IMO Accounts problem

My wife and I share the same Outlook IMO account. By that I mean there are
two accounts sharing one PST file. This works for us because we want to keep
our email, schedules, etc. all in one location. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP1
with Outlook 2000 SR1. I have only two Windows profiles, mine and an admin
one that is rarely used. Everyday usage takes place on my profile which is
set up as the default profile.
Here's the problem:  The two accounts, mine and my wife's both use the same
PST file and sometimes OL sends the mail with my address in the From field
and sometimes it's sent with my wife's name in the From field.. I can work
around this by remembering to send a message by first clicking on the down
area next to Send and selecting my account but I usually forget.
Any ideas to force OL to only send emails with the default account (mine)
unless I select the alternative account?
Thanks,

Sangrateo
SangrateATanonymousDOTto

0
Sangrateo

Your terminology is confusing. What do you mean by sharing "the same Outlook
IMO account?" Are these really two different email accounts, or just 2
aliases for the same account?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sangrateo" <SangrateoATanonymousDOTto> wrote in message
> My wife and I share the same Outlook IMO account. By that I mean there are
> two accounts sharing one PST file. This works for us because we want to
keep
> our email, schedules, etc. all in one location. I'm using Windows XP Pro
SP1
> with Outlook 2000 SR1. I have only two Windows profiles, mine and an admin
> one that is rarely used. Everyday usage takes place on my profile which is
> set up as the default profile.
> Here's the problem:  The two accounts, mine and my wife's both use the
same
> PST file and sometimes OL sends the mail with my address in the From field
> and sometimes it's sent with my wife's name in the From field.. I can work
> around this by remembering to send a message by first clicking on the down
> area next to Send and selecting my account but I usually forget.
> Any ideas to force OL to only send emails with the default account (mine)
> unless I select the alternative account?
> Thanks,
>
> Sangrateo
> SangrateATanonymousDOTto

0
russval (3097)
11/16/2003 10:30:47 PM
Russ,
Sorry for the confusion, I'm not sure what you mean by aliases but both
accounts were created by using Outlook's Tools, Accounts, Add. My account
was created first (last year) and later I created my wife's account, My
account is the default. I deleted the pst that OL originally made for my
wife's account and directed it to use the pst I use in my account. Does that
make it an alias? I don't know.
The bottom line is I'd still like to get OL to default to always having my
email address in the From field when sending mail as I use it 99% of the
time. Do you think that's possible?
Thanks,

Sangrateo

> Your terminology is confusing. What do you mean by sharing "the same
Outlook
> IMO account?" Are these really two different email accounts, or just 2
> aliases for the same account?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Sangrateo" <SangrateoATanonymousDOTto> wrote in message
> > My wife and I share the same Outlook IMO account. By that I mean there
are
> > two accounts sharing one PST file. This works for us because we want to
> keep
> > our email, schedules, etc. all in one location. I'm using Windows XP Pro
> SP1
> > with Outlook 2000 SR1. I have only two Windows profiles, mine and an
admin
> > one that is rarely used. Everyday usage takes place on my profile which
is
> > set up as the default profile.
> > Here's the problem:  The two accounts, mine and my wife's both use the
> same
> > PST file and sometimes OL sends the mail with my address in the From
field
> > and sometimes it's sent with my wife's name in the From field.. I can
work
> > around this by remembering to send a message by first clicking on the
down
> > area next to Send and selecting my account but I usually forget.
> > Any ideas to force OL to only send emails with the default account
(mine)
> > unless I select the alternative account?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sangrateo
> > SangrateATanonymousDOTto

0
Sangrateo
11/16/2003 10:52:26 PM
I was asking about your email account, not your Outlook PST file. Are you
and your wife using the same email account? The From field will reflect the
information you have entered into the properties for your email account.
--
> Russ,
> Sorry for the confusion, I'm not sure what you mean by aliases but both
> accounts were created by using Outlook's Tools, Accounts, Add. My account
> was created first (last year) and later I created my wife's account, My
> account is the default. I deleted the pst that OL originally made for my
> wife's account and directed it to use the pst I use in my account. Does
that
> make it an alias? I don't know.
> The bottom line is I'd still like to get OL to default to always having my
> email address in the From field when sending mail as I use it 99% of the
> time. Do you think that's possible?
> Thanks,
>
> Sangrateo
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Your terminology is confusing. What do you mean by sharing "the same
> Outlook
> > IMO account?" Are these really two different email accounts, or just 2
> > aliases for the same account?
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Sangrateo" <SangrateoATanonymousDOTto> wrote in message
> > > My wife and I share the same Outlook IMO account. By that I mean there
> are
> > > two accounts sharing one PST file. This works for us because we want
> > keep
> > > our email, schedules, etc. all in one location. I'm using Windows XP
Pro
> > SP1
> > > with Outlook 2000 SR1. I have only two Windows profiles, mine and an
> admin
> > > one that is rarely used. Everyday usage takes place on my profile
which
> is
> > > set up as the default profile.
> > > Here's the problem:  The two accounts, mine and my wife's both use the
> > same
> > > PST file and sometimes OL sends the mail with my address in the From
> field
> > > and sometimes it's sent with my wife's name in the From field.. I can
> work
> > > around this by remembering to send a message by first clicking on the
> down
> > > area next to Send and selecting my account but I usually forget.
> > > Any ideas to force OL to only send emails with the default account
> (mine)
> > > unless I select the alternative account?
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Sangrateo
> > > SangrateATanonymousDOTto

0
russval (3097)
11/16/2003 11:03:01 PM
"Sangrateo" <SangrateoATanonymousDOTto> wrote in message
> Russ,
> Sorry for the confusion, I'm not sure what you mean by aliases

An alias means that your email accounts are in the format "anything you like
here"@username.ispname.net (or .com or .co.uk or whatever)

0
me9 (928)
11/17/2003 8:23:50 AM
I think I understand the confusion. Let's see if this isn't clearer.
There are two accounts, both of which were created using Outlook's Tools,
Accounts, Add Mail method. Each account has a different name: John@Doe.net
(default account)& Jane@Doe.net and they both share the same PST file. But I
don't pick up my mail at Doe.net. I have set up the Doe.net mail server to
redirect both John@Doe.net and Jane@Doe.net to my ISP's mail server to my
ISP email address. So mine and my wife's email go to the same PST file. I
created a filter so all of her email goes to a particulare folder and all of
my email goes to another folder.
Now here's the problem: when I send mail, sometimes the From column shows
John@Doe.net and sometimes Jane@Doe.net. I don't know why. I would like to
correct it so the default is always John@Doe.net.
Does this now make sense?
Thanks,

Sangrateo

> I was asking about your email account, not your Outlook PST file. Are you
> and your wife using the same email account? The From field will reflect
the
> information you have entered into the properties for your email account.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Sangrateo" <SangrateoATanonymousDOTto> wrote in message
> > Russ,
> > Sorry for the confusion, I'm not sure what you mean by aliases but both
> > accounts were created by using Outlook's Tools, Accounts, Add. My
account
> > was created first (last year) and later I created my wife's account, My
> > account is the default. I deleted the pst that OL originally made for my
> > wife's account and directed it to use the pst I use in my account. Does
> that
> > make it an alias? I don't know.
> > The bottom line is I'd still like to get OL to default to always having
my
> > email address in the From field when sending mail as I use it 99% of the
> > time. Do you think that's possible?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sangrateo
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > Your terminology is confusing. What do you mean by sharing "the same
> > Outlook
> > > IMO account?" Are these really two different email accounts, or just 2
> > > aliases for the same account?
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "Sangrateo" <SangrateoATanonymousDOTto> wrote in message
> > are
> > > keep
> Pro
> > > SP1
> > admin
> which
> > is
> > > same
> > field
> > work
> > down
> > (mine)

0
Sangrateo
11/18/2003 2:33:22 AM
This makes even less sense. You "redirect" both email accounts to another
server from which you actually retrieve mail?
So which of these accounts have you actually designated as your default?
Were you aware that replies will always go out over the account on which
they were received, not the default?
--
> [...]
> > > Russ,
> > > Sorry for the confusion, I'm not sure what you mean by aliases but
both
> > > accounts were created by using Outlook's Tools, Accounts, Add. My
> account
> > > was created first (last year) and later I created my wife's account,
My
> > > account is the default. I deleted the pst that OL originally made for
my
> > > wife's account and directed it to use the pst I use in my account.
Does
> > that
> > > make it an alias? I don't know.
> > > The bottom line is I'd still like to get OL to default to always
having
> my
> > > email address in the From field when sending mail as I use it 99% of

11/18/2003 3:02:29 AM
Yes, my wife and I have personalized email addresses. All emails from those
personalized email addresses are redirected to my ISP's mail server which is
where I pick up the mail. It's not that unusual.
As noted below my account is the default account.
I am aware that replies will always go out over the account on which they
were received. I'm not discussing replies though.
When I send a new email, after the mail is sent, I can look in the Sent
Items folder and see that its sent sometimes as John@Doe.net and sometimes
at Jane@Doe.net. Don't know why. I just click on the Outlook icon and that's
what happens. In fact, I can send two new emails, one right after the other
and the From will show my address on one email and my wife's address on the
other email. Go figure.
Sangrateo

> [...]
shows
> > John@Doe.net and sometimes Jane@Doe.net. I don't know why. I would like
> > correct it so the default is always John@Doe.net.
> > Does this now make sense?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sangrateo
> >

> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > I was asking about your email account, not your Outlook PST file. Are
> you
> > > and your wife using the same email account? The From field will
reflect
> > the
> > > information you have entered into the properties for your email
account.
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "Sangrateo" <SangrateoATanonymousDOTto> wrote in message

11/18/2003 3:35:17 AM
> I think I understand the confusion. Let's see if this isn't clearer.
> There are two accounts, both of which were created using Outlook's Tools,
> Accounts, Add Mail method. Each account has a different name: John@Doe.net
> (default account)& Jane@Doe.net and they both share the same PST file. But
> don't pick up my mail at Doe.net. I have set up the Doe.net mail server to
> redirect both John@Doe.net and Jane@Doe.net to my ISP's mail server to my
> ISP email address. So mine and my wife's email go to the same PST file. I
> created a filter so all of her email goes to a particulare folder and all
of
> my email goes to another folder.
> Now here's the problem: when I send mail, sometimes the From column shows
> John@Doe.net and sometimes Jane@Doe.net. I don't know why. I would like to
> correct it so the default is always John@Doe.net.
> Does this now make sense?
> Thanks,

Why not just set up two Users on XP - one for you and one for your wife.
Then you can each have a separate pst and separate email etc etc. simple.
Why complicate matters with sharing pst's and making rules to different
folders? KISS!

0
me9 (928)
11/18/2003 7:54:12 AM
I think I understand the confusion now. Are you are using the term email
address and email account as if they are the same thing?
--
> [...]
> > > There are two accounts, both of which were created using Outlook's
> Tools,
> > > Accounts, Add Mail method. Each account has a different name:
> John@Doe.net
> > > (default account)& Jane@Doe.net and they both share the same PST file.
> But
> > > don't pick up my mail at Doe.net. I have set up the Doe.net mail
server
> > > redirect both John@Doe.net and Jane@Doe.net to my ISP's mail server to
> my
> > > ISP email address. So mine and my wife's email go to the same PST
file.
> > > created a filter so all of her email goes to a particulare folder and
> all
> > of
> > > my email goes to another folder.
> > > Now here's the problem: when I send mail, sometimes the From column

Empty "Account Summary" View
I have Money 2005 and for the last week the "Account Summary" view for my Investment accounts is blank. I tried reinstalling but that didn't help. All the information is correct and when I go to Portfolio everything is OK. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joe Barrett Account Summary isn't on my list (perhaps because it's a UK version of Money). Is it one of your own portfolio views or a built in? If it's a built in, try resetting it (customize any view, select it, reset to default). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check htt...

National Accounts in Receivables Management
I recently just learned about the "National Account" option in Receivables Management. I thought it sounded like it would be something that would work very well for us as we have several customer id's that are paid on the same check from the Main corporate office. I preceded to set up my National Account - check the option to allow receipt entry for children of the national account and selected my children as well. I went to apply my first receipt and picked the National Account ID that I set up and it is not pulling in any of my "child" invoice info. Can so...

problem with macro
I found some code that imports a text file to the open workbook on MSKB: Sub ImportTextFile() Dim DestBook As Workbook, SourceBook As Workbook Dim DestCell As Range Dim RetVal As Boolean ' Turn off screen updating. Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' Set object variables for the active book and active cell. Set DestBook = ActiveWorkbook Set DestCell = ActiveCell ' Show the Open dialog box. RetVal = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show("*.txt") ' If Retval is fa...

Analytical Accounting | Default Account Class
How can I setup a default Account Class for a particular customer or customer class? If i have an Invoice in the Sales Transaction Entry window, I want the default Account Class for that customer to be picked up by default. Seems to me that the last created Account Class always shows up. Any hints? I can't see any options other than creating a different accounts per customer class and also create an analytical accounting class per each account, this might do the required task. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mo...

Changing mode to IMO; Unable to Open Outlook
My computer got a virus. After saving my data, I cleaned the C: drive and reinstalled windows and Office2000 Duuring installation of Office inadvertantly hit corporate mode rather than IMO mode. Now I cannot get back to IMO and recover my personal folders with all my data. In fact I can't seem to get anywhere. I tried: a) Uninstalling Office and reinstalling. Nope. b) Uninstalling Outlook and reinstalling. Nope. Currently, when trying to run Outlook, I get, "Unable to open your email folders. Outlook could not start because a location to send and receive ema...

Q re: transfers between accounts
Hi I'm using Money Deluxe OEM Edition 2004. Can anybody tell me the purpose of the following when transferring funds between accounts (eg to record a credit card monthly payment from a bank account, or an ATM withdrawal to move funds to a cash account etc. The "From" and "To" fields of the Transfer form are self explanatory ie "From" is the account the funds are held in eg bank, "To" is the account the funds are being transferred to eg credit card, cash account/cash in hand account etc. The form also has a third field "Pay To" and clicki...

database problem.
I create a mfc dialog programe in vs.net 2003 use vc++ . In the dialog I add a datagrid(sp4,com) and a adodc(sp5,com) but when I close the dialog ,it give me a Error,why?(I had set datagrid's datafield) in VC 6.0(sp5),Everything is OK!why,who can give me a answer? "lxg" <lixngang@163.com> wrote in message news:OP5yi4W6DHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I create a mfc dialog programe in vs.net 2003 use vc++ . > In the dialog I add a datagrid(sp4,com) and a adodc(sp5,com) but when I > close the dialog ,it give me a Error,why?(I had set datagrid's datafield) >...

Problem tracking and sending email in 3.0 #2
This is a CRM 3.0 issue. When sending an email that has been tracked in CRM, a user gets this error: An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Note the following: - CRM can be browsed from Outlook or ID. - I changed the user's role to system admin and did not resolve the problem. - The user created an appointment in Outlook and was able to successfully track it in CRM and save it. Thanks, -Rick M. ...

Security Accounts Manager Initialization failed
When I turn on my computer (XP, SP3) I cannot boot but get the following error: 'Security Accounts Manager Initialization failed because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning. Error Status 0xc0000001. Please click OK to shut down the computer and reboot into Safe Mode, check event log for more detailed information.' When I boot into Safe Mode I cannot get passed the same error message. When I try to boot into Last Good the same thing happens. It appears that my SAM is corrupted in some way, but I cannot get the computer to boot ...

Older deleted messages don't disapear (hotmail account)
I use Windows Live Mail on several different computers (though not at the same time). Sometimes I'll launch WLM on a computer that it hasn't run on in months. WLM will retrieve new messages fine, but some messages that had been stored months ago when WLM last ran, but have since been deleted from Hotmail, are not removed from WLM. Is there a way to do a true sync so WLM will match my hotmail.com inbox? I connect to hotmail in WLM via http. Thank you! You need to be patient. It will take some time for WLM/Hotmail to=20 complete the sync process. --=20 Gary Vand...

Pointer to Document in MDI application
Hi, In my MDI application, a default document is created when the app. is started. If I open then close a saved document, the default doc is still there. However, if i then try to work with the default document, I get an Access Violation when a dialog window tries to get a pointer to the doc by calling it's GetDoc() function: CFDocument* CFDocument::GetDoc() { CMainFrame* pMFrame = (CMainFrame*)(AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd); if(!pMFrame) return NULL; CChildFrame* pChild = (CChildFrame*) pMFrame->MDIGetActive(); if(!pChild) return NULL; CFApp* pApp = (CFApp*) AfxGetApp()...

how do i activate microsoft office outlook live mail account?
see subject Can you please clarify a few things? Version of Outlook Define Live Mail Account - is that not HOTMAIL? Do you have a paid HOTMAIL account? Or are you asking how to create a mail profile in Outlook? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "belwood" wrote: > see subject Problem may just be nomenclature which does seem to vary between different MS sites and applications. If "Microsoft Office Outlook live mail account" just means hotmail then I understand that. I don't know whether I have a...

RPC over HTTP credentials problem
Hi, se have OWA, OMA, etc working fine. Now we would like to use also Outlook with RPC over HTTP, but that does not work. I have tried to diagnose it. I have tried for example https://server.test.com/rpc for connectivity, it asks username and password but does not accept any, just promtps again. I have tried with domain\username and only username - same result. What could be wrong? Could it be the certificate? On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:32:02 -0800, Juha Kalliola <JuhaKalliola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >se have OWA, OMA, etc working fine. Now we would like to...

Problem Sharing Calendar
I keep losing a connection sharing a calendar between Director and his Secretary. Both running Win2ksp4, Outlook 2000 IMO. Mail setup is POP3 from Unix/Netscape server. Calendars set to sync every 10 minutes, will work for a while, then shared connection will stop. If I resend the invitations to re-share calendar, then entries / holidays are duplicated. Other people sharing calendars, setup the same way are not having problems. This is an isolated case. Could it be the volume, since a lot of meetings are scheduled daily. Scott Rosenbaum NYC Dept of Sanitation Desktop Support ...

How to convert an account ta a lead
I have had 100 % of my leads added as accounts by mistake. Can I convert them to leads? I don't think there's a way to turn an account into a lead. Could you delete them all and then re-import them as leads? Dave Ireland "Mats Nilsson" <MatsNilsson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8F859B8-6510-4CEB-B69B-286DF3DB3037@microsoft.com... >I have had 100 % of my leads added as accounts by mistake. Can I convert >them > to leads? You should be able to delete the acount and contact, then go to the closed leads view and reactivate the lead. ...

Email Problem #2
I am not sure this is an outlook problem but when i send e-mail, outlook says that it has been sent. It show's in the log that it has been sent but it reaches the destination hours later. Sometimes it never gets to the destination. Nothing is showing in the OUTBOX. I have brought the machine down and up. I have done that after I have sent the mail. If I go to another machine on the network and send, no problem and it gets there immediately. I have checked with our ISP provider and they can't see a problem. Is there a setting I don't know about? You may have som...

User Account SPN for CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account ERROR.
Hi there, I got this error message before the installation of CRM 4.0: "Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account". Here's my scenario: I joined the Server to the domain I logged in using the domain admin "Administrator" account Installed everything and followed every step. But I got this message. How can I solve this problem? Please advice. Thank you. This would indicate that the SPN is missing on the account that is/will run the CRM application pool. You can find this account in the IIS manager under the ...

Adware Problem
My friend (really) cannot access his inbox on Outlook 2002, because (i'm guessing here) there is a message in there that's running some kind of a macro or script that redirects the inbox to some website. The same thing happens when we click on Outlook Today. Is there any way to totally disable scripting or macros? Thanks! Pete Q. ...

New update problems
The Print to One NOte option no longer on printer list after 4/14 automatic update. How do I add it to list of printers? smartinup wrote: > The Print to One NOte option no longer on printer list after 4/14 > automatic update. How do I add it to list of printers? Try to run a "Repair" (from Control Center - Software/Programs and Features). Rainald Can you contact me via my blog below? -- Sorry for the problems, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "smartinup" wrote: > The Print to One NOte option no longer on ...

Exchange account related
How can I have one Exchange Mailbox in my exchange organization send email to only another Exchange Mailbox and no one else? I have an Exchange inbox where end users can login and send email as that email (Comments@myDomain.Com) to one and only one recipient and not be able to CC, BCC, or send to anyone else. Thank you, Juan ...

Automatically add email into Account
Is there a way to automatically add an email into an accout? I would like to route certain aliases directly into CRM without user intervention... if you set the email of the account to be the alias then incoming emails will be added to the account as activities ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "mw" <mike.r.weiss@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141748280.285879.276340@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to automatically add an email into an accout? I would > like to route certain al...

Consolidated National Account Question
In the documentation it says "If you’re using national accounts, you can print consolidated statements or individual customer statements. If you mark Consolidated National Account and leave Individual Child Statements unmarked, only one statement will be printed for each national account. Parent and all child documents will be displayed on this single statement. If you mark both Consolidated National Account and Individual Child Statements, one statement will be printed for each national account, and an additional statement will be printed for each child included on a consolidat...

Barcode Print (preview) Problem
When I click on Label Wizard select an Item and select a Label Format my generic preview looks fine (of course it has the actual field names opposed to the field values), but then when I click on next and finish my Print Preview window's formatting is way off (it's compressed on the left halve side and only the top halve of the label is showing). Then when I click on either the Change Printer or Change Page Properties icon and click on Ok (without making any changes at all) the print preview problem is corrected. Does/did anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? Alex ...

Problems saving to my flash drive
Very recently, whenever I try saving to my use flash drive from Publisher, I get the message ' The directory or File cannot be created'. How do I solve this problem? Save to your hard drive, copy to the flash... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com <deborah_timbrel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1141918367.109358.280230@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Very recently, whenever I try saving to my use flash drive from > Publisher, I get the message ' The directory or File cannot be > created&#...

Account discrepancy
One of my credit card accounts in Money 2004 has developed a multiple personality disorder. The balance displayed on the account register is $20.31. However, the Debt Reduction Planner shows that the account has an $821 balance; i.e., an $800 discrepancy, with rounding. I just received the most recent statement for the account. When I go to the Balance Account wizard, the 'total amount owed last month' (i.e., the opening balance) is $800 higher than it should be--and $800 higher than the 'total amount owed this month' (i.e., the closing balance). Although I can enter an $800...