I've just loaded outlook but it does not display any of my messag

I have just loaded Outlook. It recognises my MSN name but does not display
any of my messages, nor my personal mail folders.  Is there some sort of
initialisation that I need to do to populate the folders ?

P.S.  I've had the account for 4 years, but have been using Hotmail up until
now.

are you using the outlook connector? Did you do a send and receive?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Bridge_Coach" <Bridge_Coach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just loaded Outlook. It recognises my MSN name but does not display
> any of my messages, nor my personal mail folders.  Is there some sort of
> initialisation that I need to do to populate the folders ?
>
> P.S.  I've had the account for 4 years, but have been using Hotmail up
> until
> now.

0
Diane

Outlook 2003 and Vista Business??
When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I copy the link to IE7 theres is no problem. If the mail is HTML coded no problem occurs when I click the link. How come?? -- Regards Peter "Peter Jensen" <fup@snyd.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:798D10C7-867F-4297-89C3-614510007FE0@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search > function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I > copy the link to I...

only 34 more days 2 go until the mentally challenged Kevin Panzke finishes this round of Ubuntu 10.04 countdown. Just FYI
Just FYI ...

How to check whether the current application's user interface displays using visual styles?
Hi, How to check if my app displays using visual styles? IsAppThemed() and IsThemeActive() return TRUE all the time. I would like to see if theme enabling manifest exists and works or not... thanks Dmitry Nogin wrote: > How to check if my app displays using visual styles? e.g. GetWindowTheme() on a fake button. ...

upgraded from outlook express to outlook, cant receive mail help
Somebody help im going mad, have done all that MS is instructing via web, still cant receive mail steve <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Somebody help im going mad, have done all that MS is instructing via > web, still cant receive mail First, Outlook is not an upgrade from Outlook Express. They're separate applications. Second, you give no version numbers and list no symptoms, so how do you expect anyone to help? -- Brian Tillman ...

Just off the Press ....Explosive
Just off the Press ..Explosive Customer Building Techniques New toolkit reveals 26 Explosive Customer Building techniques that will produce ready to buy subscribers, as much as 50 times faster than most other conventional methods. (there is a 100% quadruple money back guarantee - yes quadruple, you'll be amazed) Just imagine all the money you could make. You can use your money for whatever you like. Buy yourself (or the kids) an education, buy or pay off your House or Car. Donate some or all of your newly earned wealth to your favorite charity. To learn more go to: http://50000custom...

Dynamic application icon loaded
Hi All, Is there is a way to update the application icon run time. I also wish to change the icons appear on the explorer window dynamically. SetIcon will change the application icon on its window but not of the file icon visible in a explorer window. I could think of updating the resource but is needs to write a different app. I do not wish to go with this solution. is there any other way. "Matrixinline" <anup.kataria@gmail.com> wrote in message news:472d244b-24ed-4876-89cb-6bfac7a109b0@s9g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > SetIcon will change the application icon on its...

Switch from OE to Outlook
What would be the best way to switch form OE to Outlook and keep all emails, contacts, etc? double click on outlook. Say 'yes' when it asks whether you want to import N "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017e01c3ce34$66569f40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > What would be the best way to switch form OE to Outlook > and keep all emails, contacts, etc? need more info, are you on a mac or windows machine. what versions are you running on oe/outlook. If you are on a windows machine, you can use the import/export wizard in outlook. >--...

how to set up e-mail in Outlook.
I have been trying to set up an e-mail account in Outlook. The help section says that there is an option under the tools menu to set up an e-mail account, but it's not on my computer. Yes, I'm sure! Can anyone help me? Or is Outlook just the poorly made sequel to MS word? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes....

Sending messages from me to "undisclosed recipients"
I installed Norton Internet Security a few days ago, and since then, several times a day I get an email from myself addressed to "undisclosed recipients". The message is empty. Is this related to the installation? Am I under attack? What should I do? I appreciate any advice. Thanks. "rpbjeb" <rpbjeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ED4C3EB-690A-45A4-B595-0B6E7B3FA93F@microsoft.com... >I installed Norton Internet Security a few days ago, and since then, several > times a day I get an email from myself addressed to "undisc...

Outlook Sync issue
One of my users all of a sudden had this problem. Last Friday, she found her Outlook2003 will not receive any new emails. I checked the Exchange 2000 server and her mail-box, they look good and I was able to use another PC and her ID to access her mail-box and see lots of new emails. So, I did reinstall the Outlook 2003, delete ost file and re-sync and go through MS article 842284. But it is still the same thing. She can not get new emails. However, when I remove ost file and re-sync, she will see the old emails until Friday. In her Outlook folder, there are sync errors. I don't think thi...

suddenly when i use formula it just show
pls help me on this, somehow when i use formula, to link to existing box with formula, the result will be 0. plss help it kind of urgent here... Try to explain in a little different way please. ...

Outlook 2003 BCM and Exchange 5.5
Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exchange 5.5..? I installed it as an add on...and it doens't work. Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanx in advance. No, BCM doesn't work with Exchange. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3b85a$d85fcbb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exch...

just for testing
0oi[- ...

Outlook total number of emails bottom of blue pane how?
I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's gone! E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emails on the bottom of the blue navigation pane. All the help boxes say right click on folder - properties and display number but that gives it after each folder name. I don't want that Its ok - View and status bar fixed it - thanks "cstanley" wrote: > I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's > gone! > E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emai...

Outlook Rules #11
I have written a rule like to following using the Rules wizard but can get it to work. The rule should automatically reply to John but it doesn't Apply this rule after message arrives from John have server reply using Hey Outlook 2002 Windows 200o Pro What mail server are you using? If you have no Exchange server, the server option will not work. If the sender is external to your organization, and you are using Exchange, Exchange denies replies and forwards to the Internet by default. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

How do I get a word count on an article I just completed?
I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how many words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my own (new computer) to no avail. Help, please! Which version of Word???????? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "SunflowerJean" <SunflowerJean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:386A9D9B-BE83-4836-B6E7-04DA5A09DC09@microsoft.com... > I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how > many > words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my > ...

Outlook 2002 Slow Retrieval of emails
I've been experiencing a great slow down in how long it takes my Outlook 2002 client when retrieving my emails. There is about a 15-30 delay for retrieving each new email from the exchange server. I've installed SP3, and I've made sure that Messenger service is turned off in Outlook. I've tried enabling and disabling Windows Messenger -- and I've tried enabling and disabling my Microsoft Messenger 6.2. Nothing is making a difference. Help! ...

Unable to Open Outlook 2003 .msg files with Outlook 2002
I have discovered that if I drag an Outlook 2003 message out of a mailbox folder onto a file system folder I cannot open this msg file with Outlook 2002. I get an error message telling me that the message was created with a later version of Outlook (2003) and that I can go bite my bum. What's the deal? Is there a work-around or do I have to shell out for Oultook upgrades? Cheers, Bill. Will this fix the problem? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824122 Cheers, Bill "Bill" <billyg1943@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:emYxZp44FHA.3136@TK2...

Displaying MailBox in Outlook 2002
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002, and when I go into tools -> accounts -> view or change current -> change -> more settings -> and click on the advanced tab to add... a mailbox, I type in the correct mailbox name (i.g. ASFAX) and click add. Click OK throughout, and when I get back to my Folder List, I click on the ASFAX and it says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I know the name of the folder is correct, and it works fine. Other people in my organization can access this mailbox just as d...

I just don't understand it!
I am a noob on this forum, please tell me how do I type in color text _______________ Dating listing 'Dating Services' (http://advertads.com/dating-services/) -- datingservices2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ datingservices2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571248 I am a noob on this forum, please tell me how do I type in color text _______________ Dating listing 'Dating Services' (http://advertads....

Outlook remove appointments on calender (To place them back later)
I'm having some problems with outlook98 i'm running windowsNT4 (sp6a)on a notebook. Appointments on the calender disappear to reapear later the same day or a day after! This problem keeps returning can some1 please help me? Anyone who find an answer thanks a lot! ...

Outlook Outbox Clogging
I goofed and tried to send a small video to a friend. The small video is 85mb and now my outbox is clogged and my Outlook is incredibly slow. Even small emails are taking forever to send. Help! I've tried deleting it, but it says it can't because it has already started sending it. It's been 24 hours! Novice Nelly wrote: > I goofed and tried to send a small video to a friend. The small video is 85mb > and now my outbox is clogged and my Outlook is incredibly slow. Even small > emails are taking forever to send. Help! I've tried deleting it, but it says ...

Configuring Outlook Client for a Windows 2003 Email Server
It seemed fairly simple, but I cant login succesfully from my first two created mailboxes..... Im using an active directory integrated role, and I am testing it with some already existing account by only creating the mailboxes. Am I doing something wrong??? when I try to log in, it fails, tells me my username password or email are wrong, but they arent.... Is there permissions im missing?? or something else any help would be greatly appreciated..... ...

Speed up loading Outlook Client
Hello, After installing the client I see that outlook takes some time before I can access the folders. This is due to the the tool bar loading (promote emails, tasks etc). Is there a way to speed up the loading of this toolbar? Thanks Justin How long is too long? Outlook requires time to load the views, especially if you have customized them rather extensively. If you want Outlook to open instantly, then you can rename the outcmd.dat file but you will lose any customizations you have done. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

Need to change the display of a chart
Hello! I have several pie charts that I have created to show percentages. In several of them, there are multiple legend values for the same percentage (0%). Excel prints all of them stacked on top of each other, with their leader lines and in some cases it runs into the title of the chart. Is there any way to change this? Also, in some other cases, with the same situation, there are no leader lines displayed (even though I told it to under Chart Options) and the values all print on top of each other. Suffice it to say, these charts are not very readable. Can anyone help me on thi...