I don't want OOA to reply to list serve mail

I need help setting up a rule to not reply to list serve messages. Can I use
a wildcard in a rule to exclude address with part of the sender's name? An
example would be the Langa List. Could I set a rule to exclude anything that
looked like Lang****?
0
Romain (3)

Romain <Romain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I need help setting up a rule to not reply to list serve messages.
> Can I use a wildcard in a rule to exclude address with part of the
> sender's name?

Rules don't allow wildcards.  Rules utlize substrings.  This looking for
"lang" in the sender address would find "lang", "langa", and "balangar".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
10/9/2007 5:54:40 PM
If a set the rule to look for lang and file would it still send the out of
office message?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Romain <Romain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I need help setting up a rule to not reply to list serve messages.
> > Can I use a wildcard in a rule to exclude address with part of the
> > sender's name?
>
> Rules don't allow wildcards.  Rules utlize substrings.  This looking for
> "lang" in the sender address would find "lang", "langa", and "balangar".
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Romain (3)
10/9/2007 6:22:05 PM
Romain <Romain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> If a set the rule to look for lang and file would it still send the
> out of office message?

Not if you included it as an exception rule.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Romain <Romain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > If a set the rule to look for lang and file would it still send the
> > out of office message?
>
> Not if you included it as an exception rule.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Romain (3)

list in one cell
how can i ctreate a list in one cell such as drop down arrow You can use data validation for this http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=data+validation+excel "sohail" wrote: > how can i ctreate a list in one cell such as drop down arrow hi i think you are intersted in data validation. on the tool bar>data>data validation. also see this site for tutorial. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html regards FSt1 "sohail" wrote: > how can i ctreate a list in one cell such as drop down arrow ...

group mailing
Is there any way that I can conceal the individual addresses when I do a group mailing? If this isn't possible in group mailing, is there another way to do it with MS Mail? All of this applies to OE, WinMail and WLMail. To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, in a new message window, either click View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a; Or: Click the To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice of putting them in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then click BCC to add it. Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Mo...

comparing lists
I have two lists with names and phone numbers. How can I search one list against the other for all the matching records? You can use conditional formatting to highlight colours in one list that appear in the other: Example: If you want to match B1:B5 against A1:A5 You did not include your version number. These instruction apply to XL2003 Click on B1. Click Format, Conditional Formatting Change condition 1 to 'Formula is' Enter the formula =MATCH(B1,$A$1:$A$5,0)>0 Click the format button Choose your background colour Click OK, twice Copy B1 Highlight B1:B5 Click Edit, Paste Sp...

want questions

Smart List Builder Licensing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C5D89D.BADEB5F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm an independent consultant and not a GP authorized reseller. I would = like to buy Smart List Builder(SLB) to use for development on my laptop = and then install the new lists to a customer's server. Is this = possible? Can I license it on my laptop and create Lists for multiple customers to = use or will every customer have to buy their own copy of SLB? --=20 DARIN MORGAN ------=_NextPart...

excel contact list
What is the easiest way to convert an excel spreadsheet of contacts to a file that can be readily imported into a yahoo adress book? First of all you find out what file type the Yahoo address book will work with. *.csv or *.txt or some other structure like tab-delimited? Then you can save your Excel workbook in that format. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 13:57:01 -0700, "cencinio" <cencinio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the easiest way to convert an excel spreadsheet of contacts to a file >that can be readily imported into a yahoo adress b...

Include original attachment with Reply
Can anyone tell me how to include the original attachment when I reply to an email? Replying is much easier than forwarding when we need to add more names to the list of recipients. Using Outlook 2003. Thanks Sander <noemail@noemail.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to include the original attachment when I > reply to an email? Replying is much easier than forwarding when we > need to add more names to the list of recipients. Using Outlook 2003. > Thanks Since it's a reply, You're sending back to the sender an attachment s/he already has. Thus, Outlook wo...

I want more!

Distribution List #8
I have a distribution list containing 40 e mail addresses. I want to install these addresses into the Address Book under One Heading. Then after I find out how to accomplish this move I want to send a message (the same message) to all 40 addresses at one time without revealing all 40 addresses to each recipient. Has anyone out there experienced this? File > New > Distribution List Place it in the BCC field when you send the message. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "David G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e8901c3a20e$71ab27f0$a301280a...

Mail is deleted
Hi all I have exc2003 and Xp pro with Outlook2003.I'm testing the worse case scenario where if mail is deleted from deleted items also and i can't seems to get it back.... Here is my scenario > I have setup a mailbox RecoveryMailbox with adress recovery@...... > I have added the profile to my personal outlook > I Log into my personal profile and send test mail to recovery adress > Log out my profile > Log in recovery profile > Delete mail from inbox and deleted items > Click on Deleted items > Click Tools > Recovery deleted items > the Recover del...

Unable to receive e-mail message formatted in RTF
I'm using Outlook 2003/SP2 on Windows/2000 connecting to an Exchange Server. When someone sends a message in RTF, what I get is a message that includes both HTML and plain text, but no RTF. I've gone all through the e-mail and account options in Outlook and have found some settings which allow me to send in RTF, but none that would prevent me from viewing the message in RTF. Note that when I look at the source of the message, I see the two parts: Plain Text and HTML - no RTF to be found. It is as if the exchange server is converting the message somehow. Everyone here uses the same...

Help on averaging a list
Hi experts, This is for calculation of bowling averages. There is a variable length list of numbers in a row (score history of a bowler, new scores appended to the end). What are the functions to find: 1. the average of the last 21 numbers 2. Filter the scores that were above 150, then calculate the average of the last 21 of the filtered list Million thanks!! lento@netfront.net --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net Complaints to news@netfront.net If your scores are in column A then: =AVERAGE(OFFSET(A1,MATCH(2,1/(A1:A65535<>0))-1,,-21)) This is an array formula and m...

how to send and receive mails through vb code
Hi I want to send and receive mails, attachments through vb code. And i want one more information.How to import sheet1 -> particular row in excel file from vb and save some information in sheet 2 in same file. if anyone knows kindly mail me. very urgent thanks in advance Nithya <nithya.2k5@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162400155.935561.124860@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi I want to send and receive mails, attachments through vb code. > And i want one more information.How to import sheet1 -> particular row > in excel file from vb and save some information...

ADP Parameterized list box query
All: I am trying to populate a list box with a table-valued function or a stored procedure. The list box is used to navigate among records that populate the form, so the same query can be used for the form and the list box thereby, theoretically, reducing calls to the DB. The records are filtered on two fields, we'll call them type (GUID) and name (nvarchar), whereby the values are in two different controls on the form. The form is using a function, fActiveCompanies, and the imput parameter propety is completed. The form is able to navigate through the records with no problem. ...

Distribution lists no longer working
Hey folks any input appreciated here... 2 Exch2K3 servers in 1 administrative group. Mailboxes and distribution lists for users in office two were recently migrated from 1 server to the other. Since then users on server1 can no longer send to distribution groups on server2 which contain users whose mailboxes reside on server2. When using Outlook 2000 (XP or 2003 as well) clicking the TO button and browsing the global address list I see the distribution groups, but when looking at the properties of the group none of the migrated groups have any members displayed in the members box on the rig...

search tasks not to-do list outlook 2007 PLEASE REPLY
every time I go to search tasks...it looks in the to-do list which I do not use. then I have to do the search again in all items. Is there a way to start searching in all items? can someone reply with just BO? I have asked 10 questions over the years and never received ONE response. I always click on NOTIFY and check my spam filter. When I login...it even says zero responses to all questions since 2008. Instead of selecting the To-Do List, select a task folder instead. Note that the To-Do List will already include your Task folder as well so it should include those re...

how to change list view item's height?
I want to change class CListCtrl 's feature. My requirements include: 1. checkboxs support 2. itme icon support 2. item height can be update. 3. different items has different height 4. the item's subitem can display in more lines just like this O subitem1 subitem2 subitem3 ----- subitem1 iocn| subitem2 ------ subitem3 ...... Take a look at this one and see if it can at least help you get started. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/ReportProject.asp Tom "tather" <tather@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177746886.550952....

Updating Distribution Lists
Just upgraded with a new computer from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. All Contacts and info appeared to migrate very well. Only problem now is with Distribution Lists which also migrated. But when I try "Update Now," it will not recognize the Contacts folder and wants to convert all recipients to non-Contact status. That means when I update a Contact with a new e-mail address it won't be updated in the Distribution List. I already tried. Any thoughts on how to get the list to recognize the Contacts? DL's never survive an import. You'll have to recreate them if you w...

Creating lists for Birthdays/Aniversaries
Thank you Nicole for pointing this out. I copied and modified the event view with a filter/advanced/ condition to scan Birthdays that fall in the current month. This works great. But I noticed that I cannot use 'OR' condition. Is there a way to do 'OR' conditions such as Birthdays this month or Anniversaries this month? Thank you again. V Nicole wrote: > If you want to create a contact list for Birthdays, why > don't you use the Filter option on the View menu? > > I would change the view first by selecting View/Current > View/Events. After that I wo...

MS Word file extension changed through e-mail
MS Word .docx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .doc instead. The same is true for MS Excel .xlsx changed to .xls Speak firmly to whoever set up the email system. They have not applied their updates. When the file goes through, it is being recognised as a Microsoft Word file, but the extension is being wrongly changed. Some free-mail web services have a bad habit of doing this. It's not a Word problem, the change is being made either by the sending email program or the receiving email program. Cheers On 24/02/10 2:32 PM, in article 2e082f5...

Linking Custom Tabs to Pick List/Pull Down Menu
Hello all! 1) I have made a custom Tab called 'End User' on my Account form. 2) In the General Tab the 'relationship type' field is a Pick List/Pull Down Menu. I would like my custom tab 'End User' to only be visible when a specific selection from the 'relationship type' field is made. So, when some one makes the relationship type in the general tab of an account equal to value 'x' (in this case the value is called 'end user')... only then do I want this custom tab to be visible. Is this kind of link possible? Thanks!! Eric ...

replys not appearing in sender folder
Hello everyone. I currently open and monitor an additional email which is our customer feedback email account (exchange2000) under my Outlook 2002. when i reply to emails sent to this inbox the replys do not appear in the sent folder. but when i reply to an email in my own inbox the reply appears in my inbox. Can someone help understand why this may be happening. Thanks. Z Which Sent Items folder the one from the Inbox that you are replying from or your mailbox sent items "Z" <kenm@ilfo.com> wrote in message news:59a201c3e51e$a3cd82c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello ...

exchange not sending outbound mail
Hello, We have reciently changed isp's and are having a problem with outbound mail. We host our own mail server with exchange 2000, our isp routes all mail to our server. The inbound mail works fine. I think it has something to do with the dns settings. I have re-ran the internet connection wizard setting the new dns servers. What else should I look at for this problem? Thanks -- Ray Joslyn ETG Inc. To reply via email remove NOSPAM and replace with rjoslyn Fixed this problem by using the internal server address as the dns servers in the tcp/ip dns settings. Then I made sure that...

Handling Inbound Mail
I apologize for being a neophyte but I've never messed with scripts & Exchange. Basically I'm curious what the end result of this combination of commands/scripts will accomplish and how I can roll it back *immediately* if there's a problem. I'm trying to figure out what line 2/3 of the initial CMD file are doing and can't find much info on /setprop and /delprop. What are line 2 and 3 doing? I have the Smtpreg.vbs file in this directory also, that's a direct lift from Microsoft's and doesn't require any changes apparently. At the end of the day, I...