I cannot find the file path for outlook inbox

My outlook is having a problem as it does not respond
once I get the initial screen.  I wanted to reinstall,
but I need to backup my inbox.  Since I cannot do
anything in outlook, I cannot find out what the path is
for the inbox.  I have tried to search for various file
names in file explorer, but have not been successful.
Thanks for anyone who can help.
0
anonymous (74719)

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:43:29 -0700, "O.S."

>My outlook is having a problem as it does not respond
>once I get the initial screen.  I wanted to reinstall,
>but I need to backup my inbox.  Since I cannot do
>anything in outlook, I cannot find out what the path is
>for the inbox.  I have tried to search for various file
>names in file explorer, but have not been successful.
>Thanks for anyone who can help.

After making certain that you can view hidden files, search for a file with
a .pst extension. That file contains all of your Outlook data and is the one
that you need to back up.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>

Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
News Client (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0   www.forteinc.com
News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.2   www.newsrover.com

O.S. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> My outlook is having a problem as it does not respond
> once I get the initial screen.  I wanted to reinstall,
> but I need to backup my inbox.  Since I cannot do
> anything in outlook, I cannot find out what the path is
> for the inbox.  I have tried to search for various file
> names in file explorer, but have not been successful.
> Thanks for anyone who can help.

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm tells you where to find the
various Outlook files.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

'the operation failed' error window in outlook 2003?
Every time when I open Outlook I get an error message 'the operation failed' that goes away after a second but the progam does not open either. I have to click on the icon a second time and the program opens right away. I have all the latest updates including servicepack 2 Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every time when I open Outlook I get an error message 'the operation > failed' that goes away after a second but the progam does not open > either. I have to click on the i...

Find Duplicate names and delate

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Installation files
I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Kirill wrote: >I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial >version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. >Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. You can download and install the Money 2006 trial version. When Money uses a file with ...

Publisher cuts off text from word file that I am pasting into tex.
What does "Type your message here" mean to you? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Let me guess the question... You paste Word text into a Publisher text box and it doesn't fit. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DeborahKB" <DeborahKB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F29CD723-545B-4A7C-8ACA-DD5092DCE101@microsoft.com... > Ooooooooh, Mary...

Exporting to a text file
How to export an Access query to a text file without the column heading? The query consists of single column and is used to import to an accounting system. Thanks. Cannot be done with the built-in TransferText action / method. You'd need to open a text file via VBA code and write the query's records (one at a time) into that file. If interested, post back and I'll provide some sample code. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:O$MxJCPlHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to export an Access quer...

default setting of zoom slider in Outlook 2010
Love the new Outlook, but for some reason my default reading pane zoom slider setting is now at 170%. While I can change back to 100% to read message, each new message reverts back to 170%. Where can I change that globally? Thanks. JIM in Fla I would LOVE to figure this one out too! It's either 170% or 210 %, and I set it and it keeps resetting! Found the solution: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/office2010/thread/f8e2b566-593a-4ebf-833a-f7ae95d48bd9. You have to start a new mail message and changed the zoom in it to whatever zoom level you want to be the default (1...

outlook error: entry point ont found
hello i am having problems with outlook ( im running xp pro ) when i try to run outlook i get this error message: Microsoft outlook. outlook EXE entry point not found. the procedure entry point getiUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library. ive uninstalled /installed again ,but to no avail. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou very much . Regards georgie ...

Outlook Web Access #2
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Outlook Web Access installed on the Member Windows NT 4.0 Server. If the regular domain user logs in to Outlook Web Access he can see a list of mail messages but when he opens any of them they look like empty, but actually they are not. If user the member of Administrators Group logs in to the Outlook Web Access he is fine. What should I change? ...

Help! Outlook 2002 Stopped Receiving Email
I have Windows XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2002 SP3, andf MSN/Qwest Email (Hotmail). Am in the process of moving everything to my laptop so that I can put desktop in the shop. Yesterday I activated Outlook 2002 on my laptop as my primary email software. Everything downloaded and syncronized perfectly, including calendar, contacts, etc. Today I noticed that I have not received email updates since 1:30 PM yesterday. I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything that precludes the updating on the laptop. The desktop is still current on updates. Can anyone please help? So mail is down...

Excel files reporting read only
I have an issue where a user I provide support for is being told that a file that has not been opened for a couple of months is reporting as being locked for editing by the last user to save the file (in some cases these users no longer exist on our network). When you check the open files on the server, these files are not showing as open. If teh user clicks to close, and then immediatley re-opens the file it opens as normal. There are no temporary files in the folder that the files are located in and I have cleared the temp folders on the client and on the server. The user has full control...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Outlook 2000 just upgraded from outlook express
I have just upgraded from outlook express to outlook 2000. The problem I'm having is that I cannot get by accounts to send and receive. I am able to connect to the internet via my dial up connection and surf the web, but the email send and receive will not work. An error message is displayed 'The server could not be found. (Account: ' Sympatico', POP3 Server: 'pop1.ns.sympatico.ca', Error Number 0x800ccc0d). I have checked with Sympatico and the settings are correct on my account. Any help would be appreciated. >-----Original Message----- >I have just upgra...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Problem in installing file system driver
Hi, I am not able to install my .sys file filter driver.I have written .inf file and while installing this inf file its not giving any error also.Plz help me in solving this. my file filter driver file name is : *****************Here is My .inf file ******************************* [Version] Signature="$Chicago$" Class=MyDriver ClassGuid={286E934F-962E-4e1c-9729-1F65205A094F} Provider=%ADITI% DriverVer=01/22/2004,1.11.1111 [ClassInstall32] Addreg=MyDriverReg [MyDriverReg] HKR,,,,%DisplayClassName% HKR,,Icon,,"-5" [Manufacturer] %ADITI%="Aditi" [SourceDisk...

Find (but not find)

where to write temporary files?
hello experts, I am developing a software and I need to create a couple of temp files when the program is running. I need a piece of advice regarding the best place to put them: - Windows\temp directory - User directory - Program directory - ?? Needless to say, the directory must exist and the user must have the appropriate permissions. What are the good practices regarding this question ? Thanks Phil On Mon, 5 May 2008 08:43:18 -0700 (PDT), Phil <pbruyant@yahoo.com> wrote: >hello experts, >I am developing a software and I need to create a couple of temp files >when >the pr...

link .pub files
I have produced a series of .pub files [Publisher 2003] for a book - each has illustrations, footnotes etc as separate text or picture boxes. I now want to put all the chapters into a new .pub file so that I can take the complete book to a printer - but I can't find a way to do this! Best 'fix' so far has been to save each chapter as a Word file and import that into a new .pub file. But that does not deal with the pictures, which all have to be re-inserted in the precisely correct position. there MUST be a better way! Or is it another problem with Publisher, like the inabi...

Finding an event

How do I load Outlook if I didn't select it when I loaded Outlook
I put office on my laptop but (among other programs like Power Point) I didn't select it when I was loading it up (didnt think I would ever use it).... well.... now I have a Blackberry and need Outlook so I can sync it.... help? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office | Add or Remove Features.... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies h...

Looking for a basic "duplicate file name finder" app.
Does anyone use a free duplicate file finder that they like? I know there are lots out there but when I went to download.com and searched, I got 800 hits. When I tried the "most popular" according to it's ratings, they turned out to be trial-ware. The most popular tool seems to do everything *but* find duplicate filenames. It wanted to "clean up my system". Thanks. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail http://www.softpedia.com/get/S...