I am setting up newsgroup in outlook but can not find the "news" .

I was told to drag the "news" command to the category "go" to set up news
group...but I can not find the command "news"......can any one help please ?

Thanks

clement
0
Clement (5)

Look in tools, customize...

Then got to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change
the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If  OE prompts you to make it
your default newsreader the next time you launch  it, click the "Don't ask
me again" box and then click the No button.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Clement" <Clement@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was told to drag the "news" command to the category "go" to set up news
> group...but I can not find the command "news"......can any one help please
> ?
>
> Thanks
>
> clement

0
dianenws (1904)

News disappeared from Go Menu
Hello, I followed the instructions to add "News" to the "Go" menu item. The next time I opened Outlook it was gone and now I can't find it anywhere (not even in the add customize menu area)! Thanks in advance for any help! Rick Johnston You forgot to post your Outlook version. It matters. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rick Johnston" <rickjnstn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%235nAIqItDHA.2388@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I followed the instructions to add "News" to the "Go" menu item. The next > tim...

Starting Windows Live Mail in Newsgroup Mode
I use Windows Live Mail only for newsgroups. However, when I open it, it always starts in Mail mode. Is there any way I can make it start in Newsgroup mode? Maybe a command line switch or some setting somewhere that I don't know about? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11C8F870-9D50-4F41-9B3C-29E7538636E1@microsoft.com... > I use Windows Live Mail only for newsgroups. However, when I open it, it > always starts in Mail mode. Is there...

Newsgroup Isses
Can someone tell me who to contact regarding issues with the Newsgroup site? Search is not working anymore when you try to find your old postings and I'm not receiving emails alerting me to replies, even if I mark the "Notify me of replies" box. -- jav I already contacted Microsoft in this regard and still following up with them, below are the mails: Hello Mohammad, Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service. I will follow this issue up. I am currently working with my colleagues to resolve your issue. Typically, we hear from th...

Put News/Discussion Group in Outlook
I have managed to put my favorite new/discussion groups in Windows Mail, but can't figure out how to add them to Outlook. I have been using Windows Mail as a stepping stone into full Outlook and want to eventually get away from Mail if I can. Can Outlook access new or discussion groups like this one? Brad OE 6 on XP Mail on Vista Business 64 Outlook 2007 on Vista Business 64 Outlook has never had newsreader capability, nor is it likely "Brad" <bwyarger@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%237WWH9cpKHA.3776@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have managed to...

Managed Newsgroup Registration
I cannot get to the registration form on PartnerSoure. It says "unable to open the site" or "site unavailable". Is it my browser security/zones or does somebody know what's up with the link for the registration form? Thanks ...

Cannot read news in Outlook
Hey, I have this problem when i try to open news in Outlook; it simply opens a directory called: "1030". I know it has worked before. Regards, Rasmus Bertelsen "Rasmus Bertelsen" <rasbert@nowhere.dk> wrote in message news:OJkYu5sZGHA.4788@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hey, > I have this problem when i try to open news in Outlook; it simply > opens a directory called: "1030". I know it has worked before. Outlook does not and never has supported NNTP (network news transfer protocol). Outlook EXPRESS supports NNTP. Any "news" functio...

Can't configure news group
Hello I have two computer and in both I use Outlook Express and in both I have configured the "msnews.microsoft.com" and it all worked fine. Two days ago one computer crashed and I made a "Clean Install" on it, and all work fine now but the NEWSGROUP I can't configure it out. I tried to copy the same setting from this machine where the newsgroup does work and I am writing from it, but the other one keep telling me : "The account is not properly configured" "Protocol: NNTP" Port : 0 name of account: my own name and email address, SE...

Transition from Newsgroups to Forums
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE *** Hello Folks, We are soon going to transition from public Newsgroups to Forums. This is an amazing enhancement from the costumer experience perspective. Forums offer the following key benefits: .. Enable getting Answers by authoritative users in the community. .. Subscription and Notification Services - RSS or to Live Alerts on any thread .. Posts live forever and unlike newsgroups are never pruned .. Ability to Vote as Helpful .. Rich reporting abilities - Users are better identified enabling us to better understand their participation in the syst...

Missing icon for adding news button to view list.
When attempting to customize my toolbars and add the News button(icon)to the Go menu, I discovered that I do not have a News button (icon)in the commands list when I select the Go category on the Commands tab. I have tried repairing, reinstalling, uninstalling and reinstalling Office. Anyone know a fix for this. This is Outlook 2003, correct? (Please ALWAYS post your version - there are currently 5 version out with 7 modes) To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts...

Trouble Adding Newsgroups to Outlook 2003
I just installed Outlook 2003 over Outlook 2000. The installation went fine until I went to add "News" to the GO category. I slipped while dragging it to the GO category and the "News" showed up on the Menu Bar instead of the GO category. When I clicked it, Newsgroups would not show but some other saying something about properties or something. I was able to drag the "News" onto the GO category and it opened into my Newsgroups that I had in before, so I know it can work. I then went to remove the none working "News" from the Menu Bar. It disappe...

Newsgroups Disappear
I put the news option in the go menu and successfully connected to a newsgroup. When I went back to Outlook later and I click on news, I go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 And the news option disappears from the Go menu until I go to some other folder and come back. Then I get to that same folder again, but I cannot access my newsgroup, or any newsgroup, for that matter. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make i...

Can't add News to Go menu
I followed the Help instructions to add News to the Go menu. It was in the menu and I accessed newsgroups. I shut down Outlook 2003. Reopened Outlook 2003. The News selection on the Go dropdown menu was gone and now it is not available from the custom menu to be added. I assume Outlook still think it is on the Go dropdown. Suggestions on how to fix this. I get the feeling that my Outlook install is headed into the tank for some reason. Kurt Giesselman <kgiesselman@indy.rr.com> wrote: > I followed the Help instructions to add News to the Go menu. It was > in the menu and...

Simple Newsgroup Questions
I'm new to Newsgroups. I'm subscribed to Microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb. I've posted 2 messages but I can't get the third to post. I saw it for a few minutes, then it was crossed out and said "no longer available from the server". Also, I can't seem to get more than 300 messages displayed. I'd like to be able to download and search through thousands. I've tried increasing the number of headers to download, but when I click on 'Download Next 1000 Headers', it seems to do nothing. In the microsoft.public.outlook newsgroup, I can see over...

Newsgroup becoming too successful
This newsgroup has grown from a few posting a week to many each day. This is very good! Perhaps MS would consider splitting the group into one or more additional groups based on subject matter. ie. Programming, best practices (accounting), Portal, etc. Would make daily reading more efficient. ...

Confusing newsgroup name
I notice lots of people misinterpret the name of this particular newsgroup, resulting in many messages that belong in other groups. I'm sure the reason for this is the name of the group: '...public.access' . Wouldn't it be a good idea to change the newsgroup name? Has this ever been tried? Regards, john Given that newsgroups are propagated onto literally thousands of servers around the world, changing names isn't an easy proposition. Microsoft could change the name on their server, but because many people post using other servers, that wouldn't eliminate this ...

how to add newsgroup in outlook 2003
I'm a newbie on computers so pleas help me. thanks Realize that Outlook is not a newsreader. You can only add a link to your newsreader on your menu bar. The Help Files tell you how. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2503AA56-654C-4192-AEC4-A0D11D072DAF@microsoft.com... > I'm a newbie on computers so pleas help me. thanks Microsoft Outlook Express is a decent news reader. You should find it already installed on your workstation. If you haven't run it before the wizard will automatically sta...

Why can't I search the Microsoft News Server list of newsgroups?
In Entourage Web Services Edition 13.0.3 on my 10.6.2 2.4 GHz Unibody 13" MacBook, when I click on the icon for the Microsoft News Server I get a very long list of newsgroups. But if I click in the Search box and type anything to narrow the list down, say I type "Mac" so I can see the newsgroups that deal with Macintosh computers, instead of getting a new list of all the Microsoft newsgroups that deal with Macs I get "All Messages" search results of emails that have "mac" in them. Does that make sense? The same thing happens no matter what parameter...

Outlook 2003 News Reader link
I have just had to re-install Windows (XP) and Office 2003. My preferred option of getting to read Newsgroups is to drag the "NEWS" link onto menu in Outlook 2003 and launch from there. I had problem with this and needed to remove the "News" link, and now it's vanished! It should be in the "Customize" list but it's not. Can anyone tell me how to get this set up? Thanks To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it you...

News Groupd
I have recently installed MS Outlook 2003. I have also tried to set up the "news" function but am unable to get it to work. The HELP menu has you frag the news icon to the Go menu, but it will not do that. As soon as I try to drag it over a small "x" appears with the news icon and it will not go the the menu listing. Any ideas...? Thanks, Gary To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch...

How To Subscribe to English Newsgroups
Please can someone advise me how I can subscribe to an English Microsoft newsgroup for Microsoft Word or Office using Windows Live Mail. I have tried using the manage newsgroups feature and resetting the list but it seems that I can only find newsgroups in Greek, Turkish, Arabic and Hebrew which is according to my region I suppose. In the meantime I have gone directly to the Microsoft English newsgroup for Word to post there instead but would prefer using WLM if possible. Is there a solution? Your thoughts would be appreciated. -- Kind Regards Chris "Chris Nic...

Sorry News client sw test posting!!!
PLz Ignoring this article!!!! ...

Download Newsgroup Messages Error
I have a friend who is using outlook as her newsgroup reader. The following is what is happening when she clicks on the newsgroup and tries to download the messages. OK --------- I go to Annxecafe newsgroups in my e-mail section - double click on messages the are in components to open messages & it just freezes . Don�t even get to download stuff Any help would be appreciated so I can get her back online to the newsgroups she wants to contribute too :) Angela I have just been advised the Outlook is only an email reader. If this is so then I will advice my friend to download IE and Ou...

Win7 Newsgroup??
Is there a windows 7 newsgroup? I can't seem to find one. Have a good day. -- JamesKB JamesKB wrote: > Is there a windows 7 newsgroup? I can't seem to find one. > > Have a good day. Depends on what server you are on. Official Microsoft one - no. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html You might review previous threads about this: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/search?group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&q=%22windows+7%22...

NNTP newsgroups gone?
Is it true that Microsoft has shut down the NNTP interface to the newsgroups and only the Web interface is available now? "Bazsl" <Bazsl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B924A0BA-E738-4B14-8744-329D4C8C3829@microsoft.com... > Is it true that Microsoft has shut down the NNTP interface to the > newsgroups > and only the Web interface is available now? When the newsgroups are closed, the Web interface, (a back door to the groups) ceases to work as well. Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities http://www.microsoft.com/commu...

Win7 Newsgroup 06-08-10
I have not been able to find a Windows 7 newsgroup and would appreciate suggestions. I am having a problem with "Administrator Permission to change attributes" and need some help. -- Dave ~^~^~^~^~^ "Let God's promises shine on your problems." Corrie ten Boom This is the microsoft hosted one. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro Dave wrote: > I have not been able to find a Windows 7 newsgroup and would appreciate > suggestions. > > I am having a problem with "Administrator Permission to chan...