Import / date questions

Hi

I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted
from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then
imported into Outlook2003.  All has worked fine ish-  but a lot of
messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time.  If I
select the "sent" field that is correct.  Is there anyway to reset the
date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the
difference between the Sent field and the received field ?

Thanks

0
woodyuk1 (4)

Hi

Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct.  Its when
I did the import into Outlook2003 from Outlook Express that it messed
up the recieved date.

Thanks

0
woodyuk1 (4)
2/18/2005 6:31:16 PM
Woody UK <woodyuk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted
> from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then
> imported into Outlook2003.  All has worked fine ish-  but a lot of
> messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time.

That's the result of importing them from OE with OL.  Next time, export them
from OE into OL and you'll preserve the received date.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
2/18/2005 10:09:33 PM
Genius! ;-) Thanks ... worked a treat.

Also do you know a way to extract all attachments and replace with a
file link that its freeware ?

Thanks

0
woodyuk1 (4)
2/19/2005 1:29:07 AM
woodyuk <woodyuk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also do you know a way to extract all attachments and replace with a
> file link that its freeware ?

Nope, but see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm for some
tools that can help with attachments.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Payment date issues
Is there a way to avoid the irritation of Money 2005 refusing to make an electronic payment because it thinks there is not enough time to make the payment deadline specified in a recurring payment? Having to edit the occurrence is a real pain in the xxxx. Pls reply to mail address. Thanks. wizard_chef@hotmail.com Money gets this information from the financial institution making the payment -- so perhaps they can help you with the deadlines. -- <stokely@uab.edu> wrote in message news:1120064173.782289.14860@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to avoid the irritati...

change x axis date scale on multiple charts quarterly
Have multiple charts to update weekly during a calendar quarter, need to change the x axis date scale on every chart quarterly. Can the x axis date range be changed on multiple charts simultaneously ? If your x axis range comes from a series on your spreadsheet, changing the values in the spreadsheet will change all the charts which use that series to define the x axis. -- David Biddulph Paul wrote: > Have multiple charts to update weekly during a calendar quarter, need > to change the x axis date scale on every chart quarterly. > Can the x axis date range be changed on multiple...

Outlook 2000 Import addresses
I am trying to import a group of addresses into Outlook 2000. I can see the import / export options on the menu but they are not available. The file I want to import is in a .csv format, but that wont help me if I cant get the import option started. Please HELP! Maureen <smilingirishlass@comcast.net> wrote: > I am trying to import a group of addresses into Outlook > 2000. > I can see the import / export options on the menu but > they are not available. > The file I want to import is in a .csv format, but that > wont help me if I cant get the import option started....

Fixed Assets Import (6 months ago)
Hello: It really is a moot point. The situation is over, my clients are happy, and I am able to import fixed assets just fine. But, six months ago and right before service pack 1 for GP 9.0 was released, for the first time ever I was unable to import fixed assets. The FA Import Tool would show--on the "surface"--that all of my assets imported. But, the fact of the matter was that the assets did NOT import. And, there were no error messages givens to why! I had opened up a case with Microsoft, at that time. They admitted that they could not solve the mystery. And, they s...

math question
Is there a way that I can force values in a table to be divisible by 12? This might be a simple question but it's more than I can figure out. Any help is much appreciated!!! Hi Use Data/Validation - with Custom option. Select your column (say, H) and input =INT(H1/12)=H/12 Hope this helps. Andy. <tedlesniakowski@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1149264788.736952.147400@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way that I can force values in a table to be divisible by > 12? This might be a simple question but it's more than I can figure > out. Any help is muc...

import store 2.0 to hq failing
After upgrading store ops from 1.2 to 2.0 (no problems) we are trying to implement hq 2.0 by bringing in the biggest store db through the hd admin. However, it fails on an invalid column category. Any ideas? ...

POS Questions
Hello! We are thinking of implementing MS' Pt of Sales. But have a couple of questions: 1. Can we link specific items to GL codes (Revenue)? 2. How hard is it to extract data from it so we can import it to MS Great Plains at the end of each day? Thanks!!!! ...

Fill date series in table
I have an attendance sheet that 1 day per week. I want to extend a series across the top row. (I.E. Jan 1, Jan 8, Jan 15, Jan 22, etc.). The sheets are formatted as tables. When I grab the handle to copy the cells it will only copy, not fill the series. How can I get a weekly series? In A1 enter: 1/1/2010 In B1 enter: =A1+7 and copy across -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 If you put Jan 1 in the first cell, Jan 8 in cell next to it and then select **both** of these cells... you can now copy this selection across the row and the series will fill in automatically for...

Design Question #2
I am currently tasked at writing the code for an app that will have a lot of owner drawn buttons in it. There are two ways I figured I could go about this: 1) Dialogs: a)Just use multiple dialogs for all the buttons and options and have them popping up then closing and more popping up.... this seems like an unacceptable method based on user interaction confusion and that it would just look sloppy. b) One giant dialog that handled all of the subcatagory buttons and then center it in the middle of the screen and call it a day. I guess it could be done, but again would kind of seem unprofes...

CDialog Simple Question
Please provide simple example how to create CDialog instance from code and add one button on it. Thank you. Hi, try http://www.adminmod.org/karel/2/ch05/ch05.htm Johannes Hi Oliver, Thanks for posting in the group; You can test the following code to create a pure CDialog dialog and a CButton button dynamically: CDialog* pDlg; //define them globally, and don't forget to delete them CButton* pBtn; pDlg = new CDialog(); //somewhere in your program pDlg->Create(CAboutDlg::IDD); //use the About dialog's template pDlg->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); p...

import from express is missing 90% of messages
I'm trying to move to outlook 2003 from express 6, and no matter which way i try to move the mail messages (from express -> 2003 or pull into 2003 from express) its only grabbing 60ish messages of 1726 total. They range from may to july of this year when the whole file has mail from today back to sometime in 2000. Anyone know any other way I can migrate mail from express into 2003? thats the correct way, export OE > OL, are the msgs in seperate identities purchance? "Holden" <craymore@home.com> wrote in message news:Xns9896EA240F165beHoldenhomecom@216.196.9...

Insert Question
Hi, when I use the insert feature to insert more rows in my spreadsheet, I can only do one row at a time. Is there a way to insert, say 5, or 10 rows at a time? Thanks First select 5 or 10 rows, then use the insert. It will insert as many rows as you select. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "spilparc" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message news:1129568856.ead8c4dd863aefe681af5c3267797094@teranews... > > Hi, when I use the insert feature to insert more rows in my > spreadsheet, I can only do one row at a time. Is there a way to > insert, say 5, ...

Auto Archive Question
Hi, I wondered if there is a way to allow auto archive to archive old messages that are already read and not flag for follow up? As far as I know, no. Auto-archiving just checks the age of the message based on the modification date "Gus T" <philliesfan25@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:uEfBeoilHHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I wondered if there is a way to allow auto archive to archive old messages > that are already read and not flag for follow up? ...

miscellaneous payroll questions
Hello: Upon having to enter a reason for changing an employee's position or changing the employee's salary, you can only enter one reason a day. In other words, if you try to enter a second reason for him or her in the same day, Great Plains HR will not allow you to. It says that you can only enter one reason for that day. So, you have to change the date in the reason box in order to enter a reason. Is there a way to "fix" this? It's disappointing to a client. Speaking of this client, she says that Great Plains was forcing her to fill in all of the five org...

Workflow Process Questions
Can anyone who has worked with workflow processes for a while answer these questions for me: 1. How do I implement an "OR" condition? I have used nested IFs but is there a better way? 2. Is there any way to print out or otherwise create a copy of your work flow rules? 3. How do you backup/restore workflow rules for disaster recovery? Thanks Dave Dave not being able to printout a workflow is a pain..especially a sales process. It may be possible to do this either using the sdk or crystal reports. CRM 1.2 has a export tool for workflows. I cannot remember whether it is on t...

Need to change date in field to whatever I want
I have a database for my research. I need to change the date, so that I do not have any restraints on my admissions. I have checked the data field for date of admission and it looks exactly the same in the data field, but for some reason, the date will not allow me to move forward with 2010. I am not sure what to do. Can you please help. This seems to be the only field that does not change to what I need it to change to. I currently am able to use the date for 2010. in other date fields except for one field. Please any suggestions. I am very new in setting or using access. ...

Import data from the web
I am trying to import large amounts of data from the web onto a spreadsheet. After about 200 updates, I start getting an error message that indicates the site and then informs me that "the connection to this internet site took longer than the allotted time". I assume this is because I am hitting the site too many times in a few minutes. IS there any way to fix this? Can I put some sort of spacing line into the spreadsheet so that it gives the site a break? Thanks take a look at ENBLEEVENTS -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "mi...

Importing MYSQL databases into CRM 3.0
Hi, Our website portal - an ecommerce store that offers consumer electronics are built on a MYSQL database. We will like to import our Website customer database into CRM 3.0 on a daily basis. Benefit, 1) When customers email us, we can check the history of its purchases (mapped to email address), time of purchases, date of shipment with a click of a button. Is this possible with Microsoft CRM 3.0; if so, is it a easy task that can be dealt with on a daily basis or can be scheduled and automated? thanks Alan Only possible by either buying a 3rd party solution like those from ...

Question about file location
Hello again everyone, I'm developing an application that depends on an external data file. I've created a new folder within the project and then added the data file to it. I called the folder resources. Now, I'm trying to create a StreamReader to use the file. This is the code I'm using: Try Dim reader as New StreamReader("System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory() & "resources\datafile.dat", true) Catch ex As Exception MsgBox("Could not open file") End Try Now, you would think that this would work, right (maybe...

importing a large word document into Publisher XP
I am having a horrible time trying to figure out how to import a 24 page word document into a booklet format. I have been trying for two days to no avail. Please help me, this really shouldn't be this difficult! On your booklet's first page arrange the margins, create a text box to fit within your margin, with the text box selected, right-click, click change text, text file, browse to your Word file. Publisher will automatically create text boxes and pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "theworkin...

Average time from date time column?
I have a column that is in general date format, 6/19/2007 5:34:23 PM. In another column I have a value between 10 and around 50. What I have to do is get the average of this number by time in a day. So if the number is 10 all day, then the average is 10. If the number is changed during the day, say its 5 for half the day then 10 for the other half of the day, then the number I'm looking for is 7.5. If the number is 5 for 1/4 of the day and 10 for the other 3/4 of the day then the number would be around 8.5..... if you follow what I'm trying to say. So far I have been a...

Automating emails and importance / color
Hi; I have a program that sends out automatic emails to company personnel use OLE. My basic code looks like this: m = new OLEAutoClient("Outlook.Application") item = m.CreateItem(0) item.to = 'John.smith item.subject = database field item.body = 'Reminder' item.send() I would really like to adjust the subject color to red or to set a flag based on importance. Please describe what item.commands are needed for me to accomplish this. Example code would be most welcome. Thanks Pat Set a flag using the FlagDueB...

Importing from access to outlook
Since upgrading, i've found that i'm unable to complete a successsful import into outlook. I bring the data in through access and import it to outlook. I never had these problems before... I've also heard that with 2003 you can link access and outlook - bu can't find a details on this. ...

import .QIF-file with category information
I'm trying to import a QIF-file with transaction-information. The import completes succesfully, but I cannot find any category information. Does anyone knows a solution ? Regards, Arthur ...

IF and THEN question
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where a certain column display what is to be done with the information. For example: A B C D 123 456 789 DELETE 987 654 321 ADD What I'd like to do in column E is to make a formula that says: If D1 equals DELETE, then put the value DEL in E1 If D1 had been ADD, then I would want the value PUT in E1 Does this make any sense? Thanks for any help! Thomas --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Thomas put the following in E1: =IF(D1="DELETE","DEL",IF(D1="ADD","PUT",&quo...