ID required to send encrypted mails?

Outlook always asks me for a digital ID for MY account to send someone an
encrypted mail.
I imported the other persons certificate into my address book anf if I use
an email account with ID I can send encrypted mails to him. Nevertheless
other accounts I don't have IDs for do not work. Outlook always tells me
that I need a digital ID to either encrypt or sign mails.
In my option for encryption the other persons ID should be sufficient.
What can I do?

Count Zero <countzero1@gmx.de> wrote:

> Outlook always asks me for a digital ID for MY account to send
> someone an encrypted mail.
> I imported the other persons certificate into my address book anf if
> I use an email account with ID I can send encrypted mails to him.
> Nevertheless other accounts I don't have IDs for do not work. Outlook
> always tells me that I need a digital ID to either encrypt or sign
> mails.
> In my option for encryption the other persons ID should be sufficient.
> What can I do?

When sending encrypted mail, you always encrypt with _your_ private key and
tthe recipient decodes with your public key.  That way, they guarantee the
message is from you, since only you know your private key and only your
public key will decrypt the message.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
5/20/2004 7:46:19 PM
"Brian Tillman" <tillmabg@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> When sending encrypted mail, you always encrypt with _your_ private key
and
> tthe recipient decodes with your public key.  That way, they guarantee the
> message is from you, since only you know your private key and only your
> public key will decrypt the message.

No, you confuse signing and encrypting. I don't want to sign the message,
only encrypt it. In Outlook Express this works: a public key is sufficent to
encrypt a message.

First of all, what Brian says is incorrect. the only time your private key is used to encrypt and your public key used to decrypt is when you do signing but i'm not going to get into that here.

The reason you need a digital ID eventhough you want to encrypt to somebody else is that outlook and outlook express will encrypt the message to yourself using your digital ID and store it in your sent items folder. In outlook express, it will prompt you that if you do not have a digital ID, you will not be able to open the mail in the sent items folder. I'm not sure if outlook prompts that message as well or it just refuses to allow you to send the mail. By decent logic, outlook should prompt you but i'm not a outlook user so can't really comment on that.

"Count Zero" wrote:

> "Brian Tillman" <tillmabg@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
> > When sending encrypted mail, you always encrypt with _your_ private key
> and
> > tthe recipient decodes with your public key.  That way, they guarantee the
> > message is from you, since only you know your private key and only your
> > public key will decrypt the message.
>
> No, you confuse signing and encrypting. I don't want to sign the message,
> only encrypt it. In Outlook Express this works: a public key is sufficent to
> encrypt a message.

0
oppochup (1)

Windows Mail
I am trying to send mail for Windows Mail and it is asking for the incoming and outgoing server information. What do I do to find this information? I am trying to send an attachment to a friend and can't do it. Also the spell check is not working, it says that the language in not correct. What does that mean and how do I fix it? Please help. Lisa Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. ht...

can not mount mail box store
Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: MAPI Session Event ID: 9175 Date: 10/13/2005 Time: 6:24:03 PM User: N/A Computer: exchangeserver Description: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000 For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Microsoft knowledgebase claims this is a folders rights issue I think there is an issue with the local system accounts ri...

Cash Receipts Smartlist with blank Credit Card ID
I added the Credit Card ID and Credit Card Name to the Cash Receipts Smartlist. For the credit card payment type the field is blank but if you open the payment the Credit Card name is there. How do I get this on the smartlist? Mike, I tested this issue and found the same thing. Furthermore, some of the payment transactions that display a credit card ID are actually not credit card payments. To make matters even more interesting, I could not find a Payment Method column. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com...

How can I open a mail item from outside Outlook 2003?
I need to open a mail, in Outlook, fom outside the application, knowing its id. My idea was to launch outlook from command line, passing some suitable command line option, but I wasn't able to find something good. Any idea? thanks In news:1138983147.591100.153660@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Massimo <massimo.coletti@gmail.com> typed: > I need to open a mail, in Outlook, fom outside the application, > knowing its id. > > My idea was to launch outlook from command line, passing some suitable > command line option, but I wasn't able to find something good. >...

Send nofication of not accepting e-mails larger than ... size
Hi, We restricted the size of the e-mail a user can sent internally as well as externally. Is it a way to send a notification when someone attempts to send a larger message. Currently the administrator receives all this notifications. We have Exchange 2000. Thanks in advance, Charris Lappas ...

Large emails may not send, or may send many copies but show up as not having been sent
Running OL2003 SP2, fully up to date. I have multiple computers connected to a 1 Gb router and have a broadband cable Internet connection. (I have searched through the posts here but the closest I found was messages stuck in the Outbox and that does not apply to me.) Problem: This is an intermittent problem. I create a 2 Mb or maybe a 4 Mb file (MPG or something) and send it by right-clicking the file and then selecting Send to.... Mail Recipient. The file appears in the Outbox and the status bar shows it as being sent. This will display for many minutes, even on a 0.5 Mb file. ...

Outlook 2002 Sending Problem
Hi - I have a user running Outlook 2002 who often gets the error "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient" Can any one tell me either how to fix this error? I have heard that it is a random problem with Outlook 2002, but can't find any information on Microsoft's website to support that. There are no quotas/limits on the Exchange server that would prevent him from sending, and he is the only one it happens to (and one of the few users running Office 2002). Thank you! Your user could be setup on the wrong mail server if it's not setup to aut...

corrupt mail in crmmail folder
Whenever i do a backup of my exchange 2003 server (using Symantic's Backup Exec) i get the warning, shown below, everytime the crmmail folder is backed up. (I am using Mcafee GroupShield as my excahgne virus scanner) The interesting thing is that the message that is corrupt was not a CRM mail. Upon further inspection, there are hundreds of emails in the mailbox. i always understood that the mailbox was just for passing emails through and there should never be any messages in the mailbox. How can i get in and delete that message? should i delete the other messages too? thanks m Fol...

msoe.dll cannot be loaded, how to back up e-mails to re-install
does anyone know how to back up outlook e-mail without opening outlook? Hope someone can help. Thanks MSOE.dll is for Outlook Express, not Outlook. What are you actually trying to do and with what program, Outlook or Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | does anyone know how to back up outloo...

Outlook 2003 Program Requirements
What program does Outlook 2003 use as an e-mail editor? Does it require Office 2003 or can it use any of lower versions of Office products? Larry Soga wrote: > What program does Outlook 2003 use as an e-mail editor? > Does it require Office 2003 or can it use any of lower > versions of Office products? Outlook, all versions, including Outlook 2003 beta, has its own built-in email facilities. You will be unable to install Outlook2003 beta unless you install Office 2003 Beta. -- Donald L McDaniel Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed ====================...

Problem sending the command to the program
Just recently when trying to open an excel document the message of "problem sending the command to the program" pops up. Any solution? ...

migrating exchange -- can't send to certain domains
I'm in the process of moving mailboxes over to a new 2003 server (old server was also 2003). Everything is working fine but I've had complaints from a few users that can't send to certain domains (aol.com for example). I pretty much know this is a reverse DNS issue. Right now the old server is still the routing master and the external DNS records still point to it. So basically, the new server isn't being advertised on the outside yet. So I'm guessing that emails sent from the new server are hitting these domains and it's not able to do a reverse DNS. I tri...

Outlook connector for Domino and Lotus Notes mails
Hello, I am using The Outlook connector for Domino in order to access my e-mail in a Domino server via Outlook 2003, instead of the Lotus Notes R5 client. I have found out that all e-mails that I see in Outlook 2003 from people who use the Lotus Notes client have its Type property set to "Message (Rich Text)". So, each time I reply to such a message, Outlook decides to use "rich text" format to compose the answer. The problem is that I have looked at the configuration of the Lotus Notes clients and they are all setup to "Send messages as HTML". In addition, th...

Mail Merge #10
I used to use Word 2000 and Outlook 2000 in Win98SE to do a Mail Merge to create labels for Christmas Cards. ( I know it's tacky!!). I now have Win Home XP and Word 2003 and Outlook 2003. Unfortunately I can't seem to complete a Mail Merge. When I start in Outlook I get to Word but in Step 2 of the Mail Merge Wizard I select Outlook Contacts and get an error message "Reqd file SCHDMAPI.DLL could not be found. Chk your email installation and reinstall Word if Nec." When I start in Word I get to "choose Outlook file". When I select contacts folder I get an er...

Custom entity and e-mail
Hi, For a design process I made an custom entity with a relationship with account. When I select the activity e-mail, the designprocess and CRM user are automatically selected. But I also want the account to be selected automatically, just like in service requests and opportunities. How can I accomplish this? Regards, Jan ...

Assigning site id to an Item in GP
After importing Items into GP using Integration Manager, I wanted to assign a specific site ID to all the items. I followed the following two procedures I found on knowledge base, but without success: The first I went to the Qty/Sites option under Destination Mapping and selected the following option: Site Display Options, Use Constant, SITE ID Site Location Code, Use Constant, DPL (Site I want to assign as created in GP) I ran part of the integration and it did not update the assigned sites. It was as if I did not run the update. I then tried the following option Site Display Option...

e-mail problems
I have a problem that is frustrating me very much. I try now for weeks to send out an e-mail through publisher. I used to be able to send it out. But i had to format my computer and install all the programs again. But now i can not send the e-mails just as attachment, but i want to send it as a page. I set outlook as default e-mail account. I also did everything that i could find out. But nothing works. I do not know what i can do i'm stock, please someone help me! Hi Toby (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a problem that is frustrating me very...

Event ID 348 #2
I have recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 (No SP). All the servers have Groupshield 6 with SP1. At one of the server's event log, on which SMTP connector is configured, event ID 348 is appearing frequently. Also few mails are in the 'Pending for Subbmission' queue. I have excluded the exchange directories from the local virus scan that is installed on each node. I have applied the patch recommende by microsoft in the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842801 Still we are experiencing the same problem and event ID 348 is lo...

SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012 and feb security patches
I applied the feburary security patches to both my exchange server and DNS servers which are both Windows 2003 servers. I never got this warning before a applied this patches. Was there a Feb patch that would have effected this? The warning is: Source: SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012 On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:03:02 -0800, "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I applied the feburary security patches to both my exchange server and DNS >servers which are both Windows 2003 servers. I never got this warning >before a applied this patches. Was...

ADAM Backup Event ID 2089
I am running ADAM in a replication set on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 and am receiving Event ID 2089. I am running NT backups on the machines and the backups are successful and the restores are successful. I had opened up a case with MS about this in the past and they said it was a bug with the VSS writer and updating the dsasignature attribute. My question is that will ADAM toombstone all objects in the directory if it is not backed up? Please advise... ...

Forward e-mail to another Exchange User
We are currently running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition with SP2 installed. I am trying to set up one users (who is away on holidays) e-mail to forward the their assistant. To do so, in "active directory users and computers" I have set the following settings: Exchange General, Delivery Options, Forward to "Exchange User" I have not selected the option to deliver to the forwarding address and mailbox. For some reason the e-mail is not being forwarded to the Exchange user in the "Forward To" dialog box. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Money 2009
I don't use any of the "fancy Money features". I have used M2004 and now use M2006 for just my Portfolio and checking account. From browsing here and seeing registration/Live ID issues with new versions, can you tell me... MUST a user register with Live ID to get downloads /online updates into new versions of Money for checking , portfolio ( broker account downloads and price updates) ? OR is that just if I want/need Microsoft bill paying / their online services. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote: >I don't use any of the "fancy Money feat...

Re: this accidental unwanted mail 03-28-09
"agonis shala" <agonis@fahrwangen.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:... > > "agonis shala" <agonis@fahrwangen.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:... >> >> "::1" <cookie:default@routerlogin.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag >> news:OlhbUo3fJHA.5540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >>> >>> "Joe Mc" <mcrdl76@netscape.net> wrote in message >>> news:unTpd3dfJHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >>>> Ok >>>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote ...

Internet Mail only to Corporate Workgroup
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3AEB7.69888A30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When we installed Outlook 2000 on our Network we went for Internet Mail = only because that's all we needed at the time. We now need shared = Public Folders so we need Outlook to convert to Corporate Workgroups = features. Does anyone know how to do that as a reinstall doesn't seem = to work. Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3AEB7.69888A30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="...

Outlook 2003 OoO not sending replies to users internal to the Exchange
I am useing Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003 and have an issue that when I enable the OoO it will not reply to any of the users interanl to the Exchange like it is supposed to do any ideas on this would help. Are you the only one experiencing this issue? OoO has to be turned on at the server, this is handled by your Exchange Admin. Also, OoO will only respond once to each person. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Mike" wrote: > I am useing Outlook 2003...