I can't click on new mail message.

Hi,  I am using Outlook 2007 and I can't click on the following buttons as
they seem to be disabled.  The writing on the buttons is a dull grey rather
than black.  The buttons include: New, Reply, Reply to All, Forward, The Flag
button.  There are more that are disabled but the list will bore you.  I have
checked that I am working online and have tested my account setting and the
test email came through.  I can receive emails no worries but can't obviously
do anything about them once they are in my inbox!

I am sure there is an easy explaination but I am a novice at this so please
help!?
0
Azza (4)

Is Outlook Activated, or is it an expired trial?

"Azza" <Azza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,  I am using Outlook 2007 and I can't click on the following buttons as
> they seem to be disabled.  The writing on the buttons is a dull grey
> rather
> than black.  The buttons include: New, Reply, Reply to All, Forward, The
> Flag
> button.  There are more that are disabled but the list will bore you.  I
> have
> checked that I am working online and have tested my account setting and
> the
> test email came through.  I can receive emails no worries but can't
> obviously
> do anything about them once they are in my inbox!
>
> I am sure there is an easy explaination but I am a novice at this so
> please
> help!?

0
DL

e-mail security, how to prevent readers from editing e-mails
I would like to prevent receipients of my e-mails from editing the text of my message. What do I need to do? -- Many thanks, and have a good day Ursula A. Use Windows Rights Management or one of the security services listed at = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/security.htm#services --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Ursula A." <...

How to distinguish right click from left click forNIN_BALLOONUSERC
Hi, In OnTrayIconNotify, my program process NIN_BALLOONUSERCLICK. According to msdn, NIN_BALLOONUSERCLICK was sent when the balloon is dismissed because of a mouse click. Is it possible to distinguish right mouse click from left mouse click for this message? I want my program to open a new window when user left click on the balloontip but pop up the context menu when user right click on the trayicon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Richard -- Nothing impossible, Nothing easy If you handle it fast enough you could just look at the state of the mouse button when you get the me...

Masking/Changing return E-mail address
I have Exchange 2003 as my mail server for my domain. I alos have a Unix based HIS System that has its own e-mail service (internally). I have set up the Unix box to allow users to send e-mail to everyone includeing the outside world. I had to tell the unix box its mail domain was mail.domain.org . When a user send mail outside of either domain, the mail is rcvd but the recipient cannot reply due to the false domain. I have been told that there is a way to setup a "table" on Exchange that will change the unix users e-mail to reflect a valid address so the recipient can...

Restoring GP Databases on New System
Dear All, I don't have the Great Plains CDs and cannot seem to find information about GP databases, etc. What is the dynamics database? I think it's the great plains system's databases. We're currently running this along with SQL server 2000 & obtaining information for documentation purposes. I will be upgrading (not an in-place migration) of Windows 2000 server to Windows Server 2003 where the Great Plains database sits. My plan is to use the SQL backup-to-files to restore all SQL databases including the GP dynamics and the other GP databases. Is this the right way to ...

Migrate Sun mail server to Exchange 2k3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a tool for Migrating mailbox on sun mail server(netscape) to = Exchange 2003? Or, could you give me any experiences on this point, thank you for your = any inputs. Owen 2006.4.24 ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &...

Count and Reset Button Clicks
Hello Experts. I have a Yahtzee game with 2 buttons/2 macros. One button (Roll Dice) rolls the dice (Calculate) and the second button (Next Player) clears all checkboxes on the sheet. However, I'd like to know if there's a way to disable the first button after it's been clicked 3 times, then re-enable it once the second button is clicked and start the count over... Please advise. I thank you for your time. We can use a Global variable to communicate between the two macros: Dim IAmTheCount As Integer Sub FirstButton() If IsEmpty(IAmTheCount) Then I...

Messages stop routing
Hi I hope this is the right forum. My problem is this, I have a multi exchange server (all W2K and E2K) environment. At one of my remote sites, messages all of a sudden stop going back and forth and remain in the queue, I've tried restarting MTA, in fact I've tried restarting all Exchange related services, no service restarts seem to rectify the problem. The only way around this problem is to reboot the box itself, and then everything is fine. Has anyone got any ideas as to why this would happen. Thanks in advance Bob "bob smythe" <bob@aol.com> wrote: &...

[EX55] mail forwarding...
Greetings! Have an exchange network, and one of our servers is going to be down for an awhile and I want to forward emails to mailboxes on that server to mailboxes on another server. I've been told that i can use the Delivery Option tab to set up forwarding, and when the server in question goes down, mail will still be redirected because the address set up on the Delivery Option tab will will be replicated to other servers. I've tried this in my test lab with little luck and wondered if there was another way or if its a waste of time. Thanks, K The forwarding won't work if you...

Auto checking mails...!
I want to make my Windows mail to check mails automatically; even when Windows mail is not open, like foxmail & other softwares. How to do it? "G. Mohandas" <G. Mohandas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B14F7B3-CEFA-4AAA-87F1-1C0004BF3EE2@microsoft.com... >I want to make my Windows mail to check mails automatically; even when > Windows mail is not open, like foxmail & other softwares. How to do it? This is not an option in WM, some have said that installing a third party application will do it? But I do not recall what the program...

Where my custom message handlers are added in MFC?
When we add message handler for controls(For Ex. Ok button->OnOk()) then where the framework map this message with the given handler... Whether all the handlers are added with windproc's switch case? or somewhere else? where(in which file) could i see this in MFC? Thanks, Raa The handlers are done with files that are typically at the top of the program files. Some of the handlers (like OnOK) are handled by default inside of MFC, but can be overridden if you want to do special processing. Tom "RajanM" <Rajan.Munuswamy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166596367...

Right mouse click not working
I seem to have turned off my ability to use my right mouse click in Excel. My right mouse button works fine in all other apps (Word, Windows, etc). Any suggestions - I am lost without it. Thanks, Rita See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rita" <heidkampr@alyeska-pipeline.com> wrote in message news:0e8701c49c1d$cd1c5ff0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I seem to have turned off my ability to use my right > mouse click in Excel. My right mouse button works fine > in all other apps (Word, Windows, etc). > > Any suggestions - I am l...

Creating a form that can be dragged from any click within the 'Detail' section
Hi all, I'm trying to create a dashboard and I want the form to be moveable, however I have removed the control box and I don't want the form to have a border (hence no title row that can be used to drag the form). How do I allow a click from either a control or the detail section to enable the form to be dragged? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Bob Phil I agree with your suggestions to stick with the standard Window UI. But if the OP really must have this interface it is possible using the Form's MouseMove etc. events. I and others have posted code how to do this ov...

I have to press Send & Receive on Outlook to read new messages
Why are my messages just not automatically showing up???? "Jodi Wickstrom" <Jodi Wickstrom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCAFB139-F812-471A-BAF6-1B12B87E86A3@microsoft.com... > Why are my messages just not automatically showing up???? Using MS Exchange as your mail server? This would be considered critical information in a request for help, along with WHICH version of Outlook that you use and the operating system version. If using Exchange, it sounds like its UDP packets are not getting to your host to let Outlook know there are new pending mails...

Double Click To Calculate
I have a field where I sometimes need to manually enter an amount but sometimes I need it to calculate an amount based on 2 other fields. I know this is not normalized data but this is how we need to run this particular field. I would like to setup the field to allow me to manually enter data most of the time, but then calculate when I double click. The calculation would be [totalpartsCost]/0.8. I just don't know how to create the code it in the event procedure. In the double click event of the textbox, add the code: me.[yourtextboxname]= [totalpartsCost]/0.8 This assumes totalpartsc...

Identities makes my drive go click, click, click
One of my Office 2001 users cannot launch an Office application=20 without her drive making a strange, recurring sequence of three clicks.=20 Entourage will not open at all, giving the user and I/O error instead.=20 Other Office apps will eventually open. In an effort to move her to Office for OS X, I've tried to copy the = Office=20 2001 Identities folder to another Mac, but it fails to copy both under=20 Mac OS 9.2.2 and Jaguar. It seems to hang on the Database file=20 particularly. If it were simply a corrupted file, I would not expect the odd drive = noise=20 (click, click, click.......

Can't open the hypertext link in my e-mail.
Hello all, I have been using Microsoft Outlook and recently I found that I can't open the hypertext in my e-mail. When I click it, a window comes up, which is like the one that apprears when I am trying to save a file on my computer. Is anyone who knows how to fix this problem out there? Thank you. thickface <kimfinale@gmail.com> wrote: > I have been using Microsoft Outlook and recently I found that I can't > open the hypertext in my e-mail. When I click it, a window comes up, > which is like the one that apprears when I am trying to save a file on > my computer...

new outlook user problems
Hello, I was using outlook express for a hotmail account. I decided to install Outlook 2003 for hotmail. But I'm having problems. I've used almost all of the combinations of ports, SSL or no SSL, etc but I get what seem to be conflicting messages: Task 'hotmail-AM - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' when I uncheck ssl from outgoing smtp, and go back to port 25, I get this...

Why does one have to click on the cmd button twice
PPT 2003 on Vista .. I have two CMD buttons that I click on one to display new numbers and the second to show the correct answer. I have to click on the second buttoon twice. I don't why becasue on slides from previous files it takes one click to display the data. I tried to match the properties thinking it is a focus issue, but all the properties seem to be the same. I can post the code if it is important. Thanks ... Phil Yes, the code you are using will be helpful. Also, check to see if there is an entrance animation added to the shape you show for the correct ans...

Messages not decoded correctly
I have a situation with at least two machines running Outlook 2007 against Exchange Server. A small number of messages are not being decoded correctly when Outlook receives them so they can not be read properly. If the message is re-sent from the originator, it is usually OK. The received messages contain the mime information, e.g. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D24C.74CCA6DC Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C9D24C.74CCA6DC" And the raw mime encoding. This is not a problem for short messages, but when the...

Importing mail from Windows Mail to WLM
I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium. I successfully imported mail from Windows Mail to WLM but am unable to view the imported messages. Help! View | Layout | Folder Pane. Is: Show Storage Folders checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "len" <len@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D902CFE-2318-4345-9897-E66138F3AD4E@microsoft.com... >I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium. I successfully > imported mail from Windows Mail to WLM but am unable to view the...

Getting 550 5.7.1 'message rejected' from external senders
Hello, I have an an Exchange Server 2003 running and all has been well until I had a power outage. Ever since that my external users using pop3 mail clients like Outlook Express can not send mail to anyone outside the local users group. It acts just like the relay errors but I am allowing relays and the error is "An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'gfgfgf', Account: 'www.domain.com', Server: 'www.domain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Message rejected.', Port: 97, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69&quo...

Sending Blank E-Mails
For some strange reason, Outlook 2007 started sending all my e-mail as blanks. However, the receipient can click on REPLY to open. I have never used any type of signature, encrypted or initiated any kind of privacy measure. I have searched through all the commands, menus and toolbars but still can't figure this out. It seems as though this may be a private way to send e-mails. There were other problems so I reloaded Outlook 2007 and also clicked on DEFAULT SETTINGS. NOTHING CAN STOP IT! How do I turn this off? I have a large newsletter to send out and no one will get it. HELP! Th...

Can't download bank account activitiy to a new account
Recently i've changed my bank account. When i've tried to download the activity from my new bank account to Microsoft Money 2204 for the first time, i've mistakenly ordered the software to download it to the old bank account in MS Money. Now, every time i try to download my account activity, it downloadds it to the old account in Microsoft Money, despite the fact that i've marked this account as "closed". I've tried everything in order to connect my new bank account with the new account in MS Money, but have failed. Please help me to fix this annoying prob...

Owner-draw checkbox and Double-click
Hello, I have an owner drawn checkbox (see my post "Checkboxes: SetCheck() and BS_OWNERDRAW", 8/18/2003). It works great whether the user clicks on it or hits the space bar when it has the focus. However, when the user double-clicks the checkbox and tabs to another control, a heavy black rectangle is left behind. I noticed that this related to my usage of DrawFocusRect() in my DrawItem() function, but I cannot figure out how to properly address the problem. DrawFocusRect is called in two different places in DrawItem(): if( lpDrawItemStruct->itemAction == ODA_DRAWENTIRE ) { ...

.net changeing to . com in windows live mail
ok here is my issue i just set up windows live mail on windows 7 and when i try to send an email windows mail changes my megalink.net account to megalink.com and give me a 553 error that it is an invalid email adress the .com that is In Windows Live Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. Inspect what it shows for the server names. Correct as necressary. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "dave39_me" wrote in message news:8E1A7B99-542D-487A-BF50-05A7345F5E5E@microsoft.com... ok here is my issue i just set up windows live mail on ...