I created a new form for contacts. I followed the three
steps in the document How to Update Existing Items to Use
a New Custom Form.  I can click on Action and do new
contact and the new form is used.  I used Omsgclas.exe
utility to change the message class of the contacts.  It
shows as changed.  However, when I click on an old
contact (previous to changing the form), A message form
comes up (not the old contact form and not my new contact
form).

Anyone have any help how to get my new form pulled up for
old messages?  Note:  I had a form with a ' in the name,
I made a new form whose name has no special characters or
spaces but it is 13 characters long.  Could this be
causing a problem?

Jain
0
anonymous (74725)

Do the existing contacts have your custom message class? If not you
need to run code to convert each existing item to have your custom
message class. You might also have to clear your forms cache.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Jain Sajer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created a new form for contacts. I followed the three
> steps in the document How to Update Existing Items to Use
> a New Custom Form.  I can click on Action and do new
> contact and the new form is used.  I used Omsgclas.exe
> utility to change the message class of the contacts.  It
> shows as changed.  However, when I click on an old
> contact (previous to changing the form), A message form
> comes up (not the old contact form and not my new contact
> form).
>
> Anyone have any help how to get my new form pulled up for
> old messages?  Note:  I had a form with a ' in the name,
> I made a new form whose name has no special characters or
> spaces but it is 13 characters long.  Could this be
> causing a problem?
>
> Jain

0
kenslovak (742)

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Many Contacts for 1 account ?
Hello How could i create many contacts for a single exchange accounts ? Could i create a contact for external user without to create an exchange accouunt for it ? some help plz Perhaps if you explain what your goal is the list could help. You can create contacts within AD that don't have a mailbox. AM "Ahmad Sabry El Gendi" <AhmadSabry@abc> wrote in message news:edsgSRYOHHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello > How could i create many contacts for a single exchange accounts ? > Could i create a contact for external user without to create an exchange &g...

Split Form Question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01CAAF13.FE651FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2. When I first open a split form there is no data in the navigation bar at = the bottom of the form. It doesn't show the record number or the number of records. Only when I select a row does anything show in the nav bar. Is this normal?? James ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01CAAF13.FE651FC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encod...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Public Folder move to a new server with replication enabled
What is the best method to move replicated public folders. We have a four server env. running W2K3 EX2003. I am trying to migrate some data off two server that are running out of space. The two servers runnning out of space are replicatiing public folders. I would like to move the public stores to two new servers. What is the best way to do it with the replication intact. Can I just move the stores? Is it an option to replicate to the new servers and stop relicating the old server when the folders are created. Keeping downtime to a minimun is a primary goal. Thanks in advance for your...

Allow temporarily use of right click

New Implementation
We have a Quickbooks client with existing scheduled payments. We need to load them into the new implementation of GP. Issue 1: This is not a NEW scheduled payment so we need to find out if there is a way to load existing payment routines that don't START with a posting in A/P but still post to AP each month going forward. Issue 2: Since it is not a new scheduled payment we need a way for the load to include the 'right' way for the system to calculate interest/principal portions of the monthly payment AS IF the full loan were loaded. Example: If this were an initial load...

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

Access 2003 Form Question
I have an access database that I am using for site surveys. In a nutshell, there is a header table with a date and location as the keys and a detail section with the survey results. The detail section shows a series of 30 or so questions(from a questions table) on how the site was rated. I am trying to design a form that populates a yes/no/not available type response in the detail section. The user would either click on a yes/no/NA type box or have a drop down and select the value(whichever is easiest) next to the box. After the user answers the 30 or so questions, an answers table...

editing a contact
Hi All, I am at a loss. I need to change an e-mail address for one of my contacts and I can't figure out how to do it. I am using windows xp home sr3 with outlook 2003.What am I missing? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks, -- Regards, Gary Metzler send to: gmtravel@bellsouth.net http://www.outtasighttravel.com Msn messenger: gmetzler1150@hotmail.com Skype name: garymetz Open the contact. Tab to the e-mail address and press delete. Enter the new address. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion ...

What do you use Excel for?

Edit contact form
I edited the fields in the contact form fields, however when I look up the contact in contacts page it does not display the changes that i made to the form, Can anyone help? Try this: http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp ?id=30501&target=CS >-----Original Message----- >I edited the fields in the contact form fields, however >when I look up the contact in contacts page it does not >display the changes that i made to the form, Can anyone >help? >. > Did you publish and reset iis? Bill >-----Original Message----- > >Try this: &g...