ICQ add-in error

I recently installed SP3 on my user's computers that are
running Outlook2002.  Now they get an annoying message box
that appears telling them "a program is trying to access e-
mail addresses - do they want to continue?"

The MS Knowledge Base says to de-select the ICQ Express
add-in from w/in Outlook.  However, my users do NOT have
the add-in installed at all.

Any other suggestions?
0
skent (1)

Then they probably have another addin. See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Steve Kent" <skent@ae.ucdavis.edu> wrote in message
>I recently installed SP3 on my user's computers that are
> running Outlook2002.  Now they get an annoying message box
> that appears telling them "a program is trying to access e-
> mail addresses - do they want to continue?"
>
> The MS Knowledge Base says to de-select the ICQ Express
> add-in from w/in Outlook.  However, my users do NOT have
> the add-in installed at all.
>
> Any other suggestions?

0
suemvp (4038)

Saving error
I cant get to save the file i'm working on. when i try to save my file it comes up an error box with "A file error has acured" and it whont save. mebbe it duzn't lik the way u speld the filname... (Your description of the error doesn't give us much to go on. In addition, in spite of whatever the proponents of "outcome-based education" may have told you, spelling and punctuation *are* important for conveying meaning.) -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "Aleks" <Aleks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEE59326-DFB...

after sp3 errors in outlook 2002
When send/receive I receiver: The operation failed. An object could not be found. Now WAIT, I went through the articles and found two articles that refer to this error. One says re-create my account data, I did, delete the old account data, I did. The second article said: recreate the .pst file, I did. still get the error. Outlook express WORKS but 2002 does not again after sp3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, still does not work. Weird... any suggestions? "ALE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ....The operation failed. An object could not be found... ...

Add a new record
I have a button that says add to inventory. When i click on this i need it to go to a new blank record. Is it just a case of running a macro for the GoTo function? Thanks Put this in the On Click Event of your button: DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec "Craig" wrote: > I have a button that says add to inventory. When i click on this i need it to > go to a new blank record. Is it just a case of running a macro for the GoTo > function? > > Thanks Hi, When i put the code in to the click event it says macro cannot be found. What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your h...

Add a goal line to a column chart
I have several column charts which I need to add different goal lines. Any suggestions? The goal has to be represented as a line and not as a column. Thanks for your help! http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Brandy" <Brandy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF99E151-13A4-461D-B9CA-DECE4E467904@microsoft.com... >I have several column charts which I need to add different goal lines. Any > sugg...

how do i add multiple tables to excel
Help. I Need to make a spread sheet and CAN NOT figure out how to add multiple charts to one excel document, also i need the document to lay long ways instead of like a letter please help me ...

Strange error...
Hi All, I have following 2 files in my project. //MLCommand.h typedef struct { char Name[25]; // Command Name BYTE numParams; // Number of Parameters void *params[ML_MAX_PARAMS]; }ML_Command; //MLC.h class ML { public: ....... ....... static ML_Error Configure (LPCTSTR INIFILE, void (*statusTarget)(char*,int,int)); static ML_Error SetTraceLevel (BYTE traceLevel); static ML_Error SetPortAndWindowHandle (char* PortName, HWND hwnd); ...... ...... }; when I compile the project I am getting following errors: mlcommand.h(23) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifie...

Outlook Add-In and Office 2010
When I used Office 2007 I could see under the toolbox in a separate line an add-in I've used for years. In version 2010 it appears only in a separate tab which I have to click to use. What do I have to do for a similar configuration? You can right click on the icon and choose Add to Quick Access Toolbar. You can also customize the Ribbon via File-> Options-> tab Customize Ribbon to add it to another tab. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http...

PM Duplicate Key error
We are stuck in the Batch Recovery loop with a payables transaction batch. When trying to post, batch goes to Recovery with the message that it failed to complete posting, use Batch Recovery. Can't get it out of Recovery - the More Info button gives A Save Operation on PM Transaction Open has created a duplicate key message. We updated the batch status to available in SQL and ran Checklinks on the Transactions Open file but are still receiving the same error when trying to post. How can we resolve this? You will want to check that the transactions you are trying to post are no...

Error message: Compile error: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment
Hey guys :) I'm turning really mad at Excel VBa. Some days work with recording etc seems to be a waste..... The debugger stops one of my many, but very tiny, little macros at this point: Range("A7").Select ..=2E and presents this &%&&!!=A4=A4 error-message (sorry for the language - but I'm frustrated): Error message: Compile error: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment The same error occurs in every step that use range.select commands I have no clue how to fix this in the macro that until recently run well.=20 I hope for Your help.=2...

Error #: 3151 < > ODBC--connection Error
Interesting anomaly. We have one business user that is receiving this error message when attempting to open and execute a Microsoft Access Database Application. Just one out of like 6 or 7. The application prompts for her User ID and Password. Her ODBC has been set-up with the same parameters that everyone else has. I had her check for her TNSNAMES.DSN file and it is out there and is up-to-date as to being pushed to her client machine. Here are some specifics regarding the Microsoft Access Database. - It uses ADO to access its data. The ODBC check simply SELECTS a MIN from ...

formula to add numbers gives a date like 10/12/27 instead of sum
Trying to add two numbers in Excel. Instead of the total I get a date in the cell such as 10/12/27 . I have checked and checked and I am sure that I am entering the formula to add the cells correctly. There must be somethjing else embedded in the cell. What happens if you format the cell as general? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Portland, Oregon "Giaosi" <Giaosi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24929C68-9F71-4F3A-8D52-AE9454D6F33F@microsoft.com... > Trying to add two numbers in Excel. Instead of the total I get a date in > the > cell such as 10...

error (0xc0000135) when clicking in an E-mail
I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an E-mail. I have downloaded various .net files with no improvement. Bummer. Try reading the link in my signature and post back with accurate and helpful information. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Joe E Hogel asked: | I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an | E-mail. I have downloaded various ...

OWA 302 error for inbox
I have two 2003 (sp2) front-end servers that are in DMZ. We have had this problem even before installing sp2. We use Network Load Balancing. After login, during OWA tries to display Inbox, I get login screen on right pane, prompting me to enter user id and pwd. In IIS Logs I see 302 error in logs when accessing frontend-02 (please see below the comparision between frontend-01 and 02 ; frontend-01 is working server). Secondly, I notice in the logs, on frontend-02, under cs-username field, there is '-', whereas on 01 server i see the username, henry. Any reason wy? To view prop...

Suppressing errors
Is there anyway to turn off errors like #Value! or #DIV/O in a spreadsheet? I have a formula that works when there is data in a cell that is referenced but when the cell is empty I get the #DIV/O error. I'd like to suppress the error without using the =IF function. Just thought maybe there might be some kind of setting that would disable these types of error messages when I print the spreadsheet. Thanks!! One trick I like to use that does not require formulas is to make the font of my entire worksheet white, and then custom format the entire sheet as: [Black]General This will disgu...

Automatically add fill colour when data is entered
How do I set it up so that if I enter text into a cell a colour then fills the cell to highlight it? I would also like the colour to go back to white after a set period, say 48hrs, can this be done? Hi see your other post "suzi" wrote: > How do I set it up so that if I enter text into a cell a colour then fills > the cell to highlight it? I would also like the colour to go back to white > after a set period, say 48hrs, can this be done? ...

Menu add-on Positions
I am using Office 2003 Pro. Is there a way to control where menu add-ons are positioned? I recently installed Adobe Acrobat and it has a PDF menu. Each time I open a new window to send an email it is in a different position on the menu bar. I drag it to where I want it and next time I open up a new window to send an email it is back on its own line up on the very top of the menus. Also, if I right click to have it not show up on the menu it goes away until the next time I open the new window to send another email. Tim No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to th...

I am getting the error message "Cannot open consolidation source .
I am trying consolidation for the first time. I set up 3 files with data to consolidate, then i went to data -- consolidate, entered all the reference files with reference ranges, I get the error message above?? Help Hi i have seen this error before on machines with excel 2000 when service release 1 was not installed (although i didn't install service release 1 so i don't know if this is the fix) ... so what version & service releases are you running (this can be found by choosing help / about). Additionally, you say you entered all the reference files & ranges ... did ...

How do I add Yahoo email to Outlook
I have the free version of the Yahoo email account. How do I put it in Outlook like my hotmail account. -- Jeff Mu�iz Work is victory. - Ralph Waldo Emerson You have to subscribe to Yahoo! Plus mail servce. Then it will give you a POP3 access, which you can add to your outlook. Regards Saurabh "Jeff Mu�iz" <jmuniz6@cox.net> wrote in message news:neVKd.22270$B95.5224@lakeread02... >I have the free version of the Yahoo email account. How do I put it in >Outlook like my hotmail account. > > -- > Jeff Mu�iz > > Work is victory. - Ralph Waldo Emers...

How to add an event to everyone's calendar ?
How do I add an event to everyone's calendar on a particular Exchange 5.5 server ? Basically, i'd like to modify the default calendar so that mailboxes created in the future also get this too. If this can only be done to the Exchange site, that would be ok too. Thanks, T Tucker ...

Error Converting Leads to Accounts
Hello there! Have you any idea why a user who has Suite Pro license and both Salesperson and CS Representative Roles is not able to convert a Lead to Account? Other users of the BU with the same rights can perform the operation without any problem. The error states "You do not have sufficient permissions or access rights to perform this operation." Any ideas where to search in the system? Thanks in advance, Elena ...

Relaying errors
When i setup relaying, i get the following errors Could not connect to smtp host : 10060 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond and Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.xxx.com:25 Can anyone tell me what this means? Unable to connect to mail.xxx.com:25. You (or whatever is trying to connect) was unable to reach the specified host on port 25. Who and what is trying to connect to what? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne &quo...

RMS ADD ON
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C87260.C87951C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I HEARD THERE WAS ADD ON FOR RMS FOR RESTAURANTS AND COFFEE SHOPS. OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. IF SO DID ANYONE USE IT AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? THANKS ------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C87260.C87951C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" = xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:wor...

zoom error when opening file
When opening an Excel file it zooms the font only to 200% (very large). The menus are all regular size, and going into the view menu and changing the view to something different resizes the font to its correct size. I can then change the view to what is needed. Any suggestions? ...

The Parameter error
Hi all, I am facing the problem with two users, they are able to create account, but they cannot view there previous accounts. The error message says that "The Parameter is incorrect" and the querry string in CRM says "_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewid=&gridId=crmGrid" The stack trace says error at "Microsoft.crm.Controls.GridContainerPage.ConfigureGrid()" and load() methods of the same has error. this Error is happening with only two users as I have 30 users, and 28 users dosenot get this error. Please give me some solution for the problem. thanx in advance ...

Template Wizard Add In
I am trying to send information from a template to a database I have set up. We set up a new template and database every month by copying and pasting the last template and database. It has worked in the past but now the template keeps looking for the last months file even when I update the database to the current month in the template wizard setup. Any ideas? Thanks, Jamie ...