I cannot read the words

There are lines running through the words and sentences in my text email.
How can I get rid of these ?  Thanks so much.    susan

Sounds like you are using a strikeout font.  look in tools, options, mail
format, stationery and fonts - if its not set there -  What version of
Outlook?
Is it in all mail or only plain text (or HTML)?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Suzanann" <Suzanann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are lines running through the words and sentences in my text email.
> How can I get rid of these ?  Thanks so much.    susan

0
Diane

Read newsgroups
Hello, is there a way to read and post articles (with attachments) from within VB.net (framework 3.5). Just don't know where to start with this!!! Some sample code would come handy. Thanks in advance! To be complete: I mean articles in newsgroups! * Q wrote, On 20-1-2010 22:32: > Hello, > > is there a way to read and post articles (with attachments) from within > VB.net (framework 3.5). > > Just don't know where to start with this!!! > > Some sample code would come handy. > > Thanks in advance! It's not supported by de...

Outlook 2003 Reading Pane
Is there a way to rearrange how the From, To, Subject header fields are displayed in the Reading Pane? Can the font size for these headers be changed even? I have just migrated from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 and find that the headers in the Reading Pane takes up quite a bit of room on the screen, where as OE is a simple 2-liner headers with the From and To fields on the 1st line and Subject on the 2nd. Any help is appreciated, thanks! Twinkyz You can actually remove them completely if you'd like. Just right click in the small dark gray border round the reading pane and choose ...

excel vs word
i am applying for a job that desires excel knowledge, yet i have microsoft word on my computer. do you think i would know enough about the programs to qualify for the job? what is the difference in excel and word? thanks "dee" wrote > i am applying for a job that desires excel knowledge, yet > i have microsoft word on my computer. do you think i > would know enough about the programs to qualify for the > job? what is the difference in excel and word? thanks No. That's like trying to compare the skills needed to operate dragster and an 18-wheeler. Two com...

Weed out words...part 2
In Excel I am using data/filter/autofilter to filter my long list o words, one per row...trouble is in my Excel the columns are only 60,00 rows deep, and my word list is 1,500,000, This means I have to break m list into 26 seperate lists. This makes filtering ver laborious....Filtering works on only one column at a time, so I can' put many columns on one sheet....Any ideas please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I wouldn't use Excel for this. You may consider using for example a database (e.g. MS Access) for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "s...

How do i search a spreadsheet without a full word?
Ok i couldn't think how to word that in to a question very well (it early and i need a smoke).. Say i column 1 has several names, i wanna find the name of someon called.. erm i dunno.. 'Dave'.. my search feature i have present mean i have to type 'Dave' to find 'Dave', but what about 'David'? I jus wanna beable to type 'Dav' and find all the 'daves' and 'davids'. tryed recording a macro of myself doing the good ol' excel searc (ctrl+f). Now that worked a charm.. except when it doesn't fin anything and i get the error "O...

very basic MS access 2007 (button click no read issue)
I added 2 text fields and a button to a form in MS access 2007. and i went to the code builder and tried to add values to the text fields . ex: textBox1.text = "name" i coded this to the button click event.. but some times after i get an error.. the button click property never works... so i have to create a new form and redo it. can some one tell me why this is hapenning , and tell me a way to prevent this.. In Access, you can only use the text property if the control has the focus. Instead, try: textbox1 = "Name" or textbox1.Value = "...

(XML) HTTP(S) in the Auto-lead Data READING using ASP / XML
Hi Here is the STEPS/METHOD my service provider sends the calling customer numbers captured : Export Method - HTTP 1. The partner provides Who’s Calling with a URL address to direct the data t the partner 2. Call Sync exports the call record data (XML) HTTP(S) in the Auto-lead Dat Format (ADF) 1.0 3. The partner system receives the data at the desired URL 4. The partner responds with an acknowledgement back to Call Sync. Th following is an example of an acknowledgement <result> success! </result 5. The partner URL also accepts a variable called ping in the query string an responds w...

How to make a tab read only
Hello Guys, I know how to make tabs diabled, but how do I make it read only? I"m assuming that you are looking at making all the fields on the tab read-only? If that's the case you can do that within the UI. Just open the Form in the Customization section of CRM, then open each field on the form and check the Read-Only checkbox. You can also do this with JavaScript in the Form's OnLoad() event. "e" wrote: > Hello Guys, > > I know how to make tabs diabled, but how do I make it read only? ...

Word 2008: fonts gone missing (Help!)
Hi everyone, I've just installed Office 2008. After launching Word I noticed that some of my fonts are missing in Word. I checked the fonts in my library (with Fontbook) and they were all there. Also in other apps, the fonts are still selectable. So it seems that all my fonts are still on my mac, but Word just doesn't show all of them in the drop down menu. Now the weird part: When I type in the name of one of these 'missing' fonts in the drop down menu, Word does find it and even lets me use it. Does any of you have an idea of how I can convince Word to show all fonts ...

How to read HTML "PARAM" value from Active X control
I am now writing VB6 Active X control that need to read back dynamic settings from HTML page PARAM like following: <OBJECT ID="UserControl1" classid="clsid:8D448F66-8D94-45FA-B31E-8096D82EE64F" <PARAM NAME="HOSTNAME" VALUE="www.hostname.com"> </OBJECT> How can I read back the HOSTNAME value from my vb6 code ? Thanks in advance. Rgds, Kenneth. ...

Which is better: Word or Outlook to send email? Read on...
There seems to be a difference in image quality when I get emails that were sent directly from Word as opposed to using Outlook to do an "Insert" "Picture". I've heard that Word changes the format of .jpg and .gif images once they are inserted in Word, and that is the reason. Anyone have any ideas on this? Is it generally just better to stick with Outlook when you want to send an HTML email instead of using Word. thx! Scotty I don't know about either method *looking* better or not. I do know that I see far more problems with email regarding using Word ...

Medical symbols to use with Word 2003?
Is there somewhere I can find Medical Symbols that I can download that will be compatible with Word 2003? Medical symbols (such as the caduceus?) or medical acronyms? For acronyms you could use AutoText. For the symbols, how about a clip art search? I think you can save the clip art in AutoText as well. -- Alice. "Lindas" wrote: > Is there somewhere I can find Medical Symbols that I can download that will > be compatible with Word 2003? In news:DEFC3AE3-A5AD-4AFB-9C89-1E6A7A635D59@microsoft.com, Lindas <Lindas@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: ...

Show only required data and transfer to MS Word
I have a spreadsheet that shows some materials we use in our company The first column shows a description of the material, the second colum shows the catalogue number of the material and the third column is lef open for the user to enter in the required quantity. I have attached to the spreadsheet a command button but I need som help with the VB coding. What I'd like to do is have the user enter th required quantities in the 3rd column and then click on this comman button which would then only show the rows that have had quantitie entered. If I could get this done it would be sufficient...

how can I import excel data to word document
I need to import a file from excel spreadsheet to word format kindy advice me on this thanks and regards powersree Copy and paste, copy and paste special as picture, open a copy of the file in word, post the question in a word newsgroup? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "powersree" <powersree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:357CA013-6D63-4EF7-9C3A-FE991C550AC7@microsoft.com... > I need to import a file from excel spreadsheet to word format kindy advice > me on this > > thanks and regards > > powersree ...

Can't set Word as email editor in Outlook 2003
I'm recovering from a system crash and am having trouble getting Outlook 2003 working correctly again. I want to use Word 2003 as my email editor, but when I go to: Tools, Options, Mail Format the boxes for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages" and "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to resd Rich Text e-mail messages" are grayed out. I did a complete Windows Professional reinstallation and added all SPs and patches.Windows Update says I am 100% up to date. I did the same thing with Microsoft Office Professional 2003, everything is current. I used to...

Adding a chart to a Word template linked to an Excel doc.
Hi. I have a template in Word that I run a report on from an excel spreadsheet using mail merge. I need to add a chart to view a 12-week progress on the template, but I can't seem to make this work. When I enter a chart, it does not let me link to my spreadsheet. Even if I enter the excel chart, it does not let me link to my spreadsheet. I have 130 records to update, so I would think the mail merge is what I want to be using. Help!! Thanks, Bobbie ...

Can not Read Excel files
Hi, I am writing for my boss having trouble. She has a relatively new computer, Windows XP, and has Quattro Pro installed. However, she is working on group projects with people who have Excel and she can not read any of their files. I suggested the free viewer download from Microsoft but it doesn't seem to be supported by Windows XP. Any ideas? Thanks!! It is supported and works well "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352f01c4293e$94c90650$a501280a@phx.gbl... : Hi, I am writing for my boss having trouble. She has a : relatively...

Reading data from cells on a worksheet into a textbox
How do you read data from cells on a worksheet into a textbox on a data entry form? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ something like :- mystring = ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value Me.TextBox1.Text = mystring ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Link a form field in a Word document to populate an excel spreads
i'm trying to populate a cell in an excel spreadsheet with a form field in a word document. is this possible? ...

Change everybody's preview pane setting to mark as read
I keep getting read receipts which say "messages was deleted without being read" because some people in my organisation use the preview pane. The procedure to turn in the option which will "mark items as read when viewed using preview pane" will solve all this. My question is : Is there a way to turn this "mark as read..." setting on globally for every Outlook user in my organisation? (I've seen a command line switch the will take away the preview pane altogether but I don't want to do that, maybe something similar exists that will solve my pro...

Unread messages showing as "read"
We are having trouble at our office with emails coming in and automatically going to "read" status. The "Mark all as read" option is not checked and we can not figure out why this might be happening. Any ideas? -- JosephG "JosephG" <JosephG.3f50832@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:JosephG.3f50832@outlookbanter.com... > We are having trouble at our office with emails coming in and > automatically going to "read" status. The "Mark all as read" option is > not checked and we can not figure out why this might be happ...

Maximum word length 03-30-10
What is the maximum number of words I can have in a MS Word document (2007)? Does the Word function suffer when its size rises above a certain word length? If so, what is the limit under which I can use the Word without a problem associated with the size? Thanks. Supposedly you can have 32 Mb of text (not graphics etc.) in one file. You can't even _count_ how many words that would be! On Mar 30, 3:45=A0pm, Clarendon <Claren...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the maximum number of words I can have in a MS Word document (200= 7)? > Does the Wo...

How do I read Pocket Excel files from Excel
Just got an Ipaq and trying to use ActiveSync to synchronise speadsheet files between that and my desktop. Unfortunately, when I update the file using Pocket Excel on the Ipaq, it is converted to .pxl format, which the desktop version of Excel (2000) won't read! How do I get round this one? ...

counter problem(you really want to read this)
i have a workbook that contains two sheets. Sheet one contains a list of names. Each name references an information sheet for that name. I wish to collect data for each name for a specified number of days "x". When that number of days is met, then I wish to click on a button on the toolbar to delete some number "x" of days of data from 1 - "x" including "x". I wish to do this to make the data more current hence meaningful ...

when did i read an email???
is there a way to findout when I read a particular email. I know I can view the header to see when it was sent/received. Is there anyway to learn when (date/time) of when I actually click on it and (changed it to read)????? This is huge, I really hope that someone can help me. (Microsoft Outlook) _Bigred Hi! It is easy: in the messages list, click to the flag twice (flag will red after the first click, and flag will "complete" after second click). After that, in the message view you'll see below the "From" and above the "To" field: ===== Follow up C...