Import / date questions

Hi

I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted
from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then
imported into Outlook2003.  All has worked fine ish-  but a lot of
messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time.  If I
select the "sent" field that is correct.  Is there anyway to reset the
date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the
difference between the Sent field and the received field ?

Thanks

0
woodyuk1 (4)

Hi

Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct.  Its when
I did the import into Outlook2003 from Outlook Express that it messed
up the recieved date.

Thanks

0
woodyuk1 (4)
2/18/2005 6:31:16 PM
Woody UK <woodyuk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted
> from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then
> imported into Outlook2003.  All has worked fine ish-  but a lot of
> messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time.

That's the result of importing them from OE with OL.  Next time, export them
from OE into OL and you'll preserve the received date.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/18/2005 10:09:33 PM
Genius! ;-) Thanks ... worked a treat.

Also do you know a way to extract all attachments and replace with a
file link that its freeware ?

Thanks

0
woodyuk1 (4)
2/19/2005 1:29:07 AM
woodyuk <woodyuk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also do you know a way to extract all attachments and replace with a
> file link that its freeware ?

Nope, but see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm for some
tools that can help with attachments.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Date conversion
I am trying to separate dates and times in a spreadsheet through right and left formulas. After using these two formulas, Im getting my date answer in the format of 40,104, etc., and the time format in a similar format. I have tried changing the format on this and all other methods I can come up with, but nothing seems to work for me. Anybody have a suggestion on how to make the dates and times show up in their original format/ -- pete Assume that you are having the below value in A1 cell. A1 40,104 B1 cell =TEXT(A1,"DD/MM/YYYY") It will return the resu...

Subtracting dates?? AGRRRRRRRRR!!!
I am subtracting 2 dates. To keep in simple, I am just subtracting th dates in 2 cells as I am having trouble with datedif. Anyways, when enter the formula, =sum(a1-a2), it does the trick, but, before I hav entered the dates I want the difference in, it put a number like -3820 in the cell. How can I get Excel to just leave the cell blank until enter a date? Once again, thanks in advance. Miles Ree -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http:/...

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

SumProduct using Date Range
I need to sum a values using multiple criteria and a date range. Example - I need to sum the total amount of all investors that have an "N" in the n/e column, are in a specified region, in a specified fund, and are between the dates of 2/1/2010 through 3/1/10. Can't seem to get this to work? Any help is greatly appreciated. n/e Inv Date Investors Amount Fund Region E 2/1/2010 Client 1 $250,000 1 Asia E 2/1/2010 Client 2 $20,000 2 North America N 2/1/2010 Client 3 $14,000 4 North America N 2/1/2...

excel 97 xml import

Investmnet transactions by tx date vs. settlement date?
When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon the settlement date rather than the transaction date. This can confuse me as the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes seems like more). Is there a way to set the default to record and track transactions by the trade date rather than the date the trade settles? In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote: >When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon >the settlement date rather than the transaction date. This can confuse me as >the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes s...

Importing Dynamic data

how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mm/dd/yyyy
how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131) I want them displayed as regular dates (ie 01/31/2010) If it's a column of cells... Select the column Data|text to columns (in xl2003 menus) choose fixed width, but don't have any delimiter lines Choose Date (ymd) This will convert the data to dates. Now you can format the ranyge the way you like. Datahead wrote: > > how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy > > I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131) > > I wan...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Hiding tasks with due dates in the distant future
I'd like to display only my tasks for the next month or so. How can I filter out those that are in the distant future or recurring tasks that won't be due until next year or the year after? Hi, Goto the Tasks folder. Goto the Customize current view. Click on the Filter Button. Goto the Advanced Tab. Under define more criteria, clickon the Feilds and then select All Task Feilds and then select Due Date. Then under the condition Select Between and then in the Value enter the range of dates ( say 3/8/2004 and 3/10/2004 ). Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Ambe...

outlook attachment question
she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the body, as opposed to being an attachment Switch to HTML or Plain Text format; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "nat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2015401c45872$8ac3cba0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the > body, as opposed to being an attachment ...

Importing a CSV file

a two fold question
I have a webform that is part of a nested masterpage. Is it possible to open just the webform (no nested masterpage) in a new window? If possible, the other part is the opening would come from another nested webform with a <asp:command> button in a gridview, which would be done how? If not, how would the <asp:command> open the form? A newbie is seeking the wisdom and knowledge of the group. Thanks. John ...

Sorting Question #9
I have two columns of data that I want to match up. The problem is that one of the columns has less data than the other. I want the cells to line up when they equal the same number. Some of the cells will not have an equal though. I know that I can sort both columns, but the data will not line up because one of the columns has less data than the other. I can do an insert to push the data down so that it lines up, but that is time consuming. Thank you. Tim Here's one solution: a list of numbers- I used 1 thru 10- in A1:A10. A second, shorter list of numbers in C1:C3. I wrote the ...

can scheduled start date and actual start date be different
i have made my plan with scheduled start date now i update the plan with actual start date which is different from scheduled start date then scheduled start date changes and becomes same as actual start date can actual start date and scheduled start date be different? if yes, how? On Jan 13, 2:28=A0pm, parag <pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i have made my plan with scheduled start date > now i update the plan with actual start date which is different from > scheduled start date > then scheduled start date changes and becomes same as actual start date ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Converting dates into their respective fiscal quarters
Hi All, I have gotten this formula thru the help of someone. It converts dates into their respective fiscal quarters. The formula is: ="Q"&INDEX({4;1;2;3},INT((MONTH(A2)+2)/3)) However, this formula uses a fiscal year which starts on April 1st. I need the formula to start on 1st Nov as its start of a fiscal year. Can anyone advice on this, thanks. I find this formula easy to modify: ="FY"&YEAR(A1)-(MONTH(A1)<11)&"--Q"&INT(1+MOD(MONTH(A1)-11,12)/3) November 1, 2007 is quarter 1 of 2007? Tan wrote: > > Hi All, > > I have got...

Getting my chart to display dates
i have two different values that i am charting on a scatter plot; projected value and actual value for each month. I want my X axis to be the months. For some reason when I go to format the axis it is showing the dates as the number code and is givng me no option to show each month. i can use the number code and set a maximum and minimum date but when i set a 30 day increment it duplicates a month over a long period of time. How do I get the axis to recognize that those are days and chart th value for each month? I want all the months to be displayed on the x axis. I hope this ma...

Date Formats-Weeks in Date No
Good morning, I have a graph that runs from a query. Recipients of a group wanted data shown in weeks so I entered: Week No: (Format([DateIR],"ww"" '""yy")) Results were: 1 '07; 2 '07; 3 '07 etc. They would like to see the 'week period' i.e. 'Jan 1-Jan 6' say, rather than the 'week number'. Can someone please advise me how you enter it to get the this information. The graph runs by week for the whole year. Thank you, IEJ Good morning, Thank you. I'll give it a try and see if it works. Regards, IEJ "KA...