I want to be able to manage Outlook ANYWHERE!

Please help! I need to be able to access my email (old,new,folders) and my
contacts wherever I am (Home,Work,Laptop,& HP IPAQ). I have Outlook 2003 on
all except my IPAQ (i think). As of now the only place I have my 2 email
accounts going to is my office, what I hate is being somewhere else and not
being able to look at any email or contacts becasue I am not sure how to set
up multiple Outlooks for the same accounts. (Not sure if that makes sense)
Any help would be great!
--
Always Grateful,
Rochelle

Rochelle <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Please help! I need to be able to access my email (old,new,folders)
> and my contacts wherever I am (Home,Work,Laptop,& HP IPAQ). I have
> Outlook 2003 on all except my IPAQ (i think). As of now the only
> place I have my 2 email accounts going to is my office, what I hate
> is being somewhere else and not being able to look at any email or
> contacts becasue I am not sure how to set up multiple Outlooks for
> the same accounts. (Not sure if that makes sense) Any help would be
> great!

You need to speak to the mail people where you work for what options they
provide for accessing your work mail externally.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
6/23/2006 8:47:13 PM
Unfortunately that would be me.  It is our family business, which makes
business and personal all run together.  I would have to check and see who
actually set up all of our accounts for the business.  But lets say I just
wanted to be able to see my earthlink mail everywhere, can you answer my
question without the business part?
Sorry for the trouble :)
--
Always Grateful,
Rochelle

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Rochelle <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Please help! I need to be able to access my email (old,new,folders)
> > and my contacts wherever I am (Home,Work,Laptop,& HP IPAQ). I have
> > Outlook 2003 on all except my IPAQ (i think). As of now the only
> > place I have my 2 email accounts going to is my office, what I hate
> > is being somewhere else and not being able to look at any email or
> > contacts becasue I am not sure how to set up multiple Outlooks for
> > the same accounts. (Not sure if that makes sense) Any help would be
> > great!
>
> You need to speak to the mail people where you work for what options they
> provide for accessing your work mail externally.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Rochelle (23)
6/23/2006 9:04:02 PM
If you have an Exchange Server you can use OWA - a sort of webmail for
Exchange.

If not possible you could setup remote access to your PC - but of course
your PC has to be switched on for that to work.

Also maybe your email provider offers webmail.

There are many possibilities....

Angus

"Rochelle" <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Unfortunately that would be me.  It is our family business, which makes
> business and personal all run together.  I would have to check and see who
> actually set up all of our accounts for the business.  But lets say I just
> wanted to be able to see my earthlink mail everywhere, can you answer my
> question without the business part?
> Sorry for the trouble :)
> --
> Always Grateful,
> Rochelle
>

> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
> > Rochelle <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Please help! I need to be able to access my email (old,new,folders)
> > > and my contacts wherever I am (Home,Work,Laptop,& HP IPAQ). I have
> > > Outlook 2003 on all except my IPAQ (i think). As of now the only
> > > place I have my 2 email accounts going to is my office, what I hate
> > > is being somewhere else and not being able to look at any email or
> > > contacts becasue I am not sure how to set up multiple Outlooks for
> > > the same accounts. (Not sure if that makes sense) Any help would be
> > > great!
> >
> > You need to speak to the mail people where you work for what options
they
> > provide for accessing your work mail externally.
> > --
> > Brian Tillman

0
nospam9396 (22)
6/24/2006 10:09:10 AM
I'm guessing that you have your website and email hosted with a provider, and
you have your Outlook setup to access that email (as opposed to owning your
own webserver and email server).

If this is true, it's propably more likely you are not using Exchange.

There are basically two kinds of connections from Outlook to a non-Exchange
email server:  POP3 and IMAP.  Your email provider may provide either or both
of these.

With POP3, your email will be MOVED from the email server to whichever
computer you connect to at the moment with Outlook.  A copy of the email will
not still be on the email server.

Let's say you're in your office on your desktop on Monday, and view your
email with Outlook.  All outstanding email will be copied to your desktop,
and deleted from the email server automatically.

Then on Tuesday, while traveling with your laptop, you view your email with
Outlook.  Any new email from lastnight and today will get copied to your
laptop.  But you will not see any of the email that got copied to your
desktop on Monday.

When you return to your desktop on Wednesday, you won't see any of the email
from your laptop..... so the email will be all over the place.

Now, for IMAP....   IMAP, which your provider may or may not provide, works
similar to POP3, but it doesn't delete the emails from the server.  You can
see all emails on all computers, because the server is the master, not the
desktop or laptop.  The exception to this, is any copies of SENT email.  That
would be only on the computer you sent it from.... but you might be able to
do something there maybe.

The last option is to not use Outlook at all from any computer, and to
always use the web-based interface that most email providers will provide.
This way, all incoming email and copies of sent email always stay on the
server, never on your desktop or laptop.

I prefer the IMAP option myself, because of course, the Outlook interface is
much faster and friendly, etc. ad. infinitum.
0
John1063 (943)
6/24/2006 12:29:01 PM
Rochelle <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately that would be me.  It is our family business, which
> makes business and personal all run together.  I would have to check
> and see who actually set up all of our accounts for the business.
> But lets say I just wanted to be able to see my earthlink mail
> everywhere, can you answer my question without the business part?

OK.  How many PCs do you wish to use for this?  Will it always be one PC, a
laptop you take with you, or will it be from multiple PCs, at home, at work,
an Internet Café, etc.?

> Sorry for the trouble :)

No touble.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
Always Grateful,
Rochelle

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Rochelle <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately that would be me.  It is our family business, which
> > makes business and personal all run together.  I would have to check
> > and see who actually set up all of our accounts for the business.
> > But lets say I just wanted to be able to see my earthlink mail
> > everywhere, can you answer my question without the business part?
>
> OK.  How many PCs do you wish to use for this?  Will it always be one PC, a
> laptop you take with you, or will it be from multiple PCs, at home, at work,
> an Internet Café, etc.?

I have a desktop at work, desktop at home, laptop, & PDA....
As of now the only place I can get any mail is from work because I have
Outlook at work set up to receive my work email (wherever that comes from)
and my earthlink account email.  Although I have Outlook 2003 on my other
PCs, I am not sure how to set up the email accounts since they are already
going to the PC at work.

Thanks for helping :)

> > Sorry for the trouble :)
>
> No touble.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Rochelle (23)
Always Grateful,
Rochelle

"John" wrote:

> I'm guessing that you have your website and email hosted with a provider, and
> you have your Outlook setup to access that email (as opposed to owning your
> own webserver and email server).
>
> If this is true, it's propably more likely you are not using Exchange.

That is correct...

> There are basically two kinds of connections from Outlook to a non-Exchange
> email server:  POP3 and IMAP.  Your email provider may provide either or both
> of these.
>
> With POP3, your email will be MOVED from the email server to whichever
> computer you connect to at the moment with Outlook.  A copy of the email will
> not still be on the email server.
>
> Let's say you're in your office on your desktop on Monday, and view your
> email with Outlook.  All outstanding email will be copied to your desktop,
> and deleted from the email server automatically.
>
> Then on Tuesday, while traveling with your laptop, you view your email with
> Outlook.  Any new email from lastnight and today will get copied to your
> laptop.  But you will not see any of the email that got copied to your
> desktop on Monday.
>
> When you return to your desktop on Wednesday, you won't see any of the email
> from your laptop..... so the email will be all over the place.

EXACTLY MY PROBLEM....I HATE THAT....

> Now, for IMAP....   IMAP, which your provider may or may not provide, works
> similar to POP3, but it doesn't delete the emails from the server.  You can
> see all emails on all computers, because the server is the master, not the
> desktop or laptop.  The exception to this, is any copies of SENT email.  That
> would be only on the computer you sent it from.... but you might be able to
> do something there maybe.

This sounds perfect...how should I go about setting this up?

> The last option is to not use Outlook at all from any computer, and to
> always use the web-based interface that most email providers will provide.
> This way, all incoming email and copies of sent email always stay on the
> server, never on your desktop or laptop.
>
> I prefer the IMAP option myself, because of course, the Outlook interface is
> much faster and friendly, etc. ad. infinitum.

Yes I love Outlook so I think the second option would be best
Thanks sooooooooo much!
0
Rochelle (23)
6/26/2006 8:25:02 PM
Rochelle <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a desktop at work, desktop at home, laptop, & PDA....
> As of now the only place I can get any mail is from work because I
> have Outlook at work set up to receive my work email (wherever that
> comes from) and my earthlink account email.  Although I have Outlook
> 2003 on my other PCs, I am not sure how to set up the email accounts
> since they are already going to the PC at work.

If they're all POP accounts, then on the Advanced tab of your accounts'
properties (Click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next.  Select the account.  Click
Change, then More Settings, then Advanced) you can tell Outlook to leave
copies of messages on the server.  That way, other Outlooks accessing that
same server will find the messages there and also download them.  You can
see all your messages on all machines that way, although they will be
distinct copies.  Deleteing an item from one PC won't delete it from the
others.

As for accessing your work mail from outside of work, your work IT people
will have to tell you how to do that.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
6/27/2006 1:17:33 PM
WOW...In about 20 seconds you made my life A LOT easier
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
--
Always Grateful,
Rochelle

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Rochelle <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a desktop at work, desktop at home, laptop, & PDA....
> > As of now the only place I can get any mail is from work because I
> > have Outlook at work set up to receive my work email (wherever that
> > comes from) and my earthlink account email.  Although I have Outlook
> > 2003 on my other PCs, I am not sure how to set up the email accounts
> > since they are already going to the PC at work.
> >

> If they're all POP accounts, then on the Advanced tab of your accounts'
> properties (Click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next.  Select the account.  Click
> Change, then More Settings, then Advanced) you can tell Outlook to leave
> copies of messages on the server.  That way, other Outlooks accessing that
> same server will find the messages there and also download them.  You can
> see all your messages on all machines that way, although they will be
> distinct copies.  Deleteing an item from one PC won't delete it from the
> others.
>
> As for accessing your work mail from outside of work, your work IT people
> will have to tell you how to do that.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Rochelle (23)

Outlook Connector for MSN
After I downloaded and installed everything for my dsl premium service, including the Outlook Connector for MSN everything works fine, except after 5 minutes of opening Outlook I get a message that it's shutting down via the Outlook Connector for MSN program. Any others with this issue? Fixes? ...

Ghost Folder in Outlook?
I have a Ghost folder in Outlook 2003 w/WinXP SP2, which just shows the icon. When I try to click on it I get the error.... "The set of folders could not be opened". Could you show me where could I remove the Outllook mailbox manually? I realize I could create a new profile but how could I get all the information from the main folder over to this new setup? The corrupted one is not my main folder but would like to get rid of it. Is there a registry key that could be deleted to remove this folder? you can delete a reg key, but if you screw up, you'll need a new prof...

Task Manager has stopped working
When starting windows I get a message: Task Manager has stopped working. When I go to control Panel and try to start TM I get an error code Ox8000FFFF Catastrophic Failure. The TM service is running and I have cleaned the registry. Any ideas how to fix? ...

Trying to install Exchange Server Management Tools 2003 on a windows 2000 server..
Hi there, I am trying to install Exchange Server Management Tools 2003, however this is apearently not easy. I follow the requirements in the wizard, and this states to make sure the following are in place first. 1)IIS 2)Windows 2003 Server Administration Tools Pack 3)... If i try to install Windows 2003 Server Administration Tools Pack on a windows 2000 server i get an error, that matches the error mentioned in the Q304718. In the article it states that it cannot be installed on a Windows 2000 Server! Windows 2000 and the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Package The Windows Server...

want questions

Outlook 2003 pst file not readable by Outlook 2000!
Hello Don't know if I was doing something wrong but I copied a pst file from Outlook 2003 to a machine running Outlook 2000 and it complained that data file was not compatible or something. Is this normal for newer version pst files to not be compatible with earlier version Outlook? Angus Of course. That's been exhaustively documented. If you want to create a PST file that will be backwards compatible in Outlook 2003, you must do so expressly. File > New > Outlook Data File > Outlook 97-2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Angus Comber" <nospam@gmail.com&...

Delete Empty Folders in Outlook PST
Hi There Outlook community. Note sure if this is a "how do you ..." question or a feature request. I use a comprehensive hierarchical structure for folders within my outlook.pst datafile. After autoarchiving large numbers of messages from my outlook.pst to my archive.pst I am left with a large number of folders (in the outlook PST) which are now empty. Can anyone suggest how I can identify these empty folders and (ideally) delete them completely - or can this be set as an option somewhere in the archive settings? Thanks You view your folders in Tree View, the...

Outlook Error message #3
Hi there, can anyone help me out? Everytime I start my Outlook a message pops up saying The add-in "C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MOCIEXT.DLL" could not be instatlled or loaded. When I hit OK it starts Outlook. How can I fix this problem. There are some things that I can not access in Outlook too. Please help. Thanks. JL Hi Jennifer, It sounds like you are having a problem with an Outlook Add-In. Try this and see if your problem is temporarily resolved. Open Outlook and go to > Tools > Options > "Other tab" > Advanced Options > Add-In Manager and uncheck...

Outlook Web Access Address List
I am unable to look up a user's address in the Address Book in Outlook Web Access. This user is listed in the GAL and can be seen from regular Outlook, just not Web Access. Any hints to where to look? Thanks! Are all of your users in the default GAL? if not you may want to look in ADSI Edit. Changes for Web users to use company global address list. In ADSIEdit set the "msExchQuesryBaseDN" to the "Distinguished Name" of the OU containing the user. This can be found in ADSIEdit under: Domain[FQDN of Domain Controller]\DC=domain,DC=com\OU=Hosted Customers\OU=&qu...

Help
When creating or fowarding an e-mail message using outlook 2000, scrolling through my "recipients" list (contacts) causes the program to close unexpectedly. So, I click "new", click "to", switch to my "contacts" list, and as I scroll through the names, the program just closes. Is there a possibility that one of my contact records is corrupt? I have opened all of my contacts and saved them without an error. This problem developed shortly after the install of Office 2000's calender update, and basic security update. I have since fully u...

Excel Form: General Query Data Management
Hi, A quick question- I have designed a questionnaire in Excel, this is combination of check boxes, drop down list boxes, cells to input whol numbers etc. I have created (in hidden rows) formula to count each o the variables listed in drop down boxes etc). I was under the initia understanding that the form would not be distributed to that man people however now I am advised that this will probably go out to i excess of 250 people. So my question relates to how I can manage th data that I receive back. I was intending to create a template that would take the value calculated in each individu...

I want more!

HELP: Outlook Connector Problem
[Note, if there is another newsgroup for Outlook Connecter issues, please let me know. I couldn't find one in the list.] I have asked about this before, but not received any replies. I don't know if others are experiencing this, but for me it is 100% reproducible. It's a serious problem that has effectively rendered the entire Outlook alarm and notification system worthless, because I now have a hundred alarms that just keep popping up, drowning out any legitimate reminders. The Problem: For messages on an MS Live account, accessed via Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5...

Not able to save changes to system settings
I have 3.0 with sample data. My issue is that I'm not able to save any changes to the system settings. I have SA right. Any idea? Thanks. This is normally caused by a incorrect SQL Reporting Services setup. Check that your SRS Server is working, check that srs's url is well configured at deployment manager. And if it doesn't solve the problem you should read this KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916159/en-us -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "HEC" wrote: > I have 3.0 with sample data. My issue is that I'm not abl...

Outlook Express Attachments #19
Normally I use Eudora for getting my mail and the attachments go in to a designated folder of my choosing ...I decided today to try Outlook Express for a while but I cant see anyway of directing attachments to the same folder ..I looked at the Message Rules and it asks you to specify a folder but only the mail folders not ones outwith OE,as far as I can see ...Can anyone help here please ?? Stuart ks -- "YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift That is why it is called the present " As far as I know, there is no way to have OE detach and save attachments to ...

Can't reopen Outlook 2003 in the same session
If I open my Outlook 2003 account and then close it, I can't reopen Outlook unless I logoff, restart, etc. I was doing a how-to doc and created a few fictitious profiles for screen shots but deleted all of them. I've checked everything I could think off to see if I might have inadvertently changed some of my settings but found nothing. I appreciate any help. ...

Exception handling in unManaged code when being called from managed code
Hi! Here is some text from Microsoft press(exam 70-536). "Exceptions in unmanaged code are markedly different from those thrown in managed code. In earlier COM days, you could use the GetLastError function to get the last error that was raised. This approach won't work in a managed application because the return value of GetLastError might not be the correct one. Why ? because the GetLastError method can be set by either a ..NET framework object or the common language runtime(CLR) " What does this last sentence actually mean here. It says "because the Ge...

Outlook 2003 and Images
One fine day, Outlook stopped showing images in my mails. Only 'X' symbols. I tried this --- Under Tools --> Options --> Security --> Download Pictures both "Don't download pictures...." and "Warn me before downloading...." are TURNED OFF (boxes not checked). No matter how many times I check those options on and off, it does not resolve the issue. HELP NEEDED!! Regards ...

Text want wrap in text box

outlook express 06-11-10
Being new to windows live, iv'e always used outlook express and im having problems adjusting to the new set up. before in outlook express all your emails came into one inbox, now i have an inbox, drafts and outbox for each email account, is there no way i can get all the emails to go into one inbox just like the old days with outlook express as i have 5 different email accounts for personal and business use and im finding im scrolling up and down a huge page just to check 5 inboxes thanks inadvance for your help DBT You have two options 1) Quick Views at View (ALT+V), L...

Outlook Express vs Outlook Office
I have both Outlook Express and Outlook Office. All of my incoming e-mail can only be read in Express. I would like to only use Office. How do I have the income mail go to Office instead of Express? Confused wrote: > *I have both Outlook Express and Outlook Office. All of > my incoming e-mail can only be read in Express. I would > like to only use Office. How do I have the income mail > go to Office instead of Express? * Basically set up Office Outlook from scratch and it will ask you if you would like to import your current e-mails etc. from express. Once ya mailing a...

Load Newsreader in Outlook
How do I add the newsreader to my Outlook menu? I tried following the directions in Outlook 2003, but it told me I could find it in the GO menu and it wasn't there. Thanks. Shannon To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your machine in orde...

Want to Add more Sub description Field