I can't reinstall the Personal Folders Backup

M=E9xico DF January 11 of 2003

After I reinstall Office 2003 Professional I can't=20
install the  Outlook 2003 add-in: PERSONAL FOLDERS BACKUP.

I download the installer plbackup and when I start I see=20
setup has detect that you already have a version of=20
Personal Folders Backup installed on the machine. Before=20
this download can be installed you must uninstall the=20
previous version, to uninstall please answer YES to the=20
next question.

Are you sure you want to uninstall the product?

I answer YES

I see this action is only valid for products that are=20
installed.

SETUP ERROR

To install this download, please uninstall the previous=20
version of Personal Folders Backup using add/Remove=20
Program in the Control Panel.

I CAN'T FIND PERSONAL FOLDERS IN THE ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM=20
IN THE CONTROL PANEL.

Please help how can I uninstall previous version?

0
anonymous (74717)

Outlook 2002: You Cannot Install the Personal Folders Backup Add-in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810932&Product=ol2002

This also applies to Outlook 2003.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Moises Weinstock
asked:

| M�xico DF January 11 of 2003
|
| After I reinstall Office 2003 Professional I can't
| install the  Outlook 2003 add-in: PERSONAL FOLDERS BACKUP.
|
| I download the installer plbackup and when I start I see
| setup has detect that you already have a version of
| Personal Folders Backup installed on the machine. Before
| this download can be installed you must uninstall the
| previous version, to uninstall please answer YES to the
| next question.
|

| Are you sure you want to uninstall the product?
|
| I answer YES
|
| I see this action is only valid for products that are
| installed.
|
| SETUP ERROR
|
| To install this download, please uninstall the previous
| version of Personal Folders Backup using add/Remove
| Program in the Control Panel.
|
| I CAN'T FIND PERSONAL FOLDERS IN THE ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM
| IN THE CONTROL PANEL.
|
| Please help how can I uninstall previous version?

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/11/2004 9:23:03 PM
Go to the control panel, mail or mail/fax, show profiles, properties, data
file, and then click remove. Now try adding your personal folder.
If doesn't work, then re-create your email profile and make sure you know
where you have personal folder is. Good Luck

"Moises Weinstock" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
M�xico DF January 11 of 2003

[...]

Thanks Nilly works perfect
Backup Add-in
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-
us;810932&Product=3Dol2002

>This also applies to Outlook 2003.
>

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account=20
will be deleted
>without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Moises Weinstock
>asked:
>
>| M=E9xico DF January 11 of 2003
>|
>| After I reinstall Office 2003 Professional I can't
>| install the  Outlook 2003 add-in: PERSONAL FOLDERS=20
BACKUP.

>| I download the installer plbackup and when I start I=20
see
>| setup has detect that you already have a version of
>| Personal Folders Backup installed on the machine.=20
Before
>| this download can be installed you must uninstall the
>| previous version, to uninstall please answer YES to the
>| next question.
>|

>| Are you sure you want to uninstall the product?
>|
>| I answer YES
>|
>| I see this action is only valid for products that are
>| installed.
>|
>| SETUP ERROR
>|
>| To install this download, please uninstall the previous
>| version of Personal Folders Backup using add/Remove
>| Program in the Control Panel.
>|
>| I CAN'T FIND PERSONAL FOLDERS IN THE ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM
>| IN THE CONTROL PANEL.
>|
>| Please help how can I uninstall previous version?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74717)

I can't reinstall the Personal Folders Backup
M=E9xico DF January 11 of 2003 After I reinstall Office 2003 Professional I can't=20 install the Outlook 2003 add-in: PERSONAL FOLDERS BACKUP. I download the installer plbackup and when I start I see=20 setup has detect that you already have a version of=20 Personal Folders Backup installed on the machine. Before=20 this download can be installed you must uninstall the=20 previous version, to uninstall please answer YES to the=20 next question. Are you sure you want to uninstall the product? I answer YES I see this action is only valid for products that are=20 installed. SETUP ERRO...

How to delete personal folders
Hi, I have personal folders configured. The PST files of the folder was delete intentionally. Now from within Outlook2003 (SP1 6353), I cannot remove the personal folders. When trying to click on I am getting: "The set of folders cannot be opened" - error I know that the PST files are missing, I need to remove the folders. Help will be most appreciate. Right click it and choose Close or go to File-> Data File Management... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 --...

Reinstall " framedyn.dll "
I've been to Google for this but I still have not had any success . Might there be a solution without paying for this supposed fix ? I'm running XP SP3 , OE 6 . TIA , D. "Application Has Failed to Start Because Framedyn.dll Was Not Found" Error Message When You Open the System Properties Dialog Box http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114 D. wrote: > I've been to Google for this but > I still have not had any success . > Might there be a solution without > paying for this supposed fix ?...

ndr's to public folders
Hi Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 we have a public folder that is used to house all the ndr's and replies to a generic email address. The users go through the NDR's and try to correct the email address to resend. Since moving to 2k3 the ndrs are deleted and event 2028 is logged on the server. It seems this is by design. Can anyone provide any background why these are deleted and if there is a workaround? Thanks Elroy23 Have you called PSS for the hotfix mentioned in the kba? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ------------------------------...

Outlook 2007 & Public Folders
Hello: I have Outlook 2007 running against an Exchange 2003 server. All clients use RPC over HTTPS for access. We have a few Public Folders setup. We can access them but the frequently disappear from the list of items along the left side (under Mail Folders). The only way to then access them is via the Go menu. Is there a way to get them to stay there? Thanks. Public Folders do not show when using the MAIL view. Your clients need to use the FOLDER LIST view to see them. Nikki Peterson "MS Poster" <spamaway@nospam.com> wrote in message news:b3173d7168078ca1cd47ba8a8...

IMF
We had a problem with IIS which meant we had to remove and reinstall it. Since we have it back up and running IMF seems to no longer work. when trying to reinstall sp2 for exchange 2003 it is saying a previous version of imf exists. This is definatley not IMF v1 as we have had SP2 installed for a while and no problems. Any ideas how i can workaround this problem? Just as a side note OWA has also stopped working, when inputting your username and password you get a message saying: "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden". Not sure if they are related as of yet. Cheers in advance for any he...

Public folder permissions #17
Greetings, I have SBS2003, and have set up a contact list as a sub folder of a public folder. I have assigned owner (client) permissions for a group. When logged on as a member of that group, I can add/change/delete new contacts and contacts that I have created, but cannot edit or delete contacts created by someone else in the same group. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance, Tim Hello, take a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=274046 HTH Ilse "AnAmericanInDublin" wrote: > Greetings, > > I have SBS2003, and have set up a contact list as a s...

Reinstall of IE8
How can I reinstall IE8? The IE8 download site recognizes that I already have IE8. -- Bob M Hi Bob, One would ask why you want to re-install IE8. What is broken so much that you cannot fix it? Apart from that you can only re-install IE8 on XP/SP2-3 machines by first uninstalling it an reverting back to your previous IE version and then downloading and installing the latest version from the IE site. To repair IE 8 go Start>Control Panel>Internet Options - Advanced tab, click the "Reset" button. Regards. "BobM" <BobM@discussions.micros...

Search and copy files. Look up destination folder in a range
I need help in doing this: I have an excel worsheet that have columns for destination folder and corresponding file to search for. The files to be search for will have wild cards e.g *total*.*. What I want to do is create a macro that will search for call values in a range, copy the result of the search to the corresponding destination folder for example column A(files to search for) column(Destination folder) column c (source always c:\documents) *total*.* total_cost c:\documents *accounts*.* ...

Contacts folder could not be displayed
Here's what I do to re-create the error. I create a new message, then click on the 'To:' button. Then this error pops up. 'The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help.' However, the contacts are present in my contact address book. It's just I cannot select them from the "To" button. I've tried the h...

How can I reinstall my mouse by keyboard?
Windows XP Pro. SP3 My mouse stopped working for no apparent reason. Device Manager -> PS/2 Compatible Mouse Properties -> General [tab] -> Device Status says, "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." Troubleshooter says, "Uninstall and then reinstall your device." To do this I must right-click the device in Device Manager and then click Uninstall -> Confirm Device Removal -> OK. However, I c...

Can't import personal folder backup file (.pst)
Hi, I recently reinstalled XP Home edition with Office 2000 version on it. Prior to doing that i had taken the backup of my personal folder in outlook and now that when i run the personal folder exe file i get the message that the outlook 2000/2002/2003 is not installed on this system........ wot da :p i have very important info in that .pst file......can anyone help me out here plsssssss Asim What is the "personal folder exe file"? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Emails send repeatedly to the same person
Some of my emails, usually with attachments will continue to resend and stay in the Outbox continously. Over and over, hundreds of times if I don't catch it. Please help me, maybe it is a simple fix I can learn about. Are you using an antivirus that scans outgoing email? If so, disable it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mai...

Reinstall Publisher 2002
Due to drive limitations, had to install new drive. Reinstalled Windows XP/SP2 and Office XP/SP3. 1) Can I either run Publisher 2002 directly from the disc, or install on an external USB drive to conserve C drive space? or must I do a reinstall on C? 2) If I do install on C, can I later remove using Add/Remove and then later reinstall? I don't think you can completely run Publisher from the disk. I could be wrong but I think those days are pretty much gone. I don't think installing it on a removable drive will work either. Same caveat as before. If you install/uninstall/re...

No Archive appearing in folder list
I notice on one of my PC's that the archive folder doesn't appear in the folder list. Is there a way of viewing it in the folder list? Using Office 2000 and XP Home. Open the archive PST using a command on the File menu. I forget the exact path since I'm using OL2003 now. In OL2003 it's File menu > Open > Outlook Data file. It may be similiar in OL2000 "Trevor" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message news:5a47d$436499b5$50e5af86$15725@nf5.news-service.com... >I notice on one of my PC's that the archive folder doesn't app...

reinstall
need to change fiscal year set up and delete all non essential data, do I need to reinstall or there is another possibility? ...

Public Folder and TAsks
Hello all -- Is it possible to create a Public Folder of Tasks and assign them to other people in your organization? I know you can assign tasks when you create them in Outlook under your Inbox, but the "Assign" button is missing on the public folder. Thanks! ...

Deleting corrupted email/accessing same from MBX folder
Need to delete corrupt email message from user account and can't from their Outlook. Tried to go to Exchange server MBX folder and delete same from her folder but get access denied. Normal...by default you don't have rights in there, and you don't want to mess around with permissions on the M drive (pretend there IS no M drive if you value your sanity) From within Outlook or OWA, can you delete the message using SHIFT+DEL ? lois walker wrote: > Need to delete corrupt email message from user account and > can't from their Outlook. Tried to go to Exchange server >...

Coloring Folder Labels
Is there a way in Outlook 2002 or 2003 to alter the color of certain folders? Kind of like you can to with specific email, but witht the folder label as it's displayed in the Folder List view? No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:OZAwRd$8EHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in Outlook 2002 or 2003 to alter the color of certain > folders? Ki...

Why is favorites folder missing in file, open in office 2003?
I just moved to Office 2003 in a corporate environment. When I go to open a file in Office (Excel), the Favorites icon no longer appears on the left hand side. I really use that feature. Can I get it back? I can't find anyway to do it? If I can't do it, what are some alternatives for acheiving the same function? Janis File>Open. In the Look in: browse to your C:\Documents and Settings\user\ and select Favorites folder. Don't open it, just select it. Now go over and click on Tools and "Add to My Places" This can be done with any folder you wish to have on...

RMS-Import a picture should copy it to storeops/pictures folder
For products in RMS - when you browse to select a picture for that item, if the picture file is not in the storeoperations/pictures folder RMS should copy it to this folder. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Personal folder read problem
I have .pst file that is 333MB and when I add it as a data file and see what is inside it only shows 65 k with one folder. The user who had this said he came in the next day and most of the folders were gone and the folder size showed 65kb but when browse to file it is 333 MB any ideas also he said today his things in his calender is gone Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against your .PST file to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- pl...

add to personal addressbook
Outlook 2002 on exchange server -when a mail arrives with an external mailaddress I would like to add the address automatically to my contacts or personal addressbook is this possbile petra <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2002 on exchange server > -when a mail arrives with an external mailaddress I would > like to add the address automatically to my contacts or > personal addressbook Are you collecting SPAMmer addresses? What you describe is a good way to do that and who'd want to? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE,...

Folders don't automatically display when opening outlook.
Hi - one of my users folders don't automaticaly display when she opens outlook. So, she has to expand the 3 folders. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook 2003. deleted SRS and OST files. it looks the same when she logs in somewhere else. delete outlook profile? Thanks for your help Are these subfolders she created? They don't normally expand unless there is new messages delivered to the folder (and this varies with each build of outlook). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:...

Add a folder to My Computer/Files stored on my computer
I am using Windows XP Professional SP3. When I click “My computer,” there is an area titled “Files stored on my computer” that contains two folders. One is titled “Shared Documents,” the other is “My Documents,” I have three hard drives with fifteen partitions and I want to add a “Read Me” file in that area as an index to what is stored on the different hard drive partitions, but dragging and dropping a notepad file don’t work. Can some one tell me how to add another folder to that area in “My Computer.” Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. -- Linusverl ...