IMAP server closed the connection, Error Code: 0x800CCCDD

I frequently get the error message:
Your IMAP server closed the connection.  This can occur if you leave the
connection idle for too long.

 Lost mailbox lock
	Protocol:	  IMAP
	Server:	  ahsmail.uwaterloo.ca
	Port:	  143
	Error Code: 0x800CCCDD.

I get my mail but it is very annoying to have to close the dialog box all
the time.

Is there a way around this?

Sounds like your ISP closes the IMAP connection after receiving the NOOP
command from Outlook.  Since you can't configure Outlook to stop sending
this command, perhaps your ISP will reconfigure their server to not close
the connection after receiving this command from an IMAP client like
Outlook.

"dysonsphere" <dysonsphere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I frequently get the error message:
> Your IMAP server closed the connection.  This can occur if you leave the
> connection idle for too long.
>
> Lost mailbox lock
> Protocol:   IMAP
> Server:   ahsmail.uwaterloo.ca
> Port:   143
> Error Code: 0x800CCCDD.
>
> I get my mail but it is very annoying to have to close the dialog box all
> the time.
>
> Is there a way around this?

0
Neo (372)
5/13/2007 10:14:52 PM
I get this from time to time and my IMAP server is not more than about 4
feet from my desktop machine on the same LAN.  I don't know why the
connection breaks, but as an end user, I don't care that it broke.  Outlook
should just silently re-connect and perhaps only report the fact that it
failed to re-connect (suggesting the server is down) or that it consistently
sees the connection dropping and unable to perform operations.

I've had this problem with both Outlook 2003 and 2007.  It seems the logic
has not changed in the code for handling these connection drops.

Paul

"dysonsphere" <dysonsphere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I frequently get the error message:
> Your IMAP server closed the connection.  This can occur if you leave the
> connection idle for too long.
>
> Lost mailbox lock
> Protocol:   IMAP
> Server:   ahsmail.uwaterloo.ca
> Port:   143
> Error Code: 0x800CCCDD.
>
> I get my mail but it is very annoying to have to close the dialog box all
> the time.
>
> Is there a way around this?

0
paulej (4)
5/16/2007 11:47:20 PM
I don't think that my ISP will change the way they configure the server.  Is
there not a way to disable the dialogue box?

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> Sounds like your ISP closes the IMAP connection after receiving the NOOP
> command from Outlook.  Since you can't configure Outlook to stop sending
> this command, perhaps your ISP will reconfigure their server to not close
> the connection after receiving this command from an IMAP client like
> Outlook.
>
> "dysonsphere" <dysonsphere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I frequently get the error message:
> > Your IMAP server closed the connection.  This can occur if you leave the
> > connection idle for too long.
> >
> > Lost mailbox lock
> > Protocol:   IMAP
> > Server:   ahsmail.uwaterloo.ca
> > Port:   143
> > Error Code: 0x800CCCDD.
> >
> > I get my mail but it is very annoying to have to close the dialog box all
> > the time.
> >
> > Is there a way around this?

Nope.

>I don't think that my ISP will change the way they configure the server.
>Is
> there not a way to disable the dialogue box?
>
> "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Sounds like your ISP closes the IMAP connection after receiving the NOOP
>> command from Outlook.  Since you can't configure Outlook to stop sending
>> this command, perhaps your ISP will reconfigure their server to not close
>> the connection after receiving this command from an IMAP client like
>> Outlook.
>>
>> "dysonsphere" <dysonsphere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I frequently get the error message:
>> > Your IMAP server closed the connection.  This can occur if you leave
>> > the
>> > connection idle for too long.
>> >
>> > Lost mailbox lock
>> > Protocol:   IMAP
>> > Server:   ahsmail.uwaterloo.ca
>> > Port:   143
>> > Error Code: 0x800CCCDD.
>> >
>> > I get my mail but it is very annoying to have to close the dialog box
>> > all
>> > the time.
>> >
>> > Is there a way around this?

0
Neo (372)
5/23/2007 12:12:44 PM
If "nope" is the final answer, then this is a potentially flaw from my point
of view.

I've used Thunderbird for years and it doesn't have this problem. (Someone
told me that even Outlook express doesn't have this problem either, but I
haven't tested it.) When I'm trying to run Outlook, however, those messages
pop up frequently and annoyingly stop other things from continuing until
they're closed.

I was looking forward to using Outlook in the Office 2007 suite to take
advantage of the interoperability, but instead it has turned into playing
"whack-a-mole"!

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> Nope.

Again, it depends on whether or not the IMAP mail client sends the NOOP or
IDLE command and how the mail server is configured to deal with said
commands.  For example, I used to run a mDaemon mail server it is a great
product in supporting IMAP mail clients.  However its default configuration
is set where once the mail server receives the NOOP command from the mail
client, it forces the IMAP connection is forced closed in 1 minute.  This is
contradiction of what the intention is for the NOOP command.  The idea
behind NOOP is just that... mail client telling server, I have No Operation
(read changes) to do, but I want my connection to stay alive.

"redshift=0" <redshift=0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If "nope" is the final answer, then this is a potentially flaw from my
> point
> of view.
>
> I've used Thunderbird for years and it doesn't have this problem. (Someone
> told me that even Outlook express doesn't have this problem either, but I
> haven't tested it.) When I'm trying to run Outlook, however, those
> messages
> pop up frequently and annoyingly stop other things from continuing until
> they're closed.
>
> I was looking forward to using Outlook in the Office 2007 suite to take
> advantage of the interoperability, but instead it has turned into playing
> "whack-a-mole"!
>
> "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Nope.

0
Neo (372)
5/23/2007 7:49:24 PM
Hello,

I run the http://www.easy-email.net web site.

One of my customers has just reported that he solved this problem by disabling POP access in Gmail.

Worth a try if none of the other recommendations work for you.

Happy emailing,
Anders

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 10:36:39 GMT, Anders Vinther <anders@vinther.biz>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I run the http://www.crap-email.net web site.
>
>One of my customers has just reported that he solved this problem by disabling POP access in Gmail.
>
>Worth a try if none of the other recommendations work for you.
>
>Happy emailing,
>Anders

Well thanks for answering that 4 year old question.
evan1 (39)

Your Exchange Server is Unavailable (Outlook 2003, Exchange 5.5)
Hi. I recently upgraded to Office 2003. I'm running Microsoft Exchange 5.5. I have several profiles set up in my outlook. A few of them connect to the Exchange server and a couple of them are personal "internet email" accounts. When I first open Outlook, I am able to access my Exchange mailbox. However, if I close Outlook and try to connect to my Exchange mailbox again (or any of the other Exchange mailboxes), I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" (Retry, Work Offline, Cancel). I've tried select Retry several times and it does not work. I...

my server is down help!!!!
i keep getting error generic host processes for win32 encountered a problem.. it's' error #1030 but i can't find a fix for exchange help please This is not a lot of info to go on. Please post the relevant Event ID's. In addition, check your Antivirus logs, have you run any Windows Updates lately and what version of Exchange are you talking about with SP Level? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B32E4DD0-2DF1-4C95-BCEE-88A837E85D0C@microsof...

IMAP
Hi, I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the service is not there. How do I install IMAP4 ? Thnaks. Matt On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:50:51 -0800, matt wrote: > I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the > service is not there. > > How do I install IMAP4 ? Well IMAP4 is there, the service is just disabled per default. You will need to enable and start in under Services. (Microsoft Exchange IMAP). Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

strange imap connection problems
My imap connections seem to be flaky (only imap, pop3 is fine) the first time i load outlook and send/recieve it works fine. then every time after that my machine fails on the dns lookup of the mail server. (even nslookup in console fails) any ideas whats causing this? cheers, -ciaron ...

Outllook 2007 Data file closed correclty?
Every time I open Outlook after starting my pc it tells the a dat file didn't close correctly. I close Outlook everytime before shutting down the pc. How do I stop this happening? Shelagh Look in Task Manager to be certain Outlook actually closed. Frequently other add-ins are preventing Outlook from completely closing, and it has only left the screen and you think it closed but hasn't. sheezy wrote: > Every time I open Outlook after starting my pc it tells the a dat file didn't > close correctly. I close Outlook everytime before shutting down the pc. How ...

How many mailboxes on EXCH Server
Hello Is there any way to get the number of mailboxes on particular Exchange server/information Store. (Exchange server 2000 Ent.Ed.) THX Lobo Open Exchange System Manager and drill down into Administrative Groups | Site | Servers | Server | Storage Group | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Magik Lobo <ib1628@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is there any way to get the number of mailboxes on particular Exchange >server/information Store. (Exchange server 2000 Ent.Ed.) Use the AD Users and Computers snap-in. Select the domain, right-click, and click on "Find". Then: On the "Gene...

imap
Hello All, I have win2k SBS server providing email for about 20 users. Their internet connection, to the office where the exchange server lives, is 512k guaranteed up and down I believe. The clients that have desktops are set up as exchnage clients via Outlook 2k and XP. The laptop users are set up as imap clients via outlook because they will be using a dial up connection most of the time on the road or away from the office. My problem starts when an imap client's mail box gets over 100mb and then they start to get time out issues even if they have a high speed connection at the time...

publishing website to server using Publisher 2007
I was able to publish my home page www.ccwga.net with the help of my hosting company (godaddy) but can not publish any changes through the program Publisher 2007. when I hit the command "publish to the web", no box comes up asking for the user name and password to server. Please help. I don't know if I used FTP or HTTP when I uploaded the first time. Please help. That site doesn't have FrontPage extensions installed, so you must use ftp. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Louise" <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Code corrupts file (XL2003)
I have code (below) that opens and processes a separate raw data file, segregates data into several different worksheets in that data file, then saves the file. I just found out that my code appears to corrupt the output files, which then cannot be opened in Excel2003, but can be opened in Excel2007. I can open *other* Excel files without a problem, but files created with this sub are corrupt. I suspect that it has to do with how the file is saved, so I'm posting just that snippet first, then the full code underneath. Should I be more restrictive in the Filefilter paramete...

Management Studio
I have both a named instance of SQL Server 2008 and Express 2008 installed. When I try to connect with Management Studio, neither of those instances appears in the list of local servers. But I can see them in the list of network servers. In Local, I can see Integration Services only. Under the Network Servers tab, I see my server with the two database engines listed. In both cases, I have protocols Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP enabled, and VIA disabled. Is that the way it should be? I checked HideInstance in the Configuration Manager and it is set to No for both ins...

Can someone tell me some newsgroup server about AI or datamining?
Hi, all I am sorry to post my question here, but i really need help from everyone here. I have googled for newsgroup talking about AI or dataming for a long time, however, it ends no result. Can someone show me any newsgroup servers just like msnews.microsoft.com, then I would post my question there and gather helps from those experts. Best wishes Hi, there are endless resources in the internet, you just have to look for the right words and places: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/ http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/computer_science/artificial_intelligence/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artif...

Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10
Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest hotfix they are the following first and second items in the kb article. Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!! 1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect...

Can't Find File Error Code (C00D1197)
I’m using WMP version 11.0.6002.1811 on a Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2 operating system. I have successfully burned many CDs from my library. However, I’m now encountering an error message that indicates the burn can’t take place because the file can’t be found (error code C00D1197). This error makes no sense to me. The files are in my library and WMP can find the files to play them – so why can’t it find the files to burn them? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help and time! ...

Outlook access to mail servers blocked
For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry account - any ideas folks? I am r...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

Excel vba autofilter code
I have some code to filter a result set to a list of unique names - is there something I can add that will also remove 'blank' entries ? Range("AP1:AP" & LastRowNewData).AdvancedFilter _ Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CopyToRange:=Range("A44"), _ Unique:=True Thanks ...

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

Issues Connecting to SQLServer
I=92m trying to use a DSN-less connection to a SQLSERVER DB and am experiencing problems. I can connect to all the tables I need and most of the views. However, one view is giving me problems. The view in question is a summary for use on a report =96 basically totaling up hours and dollars from a bunch of detail records =96 in an attempt to reduce the amount of data sent over the network. For some unknown reason, I can=92t set an index on the view, so whenever I try to link to it programmatically I get the =93Select Unique Record Identifier=94 dialog box. I don=92t want the end u...

Server
Working in a large office we have recently replaced our exchange server. The new server has a different name fom the old one. For the vast majority of users this has not caused a problem. One user about once a week cannot open hois Outlook and the server name reverts back to the old server name. Please help ! ...

Pass-Through Query / Multiple ODBC Connections
When creating a Pass-Through Query, is there a way to create two or more “ODBC Connect Str”s in the Property Sheet? ODBC;DSN=DMH_Hub;Description=DMH_Hub on MZPRODEDWADHOC;UID=mzbrosb;DATABASE=DMH_Hub;Trusted_Connection=Yes ODBC;DSN=DW1;Description=DW1 on MZPRODDW;UID=mzbrosb;Trusted_Connection=Yes Or better yet, is there a way to specify the connection of the query to automatically be whatever connection the linked tables are using? -- Tyro from Missouri Pass-through queries run on the server, not in Access, therefore unless the DBMS you're using on that server suppo...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

IMAP #3
Exchange 2003 SP1 Front-end : OWA server with SSL Need some mobile users to connect to IMAP server with SSL Can this server (FE OWA Server) proxy SSL IMAP request to the backend server ? If yes can I use the same SSL that’s for OWA or I need to get another? Is there any documents talking FE-BE IMAP or Exchange IMAP ? Thanks.. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Yes, that will work. Just make sure you are pointing your IMAP clients at the OWA public certificate name, otherwise you'll get an error. If I remember correctly Exchange will set this up correctly on...

Cannot connect to Exchange Server
Dear MVP, I have problem in my office, there are 2 PC's under windows 98 and using office 2000. When I open Microsoft outlook, there is an error : "Cannot connect to exchange server". Is it problem using Microsoft Outlook 2000 in windows 98. Please your help Regards Can you ping the server and resolve the server by name? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Darlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ddd60...