When I open the outlook and click on send/receive, I receive all the emails,
but I could not find the downloaded email anywhere. It's not in my inbox or
any of the folders that I have created. The unread mail also does not change
to reflect that new emails have arrived. Could some one help me out here.
Thanking you in advance.
0
INAVAB (1)

If you check your whole folder tree (composed of multiple PSTs possibly),
are any folders showing as bold?

"INAVAB" <INAVAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open the outlook and click on send/receive, I receive all the
> emails,
> but I could not find the downloaded email anywhere. It's not in my inbox
> or
> any of the folders that I have created. The unread mail also does not
> change
> to reflect that new emails have arrived. Could some one help me out here.
> Thanking you in advance.

0
vince8328 (2732)
12/8/2008 3:20:47 PM
The folders that are bold are:
'Deleted Items', 'Inbox', 'Junk Mail'.

I have several months of email from my gmail account that I can't bring over
to Outlook...Any ideas?

thanks.
Joel

"Vince Averello" wrote:

> If you check your whole folder tree (composed of multiple PSTs possibly),
> are any folders showing as bold?
>
> "INAVAB" <INAVAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I open the outlook and click on send/receive, I receive all the
> > emails,
> > but I could not find the downloaded email anywhere. It's not in my inbox
> > or
> > any of the folders that I have created. The unread mail also does not
> > change
> > to reflect that new emails have arrived. Could some one help me out here.
> > Thanking you in advance.

0
JoelR (2)
12/8/2008 8:02:00 PM
I have had a similar problem.

Briefly click your cursor on the Tab, Search Folders - Categorized Mail, and
then return your cursor to the Tab, Inbox.

Wonderfully for me ... my emails are all here ... but I have to do this
several times a day and this is making me GO CRAZY.

"JoelR" wrote:

> The folders that are bold are:
> 'Deleted Items', 'Inbox', 'Junk Mail'.
>
> I have several months of email from my gmail account that I can't bring over
> to Outlook...Any ideas?
>
> thanks.
> Joel
>
> "Vince Averello" wrote:
>
> > If you check your whole folder tree (composed of multiple PSTs possibly),
> > are any folders showing as bold?
> >
> > "INAVAB" <INAVAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I open the outlook and click on send/receive, I receive all the
> > > emails,
> > > but I could not find the downloaded email anywhere. It's not in my inbox
> > > or
> > > any of the folders that I have created. The unread mail also does not
> > > change
> > > to reflect that new emails have arrived. Could some one help me out here.
> > > Thanking you in advance.

0
Flush777 (1)
12/9/2008 3:48:02 AM
"JoelR" <JoelR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have several months of email from my gmail account that I can't bring
> over
> to Outlook...Any ideas?

If you are using a POP account with gmail, you must configure gmail to
include past messages if you want Outlook to download them.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Creating a catch all email box
We are 21 users and our emails are lastname@.... Our clients routinely spell our last names wrong. I'd like to route all undeliverable emails to a specific inbox. How do I accomplish this? Thank you in advance for any assistance Check this out: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html "Harry Lavallen" <lavallen@tallen-inc.com> wrote in message news:17f601c4ad56$0a57dea0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > We are 21 users and our emails are lastname@.... Our > clients routinely spell our last names wrong. I'd like to > route all undeliverabl...

Cant receive messages
I configured my profile and when I do a test message, everything is ok - but no messages are dowloaded - but sending is ok. Please help Also, the error message says 0x80040154 pop3 can't receive "Lori" wrote: > I configured my profile and when I do a test message, everything is ok - but > no messages are dowloaded - but sending is ok. > > Please help Lori Who is your mail provider? They can usually give you specific instructions for set up of your profile. -- Paula Jones MCT, MIITT, Mos Master Instructor http://www.6thlevel.co.uk "Lori" wrote: ...

office XP: problems with sending/receiving
I recently installed Office XP. I previously had Office 2003 installed and before that, Office 2000. Instead of upgrading to Office XP, I uninstalled Office 2003 and then installed Office XP. Anyway, it seems to have retained some of the settings of my previous installation. That's the background. Now on to my problems. They are two-fold. First, when I hit click send/receive in Outlook, I get an error message that says "the operation failed". I sent some test e-mails and my friends reported receiving them and replying, but I never got the replies. I haven't rec...

M/S Publisher 2003 with M/S XP Professional OS
After a hard disk problem last week (would not boot) I bought a new hard drive only and had it installed, afterward I was informed that the hard drive had become unbootable so my data and files are still there. With the new hard drive containing the same XP Pro Operating System as the old hard drive, I then designated new hard drive master and the old one slave. I then went in and installed the very same M/S Publisher 2003. I can not gain access to my personal user files off the old hard drive. I am able to access, move, copy and edit all the other user files except for my own. (In case...

Email Reminders #2
Good afternoon everyone! I would like to find out if there is a way for me to send an email that would only flag myself for the reminder and not the recipients of the message. If anyone knows of a way to do this, I would be extremely grateful! Thanks and have a great evening! Kindest regards, Kerrick Sawyers ...

Cannot receive messages over 1 meg
I have 2003 Exchange Standard. None of my users can recieve any e-mail over about 1 meg. We can send large emails all day long though. My settings are as follows: Global Setting/Message Delivery/Defaults Sending: 10500 Global Setting/Message Delivery/Defaults Receiving: 10500 Servers/Protocols/SMTP/Limit Message size: 10500 Servers/Protocols/SMTP/Limit Session size: 10500 Servers/Protocols/SMTP/Limit number of messages per connection to: 20 Servers/Protocols/SMTP/Limit number of recipients per message to: 100 All individual users within AD are set to use defaults As you can see ...

email attachment #2
I know this will sound really dumb to you experts-----but---I have never opened an attachment in email. Today I received one that I really want to see but don't know how to go about getting it. Thanks for your help and your patience. Hi there, I'd use your email program's help function (usually you can press F1 or go to the Help menu) to familiarise yourself with the program as this is an Excel newsgroup. Cheers, Katherine "LJT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0EF666-CD11-4738-861E-27B17AC40830@microsoft.com... > I know this will...

New Case Notification
When someone submits a case or sends an email request to a queue I want that queue to be able to send email notifications to specific CSR's. Is this even possible? The user guide just DANCES around this process. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. John >-----Original Message----- >When someone submits a case or sends an email request to a queue I want that >queue to be able to send email notifications to specific CSR's. Is this >even possible? The user guide just DANCES around this process. Any help is >appreciated. Thanks. > >John > John, using ne...

can't make an email account the default
I have email accounts. Outlook does allow me to make one of tem the default account. What can I do? Go to Tools > Email accounts > View or change existing Email accounts. Select the one you want and hit "Set as Default" then finish. You might have to restart outlook for it to take effect. >-----Original Message----- >I have email accounts. Outlook does allow me to make one >of tem the default account. What can I do? >. > What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second li...

send/receive #17
I can send but cannot receive b4 i reinstalled office 11 I was getting a pop up 'operation failed' now I dont get the pop up but it does not receive either the process screen does not come up testing connections are ok finds server and contacts server and sends test email but outlook does not receive tried removing email client from express setting are the same in both o and oe Are you able to receive in OE? Do you get any error messages when receiving? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no r...

Receivables Management
Customer has a credit ballance which is incorrect. There were 2 credits erroneously created, can I go to sales transaction, debit memo, and .... I don't see where to apply the DR Memo to the credits on the account. Once the DR Memo is generated and posted, if I go to Sales, Apply documents, will it allow the credits remaining to be applied to the DR Memo? If my thnking is wrong, what is the way to resolve the credit balance on the customers account? -- P McCarthy P McCarthy, You can void those credit memos if they are unapplied. Go Transactions>Sales>Posted Transactions. ...

text wrapping option is grayed out. Help me. I'm a novice
I am trying to text wrap a picture but the text wrapping is grayed out. What can i do to fix it? Please give us some more information... Which version of Word are you using? Does the problem occur in one document, and/or with one specific picture, or can you reproduce it in any document? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Novice123" <Novice123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54062D85-0CA7-4E39-8B20-9C5D88002107@microsoft.com... >I am trying to text wrap a picture but the text wrapping is grayed out. >What > can i do to fix it...

Always Emailing Same Invoice
Our company has one end user that everytime he tries to email an invoice out of Great Plains using the 'Send To' feature, it always tries to send the same invoice, not the one that he's actually trying to send. It's really strange. He opens the invoice that he is going to email to a customer, he prints it to the screen and it's the one that he wants to send, then he clicks the 'Send To' button and when he sends the email the invoice that is received is always a completely different one, but always the same one. My thought was that there was some kind of cac...

Cell with email address
I have a cell where I just want to record an email address. However, whenever I enter it tries to connect to Outlook, thinking I want to send an email. How can I stop this? -- Les Les It shouldn't try to connect unless you click on it but you can precede the entry with a single apostrophe or press Ctrl+Z after entry (undo) and a second entry should stop it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B53EE8A-A0A8-4AFD-A09F-116DDE063747@microsoft.co...

Received mail has different font.
Re: Outlook 2003 using Windows XP pro I have recently noticed that my laptop has started displaying read mail in Times New Roman instead of the font that the mail was sent in (tested with 4 different sans serif fonts). The only thing I have done is update my windows software at the windows update web site and no other settings have been changed. I operate a computer and laptop side by side and send e-mails regularly from the desktop Outlook 2003 with my account Bcc'd which I view on my laptop Outlook 2003. I use an automated signature that was set up in Outlook and th...

Is there any function which gets called when the dialog receives the focus??
Hi all, I want a function which gets called when ever the dialog receives the focus. Is there any function like that available or else how can I call a user defined function which gets called when the dialog receives the focus. Thanks in Advance Use OnActivate(...) handler for the dialog. -- Vipin Aravind "aarya" <kk.simhadri@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138084577.419720.26300@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > I want a function which gets called when ever the dialog > receives the focus. > Is there any function like that availabl...

email drop down
is it possible to have a drop down list that contains a list of save emails and when one is selected it open the specified email. Further to this, if it is possible can you get any sell data into th email eg the to address or say a refrence number from a cell into th message bod -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com is this not possible then -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Cannot recieve outside email
Let me just start by saying i am a newbie at exchange. The main problem i am having is that no outside emails are being deliverd to our users. We can send/recieve internaly and send externaly however cannot get anything from the outside world. I tested our domain (4qc.com) on dnsreport.com and we pass everything except the Mail section. It says: "Error: I could not complete a connection to any of your mailservers!" it says that it has timed out. I can telnet into the server internaly and can send an email through that. I cannot telnet or access OWA from outside our domain. Any...

Send/receive #22
Hi I have looked through the posts and help files but cannot seemed to find an answer. Using Outlook 2003 SP3, is there a way I can stop sending emails automatically when the programme opens. Thanks, Rob hollies, you wrote on Thu, 4 Sep 2008 14:42:44 +0100: > Using Outlook 2003 SP3, is there a way I can stop sending emails > automatically when the programme opens. Tools | Options | E-Mail-Setup | Send/Receive Uncheck there the option "Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes" Note: If this option is disabled you have to press the send/receive button in...

double emails #6
I set up Outlook Express yesterday. Five minutes later, I realized that what I really wanted was Outlook so I changed over to that. Now I'm getting duplicates of all emails. I also have McAfee so I'm wondering if that is affecting it as well. Yesterday I got single emails. This morning I woke up to doubles. dudish <dudish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up Outlook Express yesterday. Five minutes later, I realized > that what I really wanted was Outlook so I changed over to that. Now > I'm getting duplicates of all emails. Duplicates in one program, o...

1st line of text appears again half way through the email
Hi there Wondering if anybody has seen this before. When I receive a long email half way through the email the 1st line of the email body appears again? Please send any thoughts to me via email. Regards, Warren ...

Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance Lookup Very Slow
A client of ours on GP v6.0 has an issue with the document number lookup on the Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance window taking a couple of hours to return a result on their largest database and many minutes on their smaller databases. I notice KB article 857143 on Partnersource mentions the same issue for v8.0 but with no solution. Is there a known work around for this issue? They are soon to migrate to 8.0 but I would like to fix the issue in the short term and preferably not leave them with the same issue after the upgrade. Are they periodically moving receivables trans...

My wife has a distribution list that no longer sends email out
Suddenly, emails to the members on the distribution list won't go out. None of the members receive emails sent with distribution list as recipient. All other emails go out fine. -- aag Distribution Lists are notoriously unreliable. Make it again, or use Categorising of Contacts as a more robust way to use Outlook. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "aag" <aag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E00BBC9B-ECA8-426D-B501-12C409CA61AD@microsoft.com... > Suddenly, emails to the members on the distribution list won't go out. &...

I'm confused...
I am trying to determine whether or not some of the MS Business Solutions products would be appropriate for our organization. Currently, my focus is on replacing our current POS application so that's how I got started looking at this stuff. My confusion is in what the various product are and what they do. As far as the POS solutions go, I've managed to find an eval of "Store Operations Manager" which seems like it includes "Point of Sale" but the product comparison page (http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/product_comparison.mspx) list...

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox
There is a major bug in Outlook 2007 whereby the emails get stuck in the Outbox and I'm not aware that they are stuck, unless I check the Outbox folder. I searched this on Google and LOTS of others are having the EXACT same problem. I'm running on Vista x64, very latest updates, otherwise stable system and everything is about as plain-vanilla about my setup as can possibly be. Is Microsoft interested in fixing this or just going to ignore it? Its not a bug with Outlook, its caused by something on your system, often a third party antivirus application "scorpionleather...