illegal operation #5

when i attempt to open outlook a box opens saying there was an illegal operation "outlook caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 017f: 3a61f688"  what does that mean and what can I do?
0
gasner (1)

Excel getting closed giving an error message that some illegal operations occure
I am not able to open an excel file created by me. I created some macros in this book and later deleted all the macros. When I attempt to open the work book it says the following message: This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor. EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at 017f:3009f643. Registers: EAX=00002ffd CS=017f EIP=3009f643 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=0062ae52 SS=0187 ESP=006292e4 EBP=0062935c ECX=fc00001a DS=0187 ESI=0221c248 FS=408f EDX=0207000c ES=0187 EDI=025346e8 GS=3d76 Bytes at CS:EIP...

Exchange 5.5 SP4 and NT 4.0 SP6
I'm running the above mentioned configuration and nothing has changed on the box, i.e. software or hardware. About two months ago I started having a problem with the information store shutting down, which in turn shuts down the Internet Mail Service. Usually this happens after normal business hours when nobody is there to restart it and it's happening about every other day. I was curious if there is any type of logging that I can turn on or any database tools for Exchange that I can try using. The Event viewer doesn't have anything that seems useful to dianose the pro...

"The Operation Failed" #2
This is the message I get when I try to open Outlook 2000. I'm running Win2K. I recently had a serious crash and my computer is still not stable. However, I AM able to run Outlook Express. I've had viruses, which are cleaned out. (Bliss, Hacktool.Sechole). And whenever I start up any of the Office programs, they go through the "installation" process as if they were never started before. It's as if the computer has no memory that they've already been installed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ...

comfirm task deletion in business portal 2.5
good Afternoon all, When I log into Business Portal, I click on the Create journal entries, I get an : "confirm task Deletion" - Permission for the page associated with the task has been revoked. would you like to remove the task. I am logged on as administrator???? Any suggestions thanks in advance Nic Hi Nic - The tasks you're referring to provide the ability to launch directly into Great Plains windows via Terminal Server (available from any of the Center Pages and as tasks from many of the Information Page Web Parts). In order to use this functionality ple...

Quick Exchange 5.5 Question #2
With MS Exchange 5.5 Enterprise edition, is there a maximum size for an individual mailbox or is this simply determined by available hardware as well? Thanks, Jonathan "Jonathan M. Lerche" <lerchejm@corning.com> wrote: >With MS Exchange 5.5 Enterprise edition, is there a >maximum size for an individual mailbox none that i know of. when the mailbox passes 2GB the displayed size will be incorrect, but that's not a limitation. >or is this simply >determined by available hardware as well? yup. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at h...

illegal xml character
one night after i have finished my project on word07, i saved it in my USB flash disk. And on the next morning i would like to make some ammendments to it, i caouldn't open the file. It says, error occurs when opening the file. Detail information as follows: Illegal xml character. Position: wor/document.xml Row2 when happened?? i tried to open it after i have saved and it worked!! my file is extremely urgent!! could anyone please help, please !!! What has happened is a tough lesson. Never use Word (save or work) directly with any type of removable media. Always copy to...

Upgrading to Office 10.4 and 10.5 #2
I am running System 10.3 and have office. I have upgraded to 10.1.3 but when I try to upgrade to 10.1.4 and/or 10.1.5 I get messges tht say sometimes it cannot find office on my computer and at other times that I need the earlier updates. has anyone any ideas? Many thanks, Mark You needed to update to 10.1.2 first or you get problems... http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx? pid=3Ddownload&location=3D/mac/DOWNLOAD/OFFICEX/ OfficeX_1015.xml&secid=3D5&ssid=3D15&flgnosysreq=3DTrue=20 Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update=20 This update addresses several stability issues w...

illegal alias
Hi, I experience a stange issue, the user tata@exemple.com tried to send an email to toto@pp.com and he received this error message: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'toto@pp.com'. Subject 'Test', Account: 'tata', Server: 'smtp.example.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias 'toto@pp.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79. But tata can send an email to another user titi@pp.com (ti...

IMAP/PDA suspect operation.
We are currently using an E2K3 server on an up to date W2K3 server. We are experiencing some slightly odd behaviour with some of our PDA clients downloading email to their mobile devices using IMAP. Out of 25 users, about 3 or 4 of them are not getting some mail downloaded to their device. If you check their mailbox in OWA you can see mail that has not been opened or moved and has apparently not been downloaded to their device. You can then send them a new email which will be successfully pulled down to their device but the other emails still stay there untouched. Why would this be so?...

Illegal Operations
I am desperate for some help. Since yesterday, I get a message on my Outlook as so as I open it that it has performed an illegal operation. Details state that there is an invalid page fault in module MSO9.DLL@016f:308f3e51. The only day that I have 2 important e-mails to open and I can't get in. Does anyone have a suggestion??? Thanks, Bev Hi Bev, Read this for a start and see if it helps: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241817 -Rob AttorneyCop.com >-----Original Message----- >I am desperate for some help. Since yesterday, I get a >message on my Outlook as s...

Error in equation 'Illegal syntax' when printing
I've got a user with a new laptop. GP is installed & has been working fine. Today he tried to print a job cost report (to printer and to screen) and gets a pop up window with 'Error in equation '*** ILLEGAL SYNTAX *** [] [Not Found] '. He has the dept. standard printer set up on his PC. I tried printing the job cost report from my PC and it prints fine, so it's not the job. I tried printing a different job from his PC, same problem. I tried using a different printer from his PC, same problem. So it's clearly something with a GP install file. I'm g...

Exchange 5.5 DS issue
Hello all, We are still running on exchange 5.5. Yesterday we had a SAN issue and the IS shutdown. Today we noticed that they are some errors on the DS. The DS could not back up and the online defrag stops in the middle. When we run DS update from teh exchange server we get the error: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event Category: Replication Configuration Event ID: 2019 Date: 1/21/2005 Time: 11:18:07 AM User: N/A Computer: servername Description: An error occurred updating the replica of naming context '/o=org/ou=site' on server 'server'. The repl...

Illegal Operation
First, thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me with this problem When I try to start outlook express I get a message saying: "This program has performed an illegal operation & will be shut down" After pressing details I get: "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module MSOE.dll at 016f:007c5c01".....etc I went to the outlook pages at Microsoft and followed the directions there and still have the same problem. The site tells me to check the properties on all the dbx files and make sure that the read-only box is not check...

"operation cancelled due to restrictions placed on this computer"
I cannot access links in my emails because of this error. Can it be fixed? Question is answered several time a day here. Never be afraid to read the posts before you make yet another: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Russ Valentine "Geri" <Geri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16FB3950-F0D4-46CD-9CB7-49A4EBB8B3C7@microsoft.com... > I cannot access links in my emails because of this error. > Can it be fixed? ...

Great Plains 7.5 and SQL SP3
Am looking to install SQL SP3a..running GP 7.5. Just wanted to see if anyone has had any issues, or any watch for this or that.....Thanks None from our side always good to follow best practices and make complete backup of all the databases including master,msdb, model before the sp >-----Original Message----- >Am looking to install SQL SP3a..running GP 7.5. Just wanted to see if anyone >has had any issues, or any watch for this or that.....Thanks > > >. > ...

Operation failed #14
I have encountered a problem that occurs quite frequently when accessing MS Office Outlook. Running XP + SP2. When I try to open Outlook an error message is displayed The Operation Failed. I then have to reboot my PC . An suggestions on what the problem is and how to correct would be most welcomed In news:lxaVe.23079$k22.12508@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk, belto <belto@blueyonder.co.uk> typed: > I have encountered a problem that occurs quite frequently when > accessing MS Office Outlook. > Running XP + SP2. > When I try to open Outlook an error message is displayed &g...

Exchange 5.5 OWA -- draft e-mail saved in Inbox ??
Our organization runs Exchange 5.5 with OWA. Recently we have "moved" OWA from one server to another. Everything works fine until one user complained that when saving draft messages, it would be saved to the Inbox instead of the Draft folder ? I appreciate any suggestion ! Itrcb4 wrote: > Our organization runs Exchange 5.5 with OWA. > > Recently we have "moved" OWA from one server to another. Everything > works fine until one user complained that when saving draft messages, > it would be saved to the Inbox instead of the Draft folder ? > > I appr...

OWA 2003 in a Exchange 5.5 environment
We currently have an Exchange 5.5 environment with Exchange 5.5 OWA. Though we would like to move to Exchange Server 2003 one day, we were wondering if we would be able to implement Exchange 2K3 OWA immediately in our Exchange 5.5 environment? If you install a new Exchange 2003 server into your org and move the mailboxes across, those users will get the new OWA 2003 interface. Users remaining on 5.5 would not. Are you using a separate 5.5 OWA server in addition to your 5.5 mailbox server? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeb...

Illegal Syntax
Since my upgrade to v9 (.301) my users have been getting an "Error in equation '*** ILLEGAL SYNTAX" type error when printing some of our customized reports. I have tried recreating the reports.dic but this error still occurs and there is not help in any KB. Anyone else have this problem or know of a potential cause or solution? Thanks! MAC Hi Mac. What reports are you getting this error on? Some modifed reports do not upgrade, and you will have to modify them from scratch in V9. If you hAve your V9 CD's, you can find a list of the reports that won't upgrade. Loo...

Email's status automatically change to read after 5 mins
Hi, I encountered this problem with my Outlook 2007 running on Windows Vista Business edition. The email's status will automatically change to 'read' after 5 mins residing in the Inbox, even before I click on the the mail. Anybody that encountere the same problem can enlighten me on how to solve this problem? Thanks in advanced. Cheers, wisman "Wisman" <Wisman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FEE9D77-316A-4F0A-B0E2-63C86D5CA394@microsoft.com... > I encountered this problem with my Outlook 2007 running on Windows Vista &...

get/change operation on SY_Current_Activity record already locked
We just upgraded to GP 9.0 with SP2 on SQL Server 2005 Express and we cannot login to GP. Both of the 2 licensed concurrent users are showing as already logged in the system. Since they are on GP 9.0, it gives them the delete activity screen, but then gives an error message and they can go no further. These are the two following erorr messages: “A get/change operation on table ‘SY_Current_Activity’ failed the record was already locked” “A get/change operation on table ‘SY_End_Routines_Check_MSTR’ (45)” (When I click on more information, I get more detail that says the disk might ...

Permission error while migrating from Exchnage5.5 to exchange 2003
Hi Guys I have upgraded Windows NT 4. Domain to Windows 2003.The Upgrade is working smooth have two Exchange 5.5 Servers, Exchngsrv1 and Exchngsrv2 in the NT 4 domain installed on Windows NT 4.0 with Exchange Service packs.ExchngSRV1 is acting as a front end server and ExchngSRV2 is acting as a backend server has the information store on it. I installed Exchange 2003 on separate windows 2003 Server with the new Exchange organization name. I want to do inter organizational migration using Exchange migration Wizard. I am running the Exchange migration wizard with /m switch using (XCHADMIN...

migration from 5.5 to 5.5!
we have just built a new exchange 5.5 box, the mailboxes have been moved but we cant replicate the public folders from the old box. The structure seems to come across along with the permissions... but there is no data in the folders????? Any ideas? Have you rehomed PFs? See http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm compaq wrote: > we have just built a new exchange 5.5 box, the mailboxes have been > moved but we cant replicate the public folders from the old box. The > structure seems to come across along with the permissions... but there > is no data in the folders???...

Need Help with Illegal Operation Error
Hi - I am hoping someone can help me. I have a file that I set up that links to other files. I created i and I can open it fine but the problem is when anyone else tries t open it they get an error similar to illegal operation and their exce closes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at - Dreams1106@hotmail.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

The Operation Failed, Outlook 2003
I am trying to use Outlook 2003 (windows XP) with Gmail POP, and when I close outlook and then change my mind & try to re-open it, it gives me a box that says "The Operation Failed". This account had originally been used for an exchange (default) server, then the gmail one, then Exchange was removed and the Gmail one was made the default. This problem occurs when I close outlook, and once the screen has cleared, if I re-launch outlook, I'll get the message box (the only option is OK). I then have to click to launch outlook again and it appears to work fine. I'v...