IMAP Inbox empty

Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated.
Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails
showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other
subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox).
How do I fix this?

0
gbplinux (1141)

Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the
IMAP Online Store.

--
Bill R MVP
"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated.
> Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails
> showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the
> other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox).
> How do I fix this?

0
BillR9171 (440)
9/19/2007 6:54:50 AM
"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated.
> Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails
> showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the
> other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox).
> How do I fix this?

very odd. I created a new profile, added the IMAP account, got "Cannot
expand this folder". Went back to the old profile, the test message was
there, nothing else. Went back to the new profile, still nothing. changed
back to the old, and all the mail suddenly re-appeared!

Hey Ho, another day....

0
gbplinux (1141)

IMAP
Hi, I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the service is not there. How do I install IMAP4 ? Thnaks. Matt On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:50:51 -0800, matt wrote: > I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the > service is not there. > > How do I install IMAP4 ? Well IMAP4 is there, the service is just disabled per default. You will need to enable and start in under Services. (Microsoft Exchange IMAP). Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

strange imap connection problems
My imap connections seem to be flaky (only imap, pop3 is fine) the first time i load outlook and send/recieve it works fine. then every time after that my machine fails on the dns lookup of the mail server. (even nslookup in console fails) any ideas whats causing this? cheers, -ciaron ...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Search Folder for Inbox and unread messages
I am seeking to use rules to presort my incoming emails to folders. I would like to be able to see ALL email in my INBOX AND ALL Unread email in the folders. Is there anyway to accomplish this? I don't see a way to do this using Search Folders, but am willing to be proven wrong. Thanks! phil.whitacre@cox.net <phil.whitacre@cox.net> wrote: > I am seeking to use rules to presort my incoming emails to folders. > > I would like to be able to see ALL email in my INBOX AND ALL Unread > email in the folders. > > Is there anyway to accomplish this? I don't see a...

Outlook 2003
If I right click my hotmail folder's Junk Email folder and select empty, it clears down the list of emails shown within that folder, though on the next Send/Recv cycle, the list reappears. I don't think that Empty actually works. Is this bug going to be fixed ? Steve are you connecting to hotmail using HTTP or the outlook connector? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

imap
Hello All, I have win2k SBS server providing email for about 20 users. Their internet connection, to the office where the exchange server lives, is 512k guaranteed up and down I believe. The clients that have desktops are set up as exchnage clients via Outlook 2k and XP. The laptop users are set up as imap clients via outlook because they will be using a dial up connection most of the time on the road or away from the office. My problem starts when an imap client's mail box gets over 100mb and then they start to get time out issues even if they have a high speed connection at the time...

IMAP #3
Exchange 2003 SP1 Front-end : OWA server with SSL Need some mobile users to connect to IMAP server with SSL Can this server (FE OWA Server) proxy SSL IMAP request to the backend server ? If yes can I use the same SSL that’s for OWA or I need to get another? Is there any documents talking FE-BE IMAP or Exchange IMAP ? Thanks.. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Yes, that will work. Just make sure you are pointing your IMAP clients at the OWA public certificate name, otherwise you'll get an error. If I remember correctly Exchange will set this up correctly on...

Problem with columns and imap
I'm having problems with the with windows live mail and the columns on my imap email account. If I change columns in the inbox the columns in the sent mail box changes to the also. How can I set the columns in each folder independently? I have no problems doing with with my pop account. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...

IMAP to Ex2k3 Migration command line
Morning, All. I'm looking for information on doing a migration from an IMAP server to Exchange 2003. I have found information in the deployment guide, and setup the CSV files (which work from the GUI) and control files. However, every time I run the process, the grey window with the progress bar appears, and then dissappears almost immidiately. The last message I see is "connecting to MAPI" - then, it's gone - no errors in the event logs, just a "Migration starts, Migraton Stops". I have used the command line version of the migration tool before to do an Exchang...

message disappears from inbox after replying
When I reply to a message in my inbox, and click SEND in the reply to message window, the original message disappears from the inbox. I want the messages to stay in my inbox, even if I have replied. Thank you, ...

Exchange Inbox no longer auto archiving
OL2K3 SP3 connected to Exchange Server. My Inbox is no longer archiving. I see the message in the status area saying that archiving is taking place, but no messages are moved. Auto archive schedule set for every 2 weeks. Have tried "archive according to default schedule" & specifically "archive every 2 weeks" Have also tried manual archive (File - Archive ...) Can drag and drop messages from Inbox to Archive folder Other folders from the OST do archive correctly Have created a new Outlook profile and a new archive folder Can archive from a test PST Inbo...

Is there any way to share ALL folders in the inbox....
without having to mark each folder individually. In our firm, the attorneys want to share their entire inbox, including all folders. This could be hundreds of folders and subfolders. As far as I can tell, each one needs to shared individually, unless I am missing something. By the way, this is Outlook 2003. are you doing it from Outlook or the ESM? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

Deleting IMAP messages from a deleted IMAP account
It's wee bit strange: I configured an IMAP account and later deleted it. Now I see a a few IMAP messages (with headers alone) in "My Outlook" Inbox (NOT IMAP Inbox, as I don't have that anymore) that I want to purge. But everytime I attempt purging MS Outlook asks me to download the message, which I cannot as I don't have the IMAP account anymore. I tried adding the IMAP account but this time the IMAP messages are downloaded in the designated IMAP Inbox. Any thoughts will make my day! Naren ...

PersonalFolders to use IMAP
I'm setting up Outlook 2003 and moving from Outlook 2002. When I started Outlook03 it asked me to set up my email account, which is an IMAP account. It created the Personal Folders, but then a seperate top level folder for my IMAP account. Is there anyway to get the IMAP account folders to be in the Personal Folders tree? When I try to go into Tools, Email Account, View or Change..., Deliver Mail to ..., the IMAP folder structure is not listed as an option, on the Personal Folders. I had this setup working in OutlookXP on my older machine, but can't seem to figure out how to do it...

make a cell empty based on condition
I am trying to make a cell value be null with the following:=IF($C$2>=A18,A18,"") My goal is to make C18 be empty if this is false. I don't want it to be blank; I want it to be as if I never typed a value in the cell at all. When I try the above, C18 is blank when the above evaluates to false, but I am creating a chart and the chart recognizes the cell as having a value. It plots the data point. I've already gone to Tools/Options/Chart and set it to not plot empty cells. The problem is that it still shows the x-axis value though with no data. If I delete the c...

Adding a Gmail IMAP tag/folder to Entourage
I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed the message lists etc. On 5/15/10 3:46 PM, in article 9dd4e304-c593-4248-866a-b79e0324ea27@q8g2000vbm.googlegroups.com, "Kerry" <kerry@fastmail.net> wrote: > I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately > appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed > the message lists etc. Click on the account in the folder list. Select "Receive complete folder list". -- Diane Ros...

GetFieldValue returns empty string on NVARCHAR(MAX) field.
Hello all, I have a problem with an MFC ODBC application using CRecordSet, retrieving a field of type NVARCHAR(MAX) into a multibyte CString variable (the code is not compiled for unicode because it is an old app which doesn't support that). GetFieldValue always returns an empty string, because it copies the data from the field into m_pszData[1] of the CString variable, instead of m_pszData[0] in the ::GetLongCharDataAndCleanup function. The only other mention of strange behaviour regarding SQL_WLONGVARCHAR or SQL_LONGVARCHAR I could find is in KB157071, but it looks like that has ...

IMAP mail servers
I was wondering whether or not there was a way for me to directly send a file, after I press delete, to a folder. Basically what happens right now, is that I get a strikethrough through the file name, but that doesn't appear very organized. Instead, what I want is to send all the files that I've deleted to the deleted folder I've created whenever I press delete. This is on IMAP, is there a way to do it? Thanks, C In message <<043301c39b99$73add6e0$a501280a@phx.gbl>> "CJ" <kabawaba@hotmail.com> did ramble: >I was wondering whether or not ther...

empty business required fields
As you know, a lead can be converted to an opportunity. However, in my opportunity entity i have many new buiness required fields When the lead converts, it leaves the fields empty. Users can then modify the opportunity and fill them in. What I am wondering is this: will empty Busines Required fields in the data be a problem during an upgrade to CRM 4.0? Thanks I don't believed it will cause any problem during the upgrade. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Feb 15, 8:13=A0am, paul_do...@yahoo.com wrote: > As you know, a lead can be converted to an op...

Export GAL to a "csv" file for Internet POP3/IMAP users
Hi all, Can someone suggest me how to export our AD Global Address List to a csv file so that our Internet users connecting to our corporate email server via POP3/IMAP can download the Address List (say from the Webserver Location) and use it. Regards, Sudeep The utility you are looking for is csvde.exe. http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/enterprise/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/enterprise/proddocs/en-us/csvde.asp or, if you prefer: http://snipurl.com/7kmr William Sudeep Batra wrote: > Hi all, > &g...

Apple Mail Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger and Exchange 2007 IMAP
Hi, Is there a known compatibility issue with IMAP server running on Exchange 2007 and Apple Mail client running on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger? We were using Exchange 2003 IMAP Server earlier to access email on all Apple Mail clients, however after upgrading to Exchange 2007 IMAP Server, the Apple Mail client takes a hell lot of time updating messages from the server to the extent that it becomes unusable. If I install Entourage 2004 on the same Mac computer, then it works pretty well with Exchange 2007 IMAP. However, there is an issue only with Apple Mail and Exchange 2007 IMAP. Has anyone else ...

Outlook 2003 Imap Duplicate emails in the Imap inbox
I'm having this problem where I get duplicate emails in my Outlook imap inbox. If I exit out of Outlook 2003 and go back in, the emails in my inbox show up as one email. But when the next email comes in to my inbox there are duplicates. If I exit out of Outlook 2003 and re-launch Outlook and go back in the previous email that showed up as a duplicate now shows up as one email message. I just can't figure out why. I know when it shows up as a duplicate email it indeed is one email message. I can open up either email message in the inbox and the content is the same. Again if I...