Imail to Outlook 2003

Hi all:

I have an Imail server which I'm taking offline, I can see folders on the
Imail system but I can't seem to get them off so I can put it on Outlook.
For example: uder Inbox there are folders, but they don't download to
Outlook when I'm running in either Pop3 mode of IMAP

I have tried posting with iMail, but they are useless!!!  That's why I'm
taking it offline and going to Exchange (eventually)

Thanks, Bob J

0
bob_joyce (1)

Outlook 2000 hanging, taking forever to send

Templates in Outlook 2000??
Hi everyone, For reason that I won't go into, my company still uses Outlook 2000 (and the rest of Office 2000). We have to send very similar e-mails (apart from different recipient and date) to many different people all the time. There would be about eight or ten standard emails involved. Up to now we have been just cutting and pasting from old e-mails into the new ones and making the adjustments as need. Can we in Outlook 2000 set up templates for this and when we need to send, say, "Response 3" to a customer, can we just select that template. Better still can we put ei...

Connection Filtering Allow IPs and Exchange 2003 SP2
We've recently upgraded our servers to Exchange 2003 SP2 and ever since the connection filtering's allow IP list seems to disregard the fact that we have our entire internal network in the connection filtering allow IP list. Messages still get stamped with SCL levels from other internal non-exchange smtp servers, such as web servers that send messages to employees. We can't use authenticated sessions from these servers as they sometimes have to appear from different users. The interesting thing is that when we send something from our external network, the allow ip list holds true ...

Excel 2003 and Content-Encoding:gzip
Hi, I have been using IE to download an excel file which is served by an servlet with Content-Encoding:gzip and it has been unpacked and served to Excel 2000 just fine. Now with Excel 2003 it seems as IE is passing the link directly to Excel 2003 and it doesn't understand the zipped content. Any ideas/teories on this? Thanks in advance, Nik ...

outlook HTTPS connection and outlook MSCRM client
Hello, We have installed on our laptop a MSCRM outlook client. Now many people take this laptop home and check there email from home using there internetconnection. We have configured the outlook client so, that the people can connect to the exchange server through https, for not using vpn. Now when we start up outlook, he gives an error that the crm server could not be contacted (which is ofcourse normal). But afterwards when we close outlook and start it up again, he says that outlook is not closed properly and starts to rebuild the messages. Is there a solution for or? Thanx in adv...

Outlook Hangs #6
Hi I have a clients laptop with Outlook 2000 installed. Windows XP Pro OS. For no apparent reason Outlook has started playing up. It takes an ag to load and when it does altho it appears ok it cannot be used, the minute one tries to say, "reply" to an email (an mail~) or compose new mail, whatever option is chosen the system just hangs with an hourglass display. The only way out is to end the task completely. A system restore seems to work very briefly but then the problem reappears within one or two uses of Outlook. I do not want to have to wipe the whole laptop but in t...

switch from outlook express to outlook
Comparison of outlook to outlook express (which I have now). How do they compare and how would I switct to Outlook if I decide to? Thanks. Do you need a calendar or task tracker? "Terry Cuyler" <tcuyler@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:034701c36aa1$3ff90870$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Comparison of outlook to outlook express (which I have > now). How do they compare and how would I switct to > Outlook if I decide to? ...

how to set up email address for outlook 2003
Hello. I have just put Microsoft Office 2003 onto my computer but i cant get my email working. The email all opens, i can go in and write an email but when i go to send it says the server cannot be found and also i did not enter an email address or anything like that so how do i get an email address for outlook 2003? Any help or advice on how i should set this up would be really appreciated. Thanks x debbie In OL Tools>Accounts add an email account using the info supplied by your ISP. Then in the same account window test the account. NB your ISP may give info for setting up Outlook ...

outlook sync problem
Hi i'm triying to sync my outlook calendar and mobile telephone, sometimes it works sometimes i get a time out. At the beginning of the sync process outlook displays a windows informing me "a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in outlook" it also says something else about allowing the connection for a set length of time. Unfortunately the window is only on the screen for a split second. Where can i change the time? thanks The software is XTNDConnect bundled with a Sony Ericson bluetooth mobile. I have been all over the software and can&...

Setup GAL in Outlook
I am using POP3 connector on our exchange server to allow connection from Outlook to Exchange server. I want to access the GAL from the server, however when I setup the LDAP directory server I get the error Can't connect to LDAP Directory Server (81). Could some please give me instructions on how to setup the my address list in Outlook correctly. Thanks If connecting to an Exchange 2000 or 2003 environment, then your LDAP connection should point to a global catalog server. Please note that you will have to provide a userid/password since Active Directory does not allow anonymou...

Outlook and viruses #2
Hi folks, Obviously viruses need to be run, however I have heard of virus infected emails that need to be opened to infect a pc....not the attachment, the email. If this is true then does the mail window which allows one to see an email without opening it pose a risk? I do not open junk email, but it may open in this window. Thanks, Danny Yes, HTML messages can be a risk in older versions of Outlook. One of the first ones that I remember is the KAK worm. This bugger arrived as an innocent HTML message that exploited an Active-X component on the machine to place a file in a pre-d...

installing outlook 2007 after uninstalling outlook 2010 beta
I had to uninstall Office 2010 beta because it was not playing well with our corporate exchange server. However when I instaled office 2007 professional again outlook keeps recognizing the pprevious 2010 install and fails to initiate. Help!! I have to be back in the office tomorrow powering through -- Aldo M. Martinez You should create a new Outlook Profile, assuming the beta successfuly uninstalled "Aldo M Martinez" <AldoMMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E0852B9-10D5-492C-AC58-4FBA0FF8D467@microsoft.com... >I had to uninstal...

Outlook XP no Flags for Hotmail Email
I read my Hotmail/MSN email within Outlook XP. Noticed that you can not Flag an email like you can with email that is downloaded from a POP account. Is there no way to flag email in Outlook if it comes from webbased Hotmail or MSN? ...

Duplicate Appointments in CRM 4 Outlook Client
We have the following scenario 1. CRM User 1 creates an appointment in Outlook and adds CRM User 2 as a required recipient. CRM User 1 then marks it as tracked in CRM and sends the meeting request via Outlook. 2. CRM User 2 receives and accepts the meeting request so that the appointment appears in their calendar. 3. CRM User 2 synchronises with CRM and finds that the appointment created in Step 1 appears as a duplicate to the appointment they accepted in Step 2. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Many thanks, Scott Hi Scott, I'm afrid this is probably standard, expected be...

Outlook 2000 & Outlook Express
Hi. I have a high speed cable connection with up to 7 email addresses. My address is the primary one, and I have my email running into Outlook 2000. My daughter has an email address (secondary address) and I want to put hers into Outlook Express. I set it up in both programs. Mine in Outlook, hers in Express. I sent her an email from Outlook but she's not getting it. Anything you could tell me that would help? Thanks in advance! Only one mail account can be the default in one profile. You do not mention the Operating System that you are using but try setting up OS specific pr...

How to use outlook connector without outlook
Hello Can i use outlook connector without outlook? I want to use it from c++ code, is it possible? In documentation for this connector there is a list with two files which maybe i can use: MSOC32.dll A Message Application Program Interface (MAPI) connector that allows Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino to communicate with a Lotus Domino server. MSOCrc.dll The resource file for Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino. You might try asking in a programming group "down the hall." --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion inta...

Drive M Permissions in Exhange 2003
My goal is to be able to look at all files and folders under the MBX folder. Where can I change/set the permissions on these files and folders to allow me read access to all of these? Do not modify permissions on the M drive. Don't back it up, don't let AV software touch it. Pretend it doesn't exist. See MSKB 262054 for info on how to grant your account permissions to all mailboxes. crmcm wrote: > My goal is to be able to look at all files and folders under the MBX > folder. Where can I change/set the permissions on these files and > folders to allow me read access to a...

Outlook Today
When I configure Outlook Today to display all my tasks, it only shows 50. Can this be configured to show more thatn 50? ...

Synchronise Outlook with Outlook
The message I get relates to this I found on the Microsoft website: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook" message because the Outlook Address Book is guarded programmatically for security reasons. This message helps to prevent another program from automatically accessing your Address Book or Contacts list or from sending messages on your behalf without your permission. The message is useful to allow some programs (like Microsoft ActiveSync´┐Ż or Palm Desktop) to access your contact information so that you can synchronize your personal digital ass...

Outlook 2000 #18
with SP 3, when trying to find related messages or messsages from sender, Outlook freezes, then message pops up to send an error report, and then closes. Need assistance on how to fix this. I think KB 822868 has a hot fix but can only be gotten from Microsoft. Any one got it already? >-----Original Message----- >with SP 3, when trying to find related messages or >messsages from sender, Outlook freezes, then message pops >up to send an error report, and then closes. Need >assistance on how to fix this. >. > Do you really want a patch coming from someone other tha...

cant open outlook
I have been using Outlook successfully and have used it today. But I tried to open it and it comes up with a message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window". Can you open it in safe mode? Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe (note the space between outlook.exe and /safe) Vista, Windows 7 Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe (same space) Please let me know. "snakebite" <snakebite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CFE5B5C-A58E-4D76-9291-508481DE03A0@microsoft.com... > I have been ...

Outlook domain password...
I've got a laptop running windows XP. the user logs into the local machine, but is joined to the domain. He can access the server, but when he tries to open outlook, it brings up the enter password dialog box (User name, password, domain). Entering his correct domain information returns an incorrect logon info message. I've tried deleting the account from the laptop, and have tried using an account on the laptop using a different name. Neither method works. I've even tried using the administrator passord for the domain in the enter password dialog box. It should be...

Outlook clients crashing
Recently we migrated our exchange from 5.5 to 2003. The process went as follow: Win200&Exch5.5->Win2003&Exch2003 on temporary box->Win2003&Exch2003 on permanent home. Since the final move we have had a slew of the following: 1)Outlook just closes. 2)Outlook becomes unresponsive 3)Event ID 1002 (Hanging application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 9.0.0.2416, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.) on our terminal servers. Since there was no signs of this before the final move I am inclined to think it has something to do with this. No accompanying errors a...

Scripting Outlook Filters
Is it possible to add Outlook mail filters by way of vbscript or perl? (or any other language) If so, can anyone point me to some resources? Thanks! "Filters" as in rules? Only in Outlook 2007, which is currently in beta. = --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 <germanshorthairpointer@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:11547252...

my outlook runs very slowly
I have just reinstalled windows xp and office xp. Now my outlook runs very slowly. It takes ages to open an email and scroll through them. Do anyone have any idea what I can do. Have already tried to repair outlook but didn't work! Many thanks. Henrik. Try turning off the "Instant Messaging" Open the TOOLS menu Select OPTIONS... Select the OTHER tab Turn off the check mark next to "Enable Instant Messaging on Microsoft Outlook" -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "henrik lauridsen" <hfldc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04c401c3cd92$e055...