I lost my NEWS tool button for Outlook 2003

I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but
no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not
on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere.

0
mrturtle (1)

"Ray Hodil" wrote:

> I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but
> no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not
> on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere.

0
JWA3 (1)
6/16/2004 3:59:01 AM

"Ray Hodil" wrote:

> I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but
> no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not
> on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere.

0
jatkinson (3)
6/16/2004 4:04:05 AM

"Ray Hodil" wrote:

> I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but
> no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not
> on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere.

0
jatkinson (3)
6/16/2004 4:06:01 AM
I'm having the same problem.

"Ray Hodil" wrote:

> I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but
> no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not
> on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere.

0
jatkinson (3)
6/16/2004 4:06:01 AM
To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button.

You may need to reset the menu or toolbar using Tools, customize.
http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/000710.html

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"JWA3" <JWA3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Ray Hodil" wrote:
>
>> I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but
>> no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not
>> on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere.

0
info2937 (567)

Outlook 2003 problem #17
I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003 installed. When I recieve a message with a link in it, I click on the link and it takes me to "Locate Link Browser". I cannot open the link. Don't understand what's going on. Sandy Sanders <sandys110@rushmore.com> wrote: > I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003 installed. > When I recieve a message with a link in it, I click on the link and > it takes me to > "Locate Link Browser". I cannot open the link. Don't understand > what's going on. Browse to your web browser executable. -- B...

proofing tools/MUI for Office 2007?
Hello All, are there proofing tools/MUI for Office 2007? In fact, I only need spell-checker for several national languages. The closest thing I could find is: "Microsoft Office Multi-Language Pack to deploy individual Proofing Tools / Language Packs for the 2007 Microsoft Office system / Office Language Pack document proofing tools" But that installs the national language "interface" in all Office programs, not only the spell-checker. And what if I wanted to install several spell-check tools on one computer (for our 4-languages support group)? Do I really need to i...

Command button turn do visible
Hi! I have a form based on a table. Both open. The form has a command button (invisible). When I change data on form, update data on table and command button turns to visible. when I change data on table, update data on form but command button don't turns to visible. I would like when actualized data on the table, the command button turns to visible too. Is it possible to do this, please? Thanks in advance an On Sat, 1 May 2010 04:06:05 -0700, an <an@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: No. And it is a REALLY BAD IDEA to open a table directly. Create a form in...

An Outlook 2003 Problem

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

Unwanted Info in Outlook subject line
Every out going message I've sent from Outlook 2000 Professional has this strange header in the subject area: [SPAM]. Why is the happening and how can is be eliminated? Did you install any anti-spam software recently? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Bill <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Every out going message I've sent from Outlook 2000 | Professional...

Saving outlook profile
I have a windowsXP SP3, installed on my computer with outlook2007 as my default mail client. It has happened once a while that the mu user profile has vanished and as a result my outlook settings, including email accounts, rule and ... have disappeared. Is there any solution to this? How can I backup my outlook settings that in similar cases I could restore my outlook. If your user profile is 'disappearing' you have a fundamental problem with your PC, or some one is messing with it "Outlook Problem" <Outlook Problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Outlook #99
I have gotten Outlook Express on my computer somehow and I want it off. I can send no messages and open no attachments. When I open an email it cuts the internet off. I want Outlook Only. Thank You, Sybil Jenkins jenk3@swbell.net I have this same stupid problem somebody help! Please ----- Sybil Jenkins wrote: ---- I have gotten Outlook Express on my computer somehow and I want it off. I can send no messages and open no attachments. When I open an email it cuts the internet off. I want Outlook Only Thank You Sybil Jenkin jenk...

Turn off command buttons if a manager doesn't have accounts
I have a form where users first login and get a UserID. I have a table with accounts and the accounts are assigned to the users. I have a relationship between tblAccounts and tlbUser (UserID). The next form is the main form and I would like certain controls to disappear if the user does NOT have any accounts assigned to him (ie. Sales supervisor). Right now I have it setup where the form checks if that specific UserID is logged in and turns them off accordingly. But pretty soon others without accounts will be able to log in (ie. Purchasers, Customer Reps, Engineers) so this will b...

email
How can I change the time that it takes for message to shift from BOLD (unread) to PLAIN TEXT (as read) in my inbox. If I open MS OUTLOOK it will change within 30 seconds to PLAIN TEXT from BOLD appearing as read, even if I don't want to read them at that time. Therefore, later, I don't know if I read that one or not. I have seen the time limit change on the setup somewhere, but can't find it now! joe@dixiesteamway.com Outlook does not have this option to mark an email as read when viewing in the Preview pane. Only Outlook Express does. "Joe Dobbins" <joe...

Blackberry Server and Exchange 2003
We recently installed an Exchange 2003 Server and have been slowly moving users over. The users have just noticed that if they create or edit a Calendar item, it does not synched with the server. Has anyone else had this issue? Are you sure Calendar sync is enabled on the BB? I have had users complain of this and they we see that it was disabled for some reason. Go in to the Calendar on the BB, Options, and be sure that at the bottom, Wireless Synchronization says YES. "Michael J. Davis" <mdavis@coxsmith.com> wrote in message news:%231AMf$rmGHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP03.ph...

Outlook Mail Problem
I can sent emails to my sister in St. Paul, MN to her business address, but when she tries to reply to my messages she is blocked from sending them to me. I live in Tulsa, OK and this problem does NOT happen when we communicate between her home email address and mine, only when she is at work. Any ideas? It would be pure speculation if we tried to guess the cause. We would have to see a verbatim copy of the blocking notice. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Choppo56" <Choppo56@discussions.micros...

Outlook Archive Folders #2
Hello. Perhaps someone can advise me on this problem. In Outlook, I have two archive folders - one that works and one that always is visible, but cannot be deleted - even if I right click on it and choose delete. I should only have 1 archive folder. Whenever I click on this extra or "problem" archive folder, it says "set of folders could not be opened". This is just my home computer - not a complicated network install for an office. Is there a "hidden" way to delete this unused archive folder on my outlook "Folder List". Thanks to anyone who can h...

Report button in toolbar
Hi I notice that some of my users dont have the report button on their screen although in their role, i give access to report. Could someone help me? Thx Carrie Did you check if the language of the report matches the language of the user? -- Dejan Dular http://a-crm.blogspot.com "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6A45265-FCBD-4366-8078-03AB680EFC36@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I notice that some of my users dont have the report button on their screen > although in their role, i give access to report. > > Could someo...

Setting up Yahoo account in Outlook Express
My question is about: How do I configure Outlook Express for POP access? ISP: I'm on a server at work Email Client: Outlook Express Type your feedback here: I can receive, but not send my Yahoo! email. I have followed the instructions exactly to setup an account on my Outlook Express 6 and my Outlook 2003 at work. Error messages from OE are as follows: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Yahoo', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Thanks for your help. I'm gi...

How to get Office Publisher 2003 to convert .pub to .pdf file ???
How to configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007 and with Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826360 Tried to work with recommendations at above 826360 website, but still cannot convert Publisher file to a pdf. Am using Office2003 (Publisher) and Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (AA5). When try to print to a file with Acrobat Distiller it does not offer the ..pdf extension option, and when I manually add the extension onto the file name it will save the file but AA5 will not load the file. Think I have closely followed the 826360 'How to...' instr...

Reverting to Custom Outlook 2003 Contact Form
Somehow I have managed to create a Custom Form and when I open a Contact I get a message that Form cannot be read and will be opened in Outlook. I recall a message about a change to a .dot template and had trouble getting rid of this message so I suspect I saved an unplanned Custom Form. I would be grateful for any advice on how to revert the Contacts to the original standard Outlook Form. -- Neil@UK ..dot files are Word templates, generally unrelated to Outlook custom forms, so your scenario is a little confusing. To find out whether the items are indeed using a custom fo...

Outlook 2007: Paste
Hello, I know this question has been asked a few times, but I still do not feel I've read a clear explaination. When I see external or internal names in the To line, somtimes they are like Smith, Tom <Tom.Smith@email.com>; Smith, Becky <Becky.Smith@email.com> And if I select them, right click copy, and go into the message body and click paste, it only pastes the display name. I'm not trying to recreate a distribution list. I'm not trying to recover lost contacts. I work with a lot of vendors and act as a bridge between the business and IT, and often I hav...

RPC Required By Outlook
I just completed installing Outlook 2003 for use with our Exhchange 2000 server. When I start the Outlook Client software I get an error message that says: "A system component RPC required by Outlook to connect to E-Mail Server is not configured properly. This install was an update from Outlook XP and was working just fine. Any ideas? Sounds like you are missing one of the following registry keys. REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols] "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"...

Products linked to "Microsoft Outlook Help" from Portugal?
I have aq problem with "dulpicate emails" in Outlook 2003 so I click on the "Microsoft Outlook Help" and saw the link to a "Duplicate Email Remover." After clicking on the link, I was sent to a page where I can purchace the "add on." After my purchase, I received a message that it might take 36 hours to get an email for instructions to download the product since this "person" is in Portugal. I thougt that I was purchacing a product from Microsoft or one of their affiliates. I recommend that you check out the "Microsoft Outlook Hel...

Outlook server crashing and forms
We had a hardware issue last week, which resulted in the crash of our Outlook server. It was a backup procedure that actually caused the hardware to fail, so out last successful backup was about 1 and half weeks ago. While we were able to recover lost emails, and those that we had moved to our archives survived, when reposting the forms we noticed another problem: Any forms that were in a persons Inbox, or subsequent folder when the crash occurred seems to have lost the data from that form. Basically, the email will reappear in your inbox, but the data fields will be left empty. Also, on ...

Info button
Is it possible that I put button on excel sheet and put on click event that display form with info about excel file. If it is possible, how do I make form? I know hot to put controls like buttons, etc.? Thanks Try this See John's example http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip51.htm More info about making userforms http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;829070 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Hrvoje" <hrvojeremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d124pd$ev4$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > Is it possible that I put button on excel she...

change days on calendar,office publisher 2003
I am using MS Office Publisher 2003, to make my own calendars. In both the Yearly and Monthly views, the days are Mon--Sun. In both the Year and Month views, How do you ghange the days to SUN---SAT? This is a regional thing, look in the control panel, open the Regional & Language Options folder, be certain you have English (United States) selected. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "James." <James.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Outlook Template
How do I create a template for Outlook to use that is plain text so any e-mail system would be able to read it? Dave French dfrench at hopennmachinery point com ...

Outlook read receipts Group Policy
G'Day All, I am running E2K3 server and all workstations are XP with Office 2003 I am trying to find an Active Directory/Group Policy to set and lock the Outlook to always send a read receipt response. Any help/pointers would be appreciated. Thanks -- Ferguson Have you looked at the Office Resource Kit for your version of Office? It has several tools to customize the different Office programs. However, your users can still get around sending a read receipt - I know, I did it for years. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion i...