I want to mark a NG post to follow-up - how?

Quite often I see a post that I would like to mark somehow so that when I
open the NG in a day or 2 I can easily find that post and view any replies.

At the moment the best I can do is scroll down all the posts until I find
the one I want. Not very good.

Is ther a way to set-up a post so it is easily found or perhaps only marked
posts appear first when connecting to that NG.

I use Outlook Express 6.

regards

PeterH

0
newsproup (12)

Just solved it with "Watch/Ignore"

"PeterH" <reply to newsproup@NOSPAM.net> wrote in message
> Quite often I see a post that I would like to mark somehow so that when I
> open the NG in a day or 2 I can easily find that post and view any
replies.

> At the moment the best I can do is scroll down all the posts until I find
> the one I want. Not very good.
>
> Is ther a way to set-up a post so it is easily found or perhaps only
marked
> posts appear first when connecting to that NG.
>
> I use Outlook Express 6.
>
> regards
>
> PeterH

0
newsproup (12)

RE: last post about listing e-mail address rather than name.......
That is in Outlook Express 6.0. BTW, is there a separate newsgroup for Outlook Express...I couldn't find one?!!!!! ...

Public Folder Emails dont change to 'MARK AS READ'
hi, For mails in public folders, when we 1)read for over X secs or 2) open it; it is still being marked as unread in bold. (not unless we manually right click and mark as read) Is there a way to ensure it will get marked as READ if we open it, reply to it? many thanks alan just to edit, even if we right click and mark as READ, it will still remain unread any advice, seems like a permission issue? any comments? "Alan" <alanlwk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23oRYCWSSGHA.1728@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, > > For mails in public folders, when we 1)r...

Want to print one record
I have access 2007. I had a person in our company's IT department design the tables & forms but that's as far as I got. Now I have numerous problems accessing information, one being the reports. So at this juncture, how can I print the information on 1 record? -- helpme Vanessa Not sure I have quite enough information ... "how" depends on "what". I suppose, if you only need to see a single record from a table, you could highlight that row, copy it, open Excel, and paste it in. But if your forms include a form that can display a single re...

Help: I want to force selection of a group of cells.
I'm trying to find a way to force a range of cells to be selected when any cell within the range is selected. This so that when I cut and past a group of cells, I ensure that I'm actually cutting and pasting (or inserting) all cells in the group, including those that might appear off screen. Anyone know if there is a way to do this? Tanks for any advice. Dab If the cells are nicely laid out--no empty rows/columns in your big range. Manually, click on a cell in the big range. Hit Edit|goto|special|click on current region (F5 or ctrl-g pops up the edit|goto dialog) Or hit ctrl...

I want to print on an 8-Tab/sticker sheet, how do I? #2
does anyone know how to print on an 8-Tab sheet! I need to print out some labels! Check out this site of David McRitchie's. Should give you all you need to get started: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "New Excel User" <New Excel User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEBA868B-27DA-4B4A-A301-8BFE11520A...

I want to use vba to set the form property to turn on and off the "record selectors" property
I can't come up with the statement to turn on/off "Record Selectors" on a form. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks Kelvin On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:17:32 -0500, Kelvin Beaton wrote: > I can't come up with the statement to turn on/off "Record Selectors" on a > form. > > Can someone point me in the right direction? > > Thanks > > Kelvin Me.RecordSelectors = false This removes them from the current form, only while the current form is still open. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to person...

Inquiry Message:"Project Accounting information for this vendor does not exist. Do you want to Add the vendor's project information" #2
When I try to go past the Vendor ID in the Receivings Transactions Entry Window then the above message gets displayed. If I click Yes on the message then Vendor Maintenance Window gets opened. Even after filling all the fields and saving the Vendor Maintenance Window the same issue persists. Hi there When you say that you have filled in all the fields are you sure that you have clicked on the tab called 'Project' and then click on the 'OK' tab in there? (I am presuming that you wish to activate this Vendor to be used with Project Accounting.) Regards Sheila "s...

Help...Want to make integer down to hundreth in qry.
Hi All, I have a query that averages days. As you can see below it averages precisely and I only need to nearest hundreth. (00.00) I have tried the query properties decimal place to 2, I have tried and input mask....not a brainy move though wanted to at least try. I export this into excel and can modify it there, but really would like it to do so in the query itself for ease of use . Can you help me please? Thank you! Stephanie AvgOfTotal Time to Transcription 0 1.9 2.33333333333333 0.666666666666667 0 0.571428571428571 1 0 Stephanie You can set the format of the field in your q...

Prompted if you're sure you want to send message. #2
Hi everyone, Is there a feature in Outlook 2003 where it will ask you if you're sure you want to send the message? I've heard of something like this in other systems, called a hostility sensor. It keeps you from sending those embarrasing or career ending messages. When you click on Send, a pop-up is supposed to prompt you as to whether you really want to send the message or not. Any idea if this is availalble on Outlook? Thanks. Sorry for the duplicate posts. OE needed tweaking. ...

Inventory General Ledger posting
Hi; In Posting setup, I have the following settings for Inventory series. Post To General Ledger (Checked) Post Through General Ledger Files (Unchecked) In the Inventory Batch Entry, there is another check box for "Post To General Ledger". Can you tell me, if the "Post To General Ledger" option in batch is not checked but it is checked in posting setup. Does the General Ledger transactions be created during posting. And if I checked "Post Through General Ledger Files" but the "Post To General Ledger" option in batch is not checked, what happen...

Follow Up Question
I have created a rule that marks messages with the word "Test" in the subject for a one day follow up. The rule then moves the message to the "Test" folder. The problem is that one day later, the message does not pop up with a reminder unless it is in the Inbox. I would like to keep all of my "Test" messages in the "Test" box. Why doesn't the reminder work when the message in in the "Test" box? Because reminders only fire from the default folders in Outlook. You can get a really slick add-in from Ken Slovak that will fire remi...

Leaner Code w/ Multiple Controls Follow Up Question
Doug Steele helped me out a couple of months ago with a way to easily have all the controls on a form behave the same way using Functions in the appropriate Event attribute. So for example, if I want certain controls on a form to change color when the control has focus then I would write two functions GF() and LF() to toggle the BackColor property by setting each Control's On Got Focus event =GF() and On Lost Focus = LF(). This is pretty slick because then I can select all of the controls at once and set the event properties at once. So here is my current problem: We originally di...

Can't Post to these newsgroups from MAC
At work I'm using MAC os 9.2 and IE v. ??? When trying to post to these newsgroups, the send button wonk't respond. I can click it all day, but nothing. It doesn't lock up the machine, I can still surf and do what ever else, but can't post. Cancel button does work though. So the only thing I can do is copy everything I've just typed in to a word doc and take it to a Windows machine to post it. Does any body know why? Thank you, Conan Kelly On 12/18/03 17:41, in article 069101c3c5c8$cbf862d0$a101280a@phx.gbl, "Conan Kelly" <anonymous@discussions....

Help Please--Want to post an appointment to all users calendars in an Exchange organization
Is there a way to post an appointment into all Exchange calenders without end user interaction (Accept, Decline, etc..) For example: If we wanted to post the annual company golf outing in everyones calender without asking them. Please help In the last exciting episode, "Shih" <rpdalton@bibb.com> wrote: >Is there a way to post an appointment into all Exchange calenders without >end user interaction (Accept, Decline, etc..) For example: If we wanted to >post the annual company golf outing in everyones calender without asking >them. www.slipstick.com ...

read only worksheet wanted.
I see that it is possible to make an excel spreadsheet read only. Is it possible to do this (make a workbook or a worksheet read only) via a macro statement? Hi Susan.......... I just recorded one and it came out like this.......... Sub readonly() ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d83c01c3ef45$3f202900$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I see that it is possible to make an excel spreadsheet > read only. Is it possible to do ...

Following update I can't send messages or find old ones
I update Outlook today and now I cannot find some of my old messages. Also I cannot send new messages. They are in the "Outbox" What version of Outlook? When you say "update" do you mean you applied an Office update, or you upgraded to a new version, or what? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Marble" wrote: > I update Outlook today and now I cannot find some of my old messages. Also I > cannot send new messages. T...

Who wants a shot at this error?
Who wants a shot at this error? Nothing in google nothing at microsoft site... I get this error The DSRestore Filter failed to connect to local SAM server. Error returned is <id:997>. Event 1005 I get this in the application event viewer.. Not sure if this is exchange at all? Need to start somewhere. -- Thanks Hello Bryce, DSRestore's job is to synch the domain admin password with the dsrm password. The dsrestore process will run every 30 mins to verify that the passwords are in synch. If they are not, dsretore will synch them. The 1005 error indicates that dsrestore was u...

I want to block sending email to an address
I have a co-worker named John Smith and a customer named John Smith. I keep sending emails to my co-worker instead of my customer. I want to block sending messages to co-worker John Smith. How do I do that? Change the way the name appears in your address book, or manually put in the email address? "Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28AFE084-FC9A-46B2-98CA-D50150941C88@microsoft.com... :I have a co-worker named John Smith and a customer named John Smith. I keep : sending emails to my co-worker instead of my customer. I want ...

To mark today's column with a special color or sign in work week view
In Microsoft Outlook, I use work week view, displaying me five columns, each for a single work day. I'd like to see today's column marked with a special color or sign. It there a way to do it? Thanks. Dan ...

We want to make it so internal read reciepts cannot be refused
We are running Outlook 2003 with an Exchange server. We want to set it up so that if a message is sent with the a read reciept request that the reader can't say no. This would be for internal network users only. Is this possible? Our old system, Groupwise, showed you who had read your e-mail, who had deleted it (with or without reading). This is very helpful when you need to prove that someone did read a message that you sent them. Any help would be appreciated. Third Party software suggestions are welcome. Thanks! On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:24:02 -1000, ConnieN <ConnieN@discuss...

I am entering Contacts it wants my area code is that ok?
Why wouldn't it be? How else would Outlook know how to format phone numbers? See this space? Post your questions here, not in the Subject field. -- Russ Valentine "Margaret" <Margaret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED17B9DF-D5E1-4D4C-81AC-0B84D05DBEB0@microsoft.com... > Op Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:22:01 -0800, Margaret <Margaret@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef: Do you always write your letters on the envelope? -- Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana !! Yes, windows needs it configured. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Want Publisher 2000 viewer for Office XP
I looked but could not find a download to view Publisher 2000 files on my Office XP home edition (with no Publisher software). Is this possible? Thanks for your assistance. To view any Publisher files you will need the same or later version of Publisher. There are no viewers for any version of Publisher files. Get the person who sent you the Publisher file to make a PDF and send you that. -- In addition to David's response, there is no such program as Office XP Home Edition. The *is* Windows XP Home Edition and Office XP, which came in several flavors but not "Home Edition&q...

OWA appends a question mark ? to the top of a message
I have a weird situation with only one user account on a SBS 2003 server hosting Exchange 2003. When that user writes a new email using OWA or replies to any email using OWA, a "?" (no quotes) shows up in the first line of the email. It only does this if the user uses OWA and it is only seen by the recipient or in the sent items. When the user is writing the email she does not see the question mark, but once she sends it, it appears. She can see it in the sent items. The recipient sees the question mark regardless the email client and regardless of external or internal. If that sa...

Converting a pub file to html for e-mailing or posting on the web
I have created a flier and want to e-mail it to others and download it to my web, but want it to go as a secured doc that others cannot make changes to. Suggestions please??? Thanks. Deb, Since many people do not want to receive HTML messages or attachments, the common wisdom here seems to be to generate a PDF, which can be both attached to an email message and hyperlinked from a webpage. If you do not already have an application to produce PDFS, there are a number of freeware programs which install as printer drivers, such PrimoPDF or pdf995. Bruce "Deb S" wrote: > I ...

pop3 account want to access GAL
Hi, I'm trying to set up a Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) client to see the company Global Address List (GAL). I need help to configure that in Exchange 2003, how can perform it?? Cheers and thanks, Haydar You don't. The best that a POP3 client can do is to install an LDAP Server as an Address Book and perform queries that way. POP3 clients don't get the GAL in the same way that regular Outlook MAPI clients can. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Haydar" <Haydar@di...