import groups from xls

In outlook 20000, If I have an excel spreadsheet with First, Last and email
address for 50 people, can I import it as a group into outlook?

--
http://QLiner.com

Authority does not make you a leader It gives you the opportunity to be
one. - Anonymous

0
craig7161 (7)

You can import it into your Contacts folder. You'd still have to then either
create a distribution list manually or add each of these 50 people to the To
or BCC field for an email message.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003
Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***
"Cnews-ms" <craig@nospam.net> wrote in message

> In outlook 20000, If I have an excel spreadsheet with First, Last and
email
> address for 50 people, can I import it as a group into outlook?
>

> --
> http://QLiner.com
>
> Authority does not make you a leader It gives you the opportunity to be
> one. - Anonymous

0
patriciac (522)
4/22/2004 11:28:52 PM
Oh, and to import it, select Import and Export from the File menu. The
wizard will walk you through it.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP
www.cardozasolutions.com

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003
Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***
"Cnews-ms" <craig@nospam.net> wrote in message

> In outlook 20000, If I have an excel spreadsheet with First, Last and
email
> address for 50 people, can I import it as a group into outlook?
>

> --
> http://QLiner.com
>
> Authority does not make you a leader It gives you the opportunity to be
> one. - Anonymous

0
patriciac (522)

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Send from Distribution Group
Hi, I have setup a distribution group with certain users as members of, so all emails with the email address for the dist group goes to these users. When I send from on one of the members' PCs and select the distribution group as the from field, it returns an email back saying this user 'doesnt have permission to send from this user'. I can change this sort of permission on AD users by selecting the users to allow mails to be send on behalf of, but nothing in Dist groups. If I give the user admin rights to the network then they can send from the dist group. But they cant h...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

how to add controls to a group control in mfc?
Hii .. I have a really simple question, Im trying to add some controls (e.g edit boxes and radio buttons) to a group box in MFC in visual studio 2003. What I want is that in the Dialog editor when I move the group box with my mouse, all the controls inside the group box move along with it too. Also I want to enable / disable all the controls inside the group box on the fly by just enabling/disabling the groupbox Is it possible to do that? Thanks Arfeen arfeengodil@gmail.com wrote: > Hii .. > > I have a really simple question, Im trying to add some controls (e.g > edit boxes an...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Move Public Fldr DB to new Storage Group
Hi, I'm hoping that I can do this.... When our new Exchange 2007 server was set up, the public folder database was left in the default first storage group. As we're evolving with this installation, we see a need to move the public folder database to a different storage group. Some things I've read lead me to beleive that it may not be possible. So I have 2 questions: 1) Is it possible to move the public folder database to another storage group? and 2) If it is possible, how? TIA Chris On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:17:02 -0700, CCerer <CCerer@discussions.microsoft.c...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

mail Groups
....is there a way to just show today and maybe yesterday in my inbox rather than a week ago , 2 weeks ago , 3 weeks ago et cetera Depends on your version, but try View, Arrange by, deselect Show in Groups. "russell sullivan" wrote: > ....is there a way to just show today and maybe yesterday in my inbox rather > than a week ago , 2 weeks ago , 3 weeks ago et cetera > > > You can filter the view to show mostly whatever you like. Try (for Outlook 2003) View | Arrange By | Current View | Customize Current View .... Select Filter and use the advanced tab. Yo...

importing email

import pdf table

Subselect in a grouping query
I have the following SELECT...GROUP BY code that is giving me the error "Column 'dbo.PayChecks.CheckID' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause." which I understand but not sure how to fix it. In this query I want to get a total of a column (GrossPay) from a related Timesheet table. I have done this before in a non-grouped query. Any help is appreciated. SELECT C.PeopleLinkID, MIN(P.LastName) AS LastName, MIN(P.FirstName) AS FirstName, D.DedCode, SUM(D.DedAmount) AS D...

PIVOT
Hi experts, I want to enable users with few knowledge of pivot techniques to change the grouping of a pivot chart resp. the underlying pivot table. The idea is, to have a changeable cell value beneath the chart to enter the group (groups of 2, 4, 6, 5, etc...). The associated pivot table shall change it's groupings accordingly, thus forces to change the associated chart. Any idea, how to achieve this? Thanks and have a nice day Michael Hi, What kind of groupings are we talking about when we say 2, 4, 6, 5? What is being grouped and how? What fields, row fields, more than one row fie...

Can I group by year or month(when message received)in my inbox?
I need to group my received mails by date and then by sender. Can I do this by year or month, or I can only do this with the exact date+time. Thanks in advance! Regards! Balint You could add a formular field that displays the year of the ReceivedDate property, but you can't group or sort by such a field. The only way is to add a custom field and fill it by using VBA code. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> ...

grouping by program
Hello, I have the "Group Similar Taskbar Buttons" option checked. However, it doesn't seem to work for new mail messages. The new message window does not open right next to my Outlook Inbox...it opens as the next application in the taskbar. Not a big deal, but just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Thanks. Dan ...

Excel 2003

Field missing upon XML import

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...