Identifying contacts, Emails, Tasks

I'm using O2003.  I sometimes drag and drop stuff to delete that I
don't want to (especially contacts).  Is there a field that I can add
in my table view indicating the type of item I am deleting?  Basically
some type of bitmap, trext, icon saying this item is a contact, task,
email, etc.   For example, I could easily sort on this field in my
deleted folder and know if I'm deleting some contacts or not.

thxs

srm

0
srm (64)

There is already an Icon field which is included by default in most built-in
table views...

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:1106220559.686867.323980@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
srm wrote:

> I'm using O2003.  I sometimes drag and drop stuff to delete that I
> don't want to (especially contacts).  Is there a field that I can add
> in my table view indicating the type of item I am deleting?  Basically
> some type of bitmap, trext, icon saying this item is a contact, task,
> email, etc.   For example, I could easily sort on this field in my
> deleted folder and know if I'm deleting some contacts or not.
>
> thxs
>
> srm

IDD identifier range
Is there a predefined range of dialog resource identifiers or can one use any value from 0 to 65535? If a more specific range exists, is it a MFC implied restriction? Thanks! -- Alex >Is there a predefined range of dialog resource identifiers or can one >use any value from 0 to 65535? > >If a more specific range exists, is it a MFC implied restriction? It's an MFC restriction, see "TN020: ID Naming and Numbering Conventions" in your MSDN documentation. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >It's an MFC restriction, see "TN020: ID Naming ...

Identifying the Active Fill Color
I have a routine that adds a shape to a selected cell and I would like to have the color of that shape be the last selected "fill" color (or the default fill color if no change made since Excel was started). How can I determine the active fill color from the "Fill Color" toolbar using VBA? Seems like there should be a way to get that color value. Thanks... Steve No one having answered this so far I thought I'd have a go.. I couldn't find anything in the object model to look at for this, but that's because I don't have an extensive excel object model to loo...

Delegate Exporting Contacts in VBA?
Hello! I am a VBA programmer who has programmed a wonderful VBA solution to export contacts to a custom database. The problem (or challenge, as it were) is that the the customer wants to have delegates do the export. Is there an easy way (or any way) through VBA (or anything else) that tells Outlook that a delegate is accessing contacts and points to the proper folder? I can't seem to get it to work -- Most important, I can't seem to pass a MapiFolder as a function argument, just a string, which means that I can't read backwards to the contact folder I was in (some people have ...

How do I create contact lists?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop You would think this would be easy enough to figure out on my own, but alas, I cannot find the answer after about 45 min of searching, so here I go..... <br><br>I want to create a list/grouping of 15-20 email addresses so that I can send an email to these 15-20 people simultaneously by simply typing in the list name. Does someone know how to do that? I can do this on Webmail, gmail, and most other email systems but the ability eludes me on Entourage. <br><br>I tried a &a...

Incoming emails in plain text only
I have just started using Outlook as my mail / contacts / diary client and have hit a problem. For some reason it is only displaying incomin e-mails as plain text. My previous clients had no probs showing th more complex ones (?HTML) with pictures and flashy bits. Now all i just plain. I have scoured the options menus to see if something ha been switched off; I have set the outgoing text format to HTML; but al to no avail. Even the smileys I send come back simply as hyperlink when people reply. I should have mentioned that the version is Outlook 2002 (Office XP). Any ideas anyone ----------...

Identifying Weekdays
Hi, I have a cell with a drop-down list that allows the user to select any day of the week, Sunday through to Monday. Once the selection has been made, the chosen day appears in the cell as text. I need to use the chosen day in a date formula, so need to extract it as its 'day number', i.e. Sunday =1, Monday = 2...... Saturday = 7. What is the easiest way to do this? Thanks, -- Mike -Please remove 'safetycatch' from email address before firing off your reply- Does this work for you: =LOOKUP(A1,{"Friday","Monday","Saturday","Sun...

Outlook 2002
Recently my computer crashed. Previously, I had backed up to a DVD disc all files. Also, all files were stored for me before re-format to "ghost explorer". I can find on ghost explorer my dbx files. However, I cannot open any of these nor restore to current Outlook 2002. I get a message that says "an error occurred in the folder shortcuts file (.fav)Outlook will recreate the default folder shortcuts. The folder shortcuts file is not valid. Any suggestions? I would suggest you explain this backup processes in sufficient detail for us to make some sense of it. Wha...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html ...

Need to backup Contacts
I am running Outlook 2000 behind Windows ME. I want to make a backup of Contacts but cannot find the location of the file. When I search on *.pab, it returns "not found". I have over 850 entries in Contacts, so I know the file exists somewhere. Any suggestions on where to find or how to back-up? Thanks. Export your contacts folder to a .pst file. The .pab is old and obsolete and has not been used for a number of releases. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all ...

Identify active window
I need to be able to identify which program is being used by the user. Getting the active window is easy with GetForegroundWindow but, how do I query that window to find out which program it is? What I mean is, how do I know it is GIMP and not Word? Or IE and not Netscape? If there is no general solution, I need to at least be able to identify Word and IE. Thank you all. I am wondering where you calling GetForgroundWindow and when you calling?after getting HWND a lottoff ways to identify , which program(check caption etc). Alexander wrote: > I need to be able to identify which progra...

Calculate the total overlapping time of multiple tasks, excluding non-working times
I am developing a tracking calculator for an overall process. Within the overall process, there are 3 steps which are completed. These steps can be completed independently from one another, but can also (sometimes) overlap. I am trying to determine the total time for the overall process (from beginning to end), without counting the duplicated times where the steps are running parallel to one another, or times when some steps may be completed and are waiting for another to start. I have outlined the basic design of the worksheet below, with times in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format. S...

business contact manager #12
Hello, I have installed successfully business contact manager. I would like to copy some of my 'business' contacts to the business contacts of BCM. If I make a change in either of the record, will it synchronise with the other ? michael wrote: > Hello, > I have installed successfully business contact manager. > I would like to copy some of my 'business' contacts to > the business contacts of BCM. If I make a change in > either of the record, will it synchronise with the > other ? Please clarify: after copying (or moving?) information into BCM (fr...

sharing / syncing contacts with Yahoo Address Book
I am looking to share & sync contacts in Outlook 2002. I know there are numerous 3rd party solutions, but I am wary of going with one of them. Has anyone tried sharing/syncing contacts with Yahoo's Address Book & sync feature? If so, what are the pros/cons you've encountered? (Please also see my post about Outlook 2003 possibly including multi-user support.) ...

How do I use exchange tools to identify who is sending virus from network
What tool can we use to help identify who is sending out virus email through our exchange server? We thought we had all computers protected, but it seems somehow they got in. We are trying to determine where the virus are originating from and not having much luck. Does anyone have any ideas on what tools could help with this? Thanks, Paul Stephenson Paul Stephenson wrote: > What tool can we use to help identify who is sending out virus email > through our exchange server? > > We thought we had all computers protected, but it seems somehow they > got in. We are trying to d...

Get email from .edb file?
Hi All I have a perfectly good .edb file. However it's impossible to mount. Is there a utlity that can extract email from that flat .edb database? This is Exchange 5.5 Thank you, JB yes...look at Quest's Recovery Manager for Exchange... "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote in message news:%23Eqy0kbHFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > I have a perfectly good .edb file. However it's impossible to mount. > > Is there a utlity that can extract email from that flat .edb database? > > This is Exchange 5.5 > > Thank you, JB &...

identify the numbers cancelling by amounts
Hi, can anybody help in the below query i have the below data with me RECEIPT_NUMBER TRX_NUMBER Amount Comments 9907893007 7000604737 151.06 Nil 9907893007 7000604737 175.51 Bill 9907893007 7000604737 -151.51 Nil 9907893007 7000604737 -151.51 Nil 9907893007 7000604737 -151.06 Nil 9910789407 7000857919 4,239.33 Nil 9910789407 7000857919 4,239.33 Bill 9910789407 7000857919 -4,239.33 Nil 9910699310 7100467576 -88.37 Nil 9910699310 7100467576 88.37 Bill 9910699310 7100467576 88.37 Nil in the above details the some transactions are coming repetitively and having +ve and -ve ...

Restricting Outlook Contact Address?
All, In my company we have a central contact database Act! that hold all user/client contact. Some users just don't want to use Act! and keep client info in Outlook address book. Obviously, that defeats the whole purpose of having Act! and client contact list is not up to date. So, management decided to promote using Act!, they want me to restrict use of the Outlook address book. I think that is just the worst idea ever, but hey, they sign my check! So, is there a way to do this via group policy or manually doing it? Thanks! ...

printing email showing attachments
How can we print email with attachments showing? use print screen and paste into a word documen or similar. "c j gottfried" <cjgottfried@actuarialconcepts.com> wrote in message news:09c701c352b0$de432550$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can we print email with attachments showing? ...

Copying email from Express to Outlook 2003
Is there any way to copy the email messages stored in Outlook Express (disabled) to Outlook 2003? Please advise! Thanks! You'd have to have both programs actively installed on the same machine -- then you can import/export between them. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:02ae01c39e59$0a912c30$a401280a@phx.gbl, Recruiting Engineers wrote: > Is there any way to copy the email messages stored in > Outlook Express (disabled) to Ou...

Delete contact in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I purchased Word, not Office, so I don't have Entourage. How do I delete a contact in the Office Address Book? ...

Sending an email message from a batch vbs script
I need to create a vbscript to be scheduled as a batch job to send a specific file to a given recipient every night. Outlook is installed on the Windows XP Pc where the script should be scheduled, but no user interaction is available (the script should be scheduled to run during the night). What is the best method I should use to create and send the message? Is there any sample I can start from? Regards Marius "Marius - Roma" <mr@nospam.local> said this in news item news:#XS#mP5nKHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I need to create a vbscript to be sch...

sent email and it arrived. flyer in email was not viewable - why
created a flyer, cut and pasted it on a word doc and used "mailings" in MS word, to send it as a email message to multiple addresses. Most got it, but one person said that he got the email but the body of the flyer was not incuded. Any thoughts on why? -- jp I'd suspect something on that one persons setup or e-mail client. Could be most anything, from anti-virus settings to reading everything in plain text. gvsujp wrote: > created a flyer, cut and pasted it on a word doc and used "mailings" in MS > word, to send it as a email message to multip...

identifiant
comment obtenir son identifiant pour cr�e sa ligne si la hot line ne repond pas!!! j'ai essay� numero france telecom toujour pas recu mes code sur adresse messagerie!!!! aid� mi svp!!! ashu "jose maria" <jomart74@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:O2UdUpBgHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > comment obtenir son identifiant pour cr�e sa ligne si la hot line ne > repond pas!!! > j'ai essay� numero france telecom toujour pas recu mes code sur adresse > messagerie!!!! > aid� mi svp!!! ashu nghgfh "jose maria" <jomart74@hotmail.fr> wr...

CONTACTS in email?
Hi all, I have a little problem... hopefully someone can point me to right place?? Using Outlook 2003 and have about 100 Contacts. When creating a new email, I type part of the addressee in the TO: and hit ALT-K. Most, but NOT ALL, "hits" show up... for instance, if I type "je" and Alt-K... 9 (of 10) show up. It's consistent... for "Je" that same person never shows up! Any ideas? I assume deleting and re-adding the (5-6) "problems" would FIX things but wouldn't EXPLAIN what's wrong!!?? Thanks in advance, Steve You first. Explain wh...

Cannot see full email address in From field
If a message is forwarded, I cannot see the email address from the original sender(s) or those CC'd. They show a displayed name. Is this a setting on my client or is it done on the sender's client? BTW, this happens on Outlook 2000 and 2003. Thanks, Francis ...