if i reply all will a person bcc'd get my reply?

if i reply all will a person who was bcc'd get my reply?
0
Gee (17)

gee wrote:

> if i reply all will a person who was bcc'd get my reply?

No, because your e-mail client doesn't get the Bcc header to know what
other "blind" copies were sent to recipients other than yourself.
Either the sender chose not to divulge the e-mail addresses of all
recipients or those recipients requested that their e-mail address be
divulged to just anyone the sender wants to send their e-mails.

When specifying multiple recipients in the To and/or Cc headers, all
those recipients can see (and harvest) the e-mail addresses of all the
other included recipients.  This is a privacy concern.  They may want
the sender to send his e-mail to them but they don't want to get e-mails
from anyone else on that list, especially considering those other
recipient's could expose their e-mail address in newsgroups or signup at
sites known to harvest e-mail addresses, like coupon and contest sites
along with some game sites.  They want or will tolerate e-mail from the
sender.  They don't want e-mails from everyone else on that list.

Imagine if ALL recipients were Bcc'ed.  That means you have NO e-mail
addresses in the e-mail that you received.  So to whom would you reply
(other than the sender)?
0
V4521 (722)
10/30/2009 1:41:55 AM
No. When you don't know who was BCC'd, your mail client wont know either.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

"gee" <gee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> if i reply all will a person who was bcc'd get my reply?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

is there a way to get number of "objects" in a Access db?
I have a mdb with a large number of forms open at the same time. I think I might be hitting the 32768 object limit. Is there any way to monitor the object count so I can prove or disprove my suspicions. DaBears - This will cound all the objects in the MSysObjects table. Obviously, don't mess with the system tables... SELECT Count(MSysObjects.Id) AS CountOfId FROM MSysObjects; -- Daryl S "DaBears" wrote: > I have a mdb with a large number of forms open at the same time. I think I > might be hitting the 32768 object limit. Is there any way ...

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

get exisitng contacts data onto new computer
I am setting up a new computer and need to know how to take the outlook database from others in the office to place the existing data onto my station, peer to peer, no server in office. thanks for the info. You did not post your Outlook version. Use these instructions to migrate Outlook data on current versions. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Outlook Rookie" <Outlook Rookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9944845A-1D57-4749-8217-332379E7322F@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a new compu...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

Get Appointment alert by e-mail
How can you get appointment alert by e-mail You'll need to use a utility. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_reminder.asp for a list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http://forums.slipstick.com/show...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

screen will not expand
Help, In excel the inner box will not expand ??? Expand the application box before expanding the file box? "kwilson" <Kwilson@amerijet.com> wrote in message news:11f301c3fb9c$e5b9b9d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... : Help, : : In excel the inner box will not expand ??? The workbook may be protected. To remove the protection (you may need a password): Choose Tools>Protection>Unprotect Workbook kwilson wrote: > Help, > > In excel the inner box will not expand ??? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html No lu...

winword.exe will not default .doc
So i've reaad other threads regarding this but none of the troubleshooting methods work...so microsoft office word 2007 (winword.exe) will not get set to the default to open .doc files...it is set to open all other types (.docx, .dochtml, etc.) but just wont for .doc files...ive done the winword /r trick to no avail...the setting protocol defaults, the open with, but whenever i do these two winword.exe doesnt show up and when i browse for it it still will not default to it when selected...not sure why but its only with .doc files...any help? Because this newsgroup is devoted to technical d...

PowerShell to get protection group size
Hi, Does anyone know of a powershell script which displays the amount of used disk space for a given protection group? Thanks - Kate. ...

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

Reply to All -(myself)...
When I hit Reply to All, it automatically includes me. Is there any way to get it not to do this? Thanks! if you have two or more accounts, outlook has trouble knowing who you are. The workaround is either delete your name or create a rule to delete mail to and from yourself. BTW - Outlook 2003 does a better job at identifying you. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com &quo...

Account-settings? Where to define the signature and reply issue
Hello all! I am used to Eudora, but moved over to Outlook 2002 recently. I have multiple e-mail accounts which I use often. There are two issues I have: 1. Where can I define which signature to use for a specific account? This is normal Eudora stuff, but Outlook only seems to know one default signature. 2. How can I setup Outlook so it automaticly uses the account a message was sent to when replying. Now it allways uses the default account, whatever the account was the original message was sent to. (So for instance, if my default e-mail account was me@home.ok and I want to replay a mess...

Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...
Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff. It looks like MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money. With all the changes, I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better. Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007. Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004. C Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money 2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quick...

Problem getting node
I'm having a problem in by VB.net 2005 application. When i try to get a node from my app.config file the node come back with "nothing". The xmldocment loads OK, but I can't retrive a node. The app.config file is listed below and the code is listed below that, the line with "-->>" is where i try to get the node. Can anyone see where I'm going wrong. A dump of the xmlDocument is listed below the code. Note: "MyKey" is set to "Reports" Thank, John johnw@iirp.coedu.usf.edu App.config file ------------------------------------------...

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

Rule: Reply using template... Reply-to is NOT used. It is replyed to the sender
When setting up a rule, which replies certain mails, Outlook is sending it to the SENDER of the mail, and not using the reply-to field set in the mail GRRRRrrrr. I�m using the rule in combination with a FrontPage form which sends a mail. The sender of the mail is always the webserver, so I set the reply-to field to a email address entered in the form. Any way to get around this problem? ...

two stations same login, one gets "you do not have permission to send to this recipient"
Exchange 2003 on server 2003, stations are running windows xp with outlook 2003. They are connected to a mailbox for a different login but they have full mailbox rights. I can send fine from one station, but the second station gets this error. On 4 Jan 2007 09:57:28 -0800, "kharnal" <kharnal@gmail.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 on server 2003, stations are running windows xp with >outlook 2003. > >They are connected to a mailbox for a different login but they have >full mailbox rights. > >I can send fine from one station, but the second station gets this &...

Form/Subform Will Not Open
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in me...

Out of Office restrict replys to contact list
It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the contact list? We would like to turn on out of office reply to people outside our organization, but would liketo restrict it to only people in our contact list. At present we have a rule setup locally on the users system, but would like to have a company wide solution. Thank you On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:08:02 -0700, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the >contact list? > >We would like to turn on out of office reply t...

Simple but I can't get it to work? PLEASE help!!
I don't know why my code isn't working. I tried implementing some examples I found on here after doing a search, but I received an Object error. I have spent the past 2 hours trying to figure this out, so any help would be appreciated. I am quite a newbie I suppose...All I'm trying to do is as follows: 1)I need to find today's date in the range C3-BO3. 2)Once I found the cell with today's date, I need to set the cell below it as the variable HMLoc . It sounds simple but I tried using the Find method but got nowhere. Please help! You will make my day! Is this a workshe...

Reply Issues
I am having an annoyance in Outlook 2003. Whenever I reply to a specific person Outlook is formatting my text with double spacing. When I enter a carriage return it doubles, but wordwrapped text is not doubled. Is there a way to fix this? It only happens with one specific member of my address book. are you using HTML formatted messages and do they use a web account? If so, use shift-enter, not enter. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Reply to All includes me
Hi. We recently moved Exchange mail organisations and have been getting an annoying problem since the move. In Outlook, if I click 'Reply to All' on an e-mail sent by someone outside of our mail organisation the e-mail generated includes my address in the To list. This doesn't happen for internally generated e-mails. I have done some testing and re-installing Outlook doesn't fix this issue, nor does removing the services and profile. Formatting the computer and installing Outlook from scratch does fix it. Therefore, the problem is with the settings on the comput...

Outlook 2K and replies...
OK, I have an unusual situation...when user 1 replies to user 2, he receives a copy of his reply. This does not happen to any other user to whom he replies. It is ONLY when he replies to this one particular person that he receives a copy of his own reply. Any ideas on this? Thanks Cliff Check rules, and the properties of the account. Is it happening on all emails he replies to? "Cliff" <cliff@crpoe.com> wrote in message news:uK4%23kaBeFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > OK, I have an unusual situation...when user 1 replies to user 2, he receives > a copy of h...