Vall...

amazing that there isn't an easy fix for this. The instructions provided
simply don't work ( tools-email accounts-view change email accounts-deliver
to new account-finish-close outlook and reopen ), and none of the other
offered explanations have worked either. As this is such a common problem;
why hasn't microsoft provided a very EASY fix? I am more confused ( and
frightened ) and don't want to make the problem worse!
0
Gino (18)

Your profile is corrupt, probably based on an incorrect migration of your
..pst file.

Create a new mail profile and configure it to use your existing .pst file.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Gino asked:

| Vall...
|
| amazing that there isn't an easy fix for this. The instructions
| provided simply don't work ( tools-email accounts-view change email
| accounts-deliver to new account-finish-close outlook and reopen ),
| and none of the other offered explanations have worked either. As
| this is such a common problem; why hasn't microsoft provided a very
| EASY fix? I am more confused ( and frightened ) and don't want to
| make the problem worse!

0
MillyS (3228)
1/16/2006 6:00:31 AM

In news:AB02F07F-0AA3-4D39-A341-E330777CC5B2@microsoft.com,
Gino <Gino@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Vall...
>
> amazing that there isn't an easy fix for this. The instructions
> provided simply don't work ( tools-email accounts-view change email
> accounts-deliver to new account-finish-close outlook and reopen ),
> and none of the other offered explanations have worked either. As
> this is such a common problem; why hasn't microsoft provided a very
> EASY fix? I am more confused ( and frightened ) and don't want to
> make the problem worse!

Not sure who Vall is - you've posted this as a new message, not a reply.

If you have a ghost PST showing up, your profile is corrupt. Create a new
mail profile in control panel | mail. Don't copy the existing one...

0
lanwench (7567)
1/16/2006 6:24:42 AM
Thanks... I tried that but obviously I'm doing something wrong as it didn't
work. I will try again, thanks

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Your profile is corrupt, probably based on an incorrect migration of your
> ..pst file.
>
> Create a new mail profile and configure it to use your existing .pst file.
>

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Gino asked:
>
> | Vall...
> |
> | amazing that there isn't an easy fix for this. The instructions
> | provided simply don't work ( tools-email accounts-view change email
> | accounts-deliver to new account-finish-close outlook and reopen ),
> | and none of the other offered explanations have worked either. As
> | this is such a common problem; why hasn't microsoft provided a very
> | EASY fix? I am more confused ( and frightened ) and don't want to
> | make the problem worse!

0
Gino (18)
1/16/2006 2:01:01 PM
Sorry ( Vall is a typo ). I am brand new to this... Is there a simple set of
instructions somewhere that I can follow steo by step? I know this is simple
to you folks, but I am finding it very difficult.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:AB02F07F-0AA3-4D39-A341-E330777CC5B2@microsoft.com,
> Gino <Gino@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > Vall...
> >
> > amazing that there isn't an easy fix for this. The instructions
> > provided simply don't work ( tools-email accounts-view change email
> > accounts-deliver to new account-finish-close outlook and reopen ),
> > and none of the other offered explanations have worked either. As
> > this is such a common problem; why hasn't microsoft provided a very
> > EASY fix? I am more confused ( and frightened ) and don't want to
> > make the problem worse!
>
> Not sure who Vall is - you've posted this as a new message, not a reply.
>
> If you have a ghost PST showing up, your profile is corrupt. Create a new
> mail profile in control panel | mail. Don't copy the existing one...

0
Gino (18)
1/16/2006 2:17:05 PM
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm
then
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/connect_pst.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Gino" <Gino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry ( Vall is a typo ). I am brand new to this... Is there a simple set
> of
> instructions somewhere that I can follow steo by step? I know this is
> simple
> to you folks, but I am finding it very difficult.
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

>> In news:AB02F07F-0AA3-4D39-A341-E330777CC5B2@microsoft.com,
>> Gino <Gino@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>> > Vall...
>> >
>> > amazing that there isn't an easy fix for this. The instructions
>> > provided simply don't work ( tools-email accounts-view change email
>> > accounts-deliver to new account-finish-close outlook and reopen ),
>> > and none of the other offered explanations have worked either. As
>> > this is such a common problem; why hasn't microsoft provided a very
>> > EASY fix? I am more confused ( and frightened ) and don't want to
>> > make the problem worse!
>>
>> Not sure who Vall is - you've posted this as a new message, not a reply.
>>
>> If you have a ghost PST showing up, your profile is corrupt. Create a new
>> mail profile in control panel | mail. Don't copy the existing one...

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/16/2006 3:07:42 PM
Gino <Gino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Sorry ( Vall is a typo ). I am brand new to this... Is there a simple
> set of instructions somewhere that I can follow steo by step? I know
> this is simple to you folks, but I am finding it very difficult.

In addition to the URLs Diane cited, you might check this one:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm
> then
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/connect_pst.htm
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Gino" <Gino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry ( Vall is a typo ). I am brand new to this... Is there a simple set
> > of
> > instructions somewhere that I can follow steo by step? I know this is
> > simple
> > to you folks, but I am finding it very difficult.
> >
> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
> >

> >> In news:AB02F07F-0AA3-4D39-A341-E330777CC5B2@microsoft.com,
> >> Gino <Gino@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> >> Not sure who Vall is - you've posted this as a new message, not a reply.
> >>
> >> If you have a ghost PST showing up, your profile is corrupt. Create a new
> >> mail profile in control panel | mail. Don't copy the existing one...

0
Gino (18)
1/16/2006 3:39:02 PM
Hello again Diane...

Well, I followed the instructions exactly, and it created a new profile, but
when I went to my pst files ( as per instructions, it created a second set of
files again. My new profile has no emails in it, and the second set has
everything... Nuts!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm
> then
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/connect_pst.htm
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Gino" <Gino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry ( Vall is a typo ). I am brand new to this... Is there a simple set
> > of
> > instructions somewhere that I can follow steo by step? I know this is
> > simple
> > to you folks, but I am finding it very difficult.
> >
> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
> >

> >> In news:AB02F07F-0AA3-4D39-A341-E330777CC5B2@microsoft.com,
> >> Gino <Gino@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> >> Not sure who Vall is - you've posted this as a new message, not a reply.
> >>
> >> If you have a ghost PST showing up, your profile is corrupt. Create a new
> >> mail profile in control panel | mail. Don't copy the existing one...

0
Gino (18)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Integration Manager error #2
Is anyone familiar with this error from the Itegration Manager: "DOC 1 ERROR: Could not locate the Integration Manager sanScript library." I get this when running a payroll transaction integreation. The import file is a flat text file located on a network drive. IM runs other integrations on this PC. Regards, - Greg Crowe ...

Text Box #2
I inserted a text box in excel using the click and drag text from the tool bar and entered the relevant comments in english and as soon as I finish the language changes to German. I have done all the basic stuff like clearing any formats, removing the text box and inserting a new box, checking langauge settings etc, but nothing works. I have than inserted 2 more text boxes in the same manner and typed the text in english and these have been fine. Can anyone tell what could be causing this problem? ...

Can't send/receive

Global Address List creation in the console
It makes no sense to us that the console interface for creating address lists is not available for creating global address lists. It would be helpful if the same options and the same wizard were available for dealing with global address lists, that are available for dealing with regular address lists. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in ...

Can not Customize Leads View

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

97 vs 97 SR-2
What are the basic differences between Excel 97 and 97 SR-2? This MSKB article provides the storied history of Excel 97 patches and links to more detailed information about the changes made: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232652&Product=xlw -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Tim2" <Tim2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BFA00FD-9E36-4FEB-B558-EB781563A591@microsoft.com... | What are the basic differences between Excel 97 and 97 SR-2? ...

timesheet entry error #2
When we enter timesheets, we get the error that the pay code does not exist for the employee in the rate table. I looked at the KB 874621 as well and everything checks out. We get our cost and billing from employee rate table. Surprisingly we are getting this error for the project for all the employees. Apart from making sure that the employee with his salary paycode (as he is a salary employee) is defined in the rate table, what else can I check? ...

Blocking mouse clicks #2
In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor. I'm using Martyn's CPersistentCursor to hold this WaitCursor. http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/persistentwaitcursor.asp But for my surprise, a WaitCursor don't block the mouse clicks. How could I achieve this? What's wrong with BeginWaitCursor() and EndWaitCursor()? AliR. "Renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23xWfY4pRFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor. > I'm using Martyn's CPersi...

Bulk attachments

Deleting a batch...
I have just upgraded from QS2000.... I have redesigned my taxes to base them on the customers Custom text 1 field... (aka County) We tendered a transaction on a customer that was using an older tax schedule, we changed the customer record to use the new tax record... when we voided the tax record... It credited the new tax category instead of the one that was originally charged... I tried to switch the customer back to So I ran a sale and void in the reverse order, hoping the sale would offset the last void, and the new void would offset the first sale... but it didnt' work... W...

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Can't delete email #2

how do i do an alphabetical list of songs for a booklet
i need to do a booklet of song titles for karaoke booklets but thgey need to be done in alphabetical order, any ideas what i need ? use Word document -- davidm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davidm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375228 All you need to do is enter the song titles into a column in Excel and you can use the DATA -> SORT command to sort them in "ABC Order". Can you tell I have a school age child...

Can Not Reply To Emails

how to delete templates
I have publisher templates I wish to delete. Please how to do this. I have Excel 2003 Do you have Publisher? What OS? In Windows XP the Publisher templates are in a folder similar to this (hidden). C:\Documents and Settings\<<user name>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates Vista, also hidden C:\Users\<<user name>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "david winkley" <david winkley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABC03B00-049C-4...

How can I rename a database table?

Distribution Lists #19
I run Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. I have no problems sending emails to individual parties. The problem comes when I try to send a group email to a distribution list. When I send to a distribution list, the email will show up in the "Sent" folder but no one will have received it. The next time I try to send any email, I'll get a send/receive error, "Task 'mail.comcast.net-sending and receiving error (0x80042108): Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or in...