all on Office 2003. When the Message settings on a message are set to an Importance of Low or High, the recipient gets the message with a Normal Importance. The same thing is happening with the sensitivity settings. However, when using my personal laptop, these settings work on both sending and receiving, using the same network connection as the machines in the office. Any ideas? ...

Welcome Message
Hi, I have a user who receives the Outlook Welcome Message everytime they open Outlook. How can i stop the message from appearing? Thanks, Jen see below: From: Outlook 2003 Team [mailto:olteam@Microsoft.com] Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:32 PM To: New Outlook User Subject: Welcome to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Thank you for using Microsoft� Office Outlook� 2003! This version of Outlook includes new capabilities designed to help you access, prioritize, and act on communications and information so that you may use your time more efficiently and more easily manage the ever-incre...

OUTLOOK links & pictures
My outlook received e-mails have suddenly stopped displaying pictures and links. Can anyone please help ?? ...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

Export to Outlook 2010
I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You open the previous data file, but then you might mean your data is on one PC and you want to open it on a new PC? Not realy enough info "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C5E4A4-1EA0-4361-A37A-ADACC890CBC0@microsoft.com... >I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook > "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You can connect to an existing pst-file via...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

outlook attachment question
she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the body, as opposed to being an attachment Switch to HTML or Plain Text format; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "nat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2015401c45872$8ac3cba0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the > body, as opposed to being an attachment ...

I Open email, hit Reply and it sends several emails with no message.
Hello, I open my email, hit Reply and before I can write anything it sends the email out with no message. Usually this happens twice and the third time it will wait until I write the message and click Send. I'm sure it's annoying to the person receiving this. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!! -- tms Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Are you hitting Alt-S ? That will send the email. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "tms" wrote in message news:tms.4e5n4e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Outlook 2003 send fine, but does not recieve
I have Outlook 2003 installed and at least twice a day, I get the following error message: Task 'Comcast Email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I have tried ending all processes other than Outlook, with no change. I have tried rebooting with no change. Sometimes it is when I first open Outlook, and sometimes it happens after I have had it open a while. I have talked to Comcast and they do not have any resolution for th...

About 6 messages stuck in one of our outgoing smtp queues
I hope you can help me. I'm troubleshooting an issue currently with only two users with emails that are stuck in one of our outbound smtp queues. They've been stuck in there all day and I've tried forcing the connection and also unfreezing the email to no avail. I've manually connected to the smtp connectors that we have defined and am able to send emails directly from the telnet session from the server. I've also sent one of the users an email from the destination and had her reply which she did and I received it. I have double checked the mx records...

Outlook Crashing!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3689E.34052620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, My Outlook just started crashing whenever I click on the "Find a = Contact" drop down on the standard toolbar. This is very inconvenient, = since I use this quite often. Any reason and/or fix for this? --=20 Thanks for any help, Craig S. Force Design, Inc. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3689E.34052620 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodin...

Can I group by year or month(when message received)in my inbox?
I need to group my received mails by date and then by sender. Can I do this by year or month, or I can only do this with the exact date+time. Thanks in advance! Regards! Balint You could add a formular field that displays the year of the ReceivedDate property, but you can't group or sort by such a field. The only way is to add a custom field and fill it by using VBA code. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> ...

importing email