Images in email load very slowly, even if from safe sender

I was using the Live Mail desktop client for awhile but I needed more
PIM features (the recent Calendar integration into Live mail is a nice
touch but it's not enough) so I switched to Outlook 2007. I'm liking it
a lot so far, does everything I need and more for school- but I'm
noticing that emails with a lot of images - which have been marked by
me as coming from a 'Safe Sender' still take several seconds to load
the images. Compared to the instantaneous loading of these same images
from the very same list of 'Safe Senders' in Live Mail Desktop, I
cannot help but wonder if there is something I can do in Outlook to
speed up image loading in all emails from 'Safe Senders'?

Any help would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!

--
Jakobkraft

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

losing emails to distribution groups
Hi, We have an exchange 2003 sp2 server. In the last 3 months occasionally emails sent to distribution groups don't get through, from both internal addresses and external ones. For example today one of our users sent an email to a client cc'ed the support group, the client replied to all, but neither email arrived at the support distribution group. However if when I sent a test emails internally and from an external account to the group they get through. The support group gets 300 emails a month, and we know of only about 5 in the last month that hasn't got through. The same ...

my email No.550
i cant send emails. they return as "turn authentication on" how do i do it? "petersky" <petersky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDA482D9-48A5-4F22-BBB4-E9B90889A4E2@microsoft.com... >i cant send emails. they return as "turn authentication on" how do i do >it? Tools-Account Settings-change-more settings-outgoing server and check the authentication box ...

Not having full view of an email
I am using Outlook 2002. I received a legitimate email that was not complete in the previw pane. On opening the email the view was still not complete. However when I replied or when I forwarded the email, the upper part of the message was able to be viewed. Any comments? Regards, Michele ...

Cannot delete email in outlook 2000
I am trying do delete email from outlook 2000, but then the program hangs. The PST folder is up to its 2 Gb limit and I can not archive, compact or delete any of the mails. What now??? [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.outlook and a copy was sent to the cited author.] In article <943c01c345f8$8b0d0c80$a401280a@phx.gbl>, ryall@tradinghouse.co.za says... > I am trying do delete email from outlook 2000, but then > the program hangs. The PST folder is up to its 2 Gb limit > and I can not archive, compact or delete any of the mails. > > What now??? > ...

Gateway 510 not loading from CD drive
Ok guys I have a friends computer that had a virus and could not restart just looped back through so I used killdisk on the IDE harddrive. I cannot and could not get the harddrive to load from the CD I have been in BOIS and disabaled everything except the CD drive it would tell me to rebbot and select the boot drive. Well I took the harddrive out of my computer and ran the empty harddrive that had been cleaned with killdisk and and installed the drivers for the gateway and the windows xp when I reinstalled it back into the computer that was damaged I get the blue screen of death th...

How do I choose which email address I send from???
I reinstalled Outlook 2000 after a virus and in the old one, (same version/install disc) when I created an email message, the send button was a drop down menu with a selection of email addresses to "send from" Now I can only send emails from the one address and everyone replies to my dial up address, when I need them to be replying to the correct address. How do I get this feature back??? You don't say why you cannot use this feature? Are you saying the dropdown is no longer there or it doesn't work? If the button is missing you can add it again - use the Customise ...

Vista wont load after windows update installed
Today Windows said I needed to install some items to update but one failed. I clocked try to install again and it suggested I restart. After restarting, Vista would not boot. Only a black screen. I restarted with F8 and got only 2 choices: repair or start normal. Starting normal starts this black screen with a typr of file filtering that says: !! 0xc0190036 !! ###/87982 (filename.dll). I tried to repair, but it goes through and clicking finish, it restarts and the same thing starts over! the black screen with files running. the ### area changes and the filename, but it w...

Document Imaging
I have two issues related to this. First, Document Imaging is not showing in 2010 beta. I have done a complete install, and told the install to run all from my computer. I have Windows 7 64 and I cannot find Document Imaging. A related problem is on my machine also running 7 64 and I have Office 2007, Document Imaging appears but the Document Imaging Printer doesn't appear. Is this a 64 bit issue? If so, why are they making a big fuss that 2010 will be available in 64 bit. Why have the 64 bit if you have reduced functionality? ...

Editing emails
Hi there We recently moved to Outlook 2003 and not only can you edit the subject line, but if you right click on the message and select Edit Message you can edit the message. This replaces what was originally sent to you. We would like to disable this feature before users accidentally discover it. Can it be disabled? Thanks in advance. Kylie B All versions of Outlook have always worked this way -- as do other mail = programs. Once the user receives the message, it's theirs to do with as = they wish. If you want to restrict that, you would need to add a layer = of message security...

IMAGE
Hello I have set up some stationery but my nice crisp clean company logo looks poor qualiy when I do a test and receive it back in the email. It looks very good in outlook when sending but not so on receiving - does Outlook compress images to a certain quality - can I do something to ensure good quality image? thanks Jeff ...

Add image over other images
Hey guys, Basically I have two pictures: A map (quite a large picture) A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Thanks in advance for any help! Am 05.05.2010 05:51, schrieb bourkeyo: > Basically I have two pictures: > > A map (quite a large picture) > A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) > > Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Take a look at the following classes/methods: 'Bitmap': Constructor and 'Save' m...

email folders in Project Center

Probs deleting an unwanted email
got a spam email in my inbox, trouble is whenever I try to right click it or left click it, or delete it, or move it, OE just freezes up. Can't get rid of the b******! Have tried emptying whole inbox, multiple deletes, nothing works, any attempt to remove this email results in a freeze. Its called 'paid soda challenge' if that makes any difference. Any ideas anyone? many thanks b -- "Over my dead body will my son play for Chelsea" ~ The late Mr Robben. 0001000010100010001 <bill55bill55bill@iblueyonder.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > got a spam email in my inbox...

email filter
Is there a program for Outlook that will filter out junk messages? messages that are address to the wrong person in the office? My other email is in MSN and they have a very strong junk filter program free of charge which seems to work really well. Any advice? Take a look at GFI "Jean" <jeankim77@msn.com> wrote in message news:379401c35572$ab230ea0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a program for Outlook that will filter out junk > messages? messages that are address to the wrong person > in the office? My other email is in MSN and they have a > very strong ju...

TreeCtrl and Images
I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image list. Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays the normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show normal image before the state image ? On Jan 6, 10:44=A0am, shubhishubhi <shubhishu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image l= ist. > Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays= the > normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show ...

Inbox Emails Disappear when Reply
Home User with Outlook 2003 .. When I reply to a message in my inbox, it appears in my sent items folder but the original message disappears from the inbox. Any insights appreciated PowerUser Do you have a view set to hide read items? (See View > Arrange By...) "PowerUser" <nlm@powerusers.com> wrote in message news:12e2hh6fgmfabb3@corp.supernews.com... > Home User with Outlook 2003 .. When I reply to a message in my inbox, it > appears in my sent items folder but the original message disappears from > the inbox. Any insights appreciated > > Pow...

can't find email address in my organization
Hello all, I'm trying to search for a particular smtp email address and find out what user is holding that address, how can i accomplish this? Garry Try this: Go to AD Users & Computers, right-click on your Domain | Find | change the Find drop-down to "Custom Search" (you could also change the "IN" drop-down to "Entire Directory" if you have more than 1 domains) | go to Advanced tab | type "(proxyAddresses=smtp:user@domain.com)". This will give you the object - of any type (user, group, contact, public folders... ) - that has that email addr...

Help! Keep getting problem in email coding...
I don't know why when I reply a friend's email, she always complain that I sent her scrambled texts... I have checked: If the email is initiated from my Outlook 2003, she has no problem of reading it. The code-set is correct. If the email is originated from her and I reply her, due to her email setting, my Outlook 2003 always use "Unicode UTF-8", which she cannot read. This is annoying. I tried to find a place to change/make Outlook 2003 more smartly... but I could not find the option. There is only one option, but it insists on letting Outlook 2003 "automatical...

Outlook email notification #2
How can I set Outlook to give visual notification of incoming emails, without keeping Outlook open and minimized? Thanks for any help. "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e001c3deb6$8c2895b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I set Outlook to give visual notification of > incoming emails, without keeping Outlook open and > minimized? > > Thanks for any help. You can't AFAIK.....you can get various third-party mail checkers that will do the job however - do a google search. ...

Can receive email but cant send email
Outlook 2002 is receiving mail fine, but I cannot send mail as of last Saturday. I was working fine for many months! After I click send, it sends the message to the Outbox and never sends it. I click on "send/receive" and I can receive new mail, but the outgoing mail in the Outbox doesn't send. I get an error message that reads: Task 'mail.kathyabbott.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I ...

Capturing a screen image
I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and labs where my students use Excel XP. I would like to be able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't work any more. How can I print the entire screen image in my document? Thanks, Evelyn Depending on what you want, hit printscreen button or the printscreen button in combination with Ctrl or Shift. then go to your application, such as word or excel and do edit => Paste. This should give a bitmap picture of the part of the screen you captured. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Evelyn <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote i...

mirror image
I put together a floor plan for a home. I need to mirror or flip the floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this. I selected the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but that only flips each shape. It keeps each shape stationary but flips it 180 degrees. That is not what I need to do. I want to be able to flip the whole image. For example. The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the south side. I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me? I just tried this. Select everything, group, then flip it. Appeared to work (at l...

How do I setup my Outlook to send from another email address or alias?
How do I setup my Outlook to send from another email address or alias? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com "Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com" <u57604@uwe> wrote in message news:a609beedbc638@uwe... > How do I setup my Outlook to send from another email address or alias? Add an account using that address to Outlook. Since you decided not to state your Outlook version, you can figure out how. Most likely it will be under Tools>E-mail Accounts or Tools>Account Settings. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

image of folder as embedded object
how do i show an image of a folder and corresponding title using image control? for example, would have picture of folder followed by the words full fee schedule. what to copy that image and embed in form. building online documentation for a non technical user tried inserting picture thru image control thanks for your help ...