I don't have a "drop down" arrow to choose an email

I have Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) Corporate or Workgroup

I have 4 email addresses that I want to use.

When sending an email, how do I have the opportunity to choose which account it is from?

I don't have a drop down arrow, nor a "send email using" option..

HELP!

0
anonymous (74717)

If I recall correctly those options don't exist in Outlook 2000.  Can you
upgrade to a newer version? Outlook XP (2002) and 2003 both include a "Send
Using" capability that is quite good.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Outlook..Bleek!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) Corporate or Workgroup
>
> I have 4 email addresses that I want to use.
>
> When sending an email, how do I have the opportunity to choose which
account it is from?

> I don't have a drop down arrow, nor a "send email using" option..
>
> HELP!

0
mvp1 (459)
12/16/2003 7:23:13 PM
Outlook 2000 in Internet Mail Only mode has the option, not Corporate or
Workgroup mode.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Outlook..Bleek! <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| I have Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) Corporate or Workgroup
|
| I have 4 email addresses that I want to use.
|
| When sending an email, how do I have the opportunity to choose which
| account it is from?
|
| I don't have a drop down arrow, nor a "send email using" option..
|
| HELP!

0
MillyS1 (1480)
12/16/2003 10:26:19 PM
Ah, that explains why I've never seen it.  All of our OL2000 boxes are in
C/W mode.

--

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Outlook 2000 in Internet Mail Only mode has the option, not Corporate or
> Workgroup mode.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
> Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
> reading.
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> Outlook..Bleek! <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
>
> | I have Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) Corporate or Workgroup
> |
> | I have 4 email addresses that I want to use.
> |
> | When sending an email, how do I have the opportunity to choose which
> | account it is from?
> |
> | I don't have a drop down arrow, nor a "send email using" option..
> |
> | HELP!

0
mvp1 (459)

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Drop down list 04-23-10
How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? You can't. Perhaps you've seen the button created from a AutoFilter ot PivotTable? -- Best Regards, Luke M "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F248BA68-6874-4712-876D-CF2890DD0BF1@microsoft.com... > How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? Use a combo box from the Forms toolbar. The drop down arrow is always visible. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Odd Drop Down Box Behavior
I have a drop down box on a spreadsheet in a workbook with several spreadsheets. For some reason the contents of the drop down box is beeing bled through to other spreadsheets in the exact same cell reference that the drop down box is linked to, replacing what may be in that cell. It happens randomly yet often, and I have not been able to discern any patterrn or catalyst. The contents and cell formatting are being transfered. It also happens on other spreadsheets using the drop down box. This is an Active-X box, not a forms box, using Excel 2007. Anybody seen this? Squeaky...

ComboBox drop up instead drop down
Hello Clicking on the Combobox right box it show by default an SelectionWnd BELOW the combobox, but I want it show ABOVE the Combobox. How can I achieve this? Thanks. Tom AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that the listbox will go offscreen. --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147880303.638355.7200@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that > the listbox will go offscreen. > Couldn't you subclass the listbox and somehow reposition it w...

Drop down calendar menus disappear
This is a bizarre problem which I thought must be due to some sort of corruption on my hard drive. However, using Google to check back on this group and the other outlook group I've seen the same problem noted six times over the past couple of years, from users of both Outlook 2002 and 2003. I use 2003 and I don't recall that I had the problem with 2002. I run Win XP Pro. The problem: This occurs when I try to enter dates in the calendar, task list or birthdays section (contacts). You try to select a date to enter a task, or enter a date for someone's birthday - you click on the ...

Drop Down Menu #2
In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date which will be seen in the cell. Would you like to something similar in Excel? See Ron de Bruin's site for instructions on using a Calendar Control on a worksheet. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Also note the section for calling the calendar from a Toolbar button. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:24:15 -0700, Marlas <Marlas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word I'm able to attach a c...

Drop Down box #10
I have a drop down box with the first cell in the list I left blank. I woulod like to set up a button that would reset the drop down button to a blank. What would the code be. Thank You -- Gary Baker It would depend on what you used to create that dropdown--and where you'd place that code would depend on the type of button you used. If you used Data|validation, then... worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").clearcontents or worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value = "" If you used a dropdown from the Forms toolbar, then... Worksheets("sh...

Nesting drop down lists? (Excel 2007)
Can you make a drop down list appear within your original drop down list? I have a list of items: box, ball, aplle, scissors, stalper. (for example) and I want to be able to select from different lists depending on which number I am choosing. For Example, if I selected stapler I would have a choice of 1, 2 or 3 staplers. However if I chose apple I would be chosing between red, yellow, or green. And so, on. I would need to link and nest the lists somehow. Is this possible? How do I go about doing this? See this: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Biff Microsof...

Form drop down
I have the following: Tables: CTC Projects Forms: CTC Project Details I want some information to populate into the CTC form from the Project Details form or table (based on the project # field) and do some data entry into the blank controls. The CTC form will have about different records for the one project. How do I go about doing this, I have tried different ways, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. I know it's probably something I am missing. Gary, I don't think anyone can give a specific answer without more details of the fields in the tables and the relatio...

How do I display drop down arrows for a completed drop down field?
I want it to display when the document is being completed by other users.. ...

drop down button
I have to create a drop down option to elect options in a list. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi monica easiest way is to use data validation select cell(s) where you want the drop down button to appear choose data / validation under the settings tab choose list in the white box, type your list separated by commas click the Ok button instead of typing a list if you've got the list already in the excel workbook you can link to it - Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on her website about this and other fun things http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Cheers JulieD "Monica&qu...

Drop down. *EASY* question!
BlankHiya everyone :) I was just wondering if anybody could explain something reeeeally easy for me? In Excel, I would like a two drop-down features in my columns of my spreadsheet. The first one (columnE) with the options 'yes' or 'no'. The second one (columnD) with a list of names, eg. Anthony Peter Mark Jonathan Thankyou for ANY help you can give me! -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" Data>Validation, choose a type of list, and then just type the values comma separated. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from...

Drop Down List #6
How can I create a drop down list in a field? For example, I would like to be able to click on Field A1 and a drop down list pop up asking me what preselected information I would like to select, like (name, date, time, etc)? Data>Validation>List. For more information and instructions on how to set this up, see Debra's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:23:42 -0800, Matt <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I create a drop down list in a field? For example, I would like to be >able to c...

Using Symbols (&/-) in In Two Dependent Drop Down Boxes. Can't get the VLOOKUP to work!!!
Hey all, I have a category list of products and then a list of brand names for each product. So, I set up a series of drop down boxes (using Data Validation) for the categories and then a second series dependent which category you pick in the first, for the brand names. HERE IS MY PROBLEM: When I set up the category list I had to create them as One-Word-Names. I tried to set up a lookup table with the real category names (multiple words and symbols), but I can't seem to get the first drop down box to reference the lookup without then screwing up the Data Validation of the second (depende...

Drop down changes
Hi all, Im using multiple combo boxes but have a problem. When i save th document and re-open, the data in the linked cell is correct but th window in the combobox states a different item. I would like this t remain the same so when a user goes in, they can see what has bee selected. Any ideas? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Auto_open in a module. sub Auto_Open() activecell.offset(0,0).select frmMain.Combo1.text=activecell.offset(0,0).value Load frmMain frmMain.show end sub >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >Im using multiple combo boxes but ha...

Drop Down Lists 2007
I have followed all the steps in creating a drop down list in Excel 2007: Created Named list on seperate sheet goto the sheet that the drop down will be on and select the appropriate cell Data > Data Validation > Allow:List > Source: =BlahList > Click "OK" ....And then, I get this message every time: "The list source must be a delimited list, or a reference to single row or column." So. What am I doing wrong? Ive been to Youtube, and read numerous articles on here about "Drop Down Lists" and still am having an issue with this one ...

Drop Down List in Excel
Hello, I need to analyse survey data in excel. I can make a drop down list in Excel, via Validation, and get the option to enter one choice. However, one question asks respondents to select "all" that apply. I do not know how to do this, there are anything from one to six selections. The ideal choice would be to be able to selct more than one rather than have to enter each choice as a new column. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks maybe this would work, if your dropdown menu is in A1 and the formula is in B1 =IF(A1="a",1,IF(A1="B",2,IF(A1="...

drop down list showing only 1 of everything
Hi everyone, basically on one sheet( called data) i have a list of all the data, the first column is the date. On a separate sheet i want to have a drop down list in the cell (A1 for example). however i want the drop down list to show only 1 of each date that was in column A of the data sheet. for example say column A had the folowing dates: 1/1/04 ; 2/1/04 ; 2/1/04 ; 3/1/04 ; 4/1/04 ; 4/1/04 the drop down list on sheet 2 would show the values: 1/1/04 ; 2/1/04 ; 3/4/04 ; 4/4/04 i need some help in doing this and would appreciate any ideas. thank you.... Hi do you need this formul...

can i delete a heading recent document drop down file
how can i delete a heading from recent documents drop downfile in excel i have deleted the contents of page but the heading remains in dropdown list in xp its easy but i am new to vista and can't do can anybody help? If you have not changed the Excel version then the method should not change between XP and VISTA. Pl. share the Excel version and the method you followed earlier to clear the list. In Windows XP the MRU (Most Recently Used) list, for Excel 2007, is stored in the Windows Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\File MRU CAUTION: PLAYING WITH ...

Drop down list & reference cells...
Three questions: If I create a spreadsheet with two values, say item and time (to complete task), can I set a cell in another spreadsheet, same workbook, to pick from the item column? Now, if that is possible... how can I set it up so that when I pick an item the time cell is updated with the time for the item picked. For example: I select, Daily Checklist, and the field to the right is updated based on the value in the spreadsheet I mentioned above. Make sense...??? Finally, Is it possible display a list of those where are not selected, so I have have a "remaining" items list...

Read only access based on drop down box....
Hello. I have a table Calls in our contacts database. The table contains the following fields: CallDateTime (txtbox) CallType (combobox) Initials (txtbox): I have two departments that want to use the same Contacts database. However, each department wants to enter Calls in the calls table and have read only access to the other departments data in the table based on a drop down value in one of the fields. Each department has their own CallTypes that they are responsible for. Is it possible to have them enter in the same subform but have write and read access to the call types they are s...

drop down list #12
I am trying to figure out how to use a drop down list to make a quote sheet. I have a list of items that have details such as price and size. What i want to happen is for me to pick the name of the item from a drop down list and have the other cells with the price and size to fill into their assigned cell. any suggestions? Use VLOOKUP formulas in the the price and size columns. For more on that Function see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html Also see Debra's site for info on Data Validation lists with drop-down box for entering the custom...