IMAP with Outlook 2003 Data Files Problem

Hi,

when setting up an IMAP connection with Outlook 2003 the application does
not let one select where to store the files related to the account. It is
possible to define a "Mail delivery" data file... but no email go into that
one. One can also try to move the *.pst file out of "C:\Documents and
Settings\%ProfileName%\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook". But when one opens
Outlook 2003 again it will recreate a new file at the old location "C:\Docs &
Settings... etc." instead of somewhere else.

Any ideas? Outlook Express does it so why not Outlook?. It is really
important to put these files in a different location for backup reasons and I
do not want to use O-Express because I cannot syncronise it with my
handheld....

If you have any ideas... let me know
cheers,
andi
0
gigiga (1)

Outlier data point for Chart in Excel
I have created a bar graph with 5 bars. One of the data points has a disproportionately high value, and it is hard to view the other data points in the chart because their value is so low. If I fix the axis to a lower value, the data point label for the large value will only show up on the graph if I center it. If I try to move the label, it disappears. This is hard to explain, but in other graphs I have seen similar outliers represented as a bar with a zigzag near the end and a data label. Is there a way to format a chart so it can properly represent the outlier, without having ...

Outlook 2000 SP3 #6
I have a user that wants to have his meeting change color depending on the importance of the meeting. Does anyone know how to do this? Meetings don't have an "importance" level in the way that Tasks do. You could change colour based on key words (use the word High for example). Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook] Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com.au Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field Chooser and Group by Box!! "Patricia" <me@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eEz2IojjFHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >...

Some Mac 2004 Word docs crash Windows 2003 Word
Systems: PowerBook with Panther 10.3.5, Office 2004. Windows XP with Office 2003. I have only four docs to test, but each behaved the same. Say that I am given a Word doc of unknown version; some in the office have Office 2003, some have earlier Office. If I open the file in Mac Office 2004, save, and then move it to Windows Office 2003, Word will crash seconds after opening it. If I take the same original file > save as RTF in Mac > move to Windows, it works okay. I can (almost) accept that, even though I consider it unacceptable behavior, if you know what I mean. But get t...

Reminder issues for Outlook 2010
When sending and receiving appointments the reciever is getting a default reminder for everything. We can shut off the defaults, uncheck the reminder before sending and still it defaults to 15 min reminder. With the number of appointments that we share, this has become a real pain. Please help with any advise and or suggestions. What version of Exchange server? There is a known issue with Exchange 2007. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;973761 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions ...

Letter Distribution Problem
Hi Hopefully this is easy. I am using Outlook XP on an Exchange Server 2000. I have many folders in my public folders. They contain contact type information in them. I want to be able to send all people in one folder a letter and print an envelope or label for each person in that folder. How does one do that? I've tried everything I can think of. Any input is very appreciated! Michael Mishler ...

Outlook 2002 looking for a Decommisioned Exchange 5.5 server
Hi, Just Migrated our mail to a new Exchange 2000 server in a new domain and decommisioned our old email server. We have been having problems with out Outlook clients still looking for the old email server. We setup all new profiles and deleted the old ones on the outlook clients we migrated over to the new mail server. Any thoughts on what I can change to stop outlook from looking for the old server? Thanks in advance. Sam ...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2007
I have Word 2007 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way to use Word 2007 as the editor for Outlook 2003? -- James J. Pirretti <james@nospam.com> wrote: > I have Word 2007 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way to use Word 2007 > as the editor for Outlook 2003? No. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] I am trying the Office 2007, but using Outlook 2003 and still have all my Office 2003 components installed such as Word 2003. How do I tell Outlook 2003 NOT to try and use Word 2007? I get an error message saying wrong version of Word for editing emails? "Brian Tillman" wro...

Problem displaying a Dialog in a DLL from an EXE
I am trying to create a really simple test app. Basically I have an MFC exe that calls into an MFC DLL to display a dialog. If I call into the DLL to load the dialog using the following everything works fine. extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) BOOL _stdcall LoadDlg( CWnd* hParent ) { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) CMyDialog MyDlg( hParent ); MyDlg.DoModal( ); return TRUE; } However if I export my class CMyDialog, create an instance of the class in the EXE over ride the DoModal (in order to call AFX_MANAGE_STATE) then call DoModal( ) I get an assert when the...

Chart Data Labels
How do I change the size of data labels? I have plenty of room for the text in the label but it winds up being wrapped on 2 or three lines when it could fit on one line. How do I make the background of pie charts transparent? Thanks DLIE ...

Importing transactions from second money file?
I found a backup file of all my accounts in Money deluxe 2003 up until last year (probably 5 years worth of financial info). My present money deluxe file starts at about 6 months ago but includes all the same accounts-maybe under different names. How do I import the old information into my present account? Using the import function, I have to choose a specific account (like checking for instance) to import all the data into. How do I import all of my different old account transactions into all of the same accounts in my present file? I want the checking info in the old back up file to g...

Outlook 2003 won't restart with Exchange 2000 mail account
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP tablet. If I create a profile that has an Exchange Server 2000 mail account, Outlook will start up and run fine until I close it and try to restart it. It won't restart. Turns out that Outlook is not really closing the first time. It is still in the running processes. If I terminate the process, Outlook will start up again. Outlook has no problem if configured with Internet mail accounts only. This problem occurs with different profiles on the XP tablet and with different Exchange Server accounts. If I create a new profile, I will sometimes have...

blocking domains for incoming email with outlook xp
good morning, is it possible to block entire domains for incoming mail? i mean there are several domains which are constantly being used as spam/junk sender adresses and i'd like to block them off completely or at least tell outlook to move all mails from that particular sender-domain to the junk-mail-folder. is that possible and if, how? is it possible to add more than one sender at a time to the junk-mail-sender-list? thx in advance, malte You are probably better of using a thrid party SPAM FIlter or upgrade to Outlook 2003 as fighting spam with Wizard Rules gets harder and h...

problem importing accounts into crm 3.0 through th bulk import wiz
We are trying to import accounts records into CRM 3.0 through the application's bulk import wizard (tools --> import). the source file is a text file, which contains small amount of data. the process is going well, and being finished successfully, without any warnings or error messages. but the accounts records aren't being imported. when we go to Workplace --> Activities --> Bulk import, to check the status of our import, we can see our import record, but with a Status Reason 'pending'. (is not executed?) there are no start or finished indications, and no fail...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

Data sort, > 3 columns
Hi Excel has the Data sort option. Data>> Sort This allows you to sort 3 columns Is it possible to sort more than 3 columns?? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks Clive This link explains how to do it: http://www.contextures.com/xlSort01.html#Sort04 Basically, you sort on the least important fields first, and then sort on the more important fields. Alternatively, you can combine some fields together in a helper column. Hope this helps. On Jun 4, 11:04=A0am, Clive_S <clives...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Excel has the Data sort option. > > Data>> S...

Problem with OAB #2
After the migration of Exchange 2003 server, users began to get error reports "Microsoft Exchange offline 0X8004010F". OAB Version 2 and other site folders were not properly replicated from previous server and now these folders have replication status "data not available". I've tried to recreate site folders (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822444) but it doesn't solve the problem. Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance. ...

Problems referencing dates with the MATCH formula
I am finding this a little unpredictable. Sometimes it works fine; for example: A B C D Date Mar-08 Feb-08 Jan-08 If I wish to return the column number from the dates: Mar-08 =MATCH(A2,$A$1:$D$1) returns the value 2 Feb-08 =MATCH(A3,$A$1:$D$1) returns the value 3 Jan-08 =MATCH(A4,$A$1:$D$1) returns the value 4 However if I expand the reference to include column E, Dec-07 I get this result: Mar-08 =MATCH(A2,$A$1:$E$1) returns the value 5 (which is the total number of cells in the reference). Can anyone explain why this would be the case? (The dates ...

Outlook 2003 Personla Folder
Hi, I just upgraded from office XP to Office 2003 and i was wondering if the personal folder (.pst) of my outlook will not be limited to 2 gigabytes since i'm running on outlook 2003 now. Thanks for any help or advice. Regards, Yuki You'll need to create a new unicode-format PST file and move/copy your items from the older file. Upgrading OL doesn't upgrade the PST file to the new format. yuki wrote: > Hi, > > I just upgraded from office XP to Office 2003 and i was > wondering if the personal folder (.pst) of my outlook > will not be limited to 2 gigabytes si...

Appointment synchronizing (synching) with Outlook in CRM 3.0
I am trying to figure out when appointments created in CRM should synch to a user's calendar? Should they show up immediately or when the synch interval fires (i.e. every 15 minutes by default). I have seen it act immediately but now am having a user not see it show up even after the user synchs manually. If a user creates an appointment for someone else and can view her shared calendar but the user for whom the appointment is being set doesn't have outlook running should the original user who is looking at the shared calendar see the appointment immediately. (i.e. Kim sets an...

"Customize Outlook Today" Button Won't Work
When I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" button in Outlook Today, nothing happens. The web-button depresses and releases, but Outlook won't go into the customize view. I'm using Outlook 2000 SP 3 on a Windows 2000 platform. My Internet software is IE 6.0. The computer's hard drive was recently formatted and all programs reinstalled by our computer repair folks. It was at that time I couldn't customize Outlook Today. I've been hollering for help from them ever since I got the computer back, but they're not responding to this issue. In artic...

How to import ical data to entourage?
How to import ical data to entourage? Using any 3rd party free tool? Built in import/export doesn't work for calx What version of Entourage are you using? If you have Entourage 2004 or Entourage 2008, make sure that you've applied the latest updates by going to Help > Check for Updates. Once you've done that, go to Entourage > Preferences. Under "Sync Services", make sure that the option to option to "Synchronize events´┐Ż" is checked, and click OK. Then, data in iCal should be imported to Entourage. This is actually a synchronization, so you may be p...

SMTP using SSL with authentication
Help! Setup POP3/SMTP connectivity on this FE 2003 server, plus only allowing authentication and SSL for these users. Tried to setup a test user using Outlook Express, and the test user was able to sucessfully recieve and send emails. Setup a second user, with same privileges, and this user is able to recieve (POP3) emails, but not able to send emails?! Get a 454 error, but this user should be able to send if authenticated, just as well as the first test user... !? What could cause this kind of problem? TIA!! / Per Check: Client submission SMTP VS in ESM: 1. Basic with TLS/SSL e...

Auto Complete Data Validation
I'd like to enter characters that would automatically select the proper value from my data validation list. Currently, I must select the proper value from the drop down box via mouse, or <alt> down arrow. Anyway to do this? Thanks, Bernie Not using Data|Validation. But you could use a combobox from the Control Toolbox toolbar. There's a property that you can set telling it to look for a match. You could plop that combobox right over the same cell. rightclick on the combobox and select properties. look for listfillrange and use the same range as you used for Data|Validati...

two accounts in the same Outlook
Hello, I would to know that is possible, in MS Outlook 2000 similar to 'Send with' in Outlook Express that let me choose the account to send a mail. Thank you very much. Oscar "Oscar" <infoDELETETHIS@chimigrafDELETETHIS.com> wrote in message news:%23IaXAu3JEHA.1944@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I would to know that is possible, in MS Outlook 2000 similar to 'Send with' > in Outlook Express that let me choose the account to send a mail. Thank you > very much. > > Oscar > > When you compose a new message, next to the "S...

transfer emails from my Mac ( mail stamp figure ) to my computer Microsoft Outlook #3
How can I transfer my emails. ...